Options

Team Fortress 2 - DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm messaging everyone on my friends list who i suspect is 'furiously clicking auto join right now'

iowa on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PMAvers wrote: »
    If only we had another server that was online right now, that people who were in the queue could go into instead...

If only we had such a server that doesn't run custom maps that would need to be downloaded before you can play.

Peewi on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Honc isn't showing up on my server list for some reason.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    See! It's the update's fault. I didn't break the server after all!

Asiina on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    If only we had another server that was online right now, that people who were in the queue could go into instead...

If only we had such a server that doesn't run custom maps that would need to be downloaded before you can play.

If only some people didn't smell like spoiled fruit.
    Honc isn't showing up on my server list for some reason.

Odd, it is for me. Try now?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    buddha1227buddha1227 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Glad to see everybody playing TF2 still. Since my hard drive is free now, I'm coming back!

edit- Also what is that Config for low end systems? The config that removes all the good looking visual in exchange for performance and fps. Thanks

buddha1227 on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Heh, demomen are still fucking retarded.

"Woop, I spam stickies and you cant do shit about it."

Yes, let me waste a bullet on killing his stickies that sure helps lol. Oh wait, that's fucking moronic.

The other class buffs are pretty neat though. A level 3 tele can REALLY help an offensive team. As does a level 3 dispenser, it's like having your own private medic who isnt retarded and stays with you. The spy stuff is also neat, taking metal from engineers is the best thing ever :3.

What on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    No, Bullet weapons will destroy stickies now

FUCK YOU VALVE

But is that really true? Damn. That's a really useful ability to have. Fuck. I can't get rid of my flare gun...but I hate demomen...

flare gun is the worst weapon in the game.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    buddha1227buddha1227 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What wrote: »

Yes, let me waste a bullet on killing his stickies that sure helps lol. Oh wait, that's fucking moronic.

The other class buffs are pretty neat though. A level 3 tele can REALLY help an offensive team. As does a level 3 dispenser, it's like having your own private medic who isnt retarded and stays with you. The spy stuff is also neat, taking metal from engineers is the best thing ever :3.

I think a great game for Engineers would be shooting stickies out of the air.

buddha1227 on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sticky Changes?
    <.<
    O.O
    <.<
    O.O
    D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thoughts on the changes:

Demoman:
    Doesn't make a whole lot of difference for good demos, but this way you need to keep watch on your stickies. Also, it makes it easier for engies to clear stickies being launched from far away, but again, not a big change.

Engineers:
    I like this change a lot. Offensive engies are much more useful, and one fully upgraded teleporter can basically get your entire team to the front lines. Upgraded dispensers are also really useful, but now you need to prioritize which structure to upgrade. Makes playing engy a lot less monotonous.

Medics:
    The HUD change is great, it makes it a lot easier to prioritize targets. The new swirly overheal cloud only really affects spies, and now you really need to be careful when healing them.

Spies:
    The ability to pick up ammo for cloak is a godsend. Being able to cloak by picking up your dead victim's gun is amazing.

Gold Rush:
    A good change. The new changes makes it harder for defense to flank the offense, and gives the offense another powerful staging area.

That is all.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What wrote: »

There are multiple ways to get rid of stickies now. Just because the demoman can actually kill you doesn't mean he's overpowered.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Tuftoo,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left you a month ago. I was just so... distraught. The apocalypse! It sounded so promising! A chance for me to play the hero! A chance for me to bond with just three other players, and not have to worry about keeping track of 11 other players, not to mention the enemy.

But I came back to you. I gave you a second chance. And I'm sorry I ever left you. Yes, playing the hero is intense, and fun, but there are times where I missed you. I missed your style, serious, but always making me laugh. Competitive, but in a sarcastic way. I'll always find a home for you, but I'll still need to do what every gamer does from time to time, and you've just got to give me space to do that, to kill zombies.

What I'm trying to say is, I'll be back for you. Always,

<3,
    Icemopper

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

FUCK YOU VALVE

But is that really true? Damn. That's a really useful ability to have. Fuck. I can't get rid of my flare gun...but I hate demomen...

You mean the best weapon in the game.

I just destroyed a level three sentry with my flare gun! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Which one of you is humble?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've definitely been playing too much L4D. I just tried to melee three different pyros that were running at me.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Narian wrote: »
    Which one of you is humble?

Me. Im the best.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Basil wrote: »
    I still don't consider stickies to be too powerful. I must have some sort of fetish for pain, I just can't hate them.

There's nothing wrong with them and now every class has a way to move or destroy them so everyone can shut the hell up.

medics dont have a way to move or destroy them...

Fuck yes we do. Needles destroy stickies too.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    TokledTokled Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    An unfortunate consequence of this update is waaay to many people going engineer... just had a 5 engi team in dustbowl... on offense...

Tokled on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And you won? Or was everyone marveling at these awesome level 3 dispensers?

DualEdge on
  • Options
    TokledTokled Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We lost by a considerable margin.

It was funny because the engineers were trying to appear useful, so they were building shiny new level 3 teleporters.

Only problem was we weren't actually getting anywhere so the teleporters pretty much went 10 feet to the spawn exit.

Tokled on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Destructable stickies definitely affect good demomen when they keep you from stickying up a sentry at long range.

Sentry-tanking (and engineers in general) are a lot stronger now. Previously, most sentry tanks could be destroyed with Soldier by shooting the wall or floor near the engie to kill him with splash. Now that he's getting ultra-fast healing from a level 3 Dispenser, it's much more of a crapshoot. Combined with the sticky nerf (which only seems to matter when you're stickying buildings) and the insane teleporter buff, engineers are much stronger now than they were.

Offensive engineering with teleporters just got a lot more fun. Build your entrance to level 3, then drop your exit somewhere near the enemy spawn and have fun as demomen pour out every three seconds to spawncamp the enemy into oblivion.

This could easily have been the Engineer update, minus the achievements and maps. It's more of a buff than any of the class updates so far. I can't imagine what they're going to do to Scout now that we'll see even more sentries vs. ubers in every single game.

Edit: I did shoot an incoming sticky out of the air as sniper, though. That was pretty cool.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Scouts will probably get a weapon upgrade that fucks up buildings like whoa.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FUCKING YES CLOAK RECHARGE

I have wanted that since day fucking one. Can't wait to get on later and play, the engie updates seem pretty nifty, too. Medic stuff seems good, knowing when you got critkilled is gonna be nice, and the achievement tracker is just want I wanted.

But guys, seriously?

CLOAK RECHARGE AHAHAHAHAHA NOW I'LL BE UNSTOPPABLE ON PUBS

Senshi on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cloak recharge is a BIG DEAL. Can't wait to try this out tomorrow.

TheBog on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm so playing tonight (EU time), gonna rape face.

Senshi on
  • Options
    algorythymalgorythym Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hi there, I'm the official TF2/PA Super-lurker. Just kidding, actually I just really e-lazy and despite playing a lot of TF2 and reading a lot of TF2 threads, I never bothered to ask for invites to the groups so I could play with you. But now I have conquered my e-laziness and ask humbly to join both of the sacred PA brotherhoods of TF2.

Please.

:arrow:

/steam account is steve_0990

EDIT:
    Senshi wrote: »

I just want to say that I just met you in game, and I find your math puns delectible. Perfect Computations and Beauty for all!

algorythym on
    algorythym.gif
    Someone let me algorhythm (steve_0990) into the PA Steam group
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spies actually get screwed in this update, thanks to the overheal glow they added. If a medic on your team heals you, the glow will give you away even if you disguise or cloak. Not sure if they'll fix it.

Even Scouts take teleporters now. With 3-second recharge, there's no reason not too.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    algorythym wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm the official TF2/PA Super-lurker. Just kidding, actually I just really e-lazy and despite playing a lot of TF2 and reading a lot of TF2 threads, I never bothered to ask for invites to the groups so I could play with you. But now I have conquered my e-laziness and ask humbly to join both of the sacred PA brotherhoods of TF2.

Please.

:arrow:

/steam account is steve_0990

EDIT:
    Senshi wrote: »

I just want to say that I just met you in game, and I find your math puns delectible. Perfect Computations and Beauty for all!

The PA steam group doesn't really do anything. Just add the servers in the first post into your favorites list, and hop on when people are playing. There are people on right now, as a matter of fact.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I felt a bit mean when I just sat and vaped the stickies a demoman was lobbing at the windowsill in front of me while I shot him.

VRRRRRRR-punt-RRR-punt-RRR-punt-RRRRR-argleded-RRRRR!

Poor sod.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Eric_ResEric_Res Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cloak recharge is better than sliced bread.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So apparently the rechargeable cloak turned Zek into some kind of Predator killing machine. He managed to run around our spawn outside of Dustbowl 3-2 for a good few minutes.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So apparently the rechargeable cloak turned Zek into some kind of Predator killing machine. He managed to run around our spawn outside of Dustbowl 3-2 for a good few minutes.

When I finally gunned him down in that dark alley I felt like I had done the world a lot of good.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Eric_Res wrote: »

When I finally gunned him down in that dark alley, I had done the world a lot of good.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ugh. That isn't really all that bad, but it's compounded and made ridiculously frustrating with the melee hitbox bugginess. When a wrench on a spy is a one hit kill just about guaranteed, having that one hit on him while he's cloaking not register is insanely frustrating. I don't have too much trouble finding him since I just kill him once and then come back when he would be there assuming he just ran straight. Worked the one time I tried it this round.

Unfortunately, the spy cloak buff and teleporter build levels buff means that we're going to see a LOT more spies running back to red base to sap the teles, regardless of how far that is.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    AirExplosiveAirExplosive Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TF2, I know we've grown apart in the last few months, what with school and the post apocalyptic ruins of Washington DC and all. But I'll be damned if you don't know how to win back my heart.

Signing on now, also blue dot.
    Erm, wasn't jons 3/4ths full just a few moments ago?

AirExplosive on

dil.gif
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

FUCK YOU VALVE

you must have alot of patience and the engie must have been dead..

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

FUCK YOU VALVE

you must have alot of patience and the engie must have been dead..

Honestly, a roofie must have been involved somehow.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I hope that this update has gotten people interested in playing regularly again. We had Jon's full at 2 a.m EST, let us hope it stays this way.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    Mr.ZsaszMr.Zsasz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Squidget0 wrote: »
    Destructable stickies definitely affect good demomen when they keep you from stickying up a sentry at long range.

Sentry-tanking (and engineers in general) are a lot stronger now. Previously, most sentry tanks could be destroyed with Soldier by shooting the wall or floor near the engie to kill him with splash. Now that he's getting ultra-fast healing from a level 3 Dispenser, it's much more of a crapshoot. Combined with the sticky nerf (which only seems to matter when you're stickying buildings) and the insane teleporter buff, engineers are much stronger now than they were.

Incorrect.

If you are that far away from a sentry, you should be using grenades to destroy it. Easiest thing in the world to do. Three grenades. Two if anyone else on your team fires one shot at the sentry. Engies can't repair fast enough.

This really is only a nerf to bad demomen. I use grenades constantly and I didn't notice a bit of difference after playing for 2 hours tonight.

Mr.Zsasz on
    Returning some video tapes.
    tf2_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.