As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection coming to 360/PS3 for $30 -has Shining & St of Rage

1111213141517»

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why must you guys be such bring-downers?

I can't speak for Genesis games, but not every Backbone game has a shitty netcode. All I can do is hope that GH is one of the good ones.

The Sonic 3 thing definitely reeks of bullshit. If all three games were included in one download it might be worth the price (Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3 and Knuckles), and online play would be even better (not just the races, but co-op as well, including a Knuckles and Tails or Sonic and Knuckles matchup), but as it is it's crap.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    SEGA Vintage Collection 2 (Available Summer 2009 on XBLA & PSN)
    This Summer, you will be able to individually download 7 classics from SEGA's archive!

New Features Include:

Re-worked for High-Definition
    Online Leaderboards
    Network Play (Excludes Phantasy Star II, Shinobi, Comix Zone)

Gunstar Heroes (XBLA & PSN) – The classic side scrolling shooter from the SEGA Genesis returns to captivate fans new and old with its non-stop action and cooperative play.

Altered Beast (XBLA) – "Rise from your Grave" as the original Genesis launch game is reborn and comes to a new generation of gamers. Battle hordes of undead warriors and monsters as you return to battle in order to save Zeus' daughter Athena.

Shinobi (arcade) (XBLA) – Battle your way through the "Ring of Five" as you save hostages with your ninja abilities.

Comix Zone (XBLA) – The game features an innovative art style that transports players directly into the panels of a comic as they fight their way to save a world from destruction as Sketch Turner. Everything from the speech bubble text, level design, and the revolutionary graphics scream COMIX!

Phantasy Star 2 (XBLA) – SEGA's classic RPG which expanded on the success of the first with its epic storyline and battle system.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (XBLA) – The game that introduced Knuckles the Echidna comes to a new generation of gamers as Sonic explores Angel Island and discovers the true power of the Master Emerald. Speed through each level at lightning speeds as either Sonic or Tails as you foil Dr. Eggman’s in his new Death Egg station.

And Coming late Summer 2009!

Sonic and Knuckles (XBLA) – Picking up where Sonic the Hedgehog 3 left off, players can now play as Knuckles for the first time. In addition, if players already have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 or Sonic 2 in their library, they will be able to access the lock-on bonus content for each game for the very first time since the days of the SEGA GENESIS! This allows for gamers to play Sonic 2 & 3 as Knuckles!

O-O-O-ONLINE GUNSTAR HEROES!?

GAAAAAAH wkjehfkjsehkjsdahgjkasdhdsgh

Considering how many games we got in Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection for 30 dollars, why would anyone pay more than 400 pts for the games above (and even at 400 pts would have to think VERY seriously about it).

Bamelin on
  • Options
    Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't speak for Genesis games, but not every Backbone game has a shitty netcode.
    Yeah, sometimes there's no netcode whatsoever.

Conan-san on
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quick question - since there isn't a lock on feature how much of Sonic 3 and Knuckles will I be missing? Last I remember, all the levels are still playable; everything but the final final boss is still there. Except for Knuckes in Sonic 3, which I admit is kinda shit.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quick question - since there isn't a lock on feature how much of Sonic 3 and Knuckles will I be missing? Last I remember, all the levels are still playable; everything but the final final boss is still there. Except for Knuckes in Sonic 3, which I admit is kinda shit.

Knuckles in Sonic 3, Tails in Sonic & Knuckles, the 'final' level, Hyper Sonic/Knuckles & Super Tails, 7 special stages, the super emeralds, and a save game feature in S&K and numerous slight changes to music, stages and bosses.

Oh, and Knuckles in Sonic 2.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Tails CorraTails Corra Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Knuckles in Sonic 3, Tails in Sonic & Knuckles, the 'final' level, Hyper Sonic/Knuckles & Super Tails, 7 special stages, the super emeralds, and a save game feature in S&K and numerous slight changes to music, stages and bosses.

Oh, and Knuckles in Sonic 2.

Rather silly exclusions considering these features (plus full Blue Sphere) were included in previous Sonic collections.

Then again, at least XBL would somehow recognize the extra downloads to add the content. Any idea how they'd pull this off on WiiWare? (Perhaps why we havn't seen Sonic&Knuckles on there yet)

Tails Corra on
    Wii FC: 4136 3615 8283 3576
    Brawl: 3265 4738 2973