As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who ya gonna call (to make a new thread about Ghostbusters)?

CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Social Entropy++
I searched the forum thinking for certain there had to already be a topic about this, but upon finding none I came to the conclusion that, not unlike 9/11, even if no one openly talks about Ghostbusters it is always on everyone's mind.

Ghostbusters-Poster-C10281195jpeg.jpg

Ghostbusters is a movie about busting ghosts which came out in that weird period between 1984 and 1985 when the planets and stars aligned, granting it infinite strength to survive into the future and eons to come, despite being really terribly fucking 80's style. A blessing which would later be passed on to Back to the Future.

It stars
murray.jpg
as himself.

And also
aykroydtempleofdoom1.jpg

(But not Harrison Ford, as it is said it would have pushed the movie far beyond it's mortal coil, making it unwatchable to mortal eyes. Also Harrison Ford was not available at the time, as he claimed to have had "a thing.")

Along with
ramisfirstpitch.jpg
who has apparently let himself go.

There is also a black Ghostbuster.

Ok, he looks like this:
ERNIE-Hudson-smile2-web.jpg

How awesome are the Ghostbusters? Let me tell you! They are so awesome that they can break through time, space, and even canon to do an excellent dance down Times Square with Lando Fucking Calrissian!

ghostbusters-music-video.gif

They made a sequel to this and it was pretty ok! But this is not what I am here to talk about!

I am here to talk about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7nw_L4W5M&eurl=http://kotaku.com/5101685/new-ghostbusters-trailer-bring-spare-trousers

...the forthcoming (thirdcoming?) Ghostbusters sequel, currently only in vidja game form. Although the three-quel has been passed to Judd Apatow who will write and produce! They were originally going to do it in CG a la The Ninja Turtles but Bill Murray had one of his trademark changes of heart and it is now moving forward in a live action direction, hopefully featuring a bunch of crotchety old men. Comedy may very well ensue!

All the original cast (except Rick Morranis) are lending their voices to the VG.

So SE++, how many of you dicks are coming? All of them? Has anyone not seen Ghostbusters yet? Do you live a life of perpetual darkness and sorrow? Perhaps you know some good movie quotes that you could drop non-sequiter like! Either way, discuss!

Cristoval on

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=76331

your op is classy though.

is there a "merge thread" button (as opposed to a "merge all" button?)

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yo, my thread is on page two and was posted in earlier today.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    that's okay

your mom still loves you

Robcham on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Damn, I was furiously writing and checking back to the forums making sure no one sniped my topic. What a fool I have been!

Cristoval on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i remember once when ghostbusters ii was on tv like seven years ago i was watching it with my little cousin and she was like
    do you think they'll make a ghostbusters iii

and i was like i seriously doubt it maggie

AW YEAH

ps where did you hear that it was live action

Snork on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    why are there three ghostbuster threads on the front page

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I am not sure, I think it was a piece of info I just came across at some time from some source. It might not be true, maybe it was just an excellent dream I had. My knowledge is now cast in the shadow of doubt!

Also, I like how both topics are named "Who You Gonna Call?" Because even if it is unoriginal, if it were named anything else there would be blood.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    why are there three ghostbuster threads on the front page

Because the "search forum" button isn't working. Or I suck. Or something.

Edit: Actually, I remember reading DarkPrimus' thread earlier today and was rather flabbergasted when nothing came up upon searching for it later this night.

Cristoval on