Options

Would it make Metalbourne happy if I [CHAT] in his breakfast cereal?

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    those guys have some big shoes.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    a mix feeling of shame
    is that like a mixed drink, or like cake mix?

kingdom hearts is so ridiculous. my god.

well, final fantasy is too, but at least it doesn't have disney involved.

I wish new FF games were like VII and IX instead of like X and VIII. I miss the cartoony funny stuff.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That's what happens when you put Tetsuya Nomura in charge of a game- androgyny and convoluted melodramatic garbage.

Though I can't say I didn't enjoy the active battle system, but I doubt he had anything to do with the mechanics.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, they didn't have art classes in my high school. Why? What is Mrs. Cole like?

edit: Loomdun deleted his post, but in it, he had asked me whether I had an art teacher named Mrs. Cole in high school.

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    crap lol I deleted it hoping you would not have read that, Your style of art just seems familiar but then was like "oh wait tam isn't a small brown little asian boy" so I went delete.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    crap lol I deleted it hoping you would not have read that, Your style of art just seems familiar but then was like "oh wait tam isn't a small brown little asian boy" so I went delete.

Actually, I am a small brown asian boy

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    um wait, is your name preston

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, it's Abhishek, or A.K., more commonly. My family have been known to call me Abu also, because I used to remind them of the small monkey from Aladdin. In fact, that's what everyone called me for a while until I unwittingly decided to name myself after a Russian assault rifle by using the first and last letter of my name as an easy nickname for all the people who had an aneurysm when they tried my full name.

This has been Tam Has Just Abused A Substance And Is Telling You About The Evolution Of His Name Theatre.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OH okay phew I was about to have a heart attack and be like NOOOO I'M NOT HEREE ANYMOREEE.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What? Why would you not be here anymore if my name was Preston?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh It's just I knew someone who kindaa acted like you and drew like you anddddd, talked like you, huhhh. Anywho I just frolic away like a crazy deer at the sight of people I knew back in highschool.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That Preston sounds like a jackass

wait how the hell do you know how I talk?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    er Talk/Type in the way that you would talk from how you put words together. Or what? Who am I?!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fucking hell, Justice is SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD (their Cross album). Especially the song "New Jack". DELICIOUSNESS. Also Phantom, which is how I originally found them.

If any of you's are into electronica-stuff, you need to listen to these guys. I'm usually not into electronic stuff that's this "dance/club", but they're so fantastic.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2009
    I listened to the iTunes sample, but I don't think I can manage a response that doesn't make me sound like Grandpa Simpson.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So I'm applying to and might be going to intern in Australia or New Zealand in some capacity involving film. I think I've over-romanticized these places and their amazing accents.

Oceania folks: Am I wrong?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I listened to the iTunes sample, but I don't think I can manage a response that doesn't make me sound like Grandpa Simpson.

Bacon listens only to Baroque music.

Tam on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yeah it's not for everybody.

Only really cool people.

[edit] actually, I'm not a fan of all of their songs. Then again, I'm almost never a fan of "an entire band". There's almost always a handful of songs in every single band that I can't stand.

Misleading previous post!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So, incidentally, don't hold a fudgepop that is way too cold in your mouth and then try to pull it out, or you might rip off parts your lips!

And definitely don't do this 3 times in a row only to then discover the fudgepop is now seasoned with blood!

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Only really cool people.

Then what are you doing listening to it?

¡OH SNAP!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    So, incidentally, don't hold a fudgepop that is way too cold in your mouth and then try to pull it out, or you might rip off parts your lips!

And definitely don't do this 3 times in a row only to then discover the fudgepop is now seasoned with blood!

I did this once. Thankfully I like the taste of copper.

Only really cool people.

Then what are you doing listening to it?

¡OH SNAP!

Bacon how do you feel about Aphex Twin

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't remember. I know I listened to them (him? IIRC?) once, but obviously it didn't make enough of an impression to make me remember anything about what the music was like.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I listen to japanese bands like El Garden and Sambomaster.

I'm not all enthusiastic about it like you guys though. Since I don't have soul.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    I listen to japanese bands like El Garden and Sambomaster.

I'm not all enthusiastic about it like you guys though. Since I don't have soul.

I listen to The Pillows a lot

don't understand a word they say except the engrish

but fuck the music is divine

I don't remember. I know I listened to them (him? IIRC?) once, but obviously it didn't make enough of an impression to make me remember anything about what the music was like.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes them asians sure do make some good music as long as they exclude the screaming asian school girls, or any form of vocal..

Well a little vocal is sometimes okay as long as it's not overkill

And then everything else in there is random scary anime screaming women music :<

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What the hell...?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes them asians sure do make some good music as long as they exclude the screaming asian school girls, or any form of vocal..

no, it's pretty much just good music, vocals and all, as long as the vocals are in Japanese or if they can speak English and not Engrish

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Some of the best music isn't necessarily pleasing to the ears at first...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Tam wrote: »

<shrug>

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    well that's a new reaction

usually people rip away the headphones screaming "THIS IS EVIL!!!" or they really like it

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Actually I just really have this thing with not liking vocal in any music. I love to collect just purely random instrumental music.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have to side with Bacon on this one... techno is just "meh" for me.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    A friend of mine is really into techno music that I'm not really into so I've gotten good at giving non-committal responses to it.

Most of what I listen to is either along the lines of this:

or this:

anyway. Not winning any cool points with the cool kids with either.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You're always winning points with me.. (;

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You're always winning points with me.. (;

...<3

Wanna go watch Jurassic Park?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You guys need a little real music up in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYYXJeQgM0&feature=related

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I love that type of music (The first one you linked) I also like tam's, not so much of a fan of the second one, but when the voice is used more for a musical note rather then a word like that first one, It always tickles my fancy.

Stuff like oprah to is nice I just hate it though when words are mixed in songs. It always feels like its muddling the song up.

I need to learn to be specific when I say I hate something.

Edit: This is exactly how I keep starting multiple people to argue against each other!!! : /

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    So I'm applying to and might be going to intern in Australia or New Zealand in some capacity involving film. I think I've over-romanticized these places and their amazing accents.

Oceania folks: Am I wrong?

If you're coming from America, I'm pretty sure you'll love the place. You will see less fat people, but probably more american television shows. The weather is pretty awesome. Winter in Perth is like "Hey, probably could use a jumper today, it may be cold. Oh wait look it's sunny." Summer is all "Holy shit, i love the beach and/or long island ice teas in the shade!"

We like getting drunk a lot.

Go to Melbourne. It's the best city in the country. Full of culture. I'm thinking of moving there!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh shit, I love me some Craig Armstrong

all those great compositions wasted on a movie like Plunkett and Macleane

Tam on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Stuff like oprah to is nice

I don't like Oprah Winfrey much myself.

I DO enjoy and appreciate Opera, though.

melting_doll on
This discussion has been closed.