As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Switzerland: Heroin is good, Cannabis is bad.

PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion.Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Social Entropy++
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7757050.stm
Swiss voters have backed a change in health policy that would provide prescription heroin to addicts.
Final results from the national referendum showed 68% of voters supported the plan.
But in another referendum, the Swiss appear to have rejected the decriminalisation of cannabis.

jkZziGc.png
Pharezon on

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well there you go.

PutinPutinPutin ....

Muse Among Men on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Prescription Heroin.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Women_of_Marvel_in_Color_by_ComfortLove.jpg

Brolo on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh. Heroin.

Brolo on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It makes sense, given that excessive heroin use can damage your body's ability to produce endorphins naturally. The stuff is probably necessary for the people who are getting prescriptions for it.

Hacksaw on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Make prescription heroin but vote to not decriminalize cannabis.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rolo wrote: »
    Oh. Heroin.

I lol'd

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This thread is pretty stupid. I mean, if a heroin addict gets off the smack cold turkey, he will die, and programs that use other chemicals tend to just sidegrade addicts into equally destructive types of addiction. Prescription heroin for junkies isn't a bad idea at all.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    This thread is pretty stupid. I mean, if a heroin addict gets off the smack cold turkey, he will die, and programs that use other chemicals tend to just sidegrade addicts into equally destructive types of addiction. Prescription heroin for junkies isn't a bad idea at all.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LOVE DEM DRUUUUGS

Randall_Flagg on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited November 2008
    Not true. The risk of death from going cold turkey on heroin is very, very low.

bongi on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It also really has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they legalize cannabis. The two subjects have basically no relation to each other.

Cilla Black on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So you're saying "Whoops, he's hooked, lets just give him dope for life now" instead of trying to treat or help him get off of it?

That's pretty retarded.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    but...heroin allows certain people in our population to paint the future

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    duuuude woah legalize it etc

lets all forget the fact that cannabis is tied to a great deal of cases of psychosis, and medical journals everywhere are saying 'woah woah, we should hold up on this one.'. journals like the lancet

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • PaPaPaPa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »

lets all forget the fact that cannabis is tied to a great deal of cases of psychosis, and medical journals everywhere are saying 'woah woah, we should hold up on this one.'. journals like the lancet
    Decriminalisation is not the same thing as legalisation.

PaPa on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I generally have no problems with pot, except when people are absolutely uncontrollable when using it. My roommate is a good case of this. He is 6'10" (seriously) and becomes the biggest fucking asshole when he's high... which he was high for the past 5 days consecutively, I might add.

So I've just taken to kicking him out of the upstairs rooms whenever he gets obnoxious.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PaPa wrote: »

i know, i was just using a generic stoner expression to start my comment. it was a sarcastic attack on the drug, see

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This has confused me in the past, anyone care to shed some light, pretty please?

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2008
    It also really has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they legalize cannabis. The two subjects have basically no relation to each other.

Well the Swiss were voting on the two so I thought they were a little related.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    haha woah lets all blow this out of proportion okay?

It's not like prescription still means that it's Illegal to possess and sell, and it's not like they aren't going to heavily monitor it's use.

And they most definitely wouldn't make obtaining a prescription for heroin have certain requirements like attending rehab.

No, they just made prescription heroin because all junkies are going to want to go see a doctor, admit they have a problem, and then pay more than street price for this stuff.

right?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This has confused me in the past, anyone care to shed some light, pretty please?
    legalization makes it legal to own and sell

decriminalization makes it a non-jailable offense

ie you'll get a ticket and possibly get your weed confiscated as opposed to spending the night in jail

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • PaPaPaPa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

If something is decriminalised it means that you don't face the criminal justice system - you don't get arrested, brought to trial or receive a criminal record.

But it's still against the law - companies can't start selling it in shops and shit.

PaPa on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    muse if something is decriminalised that means you don't feel like a badass when you do it

Meissnerd on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    muse if something is decriminalised that means you don't feel like a badass when you do it

I hope they don't decriminalise my saturday morning naked air guitar sessions

Bendery It Like Beckham on
    edited November 2008
    Thanks guys, I think I learned something.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2008
    neville wrote: »

So you're saying "Whoops, he's hooked, lets just give him dope for life now" instead of trying to treat or help him get off of it?

That's pretty retarded.

Neville this is not what I'm saying at all.

Are you even slightly familiar with the process people go through to kick a heroin addiction.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited November 2008

That's pretty retarded.

Are you even slightly familiar with the process people go through to kick a heroin addiction.
    Well you evidently aren't, since you erroneously stated that people who go cold turkey on heroin die.

bongi on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

pole?

smokin' pole?

Meissnerd on
    edited November 2008

Yeah, man, you don't want to get the reefer madness. God knows what could happen.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?
    you only feel badass about smoking when you're a teenager and it's illegal

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

pole?

smokin' pole?

smokin' underrage pole

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    bongi wrote: »

That's pretty retarded.

Well you evidently aren't, since you erroneously stated that people who go cold turkey on heroin die.

I am saying that people tend to go to clinics and are given equally addictive synthetic opioids and that the idea of giving addicts heroin is not far-fetched at all and is more or less in line with the accepted methodology for getting people to kick that shit.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

everytime I light up I feel like I could kick John Mcclane's head off

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »

Well the Swiss were voting on the two so I thought they were a little related.
    Well the way you put it makes it seem like you think it is dumb for them to be doing this with prescription heroin while at the same time not decriminalizing cannabis. If that's not your opinion, then I apologize.

Cilla Black on
    edited November 2008

That's pretty retarded.

The movie Ray taught me all I needed to know.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

It's true

The moment I turned eighteen it just started being the cause of my horrible cough and cranky demeanor

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited November 2008

but what about smoking?

everytime I light up I feel like I could kick John Mcclane's head off
    pass that shit

Mr. Henry Bemis on