As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy - 'Coz we can't stick to Dissidia.

• Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm praying for at least one tactics secret character. They could with literally anyone and it'd be fuckawesome.

Orlandu...Olan...Delita...Wiegraf...Mustadio...Worker 8.

Ah there's a fun match up. Worker 8 vs. Robo.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wasn't this a shitty fighter called Eihrgeiz or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. So this is a roaming action game? Sweet.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Faffel wrote: »

never mention that name again. say it thrice and you summon bahamut who will come down and eat your family, and then deny you dissidia for a thousand years of torment.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    edited November 2008
    So it's like Hastur?

Hasturgeiz hasturgeiz hasturgeiz.

Seriously though. That game was lol, and every time I mention Einhander people go "WASN'T THAT THAT GAY FIGHTING GAME?"

Errgghhhh.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So it's like Hastur?

Seriously though. That game was lol, and every time I mention Einhander people go "WASN'T THAT THAT GAY FIGHTING GAME?"

Errgghhhh.

Actually Einhander was an exceptionally good shooter Square produced. Engheriz (insert spasm/seizure), was a crime against humanity.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

EDIT: Nevermind. So this is a roaming action game? Sweet.

Ehregeiz was Square's attempt to ride on the success of games like Tekken and DOA in the PS1 era. It just featured Cloud, Seph, Zack, Tifa and Yuffie as a way of also riding on the success of FF7 to boost sales. It was merely ok, I don't think it was as downright bad as some people say, but nothing on the other fighting games out in the same period.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So it's like Hastur?

Errgghhhh.

Actually Einhander was an exceptionally good shooter Square produced. Engheriz (insert spasm/seizure), was a crime against humanity.

Yes I know. That's why I put it there.

Ehrgeiz probably prevented Einhander 2.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DoctorGateuxDoctorGateux Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

But you could play as Vincent.

In a suit.
    ...A SUIT.

DoctorGateux on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, this is bought for me. The videos and the possibilities (I'm going to WRECK Tidus with EVERYONE) sold me on it.

I really do like how the limit things are straight from the classic games. That's a nice touch that I wouldn't have expected from Squeenix.

It's almost like they're trying to make a good game.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I will be a master Cloud player and I will kick the everloving shit out of Squall at every opportunity.

Finally, a game where I can fucking rip that idiot to shreds without resorting to putting an FF8 disc in my console(s).

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This would be epic if it had online versus mode.

And I'm going with Terra, day 1.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I thought it had something along the lones of an online VS. mode.

...could be wrong about that though

EDIT: Sounds rather confusing: http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/11/19/dissidias-communication-mode-detailed

DoctorGateux on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Reznik wrote: »
    I will be a master Cloud player and I will kick the everloving shit out of Squall at every opportunity.

Finally, a game where I can fucking rip that idiot to shreds without resorting to putting an FF8 disc in my console(s).

Squall would beat up Cloud.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, I dug through game trailers, and watch every single fight they had.

I don't care what anyone says, this game is amazing, no matter how it plays.

Motherfucking Onion Knight's EX mode is Every single class in FFIII, randomly chosen.

The limit break has the Old school menu for god's sake.

Oh god I'm importing this day one.

I think Onion Knight's is only Ninja and Sage, but it's still made of awesome either way.

Weren't those the only viable endgame classes in the NES version, though?

Also, if they play like they do in their respective games, I'm most interested in Tidus.

Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit Quick Hit

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Squall would be too busy moping in his room, thinking for 17 paragraphs while saying 'whatever' and '....' to anyone who came by.

Reznik on
    Forget it...
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Squall would be too busy moping in his room, thinking for 17 paragraphs while saying 'whatever' and '....' to anyone who came by.

Please, no more of this. Besides, I can't stand any more FFVII references, beyond the occasional, refreshing alternate look at it.

Breaking news: Sephiroth (or however you fucking spell it) is really nothing more than a modern Darth Vader. Yeah, I get it. Let's stop masturbating to it.

Okay, done ranting. Needed to get some of that off my chest. Besides, I'm a major FFVI fan, and just started playing it again after seeing this announced. I'm going to enjoy beating the living crap out of Sephy and Cloud. NERD RAGE.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dubh wrote: »

Breaking news: Sephiroth (or however you fucking spell it) is really nothing more than a modern Darth Vader. Yeah, I get it. Let's stop masturbating to it.

Pretty much every FF character is another character that's been done before, just with more outlandish hair and belts (and/or zippers, buckles, and weird cape or skirt or pantleg things that don't even make any sense at all).

Reznik on
    Forget it...
  • Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I liked Ergheiz a lot...

I didn't even usually play as a final fantasy character, I'd use the chinese guy the the polearm thing

Etch on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Pretty much every FF character is another character that's been done before, just with more outlandish hair and belts (and/or zippers, buckles, and weird cape or skirt or pantleg things that don't even make any sense at all).

I like nonsensical clothes tyvm.

The most extreme example being lulu, where a lot of the belt comments come from methinks.

DoctorGateux on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to be the one pro Kuja player in the universe.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm actually pretty amped to use the Warrior of Light from FF1. Decimating Cloud and Sephy with a god of the old school would just rock.

Also, Kefka will be my go to man at all times. His hellish cackle will be the death knell to all who challenge me.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    edited November 2008

Please, no more of this. Besides, I can't stand any more FFVII references, beyond the occasional, refreshing alternate look at it.

Okay, done ranting. Needed to get some of that off my chest. Besides, I'm a major FFVI fan, and just started playing it again after seeing this announced. I'm going to enjoy beating the living crap out of Sephy and Cloud. NERD RAGE.

Sephiroth isn't anything at all like Darth Vader. Well, other than being evil...

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Special unlockable: the Cid battalion, all of them, uh, doing something.

Come on, you know you'd love it.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Anyways, as a huge fan of all the games 4-10, I'll obviously have to give this a try. Well, I didn't really care for 9, but its ok.

Could use more Sabin, Locke, or Edgar, though. Or Celes, if they wanted a female character.Terra is meh.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If we buy it, they might make more.

Just keep saying it to yourself. Because, c'mon. It's Squeenix. And the selling point of more is, obviously, More characters.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'd kill for a team-based FF fighter.

Imagine cast-vs-cast battles, tagging in people for limit break chains...

Reznik on
    Forget it...
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Etch wrote: »
    I liked Ergheiz a lot...

I didn't even usually play as a final fantasy character, I'd use the chinese guy the the polearm thing
    People underestimate Ergheiz because the real draw to the game was the holy shit indepth roguelike dungeon explorer "mini" game.

I say "mini" because it was more indepth, had more content, and work done to it then the fighting part.

Honestly I think Square made this roguelike game then someone said that they would never be able to sell it and to toss in a final fantasy fighter or something.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Sephiroth isn't anything at all like Darth Vader. Well, other than being evil...

It's the whole image. Dark. Evil. Badass. Liked because of it.
    Big story differences, of course.

Edit: Probably a bit too generic. It's just the awe that follows that particular image that annoys me. I'd probably appreciate it more if I didn't have everyone and their mum telling me how awesome Sephiroth is.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/11957

Anyone else see this before? Amusing flash piece crossing over all the FF worlds up to 6.

KupotheAvenger on

• Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I liked Ergheiz a lot...

People underestimate Ergheiz because the real draw to the game was the holy shit indepth roguelike dungeon explorer "mini" game.

I say "mini" because it was more indepth, had more content, and work done to it then the fighting part.

Honestly I think Square made this roguelike game then someone said that they would never be able to sell it and to toss in a final fantasy fighter or something.

Yeah, that was pretty much it.

Also, I remember Square having released concept art of some game set in a victorian setting, just before the merger.

It was a glorious painting, of this burning concert hall, a man barely standing, blood dripping from what could only multiple gunshot wounds, staining his smoking jacket a wetter shade of blood, holding a revolver and firing it, while, a lady in a green dress fled behind the curtain.

She was looking back.

The perspective was from the side.

It brought tears to my eyes.

The fact that we have not gotten that game yet is horrible.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Squall is looking disappointingly generic girly and skinny asian hero in this.
    He does some badass shit, but he looks (more) ridiculous.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I liked Ergheiz a lot...

Yeah, that was pretty much it.

Also, I remember Square having released concept art of some game set in a victorian setting, just before the merger.

It was a glorious painting, of this burning concert hall, a man barely standing, blood dripping from what could only multiple gunshot wounds, staining his smoking jacket a wetter shade of blood, holding a revolver and firing it, while, a lady in a green dress fled behind the curtain.

She was looking back.

The perspective was from the side.

It brought tears to my eyes.

The fact that we have not gotten that game yet is horrible.
    That sure as fuck sounds just like the dungeon mode.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    zanmatto wrote: »
    I'm going to be the one pro Kuja player in the universe.

I was kinda looking forward to playing as Kuja, his fighting style is so flashy.

His cringe factor is aaaaaaaaall down to the voice actor...

DoctorGateux on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I look foward to Terra melting faces in super-Esper mode.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just have to mention that Tobal, Tobal 2, and Ergheiz were wonderful games.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Snip

Wait, that was Enix, not Square, doh.

But yeah, they have a history of taking good things ever since the merger and doing nothing with them, or ruining them on purpose(Grandia 3).

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Snip

Wait, that was Enix, not Square, doh.

But yeah, they have a history of taking good things ever since the merger and doing nothing with them, or ruining them on purpose(Grandia 3).

Why must you hurt us by mentioning that game?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh my god

bought'd on fucking fanboyism alone

Senshi on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/11957

Anyone else see this before? Amusing flash piece crossing over all the FF worlds up to 6.

Yeah, I've been a fan of FFF for a while.

Gaiden is the best(all the ninjas from every FF in an epic duel).

fff.jpg

Too bad it starts getting silly after that.

It also involves VII and FFT at times.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Just have to mention that Tobal, Tobal 2, and Ergheiz were wonderful games.

Still got Tobal No. 1, never found Tobal 2, and WHY THE FUCK DID I SELL EHRGEIZ TO A FRIEND?! D:

...So now I'm left hoping that Ehrgeiz turns up on the Playstation Store over here... I'm guessing the chances of that would be best described as "snowball's chance in Hell." :|

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)