Options

[Woot off]On

• Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darn, I actually wanted one of the milk frothers...

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Ok, the shirt right now is irresistible.

So I bought one.

It is pretty good. Though this one right here is the one I want. I only wish I had a bit of disposible income. D: All of my money is pretty much tied to gifts as of right now.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aoi wrote: »
    Aoi wrote: »
    Hmm, have they even had Zunes in ages? Always kinda hoped they would toss up the 80 gig ones so I could get a deal comparable to by brown 30 from a year or so ago.

Not for a few months, but they joke about them fairly often (most recently joking that a prize for an internal competition would be a brown Zune. Second place? Two brown Zunes), so I keep hoping that they're going to run another batch.

Apparently I was the only one, but I adored the thing aesthetically. I couldn't afford one when they were still made, and they're almost impossible to find now. :(

I loved mine too. The thing took a beating, and I used it every day for over a year. Finally, after its first real tumble to concrete, the hard drive went click click click... D: Been watching for a new one ever since (or a decent sale on one of the newer models). Because right now I'm lugging around my PSP as a music player, and that just sucks.

You know that Zunes are upgradeable with new HDD and it is a DIY project.

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/zune-1g-30gb-parts.html

But don't actually buy the HDD from that site, just take the model name/number and Google it

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bought a wireless mic.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out

edit: Bacon salt. Looks like this is the end

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, this is the infamous Bacon Salt.

And it comes with Baconnaise.

I am torn between D: and :winky:

picklhu6.gif

Bitstream on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    So, this is the infamous Bacon Salt.

And it comes with Baconnaise.

I am torn between D: and :winky:

picklhu6.gif

And bacon flavored lipbalm :winky:

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Woot lights up again, for those who want them.

And yeah, bacon lip-balm is, upon further reflection, decidedly :winky:.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is...is it over?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes, you can all go to sleep now.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh... Huh. I guess it is.

Well, shit. Now I have to shop for a keyboard like a normal person.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I almost bought woot off lights to annoy my co-workers. By the time I went back it had sold out. :(

Also, any of you guys frequent shirt.woot? Do they ever put shirts back up for cheap if they are not sold out? Or do you have to buy them for $15 instead of $10?

Shens on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pretty sure its always 15 after day 1. Don't think I've ever seen repeat-shirts on the main page.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yep. You're looking at $15 instead of $10, or waiting for one of their "random shirt" days and keeping your fingers crossed.

/gotten three shirts from woot

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shens wrote: »
    I almost bought woot off lights to annoy my co-workers. By the time I went back it had sold out. :(

Also, any of you guys frequent shirt.woot? Do they ever put shirts back up for cheap if they are not sold out? Or do you have to buy them for $15 instead of $10?

They're 10 the day they go up, 15 after that, until they lose at the reckoning, then they're gone for good. Every now and then they sell random shirts for 6.66, or somewhere thereabouts - but they're random, and probably going to be the ones that didn't sell well.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The random shirt is so under-rated. They happen like once a month. The only thing I know is it's from the leftovers, so you're not getting any of the shirts that have sold out.

Only once have I made it in time to get random shirts in my size (they sell out FAST, and then you're left with Womens Small for the rest of the day). I ended up with one neat looking brown shirt with an artsy painting of a windmill on it, that I wear a lot, and one yellow shirt with angry foods on it. I wear that much less.

Of course, my brother ended up getting a black shirt with a pink Einstein on it, so you could get screwed. But thats half the fun!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The random shirt is so under-rated. They happen like once a month. The only thing I know is it's from the leftovers, so you're not getting any of the shirts that have sold out.

Only once have I made it in time to get random shirts in my size (they sell out FAST, and then you're left with Womens Small for the rest of the day). I ended up with one neat looking brown shirt with an artsy painting of a windmill on it, that I wear a lot, and one yellow shirt with angry foods on it. I wear that much less.

Of course, my brother ended up getting a black shirt with a pink Einstein on it, so you could get screwed. But thats half the fun!

These are the shirts I got. Not via random, just in general.
    Plan_B4qmDetail.jpg

The_Best_Thing_Sinces6oDetail.jpg

Shut up, I know it doesn't quite make logical sense the way it's phrased, but that's not the point.

Can_You_Spell_BRAAAINS!ezyDetail.png

Made a good Halloween shirt

Jragghen on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've got a lot of random shirts

Some good...
    Buffalo_Sunset5svDetail.png

And some bad...
    Inspired_By_Rocky_Raccoon_By_The_Beatles-3m7vy4-s.jpg
    I_Love_Sushisj25Detail.jpg

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what raccoon cowboy is teh ausome

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh wow, I don't even remember some of these designs.

And yeah, raccoon cowboy looks cool, until you realize that if you ever wore it anywhere you'd look like a wolf shirt dude.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You'd look worse. You'd look like a furry.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I never understood the whole wolf shirt thing. Did I miss an exceptionally famous creepy wolf shirt guy or something o.O

Wetsun on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wetsun wrote: »
    I never understood the whole wolf shirt thing. Did I miss an exceptionally famous creepy wolf shirt guy or something o.O

odds are you probably are one of them

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Aren't they all?

Shens on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have the sliced bread shirt. So awesome. I've also got the Don Quixote one that no one has ever gotten.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did anyone here manage to buy one of the blue shell shirts that were up a while back? I desperately want one and the internet is not helping me find one.

Edit: OH SWEET MOTHER OF FUCK THEY ARE BACK UP!!!! Impulse buy FTW!

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Not really. I just am confused as to the reason wolf-shirts gained some strange stigma in the first place.

I mean, I understand that they look pretty dumb. But a lot of shirts look dumb and don't spawn crazy memes. Just wondering if I missed some sort of wolf-shirt-kid youtube video or something.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You know that kid in school that wore a wolf shirt? You know that woman at the gas station who wears wolf shirts?

That's your youtube video.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Again, they look like they're wearing a stupid shirt. I just don't know how that makes them worse than people wearing silk button-down shirts with giant anime characters and dragons on them.

I mean, if Star Wars Kid was wearing a wolf-shirt or something, maybe I could understand why wolf shirts have special meaning, but I don't. Anyway, apparently there is no reason because the only answer I ever get is "because it's a wolf shirt and there are people who wear wolf shirts". Oh well.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    because chances are the Stars Wars Kid wears wolf shirts.

I don't think there's much to get here, Wetsun.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Except the statement "because chances are [weird person] wears wolf shirts" isn't any more of an answer than "because it's a wolf shirt and there are people who wear wolf shirts."

If everyone in the world knows a weird guy who happens to own only wolf shirts, that's great. Unlikely, but at least its a (shitty) answer. I don't know anyone who wears wolf shirts, yet I know plenty of strange and weird-ass people. I just don't see the correlation, and was hoping for clarification on why this wolf-shirt thing started (I hadn't even heard about it before this year).

Again, if the answer is "it's true because it's true", then I guess I give up.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »
    because chances are the Stars Wars Kid wears wolf shirts.

I don't think there's much to get here, Wetsun.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Not really. I just am confused as to the reason wolf-shirts gained some strange stigma in the first place.

I mean, I understand that they look pretty dumb. But a lot of shirts look dumb and don't spawn crazy memes. Just wondering if I missed some sort of wolf-shirt-kid youtube video or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhmOpKN-qrY

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Exactly, Salt.

Exactly.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sigh.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I own a wolf + american flag shirt and an eagle + american flag shirt that my dad bought me several years ago. I just don't have the heart to throw them away. They are like 19 sizes too big.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hahahha 00:56 made me spit up soda.

just to make a point: silk anime button ups are just as bad if not worse than wolf shirts. wolf shirts are cheap and usually older weirdos wear them. anime shirts cost 3x as much and are an indicator of a much sadder existance, just more financially stable.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I own a wolf + american flag shirt and an eagle + american flag shirt that my dad bought me several years ago. I just don't have the heart to throw them away. They are like 19 sizes too big.
    Ever feel the need to rise up, kick a little ass, kick some ass for the USA?

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    NatheoNatheo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's like the yosemite sam mudflaps! Better back off!

Or the looney tunes shirts, like the ones with tweety bird. Don't mess with me, I've had a bad day!

Natheo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Ever feel the need to rise up, kick a little ass, kick some ass for the USA?

I put one on once. By the time it was over I had 14 illegitimate children, a mullet like Angel Falls, and a hangover the size of Texas. YEEEEEEEEHAAWWWW

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sigh.

I'm sorry you don't get the joke. I can't explain it, it's just a type of person and it's funny. Vaguely trashy, not many friends, weird, half-assed misappropriations of spirituality from other cultures. Usually for right or far left politically, with no idea why.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg