As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-phalla] Calvin and Hobbes - GAME OVER

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, there's not going to be anything to figure out from my vote for Toxic.

I will always vote for him given the chance.

My battle with Toxic goes back long before Roo and Maximus!

But not as fiercely. I wrote a 1000+ word fan fic on our hate.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    But Mine was first!!!

Dammit.

Don't make me try and outdo your fanfic.

Please?

I would have to like.. jump off my couch...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    F - fanfic? D:

Wildcat on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Although... I have written a small story based on the outcome of Phallout.....

dammit....

I wrote fanfic.

I must cry now

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    All of your fanfics pale in comparison to the one I have written.

Trust me, there's no competition.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You can't leave it like that, with no details!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    F - fanfic? D:

It was really bad.

Do you want the link?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I can one better the offer of a link

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FANFIC-OFF!
    I'm so sorry.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FANFIC-OFF!
    I'm so sorry.

I despise you and everything you stand for! SO MUCH!!!

Note:: This is long.
    Note:: This is not the source of my feud with Toxic.
    Note:: If you have a heart, this will make you at least slightly emotional
    Note:: It was written in half an hour. Be kind.
    October 15--

It was hot. Well of course it was hot. We were all out in the wastelands. It is always hot in the wasteland. But hey, at least I still have those nuka colas, right?

The long walk from the Vault had been hard, but Toxic had been there for me, holding my hand and keeping me steady, even as the unimaginable grief took over me at times. He had been there at my side since we started on this crazy stupid journey, and without him and RU, it would have been almost impossible to keep going. All those children. And the babies. All the dead that scattered and ground, and the injured. I had done my best to patch them up, but there were just some things that couldn't be fixed. Just some things that were nowhere close to being fixable.

But I did the best that I could to help those that were injured. And then, when the vault door slammed closed, and there was no option but to keep walking, Toxic had been there at my side, he had taken my arm and we had marched on. Broken-hearted, distraught, and thirsty. Always so thirsty. Nuka cola only quenches thirst just so much, you know. Eventually, all you want is a tall glass of water. But the water out here is so contaminated that if you take one drop of it, you would shrivel up and die instantly.

November 22--

Somehow though, we had made it through the wasteland and we even found a relatively small town that had been abandoned. We settled in and took care of each other as best we could. Humans, mutants, robots, all of us. We worked together as a community should, all of us carrying those memories with us of that vault and the things that we had done. There were a few people, other stragglers from other vaults, that came wandering into the village and ended up staying with us. Things were peaceful for a while. There was even a boxing tournament every year. Toxic won. Every year. Even against that robot Gumpy.

Of course, I had to bandage Toxic up after each bout, but that was really not that bad at all. He never complained. And neither did I. Time passed and our friendship grew a bit more, just like I did. He never seemed to get any older, but I know that I did. He was soon not the only guy in town to pay attention to me. Well, that might have happened when I outgrew those overalls and actually had to put on clothes that fit me. Let me tell you, breasts are annoying as hell to have.

But Toxic was the only one that I actually had any eyes for, he had been since we met that first day back so long ago. When he had been boxing, and I had been stripping. Hey, you do what you can for money, right? He had complimented me later on and made me blush, and I had given him one of my cherished colas. So he started to call me his Stripper Cola Girl. Kinda cute, right?

December 15--

Well, I have gushed on and on about Toxic, but there is another love of my life that lives here in the village, and that would be RU. Yeah, he happens to be a mutant. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He is a completely nice old guy, if you ignore the things that are growing out of him. And he makes a fantastic doctor. I have been to see him a lot lately, actually. Something keeps bothering me, like I just have this problem where I can not stop coughing. It is getting really annoying. It is starting to keep Toxic up at night, when he needs to be out in the fields early in the morning.

And it is starting to get bad. Like, coughing complete with bloody phlegm and everything. I would be scared, but i have RU taking care of me, and I have seen him in action, he can fix just about anything in the world that is bothering a person. I know that he can fix me. I know that he can.

He has to be able to fix me, not just for my sake, but for Toxic. And for Rachelle. How could I leave my baby here alone with just Toxic and RU to take care of her? They honestly do not have the faintest idea of how to take care of a baby. Rachelle needs me, and so does Toxic. He can make fallow fields bear fruit, and he can box a robot to the ground, but he does not even know which end of the baby's diaper is which. They would both die without me.

December 20--

So, I have decided that I am not allowed to be sick. It is almost time for Christmas and I refuse to be sick on Christmas. It is just something that is not done. But I can tell that I might not have a choice. When RU holds my hand and looks so sadly down at me while I am laying there hacking and coughing up blood and parts of my lungs, I can tell. When Toxic took Rachelle away from me and let her spend some time with a few of the other villagers, I could tell. When Toxic spends the last few nights sitting in the corner of our small cottage, watching me as I shiver from the cold that will not stop, and he is crying, I know that there is nothing that I can do.

But I am going to fight this sickness, I am going to make this go away. There is nothing that I can not do. I am a strong woman and I have survived out here in this wasteland this long. There is nothing so strong that it can break my spirit.

Nothing.

December 26--

I made it through Christmas. I got to see Rachelle's first christmas, and her presents when she opened them. Toxic got her a small noise maker that he made from the remains of a few robots that we found on the way here. He also gave me a necklace made from the deathclaws that had attacked us on our trek. He was crying softly as he linked it around my neck and kissed the top of my head. He said something about wanting me to remember what it was like being young and free.

Then he took Rachelle back to the neighbors and he left her there, coming back to sit with me, holding my hand into the night.

I tried to tell him that I was still a strong girl, still young and free. And that I would be up in no time to help him fight the deathclaws if they ever came near our baby, Rachelle, or our friends here in our village. But the words would not come from my throat, and I honestly do not know where I am getting the strength to write this out. I am feeling so tired.

Just a small nap.

December 31--

I made it to the New Year. Almost. Ru says I will be lucky if I make it through the night. He has finally told me that there is nothing that can be done for me. I do not want to die. I want to watch my baby grow up to be a beautiful girl. I want to watch her run and play with the other kids here, I want to watch her break her first heart. I do not want to die. I am not ready to die.

I want just a little bit longer for this earth. I want to love Toxic for as long as I can, I want to die many years in the future, laying down next to him in our old age.

He has not stopped crying for the last few hours. Alternately holding my hand and then leaving to go be with Rachelle, the poor girl does not even know what is going on.

I hope she will remember her mother.

I hope somebody will remember me.

I do not want to die.

January 3--

For the purposes of record keeping, let it be known that Ahava Toys passed from this earth on the morning of January 2nd. She was surrounded by her friends and her family that loved her. She fought the wasting sickness as well as she was able to, but there was nothing that anybody could do. Her body was burned in the manner that everything is when it is infected, but her ashes were buried beneath the apple tree that RU and Toxic helped her to plant, so that one day her daughter Rachelle could have a swing to play on.

She will be missed dearly by all those who had been at the Vault with her.

She will not be forgotten.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    OH MY GOD.

And now I have to write another to one up that.

DAMN YOU!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I take it that was a good OH MY GOD?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I take it that was a good OH MY GOD?

Quite the opposite.

Though I think mine was much worse.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I really don't like you anymore, Roo.

Hmph.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !TT

Not to be confused with TTR.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Hmph.

Come on, its fanfic!

It's supposed to be bad! I was really giving you a complement for staying so true to the genre!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Hmph.

Come on, its fanfic!

It's supposed to be bad! I was really giving you a complement for staying so true to the genre!

Well fiiinneeeee

Doens't mean I like you anymore.

Meaniepoohead.

I only wrote it to help out FreeAgent on his Nano.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Hmph.

Come on, its fanfic!

Well fiiinneeeee

Doens't mean I like you anymore.

Meaniepoohead.

I only wrote it to help out FreeAgent on his Nano.

So did I!

Mannnnnn, now I feel bad.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    hmmm Maybe I'll write another one..

damn you, Roo. Damn you.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    You can't leave it like that, with no details!

The last time I posted a link to this story, some dude put an excerpt, along with the link, in his sig.

So you're just going to have to take my word for it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You are an evil and mean tease, VH.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Did I vote?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Considering the explicit nature of the fic, I'm surprised I didn't get infracted when I posted it last time.

Edit: Oh for fuck's sake, Kilroy...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Considering the explicit nature of the fic, I'm surprised I didn't get infracted when I posted it last time.

It's gone.

I'm not a complete asshole, after all. I just love to tease you. <3

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Kilroy wrote: »

It's gone.

I'm not a complete asshole, after all. I just love to tease you. <3

Oh man, I was all set to say "STAY CLASSY, KILROY!"

But yeah, if you really want to find it, the proper search string in D&D would probably turn it up.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Rofl_botRofl_bot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !toxic toys

Rofl_bot on
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 3309 6831 1937
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, sorry to change gears from the . . . . umm. . . enlightening fanfic topic, but since my life is possibly on the line, anyone got a vote count?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I should vote....for kime!

Why?

I do not know.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hey.

We haven't been talking about fanfic for a few hours.

you're late to the party, as always kime.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    People were talking about fan fiction????

Cause I got some juicy fanfiction in my pants.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    :| it's not my fault I'm late! I blame. . . umm. . . Toxic! It's all his fault! He's evil and made me late to the party!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have not once commented on or wrote fan fiction.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    But you were a star in my fanfic! *L*

And yes, Sabs. Roo and I were sharing our shame.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shoot, did I forget to vote? Quick, someone tell me who is our best bet.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Toxic Toys if you listen to the network head, me if you listen to one individual who is overreacting to some private advise I gave.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    YOu should vote for Toxic.

Because he's an evil evil evil betrayer that is bad.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't think I've voted. Go go gadget !Toxic Toys.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't think I've voted. Go go gadget !Toxic Toys.
    Oh don't think I didn't see that :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    :whistle:

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    *pokes roo with a stick*

lonelyahava on