Options

[Phalla] POKéPHALLA: Premiere Edition GAME OVER: B:L and the Evil Eight Victory

Professor OakProfessor Oak Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Critical Failures
pokephallabanner2zw2.png
PREMIERE EDITION

Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting!

Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

My name is Professor Oak. People call me the Pokémon Professor.

This world is inhabited by creatures that we call Pokémon. People and Pokémon live together by supporting each other. Some people play with Pokémon, some battle with them.

But we don't know everything about Pokémon yet. There are still many mysteries to solve! That's why I study Pokémon every day.

I've come here to Phallanian City for the same reason as everyone else at this time of the year: to watch the competitions in the Pokémon League! Yes, many trainers, of many types, have shown themselves here to battle one another in a true test of skill and coordination with their Pokémon. It truly fills my heart with joy to see these battles with you bright, young trainers.

Since you're new to the area, I'd like to take this time to inform you that your PokéGear's radio function can tune into my very own Radio Show that I broadcast every night! Yes, right from my very lab! I had the equipment specially brought in. Be sure to tune in for amazing information regarding all things Pokémon!

Now, er..are you a boy or a gir-

Wait, what was that? Did you hear that?

Over there!

...What is that thing? A giant vacuum?! Come with me, quickly, this doesn't look safe!

Well, it's been a few hours and still no signs as to where that came from. According to this Officer Jenny, there's been an increase of activity from some sort of Gang or Team, I can't seem to recall their name. Anyhow, they're stealing Pokémon from the trainers that have setup camp here before the big tournament! They must have known this was their best time to strike, before the security was increased.

On top of it all, the resulting attack has left the Pokémon Center out of commission! So far there's been no word on when they can bring the Center back up. Be sure to take extra care of your Pokémon!

This is serious! But this could also be a true test of your might as a Pokémon trainer! Do not let their acts phase you in your goal! Remember why you came here! Continue with your challenges, but keep a sharp eye out for any suspicious activity.

I've been asked by the police to broadcast an ongoing emergency message to the people here in this city. Keep your Gear tuned to my station for any updates to the crisis! Together, we can take down this nefarious group!

But! Before you go...

Um...What was your name again?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Players:

11.) Zellpher as "???" - Member of B:L and the Evil Eight
18.)Ohtsam as "Samoht" - Member of B:L and the Evil Eight
27.)Exarch as "Reluctant: The Elcor Trainer" - Biker
31.)Hellbunny as "Bunny" - Engineer
39.)Terrendos as "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" - Member of B:L and the Evil Eight
50.)Chen as "Cash" - Aroma Lady
55.)Jimothy - Swimmer

Eliminated Players:

60.)Roy - Biker Roy - Taken out by Mob Justice and Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight (Day 1)
57.)Infidel - Black Belt Spectrum Yellow - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight (Day 1)
5.)Gumpy - Nurse Joy - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight (Day 1)
29.)Romantic Undead - Aroma Lady Rockin Rou - Arrested by the Police (Day 1)

Toxic Toys - ▀▄█▓▒ TOX?????? - Deleted(Day 2)
Witch Doctor, DRM - █ü▄estab256■se░▓ - Deleted(Day 2)

46.)Cold Salmon and Hatred as "Zot" - Officer Jenny - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight (Day 2)
19.)DamnedLibrarian as "An Arrogant Rival" - Officer Jenny - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 2)
17.)Oats as "Sire Oat of Way, Esq." - Lass Sire Oat of Way, Esq. - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 2)
4.)JaysonFour - Swimmer Jayson - Taken out by Mob Justice(day 2)
12.)Ianator - Dragon Tamer Ianator - Arrested(day 2)
40.)Warban- B:L and the Evil Eight Member Bug Catcher Kamina - White Out(day 2)
3.)Darian - Veteran Darian - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(day 3)
65.)Wildcat - Youngster Wildcat - Taken out by Mob Justice(Day 3)
Micro - Nurse Joy - Arrested(Day 4)
thorgot - Engineer Thorgot - Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 4)
FreeAgent - Rocker GeneSplicer FreeAgent - Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 4)
Frostmist - Veteran Frostmist- Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 4)
eeccccoo tthhee ddoollpphhiinn - B:L and the Evil Eight Member eecc - Defeated by Mob Justice(Day 4)
enlightenedbum - ▓▄▀BU▄█s▓.3 - Deleted(Day 4)

Mr. Defecation - Prof. Oak Aid Charmander Lover - Completed his win condition, left the game and is now a Co-Host.(Day 5)
TehSloth - B:L and the Evil Eight Member Sloth♂ - Defeated by Mob Justice(day 5)
Kuhlmeye - Psychic Uhls - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 5)
Garroad_ran - Black Belt Garraod - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 5)
BlueBlue - Hex Maniac Blue - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 5)
Zanmatto - Younster Batman - Taken down by Mob Justice(Day 6)
Speed Racer - Prof. Oak Aide Trainer Luke - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 6)
Quoth - Rocker Quoth the Raven - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 6)
Sticks - Swimmer Stick Stickson - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 6)
Cantide - ZA█▄▒▓PokeTrainer▬W - Deleted(Day 6)
Lonelyahava - Missingno - Discombobulated by Bill before the Mob could get to it(Day 7)
DevoutlyApathetic - Red - Completed his Win Condition and left the game(day 7)
Daius - Blue - Failed his Win Condition and left the game(Day 7)
The Lord of Hats - Aroma Lady Stev - Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 7)
Ergandar - Skier RED - Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 7)
Dac Vin - e█▓▒▐3░- - Deleted(Day 7)
Abysmal Lynx - B:L and the Evil Eight Member Bubba - Defeated by Mob Justice(Day 8)
manaleak34 - Hiker Han Purple - Arrested(Day 8)
Hylianbunny - Dragon Tamer Lass Christine - Pokemon stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 8)
TheLawinator - Veteran Law - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight
(Day 8)
B:L - Bug Catcher Brock Obama - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 8)
Monkeyfeet - Swimmer Monkeyfeet - Taken down by Mob Justice(Day 9)
Andrew Ryan - Veteran Andrew - Arrested(Day 9)
Shorn Scrotum Man - Bill - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 9)
Egos - Bug Catcher Shadow - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 9)
Kay - Officer Jenny - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 9)
Grundlterror - Engineer 'The Great Pokémon Trainer Sebastian The Great, Pokémon Trainer!' - Killed by falling Golems(Day 9)
The_Reflection - Lass Dr. Tommy Oliver - eaten by a Grotle(Day 9)
TehSpectre - B:L and the Evil Eight Member Spectre 'The Magnificent' - Defeated by Mob Justice(Day 10)
Element Brian - B:L and the Evil Eight Member Element Brian - Arrested(Day 10)
Crimsoncoyote - Rocker ccoyote - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight
(Day 10)
Marshmallow - Bird Keeper Marsh- Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 10)
Burnage - Tamer Burnage has been killed in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 10)
FunkyWaltDogg - Aroma Lady OLD MAN Funky - Whited Out
(Day 10)
Jackisreal - Hiker Jack Real - Whited Out(Day 10)
MrBlarney - B:L and the Evil Eight Member RESEARCH Ichii - Defeated by Mob Justice(Day 11)
Abotkin - The Giovanni known as Mister Abotkin - Arrested(Day 11)
Kime - Officer Jenny - Whited Out(Day 11)
iamtheaznman - Hex Maniac Captain Olimer - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 11)
GrimmyTOA - Skier GrimmyTOA - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 11)
Zandracon - Skier Zandracon - Pokemon Stolen by B:L and the Evil Eight(Day 11)

Reserves:

1.)Rainfall

Narrations:
Start of Day 2
Start of Day 3
Start of Day 4
Start of Day 6
Stay of Day 7
Start of Day 8
Start of Day 9
Start of Day 10
Start of Day 11
Final Narration

Professor Oak on

• Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Welcome to PokéPhalla! Allow me to explain a bit, as this Phalla is a little complicated!

First off, for those of you who aren't aware of what a Phalla is, you should probably check out this thread!

Secondly, it's the rules!

If you are dead, you are disallowed from talking to any other player in regards to the game. Talkin' to the host is allowed, however! Also, be sure to keep your "ghost postin'" to a mere one or two posts. You have nothin' legal to say that's helpful, anyway!

Do not use direct quotes or screenshots of PMs, especially ones regarding Role PMs.

If you make a Proboard, be sure to link me to it!

Anonymous Contacting, that is, talkin' to people under the name of somethin' other than the name you used to sign up for this Phalla, will not be allowed. Don't try to hide when you got somethin' to say!

Inactivus Hungers Clause: By signing up for this game, you agree to meet the activity clause every day. If you don't think you can handle this, you should not sign up! If you are going to be inactive at some point, be sure to inform the Host!

Okay, so we got that out of the way, onto the actual Phalla!

This is a Pokémon:

Spr_4d_001.png
    Name : Bulbasaur
    Type : Grass/Poison
    Attack : 57
    Defense : 47
    Speed: 50
    EXP : 0/90
    Losses : 0
    Ability : Explanation - Attempt to show an example of a standard Pokémon listing, possibly allowing the target trainer to understand.

There are many types in the game!

A breakdown of what we're lookin' at here:

Type refers to the elemental type of the Pokemon. Some, like Bulbasaur shown here, have two types, and others will have a single type. In the world of Pokémon, there are many Element Types, each with their own strengths and weaknesses against other Element Types! For more information regarding Element Types, please visit this page.

For easy reference on Type advantages and Disadvantages, here's an ugly chart!
    battlechart.gif
    Pluses mean Super Effective!
    Minuses mean Not Very Effective...
    X's mean immune!

Attack refers to the Attack stat, a stat prominently used in calculating the success in attacking an Opponent. This stat could be lowered due to battling a type that's strong against it, or increased if the defending Pokémon is weak to it! In the case of two-typed Pokemon, their dominant type will be used in calculating this. The dominant type can easily be spotted by noting the element type of their Ability.

Defense refers to the Defense stat, a stat prominent used in calculating the success in staving off an attacking Opponent. This stat is very similar to Attack, only it comes into play when you are challenged and have to defend yourself. Dual-type Pokemon use both of their types when factoring this.

Speed refers to the Speed stat, a flexible stat that comes into play for both Attacking and Defending Pokémon! In a fight, the faster Pokémon can achieve a decent advantage against its opponent, which will in turn boost a stat depending on what position it's in! This stat, unlike the other two, also come into play for various Pokémon Abilities!

EXP refers to the amount of Experience that Pokémon has earned so far. The left number shows the current amount, while the right number shows how much EXP is required to achieve an evolution! An Evolution will cause that Pokémon to change and grow stronger, and with it are its stats and Abilities! EXP is gained through battles and using abilities.

Losses refer to the amount of times that Pokémon has been defeated in a challenge. Beware of this! Due to the Pokémon Center being down, you will be unable to revive your Pokémon in the event of a KO or "Knockout". The higher of number of Losses, the greater chance that Pokémon will faint. While some may be tougher than others, it still doesn't take much to lose it! What's worse, if all of your Pokémon are KO'd, you will be removed from the game. Be careful! A higher evolution Pokemon can withstand more than a lower evolution Pokemon.

Status Refers to what Position your Pokémon is in, or if there is an ailment affecting it. In PokéPhalla, you must figure out which Pokémon you wish to use for what each night, and you can only fit one Pokémon on one position. A Pokémon placed in ATTACK Status means that it will be the Pokémon to fight against a Trainer you have challenged. A Pokémon placed in DEFENSE Status means that it will be the Pokémon to fight against a Trainer that has Challenged you. To place a Pokémon on BENCH is to take it out of combat, it will not attack or defend.

Ability refers to the Special Ability that Pokémon can use. In this Phalla, you are able to assign one of your Pokémon to an "Active" status on top of their regular status. The Active status will declare which of your Pokémon will be using its ability. Abilities will grow and gain power as the Pokémon evolves, but most of them shall only target other Pokémon in the game. Like combat, Abilities are also subject to the Element Types.

You will take on three Pokémon for your party, and you will be the trainer:

FL_Rocker.png
    Rocker Obbi
    "Help me!"

There are many types of trainers in this game, and many will determine at least one kind of Pokémon for your party.

So basically, your actions would boil down to this.
    1.)Specify which Pokemon are going to be on what Position (One Attack, One Defense)
    2.)Pick Which Pokemon will be using their Ability. (Position does not matter unless specified.)

Finally, challenges:

Challenges are publicly declared, much like the vote! However, three things must be right for you to challenge a trainer!
    -You must have at least two Pokémon available
    -The target must not already have a Challenge declared on them
    -You must mark your Challenge in !Cyan

If all of these are true, you're all set to battle! Oh, right, one more thing, challenges are unretractable. Think hard before you decide to challenge a trainer to a battle!

You can send out one Challenge, and receive one challenge.

And remember, in the midst of all your battling, to keep an eye out for suspicious characters. Each night, vote for the person you find most suspicious in !Red. Unlike Challenges, you may !retract and change your vote as many times as you like, though official retractions are not necessary, and only your most recent vote will be counted.

At any point in the game, you may ask for a clarification regarding game mechanics both in the public thread and in a private PM to Professor Oak. Understand, though, that you may not always get an answer.

In addition, each night you may PM Professor Oak to have your Pokemon use an ability. You must always specify which Pokemon, which ability, and what target(s) if applicable.

Finally, any time you wish to change the status of your Pokemon (that is, which one is defending, attacking, and benched) simply PM Professor Oak with the setup you wish to use.

Please note, condensing orders, actions, status changes, and clarification requests into single PMs whenever possible is very helpful for Professor Oak's inbox limit.

Vote Close time for this Game is 1:00 AM EST

edit: Forgot to mention Trading

Obbi on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I totally plan on playing the game as Sign up by the way.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I Toxic Toys will be the greatest Pokemon trainer EVER!

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

It's a name.

edit: What is the activity clause?

That is, how much activity will you be requiring each day.

Darian on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign up as Jayson

Finally. A phalla where all my old video game knowledge can come into use.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gumpy

Well professor, have you ever encountered a Dragon trainer before?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not if Stick Stickson has anything to say about it!

Which he will!

At a later date...

edit: refering to Toxic's post....shoulda used quotes but that requires effeort

Sticks on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Great Pokémon Trainer Sebastian The Great, Pokémon Trainer is my name and I sign up!

Took a break, lets see how this goes!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    What is the activity clause?

That is, how much activity will you be requiring each day.

Ah! I knew I forgot somethin'.

Players are expected to vote everday and post at least twice per day. Using your Pokémon abilities or initiating challenges is voluntary.

Obbi on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yes this is the most cliche name possible, but someone had to do it.

Egos on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign up as Cantide. If I try to use a different name, I'll just end up confusing myself.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    God, I'm such a geek.

I assume that we'll be using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as far as what pokemon we'll get?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My name is !Blue and I'm a boy! I consider everything up till now to have been a tutorial~ Allow me to show you all how much I've learned!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I assume that we'll be using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as far as what pokemon we'll get?

Pokemon from every generation will be used in this game. Which ones in particular I'm not at liberty to say!

and I'm off to class. I might be floatin' around to update the Signups, but mostly just assume I'm just gonna leave this here for the night!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Zellpher wrote: »

Zellpher are you the Racer X of the Pokemon League?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    My name is !Blue and I'm a boy! I consider everything up till now to have been a tutorial~ Allow me to show you all how much I've learned!

Have you learned not to post entirely in colors?

Darian on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !I am Ianator, hear me roar!

*makes Meowth cry*

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Zellpher wrote: »

Zellpher are you the Racer X of the Pokemon League?

Psssh, racer X wishes.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Have you learned not to post entirely in colors?
    No.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I hope I get Red/Blue Pokemon. I never really followed past that. . .

Who wants to be my first challenge on Day 1? Let's get this rivalry down now!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Daius
    Oh man this looks like it's gonna be sweet.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I wasn't asking which ones, heh, I just wanted to know how far along in the series you were going to go. Thanks for the answer, though. I hope this starts soon, I've been looking forward to it.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign Up as "Han Purple"

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign up as "Burnage has been killed in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight"

Burnage on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Now I feel bad because my name sucks. :(

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A wild Sire Oat of Way, Esq. appears!

Oats on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

You should have just gone with Toxic and pretend you were a heavy metal band lead singer/pokemon trainer.

Egos on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obbi, I just noticed your title/location and feel compelled to :^:

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »

Can we call you little Ymmot?

Darian on
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign Up as An Arrogant Rival

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

You should have just gone with Toxic and pretend you were a heavy metal band lead singer/pokemon trainer.

As in Toxic and The Toys?

Damn, can I get a do over?

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

As in Toxic and The Toys?

Damn, can I get a do over?

And you have kooky spiked Anime green hair 8-)

Egos on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mister Abotkin wants to have fun with Pokemon!

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    abotkin wrote: »
    Mister Abotkin wants to have fun with Pokemon!

I bet your trainer has a nefarious mustache that he twirls.

Sticks on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !sign up as bum

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Quoth the Raven, signing up

Quoth on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Sign Up as Garroad

garroad_ran on