As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Live Action Half Life: Escape from City 17

Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Games and Technology
None of us are strangers to Half-Life and its sequels. Shameless gushing of the series itself aside, The Purchase Brothers have come up with the first chapter of their short Half-Life 2 based film entitled Escape from City 17 and it looks nothing short of amazing. And when I say amazing, I mean really amazing.

Filmed with a mere budget of $500, Escape from City 17 seamlessly combines live action footage with high definition in-game scenes, sound and special effects. Here's the first chapter:

Escape from City 17: Part 1

I was personally blown away by the result. Now, just imagine what these guys could do with a budget of 5 million dollars.

Sol Invictus on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Isn't it shocking what effort can do to film making? That's pretty slick.

As for the contents of the video, a little bland since we don't know the characters, but let's see where they take it. Bravo though.

Henroid on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    freakish light on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shitty script, awesome special effects though.

TychoCelchuuu on