Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New Comic Thread for December 8th, 2008

12357

Posts

  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    waiting with bated fuckin' breath

    Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nooo how will I sleep tonite?

    jwalk on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    pfft justifications

    just spout some shit

    Vann Diras on
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so, name ideas?

    I'm not buying this thing until I have a name as awesome for it as Zaphod was for my first one.

    Evander on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am reserving that post, you dicks

    I Win Swordfights on
    LRSpdfo.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    hey, I like The Killers and Coldplay

    really though zunes are for nerds

    Sara, why?

    :(

    Centipede Damascus on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I liked that new Killers single, Human, a lot.

    I Win Swordfights on
    LRSpdfo.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like the killers :(

    PiptheFair on
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    I can see why someone would like the Killers, they are good music, but Coldplay, I mean come on.

    Coldplay is not good music. D:

    Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    so, name ideas?

    I'm not buying this thing until I have a name as awesome for it as Zaphod was for my first one.

    Buy it, then let it choose its own name based on what happens to it.

    Ever since its immersion, my iPod has been called Trieste.

    Rhesus Positive on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    goddamned mormons

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My Zune's name is Swordfight

    I Win Swordfights on
    LRSpdfo.png
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the killers are fucking insane people

    i still like their music

    Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My Zune's name is Swordfight

    Because you won it?

    Rhesus Positive on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I liked that new Killers single, Human, a lot.

    really? I liked Sam's Town a whole freaking lot and was excited for their new album

    but then I saw the Human video and that song is boring as fuck. kind of dampened my excitement

    Vann Diras on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've never actually listened to Human's chorus.

    Just that beginning verse.

    I just play it over and over until I'm done with that song and go to the next one.

    Sam's Town was insane and I wish they had stuck with that vein of music.

    I Win Swordfights on
    LRSpdfo.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I didn't like their album before Sam's Town

    but man Sam's town, that is a great album right there

    Vann Diras on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You didn't like Hot Fuss? What kind of dumb, wrong opinion is that?

    Anyway, do you really need to name your mp3 player?

    jwalk on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hot Fuss was an amazing album.

    Also, I named my new 120GB Zune Islington because that is a cool name.

    My old brown 30GB was named Hugo.

    Centipede Damascus on
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    I don't get the whole name your Ipod thing.

    I never named my ipod, I did name my nano pet, but that was ages ago, and I think everyone named their nano .

    Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    You didn't like Hot Fuss? What kind of dumb, wrong opinion is that?

    Anyway, do you really need to name your mp3 player?

    I think it was the 'stache. It drew me to them

    now it's gone and I am disenchanted again!

    Vann Diras on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My iPod is named.... "user's iPod".

    "user" is my user log in name in Windows... it did that automatically...

    Guess what my password is!

    jwalk on
  • BelruelBelruel Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet earthRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    my... mine is named Mjolnir

    Belruel on
    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bel, you're silly.

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think my Zune is named Midgard

    we got some norse shit up in here bel

    Vann Diras on
  • BelruelBelruel Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet earthRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    awww yea

    Belruel on
    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    because I guess I thought a city name was more fitting than a person name?

    I don't even know

    Vann Diras on
  • BelruelBelruel Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet earthRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i thought i was being clever because it was a nano, all tiny, named after thor's hammer

    Belruel on
    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mine is uh

    an ipod mini?

    it's made of metal!

    Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    i thought i was being clever because it was a nano, all tiny, named after thor's hammer


    A little too clever, if you ask me.

    Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User
    edited December 2008
    the only inanimate object I've ever named was my pipe because magritte was too perfect

    seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Pipes should always have a name, as well as bongs, it is only fitting.

    I names my bong Elle, because I always liked that name, and my pipe's name is pipe, it was very fitting.

    Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Baroque ObamaBaroque Obama Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    How can you even say that the iPod is a bad mp3 player?

    It is very expensive, and under-featured.

    For years competitors have come out with products that did more for less money, but they couldn't penetrate the market, due to the sheer brand recognition of the iPod. Meanwhile, Apple has made slight updates on a years basis, none of which they have allowed to be downloaded to prior models (at least not for free.)

    My issue with the iPod brand is that it has actually HELD BACK innovation within the PMP market, while keeping prices much higher than they reasonably should be. It has done this because, since it is impossible to compete with their marketing push, competitors fall in line with them, and offer about the same product for about the same price.

    Apple may not have 100% of the market share, but when it comes to control of the market they are effectively a monopoly, and that is not a thing that I think is okay, because they clearly abuse it.

    You didn't even read what i wrote on why the iPod was NOT under featured.

    Offerings by iRiver, Cowon have all come out with more features of previous iPods. However, they were all more expensive. The iRiver iHP120 had optical out, recording features, and an fm radio, but it was 100 dollars more. The Cowon XX models all had a much bigger format support compared the iPod. However they were all still more expensive than the iPod. Apple was able to come out with an actually agreeable form factor compared to what was ultimately its biggest compitition: The Creative Nomad. The Nomad, despite its higher capacity was still huge.

    The iPod has not held back DAP development at all. Even though the 5th generation iPod came out on Oct. 12, 2005, Archos and Cowon already had 3.5 inch screen PMP's out. In fact Archos had video players way before any of the competition had video capabilities. Despite that, many people still went for Apple players because of the archos's huge size. Rio had the rio karma out which was a phenomenal mp3 player despite lacking build quality. Also, apple has been responsible for the push in hard drive space. When the iPod was first introduced at 20 gigabytes, everybody else followed suit. (Creative, Archos, etc.) When Apple introduced the 5G iPod with 30 Gigabytes, everybody else followed suit. (EX:the Creative Zen Vision:M)

    Baroque Obama on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a Vision M

    It's fucking huge

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    Anyway, do you really need to name your mp3 player?

    Yes.

    I generally don't randomly name inanimate objects (except for my car) but for a computer related device that naeeds a name in the system anyway, I always give it a name.

    Evander on
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You're wrong
    *proceeds to argue why I was, in fact, right*

    Evander on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can't wait till I get my iPod Touch

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    now the touch, that is a good device

    I want one very much

    Vann Diras on
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    I thought they already had one called the IPhone?

    Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm holding out for the ZuneTouch

    I Win Swordfights on
    LRSpdfo.png
This discussion has been closed.