As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Left 4 Dead Thread - DEMO OUT NOW

1565758596062»

• Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Idoliside wrote: »
    Your local high school....

=D!

jfx1rd.jpg
    14lk185.jpg

I'm set!

RCagent on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I want to give mapping a stab, but I'm totally dry on inspiration and I don't want to make yet another small ravaged city street deal. Suggestions?

Nightclub.

Make it multi-story, with themed floors - e.g. a classic 70's disco floor, Plenty of lights and good visibility. Then you change it up to your modern nightclub with really dark lights except for the dancefloor, so zombies can hide in all the gloom.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    AkolyteAkolyte Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hunting rifle owns, triple headshot

huntingrifle16315914ts5.gif
    The only thing I see in this image is a missed opportunity for a quadruple headshot.

The thing I just can't believe is that I'm still surprised by certain zombie attacks, even after playing for a long amount of time on just 2 maps. All I hope for the full game is that there are some good zombie-killing set pieces. If there's no shack for me to hole up in and defend to death until a helicopter or something shows up, I'm asking for a refund on grounds of massively wasted potential.

Akolyte on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    X3x3non wrote: »
    Madrox wrote: »
    another one; disneyland

A theme park has potential.

You are right, an abandoned theme park has a sort of demented atmosphere to it, doesn't it?

I think Universal Studios Islands of Adventure could be REALLY freaking creepy. Especially the Dr. Seuss part, which is already creepy at night.

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, so what would the titles for some of these "movies" be?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Universal Studios: Islands of Dethventure. (sounds like an episode of metalocalypse)

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I want to give mapping a stab, but I'm totally dry on inspiration and I don't want to make yet another small ravaged city street deal. Suggestions?

Dustbowl.

Oh, and maybe add a cart to it.

jonxp wrote: »

A well lit area with plenty of infected-inaccessible high ground, no obstructions, and plenty of ammo and weapons.

Also, a folding chair and a beer.

Next, aim for Burt Reynolds!

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Disneyland!

or Hogwarts....yeeeeaahh take that zombie Ron

or, the complete Duke Nukem 3D....ooooh

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmmm can L4D do water? I wonder how zombies would react to water deep enough to swim in...

Speaking of water a theme park map HAS to do the tunnel of love...

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a loose idea for a Campaign for the Mall. Each section will have saferooms and such. Most of the saferooms inside the mall will be employees only areas and will be used to transition from area to area:

1. Trip to the Mall
    STARTS at: Random City Building
    ENDS at: Mall Parking Garage

Basically getting out of a city building and heading towards the mall, via going down a street similar to No Mercy.

2. Welcome to the Mall!
    STARTS at: Parking Garage
    ENDS at: Mall Security.

Go through the basic archtecture of the mall. Won't be that difficult, one or two stories at the most.

3. Foodcourt
    STARTS at: Mall Security
    ENDS at: Park Entrance.

Go through the food court, will have lots of cover and interesting archetecture. You'll pass other stores also.

4. Walk in the Park
    STARTS at: Park Entrance
    ENDS at: Park Exit towards main Mall Hall.

You go through a outdoors-y Park area. Lots of vegetation.

5. Attention Shoppers!
    STARTS at: Main Mall Area
    ENDS at: Roof.

This will be a large 3 story area that will serve as the "finale". Probably resemble the main Mall area in Dawn of the Dead (with the giant skylight on top.) Survivors will have to go through the main Mall Area, and basically climb up the three stories and get to the Roof to get to a helicopter. This will be the most frustrating as players will have to deal with enemies coming from above AND from below.

My idea is that its setting will start at dusk, fairly bright, and as you transition through the level it'll slowly turn to night. (Specifically I want the Park section to be dark). Of course this is just alot of optimism. But I think I can get this done.

RCagent on
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Holy fuck.

I've only managed double headshots so far. That's awesome.

edit: wait a minute, those aren't headshots. The heads of the zombies behind are still intact. The rifle most definitely makes them pop.

Regardless, I'm glad that someone is having results with that rifle, the fear pre-release for me was that it would only be useful in certain levels (ones with big open spaces). But it looks like the no-scope ninjas among us have found great use for it indoors too.

Maticore on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maticore wrote: »
    Holy fuck.

edit: wait a minute, those aren't headshots. The heads of the zombies behind are still intact. The rifle most definitely makes them pop.

Regardless, I'm glad that someone is having results with that rifle, the fear pre-release for me was that it would only be useful in certain levels (ones with big open spaces). But it looks like the no-scope ninjas among us have found great use for it indoors too.

That rifle is hacks. Its the most powerful weapon in the demo and is pretty much required to take out tanks on expert.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Great for witches too.

TF2 sniper noscoping is finally paying off.

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Also: your house, your work, and every location you frequent in your town.

You can never be too prepared!

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maticore wrote: »
    Holy fuck.

That rifle is hacks. Its the most powerful weapon in the demo and is pretty much required to take out tanks on expert.

A couple auto shotguns and careful terrain exploitation has been working wonders (for me) to kill tanks on expert.

edit: however that it's great for witches cannot be denied.

Maticore on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think a forest at night is pretty damn scary. Maybe an abandoned ski area where you have to defend the top until the heli arrives?

schuss on
  • Options
    frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    RCagent wrote: »

=D!

jfx1rd.jpg
    14lk185.jpg

I'm set!

That wolf head... the one on the banner in your level.

Yep. It's the Watain wolf.

Awesome.

frank as fuck on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    so apparently i cant make a new thread :( anyone wanna get all up inz and start the next one?

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i have some issues with this game so far:

1) it's hard to find time to drink
    2) see #1

so, with that said, team zissou beer helmets must become standard issue..something like
    http://www.amazon.com/Beer-Guzzler-Helmet-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000QV9XDI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1226266565&sr=8-1

does anyone have any suggestions for wraparound headphone/microphone combos? i may attempt to attach my current headphones to this helmet but if that doesn't work i'll need some wraparounds instead...

ZOMG, I GOT IT. We must get Asiina to knit us red beanies with two pockets to hold beer koozies.
    this

we must speak to asiina about our christmas presents

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had the tank throw the dead body of one of my teammates at me tonight.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
This discussion has been closed.