As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Employee Lounge - Where the coffee is cold and the discount non-existent.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I'm trying to line up a new job since I'm forced to work union and we're getting screwed when our parent company gets switched over (After so many total working hours, you get a pay raise. Most of us are getting our hours reset when the company switches hands).

My idea is that once I put my two weeks in, I go rent a video camera and chronical my work day and post it on youtube. The kicker, the kid gloves are off. Be nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Be a dick or rude or generally make the comment "Well I buy their product, you should carry it" will be met with sarcasim.

And to top it off, I plan on hiring a barbershop quartet to sing my goodbye.

(Thank god I put away for the GI bill while I was in the service)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was able to get a 360 during the shortage, no reserve or anything, just walked in and they had one (although it came with a Japanese plug, which always made me suspicious).

I had a couple customers get those from us (when I was still with GS). It's not shady... it's just MS putting a prize in your box.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guy comes into the store today and wants to buy a PS3. We have fuckin loads of em piled up on shelves.

I do the whole advice thing. 20 minutes later he ends up walking away with a 360 and a Wii.

And that wasnt due to me, I was just giving sound advice and asking him what he wanted to play, and what games he liked.

The manager looked pissed cause theyre trying to shift the PS3s. Ill sell one tomorrow though, but it was pretty funny. Im not in serious trouble cause he spent more money than he would have.

We're out of Wiis now though until next month so Ill have to downsell them, apparently. I had my DS out at work too playing Pokemon Diamon (import).

Customer was so desperate to know where I got it. Got em to lay down a fiver for a preorder, gave her 20 minutes on the game while the store was empty. pretty cool.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Archgarth wrote: »
    I love the general, retail rule of thumb. Half this country is at or below average IQ yet still think they're fucking geniuses - and every problem they have is a direct result of you being a retard.

Well I would hope so! :)
    Ammended to reflect my retail experience. Note that their problems are the result of your personal idiocy even if they bought the product at another store, from another retail chain, in another state, more than two years ago, and it was made by a manufacturer whose products you've never carried.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    MasterDebaterMasterDebater Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tigress wrote: »
    Tiemler wrote: »
    The typical customers in my store were the sort who complain that long receipts are "killing trees," and then get in a gas-guzzling vehicle and drive 60 miles home to their poorly-insulated, energy-inefficient gigantic house in the middle of what used to be a forest before they moved in to be close to "nature," bringing Wal-Mart and Starbucks and Cineplex Odeon with them.

Save a tree! Kill a human! :twisted:

I think I'm going to put this on a t-shirt

MasterDebater on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The typical customers in my store were the sort who complain that long receipts are "killing trees," and then get in a gas-guzzling vehicle and drive 60 miles home to their poorly-insulated, energy-inefficient gigantic house in the middle of what used to be a forest before they moved in to be close to "nature," bringing Wal-Mart and Starbucks and Cineplex Odeon with them.

11406585v1_240x240_Front_Color-AshG.jpg

Close enough.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

There's an old saying that I have seen on many a bumper sticker...

"Save a tree. Eat a beaver."

Invisible on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nocren wrote: »

My idea is that once I put my two weeks in, I go rent a video camera and chronical my work day and post it on youtube. The kicker, the kid gloves are off. Be nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Be a dick or rude or generally make the comment "Well I buy their product, you should carry it" will be met with sarcasim.

I'm so puzzled when people complain about a store not stocking the item. Back when I used to work pizza delivery people would ask if we had if we had the most random shit.

Bread, Milk, Batteries, Packs of Smokes, Alcohol (although for a fee: ie a large tip I may stop through the drive through for you) Batteries. I always found it astonishing. We sell pizza, do you know what goes with pizza? Coke and Garlic Bread. That's it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Blaket wrote: »

I'm so puzzled when people complain about a store not stocking the item. Back when I used to work pizza delivery people would ask if we had if we had the most random shit.

Bread, Milk, Batteries, Packs of Smokes, Alcohol (although for a fee: ie a large tip I may stop through the drive through for you) Batteries. I always found it astonishing. We sell pizza, do you know what goes with pizza? Coke and Garlic Bread. That's it.

In high school I worked concessions at a race track. You want the weird questions... People came up there to place bets (No gambling at the track, though the manager at the beer tent kept an illegal and unofficial book), to buy tickets (this always got me, since you couldn't get through to where we were without going through the turnstile and buying a ticket).

Unrelated, but my favorite was this guy who weighed easily 350 pounds who came in every week. "Chilli cheese fries, chilli cheese brat, two chilli cheeseburgers, chilli cheese nachos, chilli cheese chicken strips, popcorn, and a diet coke." He'd then boom, "'Cuz my doctor says I have to go on a diet!" and always looked a bit downtrodden when nobody laughed.

Hevach on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kickass. I am now employed, and at NINE dollars an hour. Sheesh.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Is that good?

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lewisham wrote: »

Is that good?

For retail, yeah.

I'm guessing you're working the backroom, unloading trucks?

I heard that blows pretty hard, but it's good way to get in shape.

Invisible on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Backroom work is awesome. It's much better than working at the tills. It's less repetitive, it's physically stimulating, and you can chill to the radio so it's mentally stimulating too.

Backroom = retail heaven.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hevach wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »

In high school I worked concessions at a race track. You want the weird questions... People came up there to place bets (No gambling at the track, though the manager at the beer tent kept an illegal and unofficial book), to buy tickets (this always got me, since you couldn't get through to where we were without going through the turnstile and buying a ticket).

Unrelated, but my favorite was this guy who weighed easily 350 pounds who came in every week. "Chilli cheese fries, chilli cheese brat, two chilli cheeseburgers, chilli cheese nachos, chilli cheese chicken strips, popcorn, and a diet coke." He'd then boom, "'Cuz my doctor says I have to go on a diet!" and always looked a bit downtrodden when nobody laughed.

I would have just looked him straight in the face and said "He's right, you do. You're going to kill yourself eating like this. I'm not selling you anything."

"NEXT"

Because honestly, a high school concession stand job is worth losing to do that.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I've been there a week, and so far I've seen that, I've had a woman preach to me about how eating meat is evil, and how she's better than everyone because she's vegan ( :roll: ), and I had a guy today give me one of those "awesome" million dollar bills with scripture on the back.

I had a guy once who wandered around the store with a sign on the front of his shirt that said "Ask me why I'm vegan" and on the back it said "Cus there is poop in the meat". That was pretty hilarious.
    Seriously, who prefers paper anymore, anyway? I'm not even far on the environmentalist scale and I feel paper is a retarded way to bag groceries.

I actually prefer bagging groceries in paper. The grocery store I work in uses paper by default and only break out the plastic bags when they are requested (so I have more practice with paper and we don't use those plastic bag racks). I can bag groceries much faster and more securely with paper than plastic. We also have a weekly raffle for customers who bring their own bags, which is definitely a brilliant idea. Spend $25 on a gift card for the winner, plus maybe another $20 or so on the raffle tickets, and save hundreds of dollars each week by giving out fewer bags. Those things cost at least a few cents each.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    noobert wrote: »
    I'm starting to get sick of taking the blame for customers inability to tell me what they actually need their computer for.

Seriously, i inform them that there is a trial of MS office and that they will need to buy the damn thing if they want to use it after it expires. About 50% of people come back 2 weeks later bitching that they didn't know and wanting it for free... or even worse, wanting it to come out of my pay. As soon as that is mentioned you will be getting charged FULL price on everything. Hell, a note goes against your customer details.

Another thing is customers telling me that i said i "WILL" do something, or it should "DEFINATLEY WORK 100%". We never use those words, everything is should, would, could, may, for that fucking reason.

I wish they would tell me exactly what they need to use their system for, then just take my advice/listen to what i fucking say.

When I tech supported PCs I heard that all the time. You know which line I hated? "I paid for it." "It" being the full version of Office or a floppy drive (they don't put those in computers anymore!) or whatever other thing they wanted in their PC. No they didn't pay for it! Does their reciept break down the costs? Does it say $700 PC, $500 MS Office Suite? No it says $1200 PC. That is to say they paid for the PC which contains everything it contains and nothing that you'd like to think that it did but didn't ask for.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Invisible wrote: »

Is that good?

For retail, yeah.

Yeah, I will be doing the "flow team" where I move shit outta trucks and get it onto the shelves. But I'm currently overweight so hey, physical activity I'm all for.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Is that good?

For retail, yeah.

Yeah, I will be doing the "flow team" where I move shit outta trucks and get it onto the shelves. But I'm currently overweight so hey, physical activity I'm all for.

Have fun being a "team member" and assisting your "guests" when you're not in a "team huddle."

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Is that good?

For retail, yeah.

Just do me one favor. When you put out the video games look at them and realize that even though they have the same title you can't put Xbox Games under the Xbox 360 listing. Not only do I have customers bitch, but it throws off product checks. It screws the electronics sales floor team, the product check team (I forgot the term we use for them, I used to do it before they made a team only for it) and the customer.

But otherwise flow team is pretty cool.

Invisible on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    The manager looked pissed cause theyre trying to shift the PS3s. Ill sell one tomorrow though, but it was pretty funny. Im not in serious trouble cause he spent more money than he would have.

I've been in a few EBStops recently, and in each one, there was a guy behind the counter talking shit about the Wii to customers who came in asking about it. Telling them it's great "until you have to turn it on and play a game." And how he has one at home, and he wishes, oh, how he wishes that he could find somebody to sell it to.

Yeah. Pretty fucking pathetic response to a short-supply situation.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »

I've been in a few EBStops recently, and in each one, there was a guy behind the counter talking shit about the Wii to customers who came in asking about it. Telling them it's great "until you have to turn it on and play a game." And how he has one at home, and he wishes, oh, how he wishes that he could find somebody to sell it to.

Yeah. Pretty fucking pathetic response to a short-supply situation.

I've seen the same thing. Not that long ago when they had Wiis on hand and the PS3 was widely believed to be a myth, they were doing the exact opposite, praising how fun the Wii is and telling you about how you just don't even really want a PS3, really.

Hevach on
  • Options
    TigressTigress Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On the subject of Repair Plans for computers, I wish that there was a place on the receipt for the customer to sign that they decided not to purchase one, so when their $500 Acer shits a brick in a few months and they come back and expect us to fix it for free we can point out that we tried to make their lives easier but they wanted nothing of it.

What I love are the people that decide to purchase a plan, then be a dumbass with their very expensive piece of electronic equipment. Like taking their laptop to the pool, leaving the laptop and/or adapter where their teething puppy could get to it, letting there kids fight over it, etc. Then they throw a hissy fit when we say we won't fix it because it falls under "misuse/abuse."

Story time:

A couple of weeks ago, one guy brought in his laptop, with service plan. This thing was wrecked beyond belief. Then the guy told us that his brother punched the laptop. We told him that the service center wouldn't touch it and even showed him in the service plan where it said that. He still wanted us to send it off.

We actually took a picture of the laptop and put that up as wallpaper on one of the bench machines with the caption "Anger Management Anyone?"

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On the subject of Repair Plans for computers, I wish that there was a place on the receipt for the customer to sign that they decided not to purchase one, so when their $500 Acer shits a brick in a few months and they come back and expect us to fix it for free we can point out that we tried to make their lives easier but they wanted nothing of it.

What I love are the people that decide to purchase a plan, then be a dumbass with their very expensive piece of electronic equipment. Like taking their laptop to the pool, leaving the laptop and/or adapter where their teething puppy could get to it, letting there kids fight over it, etc. Then they throw a hissy fit when we say we won't fix it because it falls under "misuse/abuse."

Story time:

A couple of weeks ago, one guy brought in his laptop, with service plan. This thing was wrecked beyond belief. Then the guy told us that his brother punched the laptop. We told him that the service center wouldn't touch it and even showed him in the service plan where it said that. He still wanted us to send it off.

We actually took a picture of the laptop and put that up as wallpaper on one of the bench machines with the caption "Anger Management Anyone?"
    if i were him, i would take that service plan, with the section you pointed to highlighted and circled, and tell him he owed me a new laptop. seriously, thats fucked up.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What I love are college students who have decided that hey, if we just lie and say "I dropped my laptop down the stairs and it landed in a bucket full of water" that my company will just give them a replacement since they have accidental damage coverage.

Then they demand we give them free upgrades at the same time.

I've had these fucks PLAY BACK RECORDED EXCUSES.

"Yeah, I need a replacement computer, *click* I. DROPPED IT. INTO THE POOL. AND. A DOG SHIT ON IT. *click*. So yeah, can I get a bigger harddrive too?"

Or the one that's permanently on my "screw over next time she calls in" list:

"I'm sorry ma'am. Svchost.exe crashing is a software error. I can send you out a new harddrive if you really don't want to reinstall Windows, but I am not sending you a free computer for this."

*Muffled, barely* "He's saying no, you're an IT guy, can't you fucking MAKE this idiot give me one?"

"Hahahaha, Now then Ma'am, would you like to reinstall Windows, or should I send out a new HDD?"

"Oh, I already did."

"Really. Tell me, can you open up some music and see if it will play?"

"Oh, sure!"

"Wait, you have music on your computer?"

"Yeah, about 8 gigs."

"Your... school's image comes with music?"

"Oh, no, I downloaded it off Kazaa. That reminds me, can you help get rid of popups? Oh, I guess it doesn't matter since I'm getting a new computer, anyway, huh?"

Fuck you, bitch. This is your 8th fucking system replacement for the exact same "accident", but holy fuck if I can't tell you off because your fucking College is so goddamned huge and full of Yuppy fucks.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Is that good?

For retail, yeah.

Just do me one favor. When you put out the video games look at them and realize that even though they have the same title you can't put Xbox Games under the Xbox 360 listing. Not only do I have customers bitch, but it throws off product checks. It screws the electronics sales floor team, the product check team (I forgot the term we use for them, I used to do it before they made a team only for it) and the customer.

But otherwise flow team is pretty cool.

Do my best. I still don't know what aspect of flow team I'll be, wether unloading trucks, being a "bowler" or what, but it'll be an experience regardless. Also, rent money. Sweet.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude KiTA, I think you've been talking to my girlfriend. Did she call from a certain univeristy in Maryland? Was it a Toshiba?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nah, it wasn't. I've mentioned my company before here, but I think I could get fired if it became common knowledge at work that I was venting about our customers, so...

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    KiTA wrote: »
    "Really. Tell me, can you open up some music and see if it will play?"

"Oh, sure!"

"Wait, you have music on your computer?"

"Yeah, about 8 gigs."

"Your... school's image comes with music?"

"Oh, no, I downloaded it off Kazaa. That reminds me, can you help get rid of popups? Oh, I guess it doesn't matter since I'm getting a new computer, anyway, huh?"

Fuck you, bitch. This is your 8th fucking system replacement for the exact same "accident", but holy fuck if I can't tell you off because your fucking College is so goddamned huge and full of Yuppy fucks.

GAH! I hate Kazaa, Limewire and its many clones with a passion. I see that crap on someone's computer and then the dumb broad acts shocked when I say it's bad software and that's what's causing malware and popups and other nastiness.

Really? You're literally stealing music and movies and you didn't think it would have consequences? And exactly how did you get into college again? Oh, right. You gave the admission director a blowjob. Gotcha.

One of the pleasures I have in Retail Hell is telling the Undertow of the Future that it will cost $200 to clean out their computer. Got an extended warranty? Not as much, but your pretty piece of paper doesn't cover software problems and outright stupidity. Fork it over, bitch.

Or take it to that "guy you know" that's "good with computers." I'll still be here when he screws it up even worse.

Another story from today:

I got to listen to a "lady" bitch at me for a solid ten minutes because we don't sell XP machines anymore. You can tell from looking at the display models that the only machines we have are Vista machines. Two sales reps told her that we only sell Vista machines. One of the techs told her that we only sell Vista machines. The only way to get an XP machine from us is to buy the computer, a copy of XP and do a clean install. And doing that is going to cripple your machine because it's just going to have XP on it afterwards and no drivers, applications, etc. We told her all of this.

What did she do? She bought a Vista machine anyway. Then she called us this morning to bitch because she doesn't like Vista and she thinks we should have given her the option to choose the operating system. And because there are "other stores" that sell XP machines (WHERE?! Also, why didn't she buy from them?!), she doesn't think she should have to pay for a separate operating system and install.

Screw you, bimbo. My store is not going to eat about $350 of software and services because you chose not to listen to us in your hurry to have a new shiny.

Also, I have a renewed hatred for realtors. Apparently, MLS isn't compatible with Vista yet. They are warned about compatibility issues. But they buy a Vista machine and then it's our fault that they can't use MLS. Dumb people make me cry.

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Limewire is spyware free, dudes. It has been for a while. It shows ads in-program, but it has no malware/spyware.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also fun was dealing with requests for antiquated or mythical hardware.

No solution ever recommended to hook a modern computer up through serial cable to a fucking sewing machine has ever worked, ever. Farm your shit out to Indochina like Kathy Lee and leave me the fuck alone.

No, we don't carry an 8mm to VHS adapter, because it doesn't fucking exist... wait, forget I said that. Go bug some people at Radioshack. They have 'em in the back, in their secret closet. They just won't sell you one until you've asked them a hundred times. Company policy.

No, we don't carry zip disks, although technically I could carry a few thousand of them around in this thumb drive...

No, we don't have the several thousand dollar industrial printers and copy machines on the floor for demonstration. If you have to ask why, you definitely should not be licensed to operate a business.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Limewire is spyware free, dudes. It has been for a while. It shows ads in-program, but it has no malware/spyware.
    And of course everything you are downloading from across the planet is likewise clean.

see317 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    So i'm trying out a temp agency for work.

Today they sent me to a bakery. My job, from 5:30pm to 2:30am, would have been to pick up trays from one belt, flip them, and then put them on another belt.

At first it seemed to be going fine. Place was like a fucking steamhouse, but I felt okay.

A few hours into it, the trays start feeling like lead weights, I'm sweating buckets and my legs are getting wobbly.

The bakery sent me home, because I damn near had a heat stroke. I shouuld have known something was up when I noticed everyone else was skinny as hell.

Kinda pissed me off, it didn't sound too hard when they described it. I guess I just don't have the stamina to flip 20lb trays for 8 hours straight.

I also have newfound respect for the people that work on lines like that.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Midshipman wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I've been there a week, and so far I've seen that, I've had a woman preach to me about how eating meat is evil, and how she's better than everyone because she's vegan ( :roll: ), and I had a guy today give me one of those "awesome" million dollar bills with scripture on the back.

I had a guy once who wandered around the store with a sign on the front of his shirt that said "Ask me why I'm vegan" and on the back it said "Cus there is poop in the meat". That was pretty hilarious.
    Seriously, who prefers paper anymore, anyway? I'm not even far on the environmentalist scale and I feel paper is a retarded way to bag groceries.

I actually prefer bagging groceries in paper. The grocery store I work in uses paper by default and only break out the plastic bags when they are requested (so I have more practice with paper and we don't use those plastic bag racks). I can bag groceries much faster and more securely with paper than plastic. We also have a weekly raffle for customers who bring their own bags, which is definitely a brilliant idea. Spend $25 on a gift card for the winner, plus maybe another $20 or so on the raffle tickets, and save hundreds of dollars each week by giving out fewer bags. Those things cost at least a few cents each.

I hate paper bags, because there's so much less leeway when bagging anything awkwardly shaped.

And then there's the old women who bitch and moan at you if you don't first ask. Which reminds me of a story.

"I WANTED IT IN PAPER!"
    "I'm sorry, I'll rebag it."
    "YOU SHOULD'VE ASKED!"
    (We're told NOT to ask. Company policy - They don't specify, we save 3 cents per bag that the employees never fucking see by using plastic.)
    "Sorry ma'am, it slipped my mind."
    "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION AND DO YOUR JOB!"
    This is about when I snapped. I was literally restraining myself from screaming "MY JOB IS TO RING YOU UP, NOT BAG YOUR SHIT!" Which is true. They specifically tell us that if we don't feel like bagging for a customer, we don't have to unless we're on as a bagger, though the management will not stand up for us if we get a complaint.
    But instead, I bit my tongue. I HATE being told how to do my job by someone incompetent on how my job works.
    "I was paying attention ma'am...we're advised to use plastic unless requested otherwise."
    "WELL I REQUESTED OTHERWISE JUST NOW!" Emphasis hers. Mocking me, working my last raw nerve.
    "Ma'am, Please calm down. I'm bagging it in paper now."
    "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    "Ma'am, Please..."
    "SHUT UP! A CASHIER DOESN'T GET TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    Last nerve waning.
    "Ma'am, I'm asking you nicely, to please..."
    "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Little? Bitch, I'm twice your size, "I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY HERE YOU'RE LUCKY TO HAVE ME!" Oh goody, she played the 'I'm a customer, that makes me SPECIAL' card. But unfortunately, any sort of complaints after I snap are viable...unless of course sh-
    "YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T HIT YOU WITH MY PURSE EACH TIME YOU MESS UP!"
    Dammit. If it were slightly less thinly veiled I could go off on her. So I fish. It's a bit shitty, but I'm itching to let off some steam.
    "What was that?" And I bag something in JUST plastic. Not paper AND plastic(double paper for wet stuff, double paper AND double plastic for veggies/fruits..ugh...)
    She narrows her eyes, and grabs her purse, winding up to swing at me.
    "Act like a smart-ass again and I'll knock those glasses off your face."
    YES! An actual THREAT! So I stop bagging, and prepare to void her order.
    "Ma'am, you cannot do this."
    "I CAN D-"
    "No. Don't say anything. You don't get to belittle me, insult me, and make demands as if you've been asking for hours when it's the first words out of your mouth to me. And most of all, you do NOT get to threaten me. You have 5 seconds to apologize."
    "Or WHAT?" She thinks she's challenging me.
    "Or I will call my CDH (supervisor), I will void your order, I will return your items, and the cops will be called for one count of assault."
    "WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER!"
    My manager taps her shoulder, having come to see why my light was blinking(I turned it on, in order to get the order canceled.)
    She insists I was so rude, trying to force her best innocent act. My manager, however, sees she's full of shit...

Ha, I fucking WISH. He KNEW she was full of shit, but she STILL got a $50 gift card and I got suspended for 2 weeks...
    :| Justice. Hooray.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What the fuck. That sucks.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What the fuck. That sucks.
    From experience and reading others experiences, jobs don't stick up for the employees...ever.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    eh, my first job ever was at London Drugs, a fairly big chain in canada i think. Anyway their policy was if a customer started being downright abusive to you, you could tell them to GTFO without any negative reprucussions. i guess it was pretty good for a retail job

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So we going to keep this going past the 100/50 page mark or is someone going to start the next thread?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My manager taps her shoulder, having come to see why my light was blinking(I turned it on, in order to get the order canceled.)
    She insists I was so rude, trying to force her best innocent act. My manager, however, sees she's full of shit...

Ha, I fucking WISH. He KNEW she was full of shit, but she STILL got a $50 gift card and I got suspended for 2 weeks...
    :| Justice. Hooray.

Here's what you do with your two weeks off:

You call human resources, the labor board and whatever legal department your company has and raise a HUGE stink. That falls under "unsafe/hostile work environment" and can cause a lot of trouble. That woman freaking threatened you and more or less got away with it. You are never paid enough to tolerate that shit.

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So we going to keep this going past the 100/50 page mark or is someone going to start the next thread?

Somebody make a new one. I'm gonna go to bed now but I'll lock this one before I hit the sack.

EDIT: Actually, no. Let's ride this one for a few more pages, since TMM spent all that time on his last post.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Whatever works.

The thread title no longer applies for me, though. The coffee is hot and I get all our services free. Cool people, too. I actually enjoy going to work. Hopefully, that'll last.

Tiemler on
This discussion has been closed.