As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Avalanche in Sholazar Basin. As for epics I got zilch, but I wasn't getting that many boxes and it took me a while to get the hang of it and stop needing to Vanish and run out. I got over five stacks of Runic Healing Potion, plus the 75g in cash, the greys, and a green ring, so ... if you wanna go at it, go at it. Just remember that Pickpocket is omnidirectional -- I thought I had to be facing the mob, which slowed me down a ton in the beginning.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tach wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    okay so I've pickpocketed 75g since I started doing this about an hour ago, with a lot alt-tabbing

with the glyphs this is probably actually a pretty sick way of making gold o_O
    Where are you pickpocketing? I need coin for my epic flyer and cold weather training, and 75g an hour would be hot-damn-tastic.

Apparently the Avalanche in Sholazar is the hot spot.

Edit: Foiled!

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    The only thing that sucks about soloing Strat is that shitty disease debuff you get from some of the zombies that lasts like 15 or 30 minutes. It's something like 25 STR/STA or something like that, which aren't huge numbers by today's standards, but it still sucks.

The shitty thing about that debuff isn't the stats, it's that it (unless it's another debuff) also has a "lowers your health regeneration to zero" part, which also prevents you from eating. If you have a healing class it doesn't matter, if you're a warrior it's a fricking pain in the ass (I wound up just sitting afk waiting for it to tick off)

However, it's only those groups of like 8 zombies that do it, and you can skip all of them at 70+ (on a baron run at least)

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ah right, that's what it was. I knew it was something annoying like that.

Why is it, after all this time, we have healing pots and mana pots but no (at least as far as I'm aware) reliable disease or poison removal pots that work at level 70+? I used to farm and use those Jungle Remedies from the Kurzen guys in STV, but those don't work for shit anymore.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    75g an hour is, like, nothing...I guess it's easy work though.

shadowane on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It depends on just how much Oboro is able to afk. Enough time away would make 75g per hour fantastic.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    How!

Much!

Can!

Oboro!

AFK!!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    runic healing potions auctioned for 8g a pop a few days ago on my server, that'd be 275g/hour + vendorables if that price held up

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Avalanche in Sholazar Basin. As for epics I got zilch, but I wasn't getting that many boxes and it took me a while to get the hang of it and stop needing to Vanish and run out. I got over five stacks of Runic Healing Potion, plus the 75g in cash, the greys, and a green ring, so ... if you wanna go at it, go at it. Just remember that Pickpocket is omnidirectional -- I thought I had to be facing the mob, which slowed me down a ton in the beginning.

or you could do a few dailies, kill some elementals for eternals, you know, SANE ways of making gold

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    75g an hour is, like, nothing...I guess it's easy work though.
    Oboro wrote:
    As for epics I got zilch, but I wasn't getting that many boxes and it took me a while to get the hang of it and stop needing to Vanish and run out. I got over five stacks of Runic Healing Potion, plus the 75g in cash, the greys, and a green ring, so ... if you wanna go at it, go at it. Just remember that Pickpocket is omnidirectional -- I thought I had to be facing the mob, which slowed me down a ton in the beginning.

The 75g was just cash. Doesn't include the stacks of healing potions, greys, etc, the chance for epics, or the fact that he was getting used to the spawn during that period.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Minerva_SC wrote: »

or you could do a few dailies, kill some elementals for eternals, you know, SANE ways of making gold

Yes, it's probably safe to assume farming gold differently than you farm gold is insane. I could see that.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I put the five stacks up at 22g just undercutting (other auctions were for 24g). So, they sold already, and that's 110g + 75g + whatever the green disenchants into. It was only like three or four gold from the greys, only the [Rogue Diary]s sold for anything considerable.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, my mistake. Yeah 200+ gold an hour is still pretty good.

edit: What mobs are you pickpocketing? Elites?

shadowane on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I made almost 1000 gold grinding herbalism and mining up to 300 on my DK.. low level components sell for retarded prices on the server I play Alliance. 15 gold for a stack of copper ore? Sure I'll take that.

Is a launch server, something like a 2.5:1 ratio for alliance to horde, one of those servers where it's night elves all the way to the horizon and they all have tens of thousands of gold to spend. It makes being a newbie so easy.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I'm guessing just the hordes of undead mobs up there.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I'm guessing just the hordes of undead mobs up there.

Yeah I found it on wowhead. I haven't been to Shalozar yet (it's next) so I don't the area well.

shadowane on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sholazar's nice if you've got a flying mount by the time you're there, but I'd think it would be an absolute pain in the dick if you didn't, because the place is really condensed and packed with mobs.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Naw it's easy, I went there at 76 and it was great. Best zone in the game. Hell, my level 70 warlock was able to ride around collecting herbs and never once died.

Stick to Nesingwary camp and get on the Frenzyheart questline as soon as you can.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    It depends on just how much Oboro is able to afk. Enough time away would make 75g per hour fantastic.

sorry to ask, please enlighten me, what does afk used in this fashion mean

what I am imagining is somebody setting a bot to pickpocket for them and going away from keyboard

no?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2008

what I am imagining is somebody setting a bot to pickpocket for them and going away from keyboard

no?
    Nah, just means Obs was stepping away break for a period (or periods) of time between pickpocketing groups of mobs. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sholazar's nice if you've got a flying mount by the time you're there, but I'd think it would be an absolute pain in the dick if you didn't, because the place is really condensed and packed with mobs.

I made it up the Avalanche at 71 on my shaman. I didn't feel like earning xp, so I went on a discovery mission. Climbed all the way up the mountain and panicked when I zoned into Wintergrasp. Hid in a corner until my PvP flag faded, then tried to make my way back down the mountain.

I bounced off an outcrop, took 3/4 my health in fall damage and landed right in the middle of a group of ghouls. I got creamed. :(

xzzy on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RPwalking down steep mountains is the way to go, xzzy.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

no?
    Nah, just means Obs was stepping away break for a period (or periods) of time between pickpocketing groups of mobs. At least that's how I interpreted it.

I wondered.

So just the idea of being able to earn leisurely.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    xzzy wrote: »
    I made it up the Avalanche at 71 on my shaman. I didn't feel like earning xp, so I went on a discovery mission. Climbed all the way up the mountain and panicked when I zoned into Wintergrasp. Hid in a corner until my PvP flag faded, then tried to make my way back down the mountain.

I bounced off an outcrop, took 3/4 my health in fall damage and landed right in the middle of a group of ghouls. I got creamed. :(
    Ouch :o

I didn't do much exploration prior to getting my flappy back, so I had no idea one could even get to Sholazar that early. I thought the only way you could get there to begin with without a flyer was the "quest" that took you there from Dalaran's flight pad.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    we had a couple of guildies that got the "explore northrend" thing done really quickly; one even got it at like level 65. The experience has left one of the guys bitter and scarred, however, as is revealed every time one of us accidentally gets an exploration achievement while cruising around on our epic flyers.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    we had a couple of guildies that got the "explore northrend" thing done really quickly; one even got it at like level 65. The experience has left one of the guys bitter and scarred, however, as is revealed every time one of us accidentally gets an exploration achievement while cruising around on our epic flyers.

That quest in the troll zone that takes you on a tour made me laugh.. it's gives you discovery xp for every sector in the zone, except for one tiny spot in the middle of the map. Makes that quest worth over 30,000!

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I didn't do much exploration prior to getting my flappy back, so I had no idea one could even get to Sholazar that early. I thought the only way you could get there to begin with without a flyer was the "quest" that took you there from Dalaran's flight pad.

There's an entrance from Borean, near the nothern horde outpost.

xzzy on
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do the mounts from Strath and ZG still drop these days?

Laonar on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes, and the strath mount has an increased chance to drop. It's 1% now.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really should try to farm for the mount more.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Me too

I really have too much to do. Go back and get old achievements by running old vanilla instances. Finish up questing in Northrend, PvP for honor in the new BG's, Do more heroics for gear, or go back and farm old rep/titles.

AAAAUUUGGGHG

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Me too

I really have too much to do. Go back and get old achievements by running old vanilla instances. Finish up questing in Northrend, PvP for honor in the new BG's, Do more heroics for gear, or go back and farm old rep/titles.

AAAAUUUGGGHG

Jerk, you just reminded me I need to try the new BG. :(

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    So how hard would UD Strat be to solo? I was thinking about having a go at it tonight for the achievement, but my DK is only 71. Would this be a complete exercise in futility?

I'm in the middle of my attempt at this, and the biggest problem I'm running into is the disease that keeps you from regenerating health. I have no built-in way to dispel it, so I have to try and use Death Strike as my primary means of healing. It might be easier in Blood spec.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I farmed it succesfully at level 74 as unholy. 26 runs and I got the mount. The only problems I had were gargoyles patting right on top of me bringing 10+ mobs on me, in which case Unholy's AoE shined.
    So how hard would UD Strat be to solo? I was thinking about having a go at it tonight for the achievement, but my DK is only 71. Would this be a complete exercise in futility?

I'm in the middle of my attempt at this, and the biggest problem I'm running into is the disease that keeps you from regenerating health. I have no built-in way to dispel it, so I have to try and use Death Strike as my primary means of healing. It might be easier in Blood spec.

That disease is only recieved from the undead in the first 3 groups of the service entrance. They can all be avoided by hugging the east wall very tightly.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »
    I farmed it succesfully at level 74 as unholy. 26 runs and I got the mount. The only problems I had were gargoyles patting right on top of me bringing 10+ mobs on me, in which case Unholy's AoE shined.

That disease is only recieved from the undead in the first 3 groups of the service entrance. They can all be avoided by hugging the east wall very tightly.

Is this true? I thought all elite undead zombies give this disease? I did it with my hunter and had it a lot.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The biggest issue I had at 70 was Eyes spawning in places where it was impossible to kill them without pulling a large pack of mobs I wanted to avoid (ghoul packs, basically). If you're a class with better tanking capabilities though, you should be fine ... I was on my Rogue, and I didn't have the ability to kill the three ghouls at once without dieing, even if I had Evasion at the time.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Laonar wrote: »

Is this true? I thought all elite undead zombies give this disease? I did it with my hunter and had it a lot.

It might have changed (Farming it was my first time ever running strat) but yah, those 3 groups are the only ones that give that particular disease. The ghouls give an annoying one, but nothing as bad as that.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Laonar wrote: »

Nope, it's only those first 3 big groups, and you can avoid them by hugging the left wall as well

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just the skellies.

As per the is it possible question. Yes, very much so, depending on your class. DK's Pallies and Warriors can all easily solo the place, not sure about the other classes, I know my Rogue couldn't.

At 70 with my Ret Pally I cleared the place in about 15 minutes, skipping most mobs and just plowing through everything.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Either way having it sucks... couldnt eat food and had to wait for it to tick than bandage quickly.

Laonar on
This discussion has been closed.