Options

Holy shit has it been 10 years already (Also Cartoon Network cartoons = cool)

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, the amount of promos they made for the film was Regoddamnediculous

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Say, what was the name of the episode where Dexter was trapped in the school by a janitor-driven-insane by Dexter's careless messiness?

Okay, so could someone clear up whether the topic is about great canceled cartoons in general, or just the Powerpuff Girls?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    So apparently you could see sarah bellum's face for a brief instant in the newest PPG episode? Anyone manage to get a shot of it?

Edit:
    Managed to catch it.
    sarahbellum.jpg

Morkath on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd like to think it was just about PPG, being the 10 year anniversary and all.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Say, what was the name of the episode where Dexter was trapped in the school by a janitor-driven-insane by Dexter's careless messiness?

Okay, so could someone clear up whether the topic is about great canceled cartoons in general, or just the Powerpuff Girls?

I don't know the name but the guy had a great accent.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone else heard anything on FrankenTimes?

It's that new shit by stamatopolous.

given' moral orals track record, it should be pretty righteous.

pun not intended.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    did williams street do the old toonami music videos?

man those things were fucking great

Williams Street did Toonami Period.

this was something i did not know

Actually a number of artists contributed to the various songs that Toonami had for each show. The most famous songs, many of which are on the Toonami soundtrack Deep Space Bass, were composed by Joe Boyd Vigil. (The song everyone loves that was before DBZ is called "Arabic".)

There's a couple other artists listed on the Wiki section on Toonami's music but from what I've gathered from the couple clips I saw of Toonami's final years, apparently they started using the same sort of tracks that Adult Swim uses for its bumps.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    freakin Bubbles with her Animes.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm cross-posting from the YouTube thread but I figured this is a much-more-appropriate place for this:

I liked the episode where they decide they want to take on different super-hero identities. Blossom becomes a Batman/Captain America/Wonder Woman crossover, Buttercup becomes Spawn and Bubbles becomes a Hello-Kitty knockoff.

Linked here!

edit: I am filled with solutions! Weeeeee!

double-edit:
    Gotta love the Jigglypuff watch on the Mayor.
    15i3hwh.jpg

So...did Buttercup sell he soul to Satan in that one?

Bucketman on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    more likely, she beat on him until he agreed to give her the powers.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Balthy13Balthy13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Trapped With A Vengeance.

Fucking Yanni the Yanitor was fucking incredible. Voiced by Tom Kenny, as well.

Balthy13 on
    pasig.png
    Tweeters: radixius | Blargh: Wordpress | Sounds: Embol | Castpods: Ragecast | Steam | XBL
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    So apparently you could see sarah bellum's face for a brief instant in the newest PPG episode? Anyone manage to get a shot of it?

Reminds me of Home Improvement.

Whenever they had Wilson stand behind something that didn't quite cover his face well enough, I always felt disappointment.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    more likely, she beat on him until he agreed to give her the powers.

Nah, look, it's right there in the episode. There was no deal involved, Satan pretty-much just GAVE her the powers with no contract whatsoever.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    So I'm uploading the video now. Man I've forgotten how great the music in this movie is. It's a shame that you can't get the score soundtrack of this.

Ugh, now I've made myself sad again.

It's a shame that you can't find the Williams Street music that was in that one trailer anywhere.

Because damn...

Oooo, close but no cigar.

I'm talking about the part from :01 to :30

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7ui1qTbBpAk&feature=related

If I recall correctly there was also a pretty sweet music track on the Boy vs. Girl (PPG/Dexter) Marathon commercial.

I could be completely wrong though.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Balthy13 wrote: »

Trapped With A Vengeance.

Fucking Yanni the Yanitor was fucking incredible. Voiced by Tom Kenny, as well.

My economics teacher actually had Tom Kenny as a student when he was in high school

He tells us this and I'm like "Wait. Tom Kenny. Like Spongebob? You taught Spongebob?" "Yes." "Awesome"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

I think it was just her lips and chin

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh No! I've been infected!

My god, the music cue that starts at 2:57...so awesome.

Edit: Is there any way to embed the High Quality version of videos?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also, to this day, the only thing I can say in French?

Omelette du fromage

Me Too! on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    bonjour?

Oui?

you know those you silly man

Raneados on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man i think if i could do one job for the rest of my life, it would be voice acting

that'd be pretty sweet

but i don't have any vocal range at all! if i ever did any it'd just be me talking, kind of like how jonny yong bosch has the same voice for most of the characters he voices

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I love that he got his start doing Power Rangers

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I wish I lived in a place where there were jobs like that.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

for some reason i don't remember him being the black ranger, but i might have stopped watching by then

anyhow the first black ranger was the best one anyway

dude was on motherfucking space cases

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

for some reason i don't remember him being the black ranger, but i might have stopped watching by then

anyhow the first black ranger was the best one anyway

dude was on motherfucking space cases

He came in in like the second season to replace the first dude

Stuck around for another 2 and a half seasons after that, before they replaced most of the cast because they were like "we've been doing this for years let us out"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    man i think if i could do one job for the rest of my life, it would be voice acting

that'd be pretty sweet

but i don't have any vocal range at all! if i ever did any it'd just be me talking, kind of like how jonny yong bosch has the same voice for most of the characters he voices

Steve Blum, I might be wrong, but I can always tell when hes in a role because his voice from role to role almost does not differ at all.

That dosen't make him any less amazing though.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    When I learned that the same guy did Dinobot, Rattrap, and like half of the rest of Beast Wars, it blew my mind

Then I saw a panel with him on it, and they asked him about doing all the voices, and he launched into this little dialog between Dinobot and Rattrap and it was awesome as hell

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »

that'd be pretty sweet

Steve Blum, I might be wrong, but I can always tell when hes in a role because his voice from role to role almost does not differ at all.

That dosen't make him any less amazing though.

that's true, it's very easy to tell when he's voicing a character

he's got like 2 ranges. spike and gay spike (also known as orochimaru), but you're right. he is still very awesome

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

that'd be pretty sweet

Wait, Adam? Who does he voice?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »

that'd be pretty sweet

someone in Bleach I know

Not sure what else but every time he talks your like "OK Adam, you were a frog shut up"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »

that'd be pretty sweet

who doesn't he voice now? it's mostly anime, but he's got vash from trigun, guy in tales of the abyss, ichigo in bleach, lelouch in code geass, and just random bg voices

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    When I learned that the same guy did Dinobot, Rattrap, and like half of the rest of Beast Wars, it blew my mind

Then I saw a panel with him on it, and they asked him about doing all the voices, and he launched into this little dialog between Dinobot and Rattrap and it was awesome as hell

I've met Scott McNeil a few times. Back in 2003 and 2005 we had a little local homegrown anime convention, and I volunteered both times. I got to talk to him for a while "backstage" between panels. Nice guy.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I've met Steve a few times. Back in 2003 and 2005 we had a little local homegrown anime convention, and I volunteered both times. I got to talk to him for a while "backstage" between panels. Nice guy.

he was just being nice so you wouldn't spit on the m&m's they probably paid him with.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I've met Steve a few times. Back in 2003 and 2005 we had a little local homegrown anime convention, and I volunteered both times. I got to talk to him for a while "backstage" between panels. Nice guy.

he was just being nice so you wouldn't spit on the m&m's they probably paid him with.

No, he was a pretty down to earth person. He loves the fans. I meant Scott McNeil, not Steve Blum, BTW.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

No, he was a pretty down to earth person. He loves the fans. I meant Scott McNeil, not Steve Blum, BTW.

None of what you told me is true.

EVERYONE COME LISTEN TO THIS LIARS LIES

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I miss the old school toonami robot

all talking to me during the frieza saga

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

what was that shit where they were like 'TOONAMI IS UNDER ATTACK"

and you helped them by playing that online browser based game...

good times. (i was terrible at that game)

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i remember being awful at that too

also that post made me think of "INCOMING GAME" and now i wanna watch reboot

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

what was that shit where they were like 'TOONAMI IS UNDER ATTACK"

and you helped them by playing that online browser based game...

good times. (i was terrible at that game)

Old school Toonami was the shit

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i remember being awful at that too

also that post made me think of "INCOMING GAME" and now i wanna watch reboot

AVAILABLE NOW FOR ONLY
    mike.jpg
    NINETY NINE NINETY NINE NINETY NINE NINETY NINE NINETY NIIIIIINNNNNE.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i met phil lamarr at an anime convention. he was pretty nice.

billy west was there, too. but i didn't get to talk to him.

i did, however, get to pee next to him

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png