As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mole hunters

SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
So yeah, when mole hunters catch a mole (and I'm talking about the little blind mammals here, not CIA plants) they string them up on the nearest fence as a deterent to other moles. Possibly. Or maybe its so that the seagulls and crows can eat the bodies. But then you'd just be substituting one pest for another which'd be stupid.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was, when people make things like "Hi, I'm new" threads, lock it and sticky it -- not all of them obviously, just a few to act as deterents to other new people.

If nothing else, it'd let the mods bask in their glorious kills like heads skewered to pikes on London Bridge.

Szechuanosaurus on

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    This man is, of course, a genius in his own right.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    This man is, of course, a genius in his own right.

A Duck! would, of course, disagree with you but I cling to my 134 like a pirate to a piece of rum soaked driftwood -- its all I have in this stormy sea of intellectual brine.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2003
    This is a bad idea. If they're stupid enough not to read the rules they'll be stupid enough to not read a stickied thread up there.

And while we're here, do you want to bet that maybe a few of them do it.....ON PURPOSE?

*dramatic music*

*assorted gasps from the audience*

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Told you.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    How about ramius makes it part of the activation email.. ya know.. something like, if you click this link you agree to lurk and not make an ass out of yourself by creating a "Hi, I'm new thread", and then threaten banishment or someshit if the law is broken..

that way they can't say they ever missed the warning.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2003
    A duck! wrote:
    This is a bad idea. If they're stupid enough not to read the rules they'll be stupid enough to not read a stickied thread up there.

And while we're here, do you want to bet that maybe a few of them do it.....ON PURPOSE?

*dramatic music*

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Seen your a moooooooooooooooooore

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2003
    Seen your a moooooooooooooooooore

You so cwazy!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    This was supposed to be a serious thread. Now Ramius is going to lock it and throw me out of his forum.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    A duck! wrote:
    This is a bad idea. If they're sutpid enough not to read the rules they'll be stupid enough to not read a stickied thread up there.

*dramatic music*

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    You're not supposed to say that out loud!

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Grayman222Grayman222 Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    I think the general consensus(I love using words I can't spell) on this is that there will always be stupid people and no matter what we do they are still morons. There is no salvation. The unwelcome ones must be purged from our memory with fires of hate and bandom.

Grayman222 on
    "A TRUE POSTHUNK" -150cc
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Personally I am all for a waiting period for Noobs. Like they can not make a new thread until they have made X numbers of posts to show they are not just trolls and/or ban baiters.

Artoria on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2003
    dragonsama wrote:
    Personally I am all for a waiting period for Noobs. Like they can not make a new thread until they have made X numbers of posts to show they are not just trolls and/or ban baiters.

Good point, but it's harder for mods to catch their asshattery if it's tucked away on page 12 of some random thread. Much easier if they make their presence known with a stupid thread so they can get the dirty work done and have them banned.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Something like this before registration would not be hard to implement.
    http://fsae.com/6/ubb.x?a=rgi&s=763607348
    Except with PA specific rules.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    Something like this before registration would not be hard to implement.
    http://fsae.com/6/ubb.x?a=rgi&s=763607348
    Except with PA specific rules.

Most people that don't read the rules anyway would just click past a rules page

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Then make them past a quiz first.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    TIE FighterTIE Fighter Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Ramius should give the mods a lock-count, instead of a postcount.

That'd be hela cool.

TIE Fighter on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    dragonsama wrote:

Good point, but it's harder for mods to catch their asshattery if it's tucked away on page 12 of some random thread. Much easier if they make their presence known with a stupid thread so they can get the dirty work done and have them banned.
    If nobody notices, then we don't really care anyway and this action is within acceptable terms.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2003
    Cardboard Tube would wet himself over any new stickies. he's the sticky stopper.

denihilist on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Then make them past a quiz first.

Like the one the Leisure Suit Larry games used, to make sure you were 18.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png