As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I put on my robe and wizard [CHAT]

• Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I forgot my birthday once too, alyce stole my best story!

Also i haven't done anything for my birthday for years, apart from going out for a meal with parents this year. That was nice. Awesome thai restaurant on the bank of the thames all paid for, yes please!

I share my birthday with my sister (she's 3 years younger, but same birthday!) and she's always been into the party thing. I just never get organised enough. I can barely organise going out on a weekend, let alone a proper birthday get-together!

Lly on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    My brother is just as boring as I am when it comes to parties. In fact, his birthday is next week and he hasn't said anything about any parties. I'll be coming over to visit for the weekend, handing him his present (which he probably already knows what it is, since he gave me a list and I bought some stuff off said list) and then probably hanging around with him and my parents.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    My problem with hosting parties is that I've always been friends with a wide variety of people who would definately not mesh if all placed in the same room together...so my parties always ended up being smaller than I would have liked.

Then again, I've come to enjoy HUGE parties (I can't host them, so I go to them), because I just enjoy being in crowds and being with that many people. W00t social nature!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I like small parties. I have a few really really close friends, so I just end up having them over for a good time.

Not big on crazy over the top parties(I like going to them, but I don't like it when they're for me). That's probably why, when I turned 16, I didn't have a "proper" bash.

Okay, and what the hell. Why is 16 such a huge deal? Why does it require a huge useless bash? There's no milestone (besides driving, which...really isn't that big of a deal) like 18 or even 21. [/end rant]

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    srsly.

My 16th birthday party was nothing special. Actually, I don't remember if I even did anything with any of my friends at all. HA.

My 18th was a little better. I think one of my "really really close friends" kind of "hosted" a party for me with my other "really really close friends", and like the 4 or 5 of us just chilled at her house and ate cake. :)

I am TOTALLY planning to have a big celebration for my 21st, though...which will be in...*GASP*

14.5 months! :o

NightDragon on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Not sure about the 16 thing.

When I turned 16 my folks just grabbed me and a handful of close friends and headed out to an amazing chinese food place.

Woo.

As for style of parties? I dunno. I like small gathers just hanging out with friends having a ball, but in college I used to host senior class happy hours at 200+ people. Those were always so much fun.

I think it really all depends on the group and the mood.

Anyone else not a huge fan of cake? There are some that I like but mostly I eat the cake and leave the frosting and that just feels like I'm hollowing out the soul of the cake.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I wouldn't know, 16 certainly is nothing special over here. Unless you count being allowed to drink beer as a milestone (I guess some people would). But no birthday has ever felt like a real big deal to me, so I get to be a year older...woot?

This year was the first time celebrating my birthday not at my parents place, it consisted of getting a few cards from some relatives and my parents/brother showing up for coffee/cake. The parent my parents gave me (bought much earlier than my birthday, I was there and helped pick it out) is still sitting at my parents place in the paper because I have no room for it here :P

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DrZiplock wrote:
    Anyone else not a huge fan of cake? There are some that I like but mostly I eat the cake and leave the frosting and that just feels like I'm hollowing out the soul of the cake.

Yes.

Although, I think that's more due (to me) to the sugary-ness of the cakes that are typically made for birthdays.

I personally prefer icecream cakes, or just made-from-a-box cakes with minimal frosting.

I make this wicked lemon poppyseed cake with a homemade lemon glaze. So good.

Either that or a chocolate cake with a raspberry-jam "layer". MMMMMMMMM freakin' goooooood like woooooooah.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I always forget everyone's birthday. People always say 'But, I remember your birthday'

:x OF COURSE YOU DO! IT'S ON VALENTINES DAY!!! :x

Edit:

I just got this in the mail.

Glee!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    What kind of cakes do you guys get on birthdays? I dunno what a typical birthday cake is.

I love cakes and pies but they're not supersweet sugar fests or anything. For my fiance's birthday I made an apple pie (and, stroking my own ego, I make a good apple pie) for my own I did a strawberry one. I don't like cakes with lots of whipped cream though, whipped cream isn't one of my favorite things.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I spent my last birthday in Disney World.

But that's because I live there now.

I also spent two other birthdays in Disney World with two of my best friends (separate years).

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You live in disney world?!

Damn you! I wanna live in disneyworld!

Lly on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Lly wrote:

Technically, I live in Haines City, FL.

But I practically live in Disney World.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    One thing i do envy of you americans is the theme parks. The best we have is Alton Towers. It's great and all, but the rollercoasters you guys have? ..... OMFGCRAPMYPANTSWITEXCITEMENT!

Lly on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    I don't like amusement parks too much. They're cool and all but I think a lot of the attraction just doesn't work for me.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I fucking love them, or at least the ones in england. Never been to a US one. If i could live in alton towers I would.

Lly on
  • Options
    supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Lly wrote:

Technically, I live in Haines City, FL.

But I practically live in Disney World.

I live in Tampa and work in Sanford, FL. I eat lunch at Disney at least once a week.

superglue on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Disney World is a theme park, not an amusement park, thxuvrymuch.

Once a week? 'S'nothin'.

Wanna hang out when I'm down for winter break? :lol:

Sheri on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    I don't like amusement parks too much. They're cool and all but I think a lot of the attraction just doesn't work for me.

Clearly you haven't vomited enough on 200 foot rollercoasters.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sheri wrote:

Once a week? 'S'nothin'.

Name a city north of Savannah and that's where I'm gonna be for winter break. :roll: That and I got called down to Miami for Jury-Freakin'-Duty.

superglue on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Seems that I've received a letter in the mail today from my bank. My credit card limit has been increased by $1000. I wonder how much credit I need before they give me a gold card.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    grifter81 wrote:

I'm with Grif. Theme parks were fun when I was a kid. I don't really enjoy being thrown around 100 ft in the air as much as I enjoy going to a stationary museum.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    grifter81 wrote:

I'm with Grif. Theme parks were fun when I was a kid. I don't really enjoy being thrown around 100 ft in the air as much as I enjoy going to a stationary museum.

Or sending off for ants to put in your ant farm!

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    grifter81 wrote:

I'm just over all of the glitz and gleam of the veneer that covers amusement parks. They can be amusing but I can think of much better ways to spend my time and money.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    Scosglen wrote:
    grifter81 wrote:

I'm just over all of the glitz and gleam of the veneer that covers amusement parks. They can be amusing but I can think of much better ways to spend my time and money.

Two words:

Ant

Farm

8)

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    superglue wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Once a week? 'S'nothin'.

Name a city north of Savannah and that's where I'm gonna be for winter break. :roll: That and I got called down to Miami for Jury-Freakin'-Duty.

</3

Sheri on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Two words:

Ant

Farm

8)

I decided that I couldn't wait for the mail-order ants, so I went and hunted some down.

You'd think they'd, you know, make the air holes smaller than ants. I had to tape them over and make even smaller holes with a needle. I hope they don't suffocate. While they don't have lungs, they do breathe through small holes in their body. Much like Courtney Love.

Currently they're trying to push the lid of the farm open by cramming themselves up into primo "get squished if the lid moves at all" space. Hopefully soon they'll figure out that I've robbed them of their freedom and they'll start building tunnels in the nutrient gel to honor my magnificence as their new queen.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I always forget everyone's birthday. People always say 'But, I remember your birthday'

:x OF COURSE YOU DO! IT'S ON VALENTINES DAY!!! :x

Oh yeeeeeeeah!!

Okay, everybody. You all have to remember Toast and my birthdays....his is on VALENTINES DAY, and mine is on the DAY BEFORE.

Recall this!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    *mental note*

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    TOOOOOASSSTER!

You owe me a reply, which I believe is ALREADY DONE? D:

>D

Don't make me bust out photoshop on your ass and do demeaning things to your photo.

That is, if I had a photo of you...

...quick someone find me a photo of toaster! > : D

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    *hides*

Crap! I'm sorry... I've been soooo busy at work and with the Uni! Last Battle Tournament I drew all my fights during the Night Shift at the bank, but alas, I don't work there anymore.

If it makes you feel better, I really, really really like my (not so) new job! I know it makes me feel better.

I'll make it up to you!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ViolenceManViolenceMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I should post something soon...

ViolenceMan on
    wheres.gif
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Don't worry about it toaster, I'm just being melodramatic :)

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    My birthday is Feb 22. I share it with Steve Irwin, George Washington, but coolest of all, Edward Gorey.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh yeah? Oh yeah???

I was born on a Friday the 13th with a full moon, 5 minutes away from the real Sleepy Hollow.

Nyah. *sticks out tongue*

February birthdays FTW.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    I share a birthday with the Roman emperor Tiberius and Shigeru Miyamoto, apparently.

...so what does that make us?

\|
    darkhelmet.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah? I was born 4 months before the Chernobyl accident about 100 miles away from it and I lived in that radioactive vicinity for 10 years until my family's bones started deteriorating and my hair started falling out. How sweet is that shit?

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    There isn't a big enough D: for that.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I was gonna counter bacon by saying I share a birthday with Adolf Hitler (and consequently the Columbine anniversary), the anniversary of the waco shootout, national WEED SMOKING DAY, and also sometimes Easter.

But Bog sort of crushed my hopes there.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My birthday is on national AIDS day....

and I share it with Woody Allen...(Didn't he, I don't know...marry his adopted child?)

So this goes to say that my birthday is least cool.

(Jen, you officially have the coolest birthday evar)

AlyceInWonderland on
This discussion has been closed.