Options

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Did they ever explain
    What all the different coloured slimes were being produced for and why the ghosts at the end were only coated in black slime?

And was Ray actually saying that all of Vigos negative energy slime was produced at that facility and just coincidentally woke Vigo up or was he talking about the black slime appearing in the game?
    I believe it was the former. Basically Ivor was experimenting with mood slime and the black slime is the most concentrated evil slime. I think the pink stuff could be swayed either way (with enough people/emotion), but the black stuff could only be nullified with the positive stuff.

At least that's my take on it.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    Did they ever explain
    What all the different coloured slimes were being produced for and why the ghosts at the end were only coated in black slime?

And was Ray actually saying that all of Vigos negative energy slime was produced at that facility and just coincidentally woke Vigo up or was he talking about the black slime appearing in the game?
    I believe it was the former. Basically Ivor was experimenting with mood slime and the black slime is the most concentrated evil slime. I think the pink stuff could be swayed either way (with enough people/emotion), but the black stuff could only be nullified with the positive stuff.

Was kinda sad tht
    They ship the Rookie off to open a franchise, I mean sure its a promotion but who wants to run a franchise when they can hang out with the main guys? And how would they survive without Ray or Egon about? The Rookie is physically bad ass sure and has some puzzle solving chops but none of the scientific or paranormal expertise.

And I dont know if the ghostbusters have stats but god damnt did Peter die A LOT.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just watched Ghostbusters 1 and 2 after playing the demo. Am I the only one that still likes Ghostbusters 2?

I so want to run out and buy this now, but I am going to wait for the price to come down.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I like Ghostbusters 2, I can get where people say it was kiddified a bit but its still enjoyable/

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ghostbusters 1 was pretty kid friendly too, how many movies have their own theme songs?

Kid friendly aside from the MASSIVE amounts of smoking.

Plus it scared the crap out of me when I was 4.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ghostbusters 1 was pretty kid friendly too, how many movies have their own theme songs?

Kid friendly aside from the MASSIVE amounts of smoking.

If they make a new ghostbusters Ray better be fucking smoking a cigarette.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    Did they ever explain

Was kinda sad tht
    They ship the Rookie off to open a franchise, I mean sure its a promotion but who wants to run a franchise when they can hang out with the main guys? And how would they survive without Ray or Egon about? The Rookie is physically bad ass sure and has some puzzle solving chops but none of the scientific or paranormal expertise.

And I dont know if the ghostbusters have stats but god damnt did Peter die A LOT.
    It could maybe be a link to the new Ghostbusters movie that's supposedly in production that only involves the old Ghostbusters in a cameo role

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I couldnt' in the single player, any time I tried it made its little whimpering sound.

Yeah, that's the sound of you trying to tether something that you can't tether. It makes that sound.

I stand by the point that the Library Boss was the hardest boss in the game. By a fairly significant margin.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just played the Wii version today. Really enjoying it and I feel that it's well done. I'm surprised but pleased by the amount of destruction possible :) Love the decision to go with a stylized look. Game plays to the system's capabilities extremely well.

For whatever reason I feel that the 3rd person perspective makes it a lot easier on my arms than Metroid Prime 3.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't believe I never tried out the multiplayer at all until now. Pretty fun, and different enough from the singleplayer to be its own thing.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ceno wrote: »
    I can't believe I never tried out the multiplayer at all until now. Pretty fun, and different enough from the singleplayer to be its own thing.

Multiplayer is surprisingly in-depth and adds a lot of replay value.

Though I'm still annoyed that I lost two of the five VIP ghosts I'd captured.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I liked it. I like it better with friends though.

Though there's a few of you on my friends list, so we should play some

Hawk on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We should sometime. Im not on often lately but hey. Just lemme know and I may join. I loved what I played of the online.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So. I just got this from Goozex.

What the hell is with the cheapness of this game? Projectiles from all sides, Possessors constantly taking over your team and regening all their health, no rhyme or reason to when you can get back up, and when it's game over...

The story, music, and voice acting is fun, but god DAMNED is this shit frustrating.

Houn on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Really? I found it easy...Hmmmm...

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    So. I just got this from Goozex.

What the hell is with the cheapness of this game? Projectiles from all sides, Possessors constantly taking over your team and regening all their health, no rhyme or reason to when you can get back up, and when it's game over...

The story, music, and voice acting is fun, but god DAMNED is this shit frustrating.

I found the difficulty leveled out about halfway through the museum level, and I could take on just about anything (except for that one moment at the end).

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I never died ONCE on Experienced.

Now going through Professional.

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dear Ghostbusters: The Video Game Production Team,

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING STONE ANGELS. THIS IS THE WORST, CHEAPEST, MOST FRUSTRATING THING IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER MADE. YOU ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE, AND I HOPE YOU NEVER WORK IN VIDEO GAMES EVER AGAIN. DAMN YOUR SOULS TO HELL, ALL YOU. YOU ARE SLIME. YOU ARE WORSE THAN SLIME. NOTHING YOU DO IS EVER RIGHT, AND YOU WILL ALL DIE ALONE, FRIENDLESS AND FORGOTTEN, CURSED BY ALL WHO EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE TO MEET YOU.

Die in hell, horsefuckers.

Signed,

Houn
    Who will never buy anything from Terminal Reality ever again

Houn on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I...didn't really have a problem with them.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    They keep one-shotting Ray and I 10s into the fight. I stopped counting after the 20th reload.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Finally did it. Pure luck. I have no other explanation. Game beat. Getting rid of it.

That seriously ruined the whole game for me.

Houn on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You must really suck at this game.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's possible. That, or getting gang-banged by invincible flying fire cherubs that one-shot dive bomb you from all directions while trying to avoid their spears and the little grave bugs things and constantly having to revive Ray and finally tethering one to the gate only to have the tether just disappear for no reason or the angel to get pulled in at the wrong angle and "miss" is not fun.

I was enjoying the game up until that part. Minus a few ambushes that caught me by surprise, it was pretty manageable. That part single-handedly ruined the game for me. I will never play through it again knowing that I have that to deal with eventually.

Houn on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That part was pretty horrifying.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Listed on Goozex, already got a match, lol.

Houn on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Remember when every game we played would kick our asses? I miss the NES.

Battletoads, I am looking at you.

I liked this Ghostbusters game, but I wish they would have included a more open ended mode like the C64/NES version. It was great.

Shens on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I wish they would add some kind of sandbox mode. Just you and your team gettings calls, going to bust some ghosts at different locales (maybe getting harder and harder as time goes on) and taking them back to the firehouse to unload your traps and upgrade your equipment.

As for the stone angels: Yes it was hard, but it's manageable if you keep sidestepping every way and use the slime tether to link them to the stone wall above the gate.

And for you to hate a game based on one little part...wow.

I loved this game, I wish it had received more exposure than it did.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, now that I've beat the story, I'd probably never play it again anyway. Plus, my favorite part of the game was wandering the firehouse and trying to find all the artifacts I'd collected. I was very disappointed to find there was no way to just load up into the firehouse, and that I'd instead have to load a level and beat it just to go check out my treasures between levels.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I played it twice though I did it for the Trophies. I like majority of it, fleshing out of Ivo Shandor, but theres no particularly memorable moments like there were for the movies.

Theres a lot of stuff that could've been done better like having a training ground for the weapons, some of them seemed worthless (Time distortion gun), the firehouse was VERY uninteractive and the menu system was pretty poor in terms of seeing stuff you'd scanned or picked up. Why is it alphabetical? Am I going to go in there looking for Book Bats or am I just going to go look for the most recent ones I haven't read yet?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hid in the tunnel during the stone cherubs bullshit. Ray did all the work. When he went down, I'd haul ass out there, revive him, and put a tether on the gate. When the cherubs came after me in the tunnel, I'd tether the other end to one, and it would glitch through the ground and hit the gate. After that, they were easy to fend off.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Finally did it. Pure luck. I have no other explanation. Game beat. Getting rid of it.

There's an easy way to get around it.

I used it to complete the game on 'hard'--just stay in the tunnel entrance leading to the gate, in front of where the level closes off, grab the stone angels where they can't shoot you, and throw them in the general direction of the gate. Sometimes, some of the small gravestone minions will try and attack you, but they can be dispatched very easily with a boson dart. Ignore Ray for the time being.

Very, very easy. Not how you're supposed to do it, of course, but very easy.

But if you're getting rid of it, you're getting rid of it. Personally, I enjoy the multiplayer more than enough to keep it on hand.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That part was a bit frustrating, but overall I LOVED this game. It captured the spirit of the movies and the gameplay was remarkably fun. I wish for a sequel, but I doubt it will happen.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not expecting a sequel either, which makes me sad, because while the last third of the game is a bit iffy at times, the first two thirds were loads of fun in my opinion, and I would love a sequel.

That being said, I'm on my third replay now, trying to clear the game with less then $100,000 collateral damage (or is it $10,000)?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

There's an easy way to get around it.

I used it to complete the game on 'hard'--just stay in the tunnel entrance leading to the gate, in front of where the level closes off, grab the stone angels where they can't shoot you, and throw them in the general direction of the building. Sometimes, some of the small gravestone minions will try and attack you, but they can be dispatched very easily with a boson dart. Ignore Ray for the time being.

Very, very easy. Not how you're supposed to do it, of course, but very easy.

But if you're getting rid of it, you're getting rid of it. Personally, I enjoy the multiplayer more than enough to keep it on hand.

Here is the trick to that part, once I found this out, it became easy beyond all belief.
    Stand beneath the gate, the stone angels will charge at you and just slam into the gate. More or less anyways, it'll be finished in less than 30 seconds. It sound ridiculous, but it works.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, now that I've beat the story, I'd probably never play it again anyway. Plus, my favorite part of the game was wandering the firehouse and trying to find all the artifacts I'd collected. I was very disappointed to find there was no way to just load up into the firehouse, and that I'd instead have to load a level and beat it just to go check out my treasures between levels.

I don't think we played the same game. The checkpoint load system has all of the instances of the firehouse you visit in the game to enter.

Cobell on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cobell wrote: »

I don't think we played the same game. The checkpoint load system has all of the instances of the firehouse you visit in the game to enter.

I have the option to load game, which only shows me the very last checkpoint I was at in the final level, and I have the option to replay a level, which does not list the firehouse sections, just the main levels.

Houn on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I have the option to load game, which only shows me the very last checkpoint I was at in the final level, and I have the option to replay a level, which does not list the firehouse sections, just the main levels.

Ah I see the problem, the firehouse levels aren't listed separately as "Firehouse", they're usually the first checkpoint in each set of levels. So the firehouse before the library levels is the first checkpoint for the Library.

Cobell on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Theres a lot of stuff that could've been done better like having a training ground for the weapons, some of them seemed worthless (Time distortion gun), the firehouse was VERY uninteractive and the menu system was pretty poor in terms of seeing stuff you'd scanned or picked up. Why is it alphabetical? Am I going to go in there looking for Book Bats or am I just going to go look for the most recent ones I haven't read yet?

As much as I like the original cast (esp. considering the new guy had absolutely no personality). I think that if they the game to have moments of its own (for a sequel); they should go with new characters, more new ghosts, etc.

Though then they would run the risk of not creating awesome characters (the odds of doing so are pretty low) .

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Ah I see the problem, the firehouse levels aren't listed separately as "Firehouse", they're usually the first checkpoint in each set of levels. So the firehouse before the library levels is the first checkpoint for the Library.

Huh. I ended up missing the firehouse sequence before the Library (turned off the console), and when I started back up later, it started me at the library. So, I went back and re-played the Library level, and it started me... in front of the Library.

Thus, I assumed the firehouse sequences must be the ends of the levels presented, rather than the beginnings.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Egos wrote: »

As much as I like the original cast (esp. considering the new guy had absolutely no personality). I think that if they the game to have moments of its own (for a sequel); they should go with new characters, more new ghosts, etc.

Though then they would run the risk of not creating awesome characters (the odds of doing so are pretty low) .

I've said this earlier, but I would really like them let us relieve some of the iconic scenes of the movie--particularly the long march to the somewhat short fight with Gozer the Gozerian.

Part of it is because I don't really care for the upgrades (statis pack not withstanding), and I love the iconic look of the unupgraded packs. Part of it is because it would be pretty awesome to hear the original dialogue coming out of the CG models mouths. Part of it is because the effects would be better than the first movie's (at times).

There's also a long montage of different jobs in the second movie (during Run D.M.C.'s version of the theme) that would provide a bunch of cool solo missions, but that would require Ramis and the others to supply voices (which would be great, but I don't think they'd want to do it).

Synthesis on