As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I get logged out of the forums automatically

PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
For the last few weeks I've had an annoyance with the forums. I get logged out at seemingly random times while using the forums. Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes minutes and rarely I can go for days without being logged out. Sometimes I get logged out upon closing my browser and other times I stay logged in.

A common way of me noticing is that upon posting or editing a post, I get told that I don't have permission to do that and that I should refresh and login in again. In all cases of this happening, I'm logged in when I go to the top of the page, but logged out when refreshing.

In some cases I've had this happen when editing a post immedietly after posting it.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 under Windows XP SP 2 and I've tried to add forums.penny-arcade.com to trusted sites and to set it to always allow cookies from penny-arcade.com (couldn't add sub domains to that).

And yes, I am making sure to check "remember me" when logging in. I also use other similar forums and have never experienced this on those.

Peewi on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Try a different browser.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, don't report bugs here when you are using a beta browser, holmes.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1