As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Demon Phalla of Fleet Street [Finale: The Funeral Pyre | Village Victory!]

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    kime wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Hmm? Well someone has been killed by the mafia each night, so wouldn't that show that at least one mafia member has been active the whole time (and therefore not replaced)?
    Mafia kills could have been RNGed if no one sent any orders in.

Well balls.

Man, it's always "oh there could be a 3rd neutral team" with you! Just once I'd like to have the rules work like I think they would!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Heh BlueBlue, i remember the first phalla i played with Kime, his role was evil and he could only kill people who quoted him, like you just did

how many roles do we suppose there are anyway?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait what?? That was not me! I've only been evil once, in a short mini where I died really early. . . .
    But if I were evil, with the exact same role, then BlueBlue is dead, *evil laugh*

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    now now Brian. That could be logic used for anything.

Convince that you're not evil.

Or try to at least.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wait what?? That was not me! I've only been evil once, in a short mini where I died really early. . . .
    But if I were evil, with the exact same role, then BlueBlue is dead, *evil laugh*

really that wasnt you in the zombie phalla? i dont remember then, it was probably someone else and i just replaced them with you in my mind.

now now Brian. That could be logic used for anything.

Convince that you're not evil.

Or try to at least.

1. Thorgot accused me from day 1, before it even started, if i were evil, i would have taken him out long ago

2. I havent accidentally killed a good char with abilities like thorgot did

3.Voting for McGuffin means your not voting for me, which is better than voting for me, because then i dont die, and i like not dying

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Heh BlueBlue, i remember the first phalla i played with Kime, his role was evil and he could only kill people who quoted him, like you just did

how many roles do we suppose there are anyway?

Well! There really aren't too many characters in the story.

Todd Sweeny
    Lucy Sweeny
    Lovett
    Toby
    Borat
    Turpin
    Turpin's lacky the sheriff
    Joanna
    That guy who likes joanna.

I think that's it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Alright.

Who has a quick, concise case to make against Brian?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    In the big Zombie Phalla in D&D, I was a super-vig/self-guard/awesome character who got targeted by the single ability that could kill me before I got to do anything grrrrrr (lots of resentment still here. . . )

In the little one here I had pretty much no abilities either way.

Dunno which one you were talking about.

Killing the guy who accuses you can cast suspicion on yourself, and can be used as a defense at times like now, so isn't a good defense in my opinion.

To lonelyahava: I think I'm voting for Brian, but I have no real case against him. There really isn't much evidence either way today I think.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Blueblue

I think you look better in... REDRED

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I thought it was dee that thor accused.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

1. Thorgot accused me from day 1, before it even started, if i were evil, i would have taken him out long ago

Not necessarily true. Killing thorgot might have drawn attention to you if there weren't any other better leads.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    !Blueblue

I think you look better in... REDRED

Tsk. No reason at all? You make it impossible to defend myself!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thats the way THELAW works, boy :D

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Alrighty then.

I've relooked over everything, and I've weighed and considered my options.

I've seen the mafia claim their kill as a vig kill before.

I've see the vig not want to come out and say "NUH-UH!" cause they didn't want to be revealed this early before.

Coming out to the thread this early as a reveal, just because you got a cool role that you haven't had before seems kinda... fishy.

And not in the good, Obbi, Everything's Peaceful kinda way.

Revealing this early, in above stated circumstances, and then asking for specials/people to contact you seems.... off to me. Shady even, some might say.

So, while I do not like the evidence presented to me on EB, MacG, and Blue....

At least, not yet....

I'm going to have to go with my instincts, which granted tend to suck, alot lately, and vote for !thorgot

Although, pending new discussion and new evidence, I just might change my mind.

Or, pending the addition of chocolate to my system, I might change my mind.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So! I think I will not be staying up for the verdict this time. So far, if I have tallied things correctly...
    blueblue - 3
    macguffin - 4
    element brian - 5
    thorgot - 1
    lonelyahava - 1
    Very brave, being the sole voter toward a person with proven kill power.

edit - the descriptionless votes really just slay me, who knows what you people are thinking. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING HUH

doubledit - well that's 13 total but I think everyone's voted so perhaps i fail at counting :(

finaledit - oh there it was

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Lonelyahava

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    lonely and b:l as awesome as it might be to take out thorgot, i'd like to offer you to uhh vote for mcguffin, ya know, just so i dont have to take the hit

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lonely and b:l as awesome as it might be to take out thorgot, i'd like to offer you to uhh vote for mcguffin, ya know, just so i dont have to take the hit

You'd have to hit me with a pretty good PM to convince me, but I'm all ears.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    but but B:L!

I thought I was your sweetie pie!

Now I'm all sad.

Oh, and Brian...

I echo with B:L just asked of you.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I dont have any defense because i dont have any role, thorgot is already the cause of 1 good guys death and another villager, ive simply been sitting here trying to get the hang out things, this is only my second phalla

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thorgot as evil... it doesn't make sense to me. Certainly there is a vigilante and if it isn't thorgot, they are obviously cooperating since thorgot called the target. Are you all who think thorgot is evil thinking that evil team just gets two kills a night, or do you think that he is on his own team, with his own objectives (and if so, what are they)?

Meanwhile I think if he is good vig, then calling all the specials is a good course of action. At the very least, if two people claim to have the same role, then he knows at least one of them is lying.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thorgot as evil... it doesn't make sense to me. Certainly there is a vigilante and if it isn't thorgot, they are obviously cooperating since thorgot called the target. Are you all who think thorgot is evil thinking that evil team just gets two kills a night, or do you think that he is on his own team, with his own objectives (and if so, what are they)?

There isn't necessarily a vig. Look at your last sentence: if the baddies get two kills, and that accounts for it, that doesn't really count as a vig.

My personal opinion is that thorgot is a good-neutral vig. As in, he has to kill the same people we do, with some random stipulation that adds on to that. I would have thought it was to keep Johanna alive (wouldn't that have alived with the Judge's interests?), but it could simply be to survive or something.

Edit to your edit: If he is proven, somehow, as good, then yes, definitely giving him information on all the specials is the best idea. That, I hope, is clear to everyone.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm not saying that Thorgot is evil.

I'm just saying that it's not unheard of for a mafia member to claim that they're a vig and cover up the mafia's kill that night.

Nobody has convinced me otherwise on anybody else that has votes on them.

If somebody can, then I'll change.

but there's 16minutes left

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, yes instead of "there is a vigilante" I should have said "there are two non-vote kills happening". Either way, it seems like the only options are 'he is good (enough) vig' or 'evil gets two kills'.

Playing the odds, which is more likely - dual-kill villains or good vigilante?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ummm. . . . did you just erase the possibility of a neutral?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Who? me or Blue?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    kime poor kime, wont you help me out kime? please?? come on...

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Who? me or Blue?
    Blue.

And what, Brian? What do you want me to do. . . ?

Edit: Oh, I see. If I change my vote to MacGuffin, you survive. Why do I want to do that again? Really, all three of you (Blue, Brian, and MacGuffin) are just as likely to be evil at this point.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Who? me or Blue?
    Blue.

And what, Brian? What do you want me to do. . . ?

change your vote for me to mcguffin, ive only got a little bit of time left, and hopefully someone else will get in here to fix the vote in my favor, that is, not dying

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't be begging kime...

you should be begging me....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ummm. . . . did you just erase the possibility of a neutral?

Yeah I did. Like I've said before I can't imagine a turpin whose victoly doesn't include getting rid of the todd and the others. No one yet has brought up a feasible neutral win-case. Perhaps you have one! Keep in mind that I have actually never encountered one and have no idea what they are like.

Heh. Kime is a pretty good person to beg since it would bring brian ahead instead of just reaching a tie.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm thinking about it just because you are more active. Active is usually good. . ..

To BlueBlue: Here, a simple one: Survive. That work for you? Yeah, I agree that getting rid of Todd is more likely, but surviving could fit perfectly well.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't be begging kime...

you should be begging me....

umm i wont jump on any bandwagon for you should it arise?

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well now see, if you are bribing, that's different. Same offer to me?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm thinking about it just because you are more active. Active is usually good. . ..

To BlueBlue: Here, a simple one: Survive. That work for you? Yeah, I agree that getting rid of Todd is more likely, but surviving could fit perfectly well.

....well let me ask you this - does a neutral win preclude a villager win? It seems like the villager's win conditions don't include "and judge turpin has to die".

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    that's not a good offer to make, my dear Brian.

Because if it turns out that a bandwagon against me does happen and you don't vote for me, and i do turn up evil (which I'm not but hey), then you'll be all looked at askance again and that wouldn't be good for your blood pressure.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Deal

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited December 2008

....well let me ask you this - does a neutral win preclude a villager win? It seems like the villager's win conditions don't include "and judge turpin has to die".

The conversation that will result from that comment has the potential to be very long and repetitive and boring. I've been in it too many times for my taste :|. Let's just simplify it and say that if he is neutral he is dangerous (but not "bad", persay) and the situation changes greatly.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    that's not a good offer to make, my dear Brian.

Because if it turns out that a bandwagon against me does happen and you don't vote for me, and i do turn up evil (which I'm not but hey), then you'll be all looked at askance again and that wouldn't be good for your blood pressure.

Haha, so what you mean to say is "that's a good deal to make". You're like concerned for his well-being and acting against it at the same time.

kime - what

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Deal

OK, then. Retract Brian, and Vote BlueBlue

kime on
    Steam profile