As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dee Ehn Dee: it's dynomite!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    The halfling has ridden on my back into battle

Ninja Halfling Rocket Horn Shooter.

sarukun on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    The halfling has ridden on my back into battle

This is pretty wonderful.

Just wanted to say.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    man you have no idea how hard it is to find a photo of robotic richard simmons.

I have some idea.

sarukun on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So what else is in the PHB II?

I mean besides 8 awesome classes and new player races. Does it duplicate all the PHB rules or does depend upon owning the first book?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    So what else is in the PHB II?

I mean besides 8 awesome classes and new player races. Does it duplicate all the PHB rules or does depend upon owning the first book?

Nah, it just includes the revisions made to the PHB rules. Basically the changes to Stealth.

It's got good info on creating custom Backgrounds like the ones in the Character Builder. There's also the racial paragon paths, new feats, new (not terribly great) epic destinies, and new items (mostly for the new classes.) It definintely requires the first book though.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So when is PHBII going to be released?

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tomorrow, isn't it¿

Straightzi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whoa holy shit my question mark just flipped on its ass

What the fuck

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    35 bucks for it, hm....?

sarukun on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My Amazon pre-order says $20 and releasing tomorrow. Custom background creation guide ought to be nice to have, although it's pretty easy to see what's their standard template in adding 1 or 2 additional +1/+2 skills.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh snap.

sarukun on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God bless Amazon

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm... on the one hand, I want to buy this now.

On the other hand, I'm leaving on holiday to Japan next week and probably won't be able to digest it all before then.

Decisions, decisions.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    $20? Damn, tempting.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, I'm looking into getting some miniatures that better represent my character. What are some good model lines? I really only know of Rackham and Games Workshop, neither of which seem to fit the idea I've got going on.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Callius wrote: »
    So, I'm looking into getting some miniatures that better represent my character. What are some good model lines? I really only know of Rackham and Games Workshop, neither of which seem to fit the idea I've got going on.

Reaper has a lot of stuff, and there website has ALL of their minis tagged under various categories. I can't recall if you can order direct, but they give you product codes/names.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, I ordered it. I'm looking to dual into a sorcerer with my warlock anyway, and I'm sure the new items/feats/rituals will be useful.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That Chaos sorcerer stuff in the preview looks hella fun.

Not necessarily useful, but the idea that yeah, this shit is going to get crazy tickles me pink for some reason.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wait what preview

Someone link me up

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They brought back Chromatic Orb, and it is awesome.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I always preferred Prismatic Sphere myself.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Well, I ordered it. I'm looking to dual into a sorcerer with my warlock anyway, and I'm sure the new items/feats/rituals will be useful.

Jared's grabbed a copy too. Oh, and we have game happening at 2:00 PM on Saturday. Be at my place around 1:30ish (or let me know if I need to change it).

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Okay, disregard that PM, then.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TOO LATE

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait what preview

Someone link me up

Preview is paid D&D insider content. Wait twelve hours and just look at the book, it'll be less of a headache in the long run.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    OH NO

who is playing this weekend, anyway? Will Jared and Evan both be there? Will we have five players?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Evan's being a bitch and not answering his phone. Jared has scheduling issues, and won't make it 'til 4ish if he can make it at all. We might be at a measily 3, but the show must go on.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Alrighty.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    What's that in your sig, Mori?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    Wait what preview

Someone link me up

Preview is paid D&D insider content. Wait twelve hours and just look at the book, it'll be less of a headache in the long run.

Ah

I never really managed to justify getting that, yeah

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    What's that in your sig, Mori?

Jardinains 2, a fiendishly addictive breakout clone with asshole gnomes.

The demo is linked in my sig.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    Wait what preview

Someone link me up

Ah

I never really managed to justify getting that, yeah

I've been hearing good things about it, the compendium is supposed to be pretty nice and I was playing around with the character builder last night and it seemed useful.

I might cough up the money for a subscription, especially if I'm going to be DMing soon.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I have a subscription, and the character builder is fucking sweet.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    seriously, it takes all the little bits of math where you're looking at your sheet saying "Wait, did I add this bonus, am I using this power right?" and does it for you.

Not to mention that it's regularly updated with new content from Dungeon and Dragon, and the newer sourcebooks.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One thing I was wondering about were these background things. Are they just an optional character choice that a DM allows to give you a mechanical benefit for writing a backstory?

Because that's kind of neat, I was talking to Fabricate about which one his warlock would have and given his incredibly poor luck, we figured Born Under a Bad Sign would be extremely appropriate, especially because he is a Con Warlock so the benefit for it (you may use your highest stat instead of Con to determine starting hitpoints) doesn't even help him at all.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    What background thing?

Oh, right, from the magazines.

Yeah, I like to think they're like an incentive for coming up with a decent history behind a character beyond "Hey I have a sword."

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    It makes character building a lot easier yeah. I spent this morning (4am) doing a few, rather enjoyable.

A Genasi Druid and a Doppleganger Bard who turns into the characters he's singing about.

whoo

Fabricate on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fabricate wrote: »
    It makes character building a lot easier yeah. I spent this morning (4am) doing a few, rather enjoyable.

A Genasi Druid and a Doppleganger Bard who turns into the characters he's singing about.

whoo

Oh my goodness

That bard idea is the best idea ever

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I once ran a Changeling in a game where the other party members didn't realize I was the "old man in the tavern," their new elven guide, and the dwarf they hired to help them with their quest until halfway through their dungeon crawl.

Good luck trying to convince them that you're on their side after that.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    It is hilarious and I want to play him sometime

probably the next campaign I end up being in.

Fabricate on
This discussion has been closed.