As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] An Evening with Sander Cohen - Game Over!

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am unconvinced there was a mafia left unenthralled, but regardless of that, we basically know that there was a splicer amongst the enthralled. I fail to see why we should be taking shots in the dark rather than continuing to target the people who were enthralled in an effort to nail the splicer we have the best lead on.

That being said, Warban was one of the enthralled and has been intermittently posting as if he were a splicer.

And I'm actually not that suspicious of you Rend, I'm just flabbergasted that so many people blindly followed what you said when your posts were rather suspicious themselves.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So the total enthralled were Oats, Warban, and Jackisreal.

Jackisreal is dead.

Which leaves warban or oats. I can't quite remember, was there a confirmed guard on day 2? I'm at work, not much time to sift the thread.

Rend on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    abotkin wrote: »
    So let me get this straight Wildcat, for me not to be suspicious I should make numerous posts that are exactly in character for a bad guy?

And what I should not do, as evidenced by the main and this mini phalla, is try my best to help the village to a victory.

Gotcha.
    Exactly in character? Oh please. I don't recall any of the other bad guys having a posting restriction, do you? Cast aspersions if you wish, but get your facts right. Warban has been up to that 'hop hop hop' business since Day -1, and all of a sudden you have a blinding insight about it today?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rend wrote: »
    Also, forgot to mention:

I'm in the camp of at least 1 mafia remains unenthralled the whole game. Otherwise, what would the point of the enthrallment be? I think we're looking at either 1 mafia left who has been thusfar unenthralled, or 2, one unenthralled and one who was enthralled until Zellpher bit the dust.
    Also, I totally agree with the latter part of this. The game would surely have ended if Zellpher had enthralled a bad guy and no others were left around.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rend
    Oats

kuhlmeye
    MagicMan
    Wildcat

Warban
    Abotkin

Yesterday Kime and T_R were deaded. Where were they at?

This is a list of where everyone was last night.

Oats Backstage
    Rend Backstage
    Wildcat Backstage
    Zellpher Backstage
    Jackisreal Cheap seats
    MagicMan Cheap seats
    Abotkin Cheap seats
    Warban Cheap seats
    Kime Front row
    kuhlmeye Front row
    The_Reflection Front row

Wow. How retarded am I. God I need to get my head checked.

Kuhlmeye

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Also, then tomorrow we have the baddies pegged. If I die, Oats killed me. If Abotkin dies, warban killed him, and vice versa (we know if oats dies, then I am evil, for example).

Kuhlmeye, MagicMan, and Wildcat are in the same location today, and none of them have been enthralled. If we have 1 mafia enthralled and 1 not, then kuhlmeye is it, and we have a maximum of another 2 days to get the last. if there are 2 baddies left unenthralled, then MagicMan, Wildcat, Abotkin, and myself will be on the chopping block tomorrow, but the kills should be more than enough to glean who needs the axe.

Rend on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    AwooOOOOoOoOoooOoo

http://take2store.stores.yahoo.net/specialoffers.html

BwoOOOoOOOOooOOoOooOo

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    at this rate it looks like abotkin is going to leave....is this what we want? Are we sure hes bad?

MagicMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No, read my post above. We want to vote for kuhlmeye. I'm retarded for voting for abotkin, I should have taken 5 minutes to check my work.

Kuhlmeye is the only one in the location that both village died last night.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh shit well than !kuhlmeye He was one of the enthralled ones right?

MagicMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No, he's an unenthralled one. In my post above the yellow is for those of us who have not been enthralled, and the lime are those who have been enthralled, and are still alive.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    !Kuhlmeye it is. And yeah, if I'd been paying attention instead of freaking out because I got bandwagoned out of nowhere, I likely would have seen that too.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... well this is awkward. All signs point to yes, but I'm fairly certain you guys have a false positive. I haven't sent a PM to anyone the entire game. If anyone is keeping track, I haven't moved once the entire game. Let me also ask you this: would a baddie kill multiple people in one location, when they're the only other person there? Especially after we had already established that was the perfect way to find the bad guys? It seems like you guys are jumping to the obvious choice, and I feel like I'm getting set up here.

Also Rend, why is Zellpher still on your list there? He was the only one who died the day he did. Is that an up to date list?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, I see what you mean, Rend. Sorry !kuhlmeye, that evidence is pretty damning.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That was kime's list from yesterday, I think he probably copy/pasted it.

Question to you, kuhlmeye. How could it not have been you, the evidence being so overwhelmingly against you?

This is how I see it. The mafia probably get a certain number of kills per turn, which I would assume is 2. I would say those kills could probably be aimed anywhere that a member of the mafia is. We have lost our guard, vig, and seer, and our cult leader (?), so there are likely no good specials left. All of the kills are from vote or mafia. Both kills occurred at your location last night, so my analysis is such.

If you are NOT a mafia, and we vote you out tonight, it's obvious the mafia don't play by the same rules as the village regarding targeting. I don't think this is the case, because it would make the good specials readily identifiable while allowing the mafia to remain hidden (especially the vig, whose targets are extremely overt). 2 kills and a free pass to all the specials seems a bit much.

So basically unless you can come up with something spectacular, I'm probably not going to switch off of you today. I'm fairly certain that either you're evil, or we've been playing by rules the mafia has been breaking for the whole game.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok, well... I really didn't want to do this, as I'm pretty sure I am the last good special.
    I am Dr. Suchong!

Dr._Suchong.JPG

I have the ability to role block someone every odd day. So obviously it didn't work so well last night. I am village aligned, and really want to win. To be completely honest, I can't tell you how the people in the front row with me died. Believe it or not, killing me is detrimental to the cause of the village.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh god dangit...

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yeah....is there time to change everyones vote? (What was/is there 5 good specials in this game? crazy)

MagicMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i'm almost thinking to myself it's worth it to stick with it, but crap, I don't know.

If the bad guys can indeed strike from somewhere they are not currently stationed at? Well, that throws most of my speculation out the window. Darned near all of it, to be certain.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think its pretty much over...I hate to be that guy but...If we get everyone to change votes I doubt the mafia is going to not kill kuhlmeye. If we cant get people to change votes than (taking some assumptions from last night) we village kill one good guy and the 2 mafia kill off 2 more good guys leaving it....2 and 2 and thus a mafia win?

MagicMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm inclined to leave my vote where it is. This smells of a desperation ploy more than a legitimate reveal.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They could or they couldn't. if we hit a bad guy today (because if we don't, we lose, if there ARE 2 left), then the following:

1) Kuhlmeye is dead from baddy. We go after someone else with no special to defend us.
    2) Kuhlmeye is dead from vote. We were right, and continue the inquisition.
    3) Kuhlmeye is alive. Suspicious much? We vote him out, baddies win
    or
    3) Kuhlmeye is alive, but we don't vote him out. Flip coins!

We're in pretty dire straits. I'll keep my vote on him for 1 reason and 1 reason alone: Hope. Kuhlmeye is the highest probability for success, however, there being 7 players in the game, we're pretty much down to the wire. If we're (read: I am) wrong, the village loses.

Honestly, i don't know how else to vote though.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wait is it just me or is there one person thats flying under the radar in this game.....Oats....

MagicMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fair enough, vote for me if you want to. Village loses. At least if we vote for someone else we still have a chance. I figure I'm getting killed tonight anyways. Why not use the vote to try to find an actual bad guy?

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    !Abotkin
    !Oats

Because I suspect him the most. Enthralled, low activity.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Oats

Do we have a reason why oats is out back if only specials can be there?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Also Wildcat is the last mafia i think as well.

I'm Chaotic stupid. Anything can happen.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You all do realize that my "low activity" is due to be enthralled for two days, yeah?

Oats on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh really, good job guys. village most likely loses.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Vote closed. Gonna quote you Kuhl.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    oh really, good job guys. village most likely loses.

Curtain call.

“Thank you for coming folks. I hope you enjoyed the show.”

Bioshock-DX-10,I-Y-49930-13.jpg

“Yeah we did, WOOOOO!” screamed Kuhlmeye.

The crowd did not take kindly to his outburst, and there was polite clapping
    while they put the boots to him, medium style.

As the crowd began to file out the door, two figures stood in the front row.
    One brandished a wrench, crackling with energy, the other held a handful of fire.

The screamed and leaped at each other, lightning arced, flames erupted.

In the end both MagicMan and Wildcat lay bleeding, sizzling corpses both equally unable to
    ruin the swan song of the man they hated.

The Dead
    Kuhlmeye, Fan – Medium dead
    MagicMan, Splicer – Zapped and whacked
    Wilcat, Jilted Lover – Fired

The village is victorious!

Special thanks to:
    B:L for being a crazy accurate vig
    Zellpher for playing Sander so well
    Kime for keeping the main thread interesting on the dull days
    Everyone else who was active!

Special Boooooo! to the inactives.

I hope you enjoyed it, feedback is welcome and requested.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    FINALLY! Hahah, good call on voting out Kuhlm and getting the two in the middle to whack each other.

JUST AS PLANNED

Good game, thanks for hosting :whistle:

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hahahaha, they killed each other, didn't they? B:L is a prophet, not only did he have uncanny aim, he called it that Wildcat and MagicMan were the last two baddies and were going to kill each other. Creepy.

And grrrrrr. I can't believe I got the location wrong on the most important day!!! I would have killed MagicMan the night I died, but went for someone who wasn't even in the Front Row instead. :|

Thanks for hosting Exarch! It was fun!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It was a great game...It kind of sucked the the loudest people were killed off...That those who tried posting killed us....HAHAHA it is mearly a game so I think it was a blast.

I still fail at trying to defend myself lolol

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Woohoo! Village victory! So did the last 2 mafia actually kill each other? That's awesome if so! And yeah, crazy accuracy B:L, good job!

And yeah, thanks for hosting Exarch, that was fun.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    vertroue wrote: »
    It was a great game...It kind of sucked the the loudest people were killed off...That those who tried posting killed us....HAHAHA it is mearly a game so I think it was a blast.

I still fail at trying to defend myself lolol
    Once you intruded into my space, you were doomed, really.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, the theme really played out well. It felt like we were in Fort Frolic all over again :lol:

For the main, I'd advise grabbing a few more splicer names. When Grundl got whacked as a generic "splicer", I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't Hector Rodriguez, the other protege of Cohen's.

Also, I dunno if anyone saw that link I posted, but that Masquerade lithograph for sale looks amazing.

http://take2store.stores.yahoo.net/specialoffers.html

Shipping cost is pretty terrible though. :|

Edit: Thanks guys, glad I could help. I do well and get really involved in these kind of analysis-based phallas, but pretty poorly in faction phallas like that SMT one.

C'mon splicers, lemme see your proboards!

• Options
    edited December 2008
    hmm. . . .did we have a seer? Was it CrownAxe?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Glad you guys enjoyed it, and yes, they killed each other as was prophesied.

I actually did name four of the splicers, with the jilted lover being the only one without a name, I just forgot to include the names in the subsequent narrations. One of a few errors I made throughout the game.

I learned a lot though, and I'm especially interested to hear what you guys thought of the mechanics, and I want to hear from the splicers, since I feel they got screwed over early on by inactivity.

Crownaxe was the seer, his target was made public via the spotlight.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Heh. Well I'm not surprised after the last min PM i got from magic man.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!