As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: 11/14

• Options
    STEVOtheGREATSTEVOtheGREAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I might name my character similar to my name but I think I'll stick with wrestling gear. It just seems more authentic when the characters actually look like wrestlers.

As far as a Penny Arcade Wrestling federation is concerned, I would think we'd have characters with their own egos and whatnot. :?: Wasn't that the idea of a semi-Efed?

Edit: Also, we should probably decide on a overall skill cap so everyone's equal.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm so pissed that I don't have online right now...
    D:

edit: no one knows how to get the table spear on a custom guy?

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Stigma wrote:
    D:

No idea. I figure it's just one of the directional moves. Maybe you have to set your moves to Power. That's all I can think of. High hardcore stats?

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Stigma wrote:
    D:

No idea. I figure it's just one of the directional moves. Maybe you have to set your moves to Power. That's all I can think of. High hardcore stats?
    I'm thinking that if it's anything like the older smackdown games it'll work when I have whatever 'move' on my guy that triggers it.
    Although having the Lashley spear, Edge spear, or either of those guys' stances doesn't work, so I'm up shit creek.

Not like I do a ton of table finishers. It'd just be nice for the blue moon mega kill. ;)

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    We need more people to get this game, and more people to play on Live with us.

Online play is only so much fun as the people you're playing it with. And no mic HHHs and John Cenas piss me off when they don't help at all during tag.

I dream of a regular rules tag team match with partners who tag often and utilize microphones. :D

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Goddamnit my PS2 custom guy is one bad ass motherfucker.
    All done up Stigma Style with his custom made entrace and all that jazz.

Really looks as good as any wrestler already in the game.
    FUCK I WANT INTERNET. SOMEONE GIMME.

Stigma on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm thinking we should shoot for 80-85 points with our PAW CAWs. That will make them more realistic and tactile. We'll really have to decide what their strengths and weaknesses are. I'd like us to lock down an official number and have everyone get their CAW to be at that exact same number, for the sake of fairness.

I'm really annoyed that you can't subtract points from your CAW, at least not that I can tell. Sucks that you can't rework your CAW or coppy him over to make a new CAW and just change the points. :(

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    I'm thinking we should shoot for 80-85 points with our PAW CAWs. That will make them more realistic and tactile. We'll really have to decide what their strengths and weaknesses are. I'd like us to lock down an official number and have everyone get their CAW to be at that exact same number, for the sake of fairness.

I'm really annoyed that you can't subtract points from your CAW, at least not that I can tell. Sucks that you can't rework your CAW or coppy him over to make a new CAW and just change the points. :(

Yeah, it does seem a little retarded. Or that you can't set character limits for custom matches. I like locking in at 89 with a CAW to set a standard and it just sucks when the last guy into a lobby is someone named xXxBIGDADDYxXx and they have a CAW named Mr. Cool who's 99. It makes the game no fun.

I really enjoy the idea of a league but we would probably have to recruit in-game as well to get a nice roster going. I really want to get this going but I don't want it half-assed. :(

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Damn you all. You're really, REALLY tempting me to indulge in a 360 and get some Smackdown on. I usually get bored with wrestling games, but playing online more would help alot.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Add me to the list brotherrr!

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    GoodOmens wrote:
    Damn you all. You're really, REALLY tempting me to indulge in a 360 and get some Smackdown on. I usually get bored with wrestling games, but playing online more would help alot.

Oh my god. You don't even know. Adding Balefuego now and I'll add you as well when you indulge in the power of the 360, brotha! Oooh yeah!

Making CAWs in this and playing them online is a great feeling. I just wish there were more PAers to get some good games going. Tag matches that taste like tag matches, so to speak.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Oh my god. You don't even know. Adding Balefuego now and I'll add you as well when you indulge in the power of the 360, brotha! Oooh yeah!

Making CAWs in this and playing them online is a great feeling. I just wish there were more PAers to get some good games going. Tag matches that taste like tag matches, so to speak.

I'm heading out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe when I get back home I'll make the ritual sacrifice to my Visa card.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dude, you post a picture of Bonesaw and he's not even in the game? Harsh. I almost bought it.

edit : Page 4? Why the fuck didnt any replies show up when I opened this. How long has this window been open?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Dude, you post a picture of Bonesaw and he's not even in the game? Harsh. I almost bought it.

edit : Page 4? Why the fuck didnt any replies show up when I opened this. How long has this window been open?

:lol: Took me a bit to figure out who the hell Bonesaw was.

Accualt on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Waaiiiiit! I just got the game today, but I want to be in whatever it is we're doing.

So what are we doing?

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    NeuralFizz wrote:
    Waaiiiiit! I just got the game today, but I want to be in whatever it is we're doing.

So what are we doing?

Make a wrestling personification of your forum avatar then play through story mode or GM mode and pump him up to a ranking of 80. We are going to get an e-fed going and it will be amazing. Details to come later this week.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    NeuralFizz wrote:

So what are we doing?

Make a wrestling personification of your forum avatar then play through story mode or GM mode and pump him up to a ranking of 80. We are going to get an e-fed going and it will be amazing. Details to come later this week.
    I shall be NEURALFIZZ, WRASSLER OF WRASSLING.

NeuralFizz is the best wreslter,
    He's the bestler,
    Better than all the restler,
    He's got class (he's real fast)
    He'll rule ass (He'll rulllee thatttt aaasssss!)
    Neural....Neural....Fizz.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    NeuralFizz wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    NeuralFizz wrote:

So what are we doing?

He's the bestler,

:^:

Accualt on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    NeuralFizz wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    NeuralFizz wrote:

So what are we doing?

He's the bestler,

[size=hueg]:^:[/size]

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Alright, for anyone looking for a decent looking Jeff Hardy CAW.

http://caws.ws/svr2007/show.php?cat=caws&s=jeff_hardy15
    It says its for the PS2 version, but I've built him on the 360. The face isn't exactly the same but it comes close. I also found that if you give him the nickname "Jeffery" it sounds retarded. Also, his hometown should just be North Carolina, if you add a specific town there's a glitch that says North Carolina twice. Finally, I believe this hairstyle is hacked. If you want a more accurate hairstyle, use 39/50 (I'm going from memory on that, at any rate its the ponytail/let down in the back, and in the style menu choose no ponytail).

A good moveset is:
    http://caws.ws/svr2007/show.php?cat=cams&s=jeff_hardy

As far as an entrance goes, I've heard that generic entrance 07 is as close as it gets.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'll probably be buying this sometime early next year, but I'd love to get in on the action of the eFed. Brings back so many memories. <3

So, we'll do roleplaying, promos, and all that jazz, right?

Kami on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So im half tempted to challenge a certain some one for a certain champion ship belt for a certain Penny from a certain arcade. With some certain lions on it.

Does the certain person accept or do you wann look like a jabroni?

Haha. I'm all there. And if you'd like to defend some PA tag belts with me, we need two more people.

This is a pretty amazing online experience. I was online all night playing it last night. It's addicting...

I gotta say, they did a lot of things right in this game. I'll be adding you very soon.

Feel free to add me as well.

And yeah, the "mash buttons to get up" thing is just infuriating. I had two different matches last night, one was just starting, I go over the top rope first thing and just lay there for 30 seconds while my opponent jumps out, casually saunters over to me, then starts wacking my head against the steps endlessly. The stamina meter for some of those moves are just awful.

Then there was a later match, I pretty much dominated Benoit for nearly 10 minutes, jump to the backstage area, no damage showing on the body meter and every area of Benoit is either yellow or red. He gets a shot in, knocks me down, then puts me in what looked like the crossface over and over and over and over again. Couldn't get out of it, no reversal possibility shown. Just over and over again. Then he gets up, jumps back over to wander around the ring for almost five minutes, during which I'm just lying limply there unable to get up regardless of button mashing, then he comes back and does the headlock another 5 or six times, punches me once to draw blood and the match was over. It frustrated me to the point I nearly kicked in my tv. There is really something wrong with recovery in this game.

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Quick question gang, what types of matches can you play online?

Kami on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Kami wrote:

All of them. Two types you can't make Custom matches of, though. The Rumble and something else.
    I guess you can't really do Money in the Bank proper like on the 360 because it only supports 4 players online but the PS2 does 6. Now that I think about it mayeb I shouldn't trust the instruction book when it says any matches online.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    Kami wrote:

All of them. Two types you can't make Custom matches of, though. The Rumble and something else.
    I guess you can't really do Money in the Bank proper like on the 360 because it only supports 4 players online but the PS2 does 6. Now that I think about it mayeb I shouldn't trust the instruction book when it says any matches online.

Haha, nice.

I was just thinking of TLC matches online, and how much fun it would be to set up spots.

Hell, I might actually buy this next week. I'm impatient. :lol:

Kami on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    We need more people to get this game, and more people to play on Live with us.

Online play is only so much fun as the people you're playing it with. And no mic HHHs and John Cenas piss me off when they don't help at all during tag.

I dream of a regular rules tag team match with partners who tag often and utilize microphones. :D
    Alright, I added you and Devlin to my friend's list. We should set up a game on for a ROYAL RUMMMBLLEEE sometime.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    t- stevothegreat: have you figured out how to challenge people or set up just set up a match for a title belt online.

Once we get that going, it will get crazy fun.

I havent had much of a change to do mess with the game ubt, can you make tag team title belts.

Cuz if you can I can forgive the button mashing to get up just on that alone.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kami wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Kami wrote:

Haha, nice.

I was just thinking of TLC matches online, and how much fun it would be to set up spots.

Hell, I might actually buy this next week. I'm impatient. :lol:

So the online play is good? The previous versions where less than perfect. That and the idiots who gamesharked the game and ruined any fun I could have online.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ok, I Gamefly'd the game so I have no manual, and I have no idea how to do a few things.

How do I raise my CAW's stats? Do I need to be in GM mode? I tried fooling around with it this morning, but I couldn't add my CAW to the roster of wrasslers. Am I missing something?

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Woo, just ordered the game for £25. Thanks Asian region free 360 games with English language options.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, am I allowed to have a wrestler be AI-controlled on xbox live? My friend and I would love nothing more than to smack some bots around, but I can't figure out how to add them to the match.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I haven't a clue if you can use AI online.
    I just did this, took about twenty minutes...
    GM Mode is based almost entirely on popularity, so taking advantage of this is simple. By using the method described below I was able to have a viewer rating in excess of 8 million.

The Method:

1. When starting a new game, draft a new roster and pick a show.
    2. Pick two highly popular wrestlers and sign them both for a year.
    3. Once you have signed the two wrestlers, end your draft.
    4. Now go to the options menu and turn injuries OFF.
    5. To speed up the process, turn card re-run ON in the same menu.

Now you are fully able to hold an event each week that contains multiple matches that would normally injure your roster without any consequences. I fully recommend using this method as the reward for beating GM Mode (infinite experience points for the entire roster, including any and all CAWs created) is more than worth it.

...and it worked. Just make sure to schedule PPVs and re-sign your two stars before Wrestlemania. All my matches on my weekly cards were specialty matches except one. Each show cost $151,000 but the money you are given each week covers that much. Each match was also a title match, each wrestler having one belt at the start of my season.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If anyone could answer this question Ill love you forever.

Ok in tag mode, how do I leave the ring yet stay on the edge so my partner can tag me.

I can only leave the ring and enter the ring, no middle ground.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I seem to recall doing that by hitting A next to the ring apron without moving the stick towards it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Nope. That just gets a weapon.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You have to stand by the ringpost/stairs. You only get the weapon if you are in the middle of the apron.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    By the ringpost, I go up the top rope. By the stairs, I pick up the stairs.

Weird.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    I haven't a clue if you can use AI online.
    I just did this, took about twenty minutes...
    GM Mode is based almost entirely on popularity, so taking advantage of this is simple. By using the method described below I was able to have a viewer rating in excess of 8 million.

The Method:

1. When starting a new game, draft a new roster and pick a show.
    2. Pick two highly popular wrestlers and sign them both for a year.
    3. Once you have signed the two wrestlers, end your draft.
    4. Now go to the options menu and turn injuries OFF.
    5. To speed up the process, turn card re-run ON in the same menu.

Now you are fully able to hold an event each week that contains multiple matches that would normally injure your roster without any consequences. I fully recommend using this method as the reward for beating GM Mode (infinite experience points for the entire roster, including any and all CAWs created) is more than worth it.

...and it worked. Just make sure to schedule PPVs and re-sign your two stars before Wrestlemania. All my matches on my weekly cards were specialty matches except one. Each show cost $151,000 but the money you are given each week covers that much. Each match was also a title match, each wrestler having one belt at the start of my season.
    I ended up doing this too. I made it through about third of the season with Injuries on and playing seriously, but eventually I put it off. I had Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Cena and Edge trading the Heavyweight, Tag and Intercontinental belts back and forth in specialty matches every week, mixed in with Slander, PPV Hype and Title Match Hype. Just to mix things up, I also had an "undercard" of Kane, Flair, Umaga and my CAW dude, as well as Triple Threat/Fatal Fourway Women's Championship matches with Trish, Mickie, Jillian and Torrie. Piece of cake.

Really, turning Injuries off is almost cheating.

Icarus on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    By the ringpost, I go up the top rope. By the stairs, I pick up the stairs.

Weird.

You have to be by the ringpost on the correct "side". For example if your tag partner was standing to the right of the ringpost when he was out, when you tag him in then you have to stand to the left of the ringpost, you wont be able to just stand on the apron in the other spot, you have to be in your designated spot.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Alright, I've finally resolved to get myself a 360, and this will be my first game purchase (with Gears of War). So, hopefully, by Monday or Tuesday I'll be whipping all you fruit-booties. Or, doing the JOB on the PPV, cause I'll probably suck.

I do have a question...when you make a CAW, can you name your finisher? I seem to recall that was an option in earlier Smackdown games, and it would be nice if it was in this one also.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png