Options

A [chat] guide to free legal music

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Amazing how fun just those two short maps are in the L4D demo.

Echo on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Apparently there is an Anonymous rally in Dublin tomorrow. I really need to find out where to get a Guy Fawkes mask... not to protest in, just to have a Guy Fawkes mask.

Tav on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Apparently there is an Anonymous rally in Dublin tomorrow. I really need to find out where to get a Guy Fawkes mask... not to protest in, just to have a Guy Fawkes mask.

I got mine online.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I hate it when you get paid but it's like you didn't because your bills eat it as soon as it reaches your banking account.

Think of the massive debt you're not in, though.

I have $20k on my student loans and $1300 on my credit card. Not massive by comparison to others, but massive enough considering I only made $206 last month.

I have a similar degree of student debt, plus I owe my parents a wad that I borrowed for moving expenses, and about £1500 of other, miscellaneous debt.

I have been gradually hording money to clear the credit card portion of it.

japan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a similar degree of student debt, plus I owe my parents a wad that I borrowed for moving expenses, and about £1500 of other, miscellaneous debt.

We are in the same boat (except that I thankfully owe my parents nothing). Shall we form a club? :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Last.fm is the best website.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a great big debt that will be snipped out of my fortnightly paycheck as extra for like the next twenty years.

I really don't care to learn how big it is to be honest. I'd rather just suddenly get a fatter paycheck.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Amazing how fun just those two short maps are in the L4D demo.

They're not very short when you're playing on Expert mode and you keep dying over and over again.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Whee time for showers, then beer and cute girls. Be good, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    So if I only anal rape you its ok because its only anal rape right? YOU'RE STEALING YOU THIEVES!

What is this pluralizing? Does Tav have multiple personality disorder?

Yeah he's tav, and Obo.

that was low, man

I have altered our arrangement. Pray I don't alter it further.

Good Star Wars reference.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

We are in the same boat (except that I thankfully owe my parents nothing). Shall we form a club? :D

I think we should.

At the rate I'm going, I should hopefully be pretty much debt free inside of twelve months. This is, however, dependent on me spending very little money on anything other than rent, bills, and food.

I've managed to be pretty disciplined about it thus far.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So no Pushing Daisies fans? Looks like your show is going to be cancelled. Which sucks.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why is it so hard to find an intelligent conservative on these forums?

Or maybe I should put it this way: I have never, ever met or seen an intelligent neocon, though there are a few intelligent traditional conservatives.

Some posts I can't even finish reading because the stupid hurts my brain. It makes me want to go read posts by Salvation, because while I rarely agree with him, he's intelligent and does a good job of presenting another side.

/rant

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to find an intelligent conservative on these forums?

Or maybe I should put it this way: I have never, ever met or seen an intelligent neocon, though there are a few intelligent traditional conservatives.

Some posts I can't even finish reading because the stupid hurts my brain. It makes me want to go read posts by Salvation, because while I rarely agree with him, he's intelligent and does a good job of presenting another side.

/rant

Oxymoron.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I think we should.

At the rate I'm going, I should hopefully be pretty much debt free inside of twelve months. This is, however, dependent on me spending very little money on anything other than rent, bills, and food.

I'm so looking forward to about 15 months or so from now when I will have all my debt paid off. I have never owned a credit card, so this all comes from a car loan and defaulted medical bills and student loans.

Once I'm debt free I'm going back to college so goddamn hard you don't even know.

I think failing at it once was necessary for me though.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What IS a conservative, an ideal conservative, not what you actually get. (In america)

I have a feeling it's the same as liberal here.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What IS a conservative, an ideal conservative, not what you actually get. (In america)

There are threads about it, and if you read ElJeffe's posts that should give you an idea of what an ideal, traditional, sane conservative is.

/end sloppy mod blowjob

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pocky is a lame food and anyone who revels in its purchase should be ashamed.

Here in AMERICA we have something called pretzels. That we cover with other fine products.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I think we should.

I'm so looking forward to about 15 months or so from now when I will have all my debt paid off. I have never owned a credit card, so this all comes from a car loan and defaulted medical bills and student loans.

Once I'm debt free I'm going back to college so goddamn hard you don't even know.

I think failing at it once was necessary for me though.

Hi5, this is basically also my plan.

There is a possibility that Cesca will be earning money by swanning around in the halls of academia by then, instead of paying for it.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

The definition of the word varies depending on geography. In America, a conservative is someone who wants a fiscally responsible government who taxes very little, spends only very little, is non-intervening in the lives of the citizens and especially business. They are advocates of a free market, private property, hard work. There is also a side to them that concerns social issues, and this stands at odds with some of the economic aspects of the ideology. They hold traditions very high, they do not want big change overnight, some conservatives hold views you would associate with the religious right, although the religious right's extreme take on the subject of social issues is not usually what conservatism is.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Here in AMERICA we have something called pretzels. That we cover with other fine products.

I've never actually had pocky but I gather the ingredients would mainly consist of hype and weeaboo.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I've never actually had pocky but I gather the ingredients would mainly consist of hype and weeaboo.

That was my impression.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I was somewhat disappointed by pocky. When I first tried it I merely knew of it, not what it was. It's basically stick shaped biscuits dipped in stuff.

EDIT: That's biscuit in the British sense, of course. They remind me of Rich Tea biscuits in texture.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

The definition of the word varies depending on geography. In America, a conservative is someone who wants a fiscally responsible government who taxes very little, spends only very little, is non-intervening in the lives of the citizens and especially business. They are advocates of a free market, private property, hard work. There is also a side to them that concerns social issues, and this stands at odds with some of the economic aspects of the ideology. They hold traditions very high, they do not want big change overnight, some conservatives hold views you would associate with the religious right, although the religious right's extreme take on the subject of social issues is not usually what conservatism is.

That sounds like two conflicting ideologies put in a crusher and someone hit the switch.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Well if you want to not look in America, read the CanPol thread. We regularly have an abundance of Canadians from all over the spectrum in terms of how they think things should be handled and their reasons behind it and typically have civil discussions.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

That sounds like two conflicting ideologies put in a crusher and someone hit the switch.

It's not always conflicting. People pick and choose. It's mainly about ordering a government to be fiscally responsible, to have as little negative impact on the lives of its citizens (low taxes, little regulation, etc), while carrying out only the most critical functions of government, national defense being one of them.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I am in a foul mood :(

Tav on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Oh don't get bummed about Thanksgiving coming up.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Well if you want to not look in America, read the CanPol thread. We regularly have an abundance of Canadians from all over the spectrum in terms of how they think things should be handled and their reasons behind it and typically have civil discussions.

I have relatives in Canada.

I might, at some point, end up there, it's a bigger population than here and it's pretty similar to Australia.

With more games.

But yeah that's like, soooooo far into the future, if I ever do.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I'm working Thanksgiving, but will hopefully have off Christmas.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Why would I? Thanksgiving is practically nonexistant outside the US.

Tav on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, the geysers of gygax. Oh futurama. You so funny.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Why would I? Thanksgiving is practically nonexistant outside the US.

Bawkaa!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I too am in a poor mood

Elendil on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man Thanksgiving is coming so excited.

Sami on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    I too am in a poor mood

Come to ATL in a couple months. We'll cheer you up.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I too am in a poor mood

Come to ATL in a couple months. We'll cheer you up.

:winky:

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I too am in a poor mood

Well mine's poorer. :x

Tav on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I too am in a poor mood

I don't have any money either *straight face*

*bdmp-tsh*

Morninglord on
This discussion has been closed.