Options

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dont worry Bacon, money is so easy to come by eventually that its laughable. I have over 4 million easy on my character and I got over 1 mil the other day because I got the DLC and wanted to play it. So I can easily get over 1 mil in one daY of playing with a paycheck of somewhere around 18,000 (and Im a good guy who lowered every house to -20% pay)

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    DLC spoiler.
    Last night I played for a bit and decided to quit without saving to try all the new potions and weapons. Then I decided to bring my dog back.

I am amazed at the actual real life emotion I felt when the doors opened up and it was MY DOG. Same name, same collar he had on at his death.

Its gonna be REALLY hard as a hero to stick to my "no dead citizen" guns and not bring him back for real.

Oh come on they're brainless half-twits, its not like the citizens have any depth to them whatsoever :mrgreen:

Egos on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    DLC spoiler.
    Last night I played for a bit and decided to quit without saving to try all the new potions and weapons. Then I decided to bring my dog back.

I am amazed at the actual real life emotion I felt when the doors opened up and it was MY DOG. Same name, same collar he had on at his death.

Its gonna be REALLY hard as a hero to stick to my "no dead citizen" guns and not bring him back for real.

Oh come on they're brainless half-twits, its not like the citizens have any depth to them whatsoever :mrgreen:

Oh I know - thats why I feel so bad. IM THIER PROTECTOR! WITHOUT ME, THE WHOLE PLACE WOULD BE WIPED OUT!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was pretty disappointed that the whole destruction of the Heroes Guild by murderous citizens armed with gunpowder weapons were so completly ignored. I thought it would have some kind of story significance, considering the blurbs about the history of Albion on the Fable 2 website but I guess that part of the story simply went nowhere.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Silpheed wrote: »
    I was pretty disappointed that the whole destruction of the Heroes Guild by murderous citizens armed with gunpowder weapons were so completly ignored. I thought it would have some kind of story significance, considering the blurbs about the history of Albion on the Fable 2 website but I guess that part of the story simply went nowhere.
    It was centuries later, to a group of unpopular figures at the time. It makes sense for the emotional impact of that event to be lost over time.

also: I want to dye my dog.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I kind of wish that there was a muting collar for the dog.

jaredburton on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kedinik wrote: »
    If I'm reading this thread title correctly Peter Molyneux dies if we don't buy the DLC?

I see only one way to profit from this situation and it does not involve spending money.

Don't worry, it's just a replica.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fucking shooting range. Got 174/175 twice. In a row.

Also, I have about a dozen fucking Lucien dolls. D:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It really is a pain in the ass (i got it ), but its amazing how many times you do a good round (like 60) and then do a not so great (35). The guys commentary can really throw you off at times especially when it doesn't even relate to whats going on "What a crummy shot" when you are just aiming.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

It really is a pain in the ass (i got it ), but its amazing how many times you do a good round (like 60) and then do a not so great (35). The guys commentary can really throw you off at times especially when it doesn't even relate to whats going on "What a crummy shot" when you are just aiming.

I keep losing my zoom, and I don't know why... I'll be aiming, fire, and all of a sudden be back zoomed out. Kinda annoying. :|

Five times at 174 now. :(

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I keep losing my zoom, and I don't know why... I'll be aiming, fire, and all of a sudden be back zoomed out. Kinda annoying. :|

Yeah that happens to me also, you have to keep holding down y after you shoot (almost instantly) its a pain :(

If you aren't already - try doing really well on the first stage (I underestimated the amount of points I could get there at first). Last round (you just really need to be pumped up) so drink caffeine or something.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah that happens to me also, you have to keep holding down y after you shoot (almost instantly) its a pain :(

If you aren't already - try doing really well on the first stage (I underestimated the amount of points I could get there at first). Last round (you just really need to be pumped up) so drink caffeine or something.

On the bridge, it's best to ignore one half, and just focus on anything that pops up in the other half. I prefered aiming at the right half, because it's a bit closer. Also, whenever you get a headshot (I assume you're aiming for headshots, because you absolutely should), don't move your aim for about a second. Very often, especially in the bridge stage, a target will pop up again in the same place after you shoot one. It might waste a few seconds, but you'll get a lot of free headshots, and it's definitely worth it.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

On the bridge, it's best to ignore one half, and just focus on anything that pops up in the other half. I prefered aiming at the right half, because it's a bit closer. Also, whenever you get a headshot (I assume you're aiming for headshots, because you absolutely should), don't move your aim for about a second. Very often, especially in the bridge stage, a target will pop up again in the same place after you shoot one. It might waste a few seconds, but you'll get a lot of free headshots, and it's definitely worth it.

That's what I ended up doing... finally got it, too. With 201 fucking points. :P

Reward is hot shit, though. I'm especially happy since I'm a ranged guy. :)

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I just finished this.

Why are the choices so hamfisted in this game?
    YOU CAN DO THIS, WHICH BENEFITS YOU. BUT, IT IS EVIL. OOOOOOHHH *waves fingers around* make your choooooiiiiiiiiiiiiice! x100.

Having said that I absoloutly loved it and will be playing it again.

Fantastic game.

Stephen fry just has to be in it some more. Please?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I just finished this.

Man like everything about this game is so hamfisted and over the top.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I just finished this.

Man like everything about this game is so hamfisted and over the top.

I think thats why I really didn't enjoy this game. It seemed to go out of its way to become every rpg cliche all rolled into one.

I would say the combat being way too easy pretty much ruined it for me. Even the trolls are not tough, unless your doing co-op.

The best thing was the demon doors. A nice, unique puzzle idea that was fairly entertaining.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I just married a town cryer.

That was a mistake.

"Hello my darling, how was you-SHOPS NOOOWW OPENIIIINNNNG"

Inside our house.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

That was a mistake.

Inside our house.
    I bet he says the shops are now opening at night :winky: if you get my drift :winky:

i think you do :winky:

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

That was a mistake.

Inside our house.

That is the best euphemism.

edit: OH NO, A RANDOM ENCOUNTER!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That was a mistake.

Inside our house.
    I bet he says the shops are now opening at night :winky: if you get my drift :winky:

:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky:

Seriously though it's so annoying. I think I might sacrifice him.

Also, do children grow older throughout the normal course of the game without
    the spire

happening?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    yep

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm so excited, I'm close to finishing Fable 2 achievements (at least the ones I actually want to go for!) If anyone has a backflip book, look me up! Fable 2 has been exciting, and I can't wait to watch my wife play her character from the start!

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That was a mistake.

Inside our house.

:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky:

Seriously though it's so annoying. I think I might sacrifice him.

Also, do children grow older throughout the normal course of the game without
    the spire

happening?

I think they do, but only after that event. Meaning, until you go there, they are babies and will stay babies. Afterwards, any new babies will very quickly grow to toddlers.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

That was a mistake.

Inside our house.

I hated the town cryer so much. I wanted to stab him repeatedly, which I ended up doing. I just wish some of the characters wouldn't respawn if it was desired.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also... this game has a real problem when it comes to shades of grey in personality.

"Oh. Hero, we don't deserve you. You are godlike!"

Same Woman, half a second later "Killing is just wrong. You're nothing more than a murderer."

:|

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also... this game has a real problem when it comes to shades of grey in personality.

"Oh. Hero, we don't deserve you. You are godlike!"

Same Woman, half a second later "Killing is just wrong. You're nothing more than a murderer."

:|

I really do think the developers should decide if they want to pursue a more serious route with Fable 3 or just go with the whole whimsical (nothing means anything) approach (e.g. the goofy expressions, 1 dimensional villagers,etc.).

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So I'm up to where I can go to the Spire... are there any quests I should absolutely be seeking out and doing before I go in? There's not a whole lot in my quest log, but I'm not sure if I'm still missing some.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I'm up to where I can go to the Spire... are there any quests I should absolutely be seeking out and doing before I go in? There's not a whole lot in my quest log, but I'm not sure if I'm still missing some.
    This is a big one that may not be in your log but you should do before departure:
    Someone will ask you for investment money in westcliff. PAY THE MAN.

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I just went to the temple of shadows with like 10 people to do some murderin'

... and there was no one there.

And it was overrun by shadows and hollow men.

Will anyone ever come back or is that it? No more temple of shadows?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just went to the temple of shadows with like 10 people to do some murderin'

... and there was no one there.

And it was overrun by shadows and hollow men.

Will anyone ever come back or is that it? No more temple of shadows?

I think I'm in the same predicament, did you by any chance
    save the Temple of Light?
    In which case, I suspect it's permanent.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009
    It's permanent.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I didn't save either.

Guess it defaults to one.

Lame.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    you didn't think the quest in which you destroy the temple of shadows might have some profound effect on the temple of shadows?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I didn't destroy the temple of shadows.

So, although I would imagine a quest like that would have a profound effect, I'm pretty sure not doing it wouldn't affect it atall.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you completed the Temple of light Quest chain, you did.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I didn't do it because I couldn't decide which one I wanted to side with, so I left it before going to the spire, to decide later.

I finally decide after finishing the main quest story, come back and the decision has been made for me I guess

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You were in the spire for ten years!

Tube on
  • Options
    Chrono PaladinChrono Paladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, about the Knothole Island ending:
    So the chieftain offered me 10,000 g at the end and...immediately after he says that, I earned 17,000 g from my real estate profits.
    I have to say, his offer was suddenly even less appealing than it was to begin with.

Chrono Paladin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You were in the spire for ten years!

True.

The cool thing about it was that when I did come back, after 10 years, there was still the statue of my first spouse I sacrificed and turned to stone. :lol:

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If you completed the Temple of light Quest chain, you did.

What happens if you do neither quests? Is there a default champion? I've always done one or the other.

Egos on
This discussion has been closed.