Options

[Wii] CORE Games of 2009 - The hardcore you've been waiting for(?)

1151617181921»

• Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    the music throughout really didn't impress me, but I like the story mood that they seem to be running with. Main bloke kinda has a Han Solo feel.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i swear, i can't help but burst out laughing during that first half. lordy lordy. when that cactaur starts dancing....

Guek on
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ampix wrote: »
    On another note, I love exchange rates:

Awesome Australian HOTD:O collector's edition pack with 2, yes 2 hand cannons

Shipped to my door for only 50 euros!

Fuck me I need this.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Crystal Bearers actually looks really rather promising, there.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Agreed, it's actually looking pretty good. Then again, I really liked the original Chrystal Chronicles. I don't think this will be multiplayer though, which is something of a pity.

Let's just hope the gameplay will be fun and Square will keep the retarded stories they always use somewhat mellow.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Agreed, it's actually looking pretty good. Then again, I really liked the original Chrystal Chronicles. I don't think this will be multiplayer though, which is something of a pity.

Let's just hope the gameplay will be fun and Square will keep the retarded stories they always use somewhat mellow.

I thought multiplayer was the entire point of the CC series; are they really getting away from that with Crystal Bearers?

Darian on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Have we heard any more about that Snoopy game?

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Darian wrote: »

I thought multiplayer was the entire point of the CC series; are they really getting away from that with Crystal Bearers?

Crystal Bearers is the single-player take on the CC world, while the other cross-platform CC title is for multiplayer.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so yeah this finally seems like a game worth looking forward to. something that i need to play, not that im surprised.
    well, actually i am, i thought the long radiosilence was because they had decided to start from scratch or something (wasnt the last trailer 2005?), so what have they done instead i wonder? filled the game with unimaginable amounts of polish and content?

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    :o Square-Enix, as usual, sets the bar for how good games can look. They've been able to pull dark sorcery out of the DS and PSP, and now that's easily the best-looking Wii game I've seen yet. I like the action-RPG kind of feel I'm getting from the vibe, and I hope it's fairly robust. I'm playing through FFCC: Ring of Fates on DS right now and while it's pretty good, the combat still feels too simplistic for my tastes.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ring of Fates technically improved on the gameplay aspect, but it lacked all of the spirit that the original had.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    :o Square-Enix, as usual, sets the bar for how good games can look. They've been able to pull dark sorcery out of the DS and PSP, and now that's easily the best-looking Wii game I've seen yet. I like the action-RPG kind of feel I'm getting from the vibe, and I hope it's fairly robust. I'm playing through FFCC: Ring of Fates on DS right now and while it's pretty good, the combat still feels too simplistic for my tastes.

It looks good but I don't see anything better than FF12 there. Not that that's a bad thing, FF12 looked awesome.

If I remember I heard the main character is sort of a superhero archetype, which is funny since it looks like his power is basically Syndrome's zero-point energy. :)

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heh heh, it's like Sqeenix took their sky pirate archetype and threw some cowboy in there. And I like it.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    On another note, I love exchange rates:

Awesome Australian HOTD:O collector's edition pack with 2, yes 2 hand cannons

Shipped to my door for only 50 euros!

Fuck me I need this.

This is so good.

What's that in £? About 40? Pretty awesome deal.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Best price I can find for somewhere that will ship out of Australia comes to £68, but I am still looking.

LewieP on
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Crystal Bearers looks kooky. Can't wait. I'm digging the main character's design too.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks like Tenchu: Shadows Assassins will likely end up as a high 7's game (based on my non scientific assumptions). So, fun but flawed.

Nintendo Power gave it as 7.0:
    Shadow Assassins is a solid stealth title that can be both fun and frustrating, a mix of truly impressive features and clumsy missteps. [Feb 2009, p.88]

And some site that I've never heard of (Gameplayer?) gave it a 9.0:
    Gameplayer wrote:
    Perhaps best of all, though, the developer has managed to create a graphically rich and detailed version of 13th Century Japan that’s positively dripping with atmosphere.

Read Full Review

I'm curious to see what IGN says, as I'm thinking about picking it up. If it's a 7's or 8's game it will probably get my money.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mother of fuck. That video is making me want to go out and buy every DS game that has the words "Final Fantasy" on the cover.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That video looks pretty sweet. Nice to know the past year of worry that it was canned was unfounded and it was just more of Square being tight lipped about their games.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Best price I can find for somewhere that will ship out of Australia comes to £68, but I am still looking.

Uh the website I linked to supports international shipping, and shipping to Holland was 8 AUD, which brings the total to 98 AUD, which is about £45.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Really liking the Crystal Bearers video.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm really looking forward to both FF on Wii and ps3. I think it says a lot that the actual gameplay looks much more fun on Crystal Bearers, at least from what little I've seen.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Guek on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes, I just saw that this morning. I really can't get enough pre-release hype for this game. Want.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    New Mario and Luigi 3 trailer (This might have been posted before, I remember seeing a trailer on here recently, but I can't find it)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44848.html

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Trus wrote: »
    New Mario and Luigi 3 trailer (This might have been posted before, I remember seeing a trailer on here recently, but I can't find it)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44848.html

The thought of playing pretty much the entire game in the guts of another character is creepy as fuck.

I mean, I had trouble with Jabu Jabu for fuck's sake.

That being said, I need to finish the original, which I've never done.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can someone post the order of the mario and luigi games?

is it M&L superstar saga>>Partners in time>>this one?

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mts wrote: »
    Can someone post the order of the mario and luigi games?

is it M&L superstar saga>>Partners in time>>this one?

Yup.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah, same here. I actually bought it not long ago, since I never got to play it, but it just kinda fizzled out. Not that I don't like the game, but it happened with Paper Mario as well.

I am sad to see that they replaced the old Bowser sprite, though. 'Cause, really, it doesn't get any better than this

Bowser_walk_east.gif

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    LewieP wrote: »

Uh the website I linked to supports international shipping, and shipping to Holland was 8 AUD, which brings the total to 98 AUD, which is about £45.

It should be pointed out that $98 is almost (Short by $2) the price of most new (And sadly old) games in Australia. So getting the Collectors addition through JB Hifi is cheaper then buying the regular version elsewhere. The lesson in this is JB Hifi is awesome and I need to move to a town that has one.

Road Block on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    M&L3 isn't a Wii game brosephs.

The Crystal Chronicles game that comes out Friday in Japan is.

And its coming here, to these, our United States of America, by the end of March.

Two month turnaround is something of a Square record.

DS/Wii. Online. Improved Ring of Fate system. Droool. Seemless movement between Single and Multiplayer, ala CC classic, but more freedom and the ability to play with anyone on the planet.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    by the way, i only just realized... with all the multiplayerfocus that dragon quest 9 is getting, isnt it very likely they will do the same thing with that one?

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM blox
    - Steven Spielberg involved once again
    - entitled Boom Blox Bash Party
    - due out this Spring
    - more multiplayer options
    - more than 400 new levels
    - expect underwater, space, and other locations
    - online capabilities allow for download of new levels from EA, as well as levels user-created levels from other BBBP owners

“‘Boom Blox Bash Party’ is a wild social gaming experience. We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original ‘Boom Blox’ together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with ‘Boom Blox Bash Party.’” - Steven Spielberg

Guek on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Guek wrote: »
    - due out this Spring
    - online capabilities allow for download of new levels from EA, as well as levels user-created levels from other BBBP owners

“‘Boom Blox Bash Party’ is a wild social gaming experience. We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original ‘Boom Blox’ together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with ‘Boom Blox Bash Party.’” - Steven Spielberg

Awwwww yeeaaaaaaaaaaah!

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »

Yeah, same here. I actually bought it not long ago, since I never got to play it, but it just kinda fizzled out. Not that I don't like the game, but it happened with Paper Mario as well.

I am sad to see that they replaced the old Bowser sprite, though. 'Cause, really, it doesn't get any better than this

Bowser_walk_east.gif

Once they told me I had to find the stars (or whatever, I don't remember) and they labeled the map with all the places I could find 'em, I just went UGGGGGHHH

And I haven't played it since.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh man. Even though I held off on buying Boom Blox until late, I'll probably get Boom Blox 2 immediately when it's released.

Better multiplayer, more levels, new worlds, online capabilities... They've taken an awesome game and given us everything we asked for.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Guek wrote: »
    - due out this Spring

FUCK YEAH!

Bought the day it hits.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Awesome news about the Boom Blox sequel! :^:

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Awesome! I'd been thinking about getting Boom Blox, for the cool physics craze that it was, but now I'll just hold off on getting the sequel. This is a good week people!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009
    ok this is turning into a megathread so everyone back to the normal methods of doing business

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.