As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hockey on] NHL09 - GO TO NEW THREAD

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok so I think the last three times I've been on Live and playing some NHL I've had people message me probably like less than a minute after I've signed off, and two of those have been Rockethania wanting to play our league games. So sorry about that, we'll get those games in soon, man.

Schide on
  • Options
    mclay8823mclay8823 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have:

1 - Pouches
    1- soundstruck

mclay8823 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A just beat Redfield...I feel proud of myself.

I have this many people left:

PondAsh- 2
    WillDPIZ-1
    CCF23-1
    Rockethaina-1
    Pouches 12 -2
    Shide-1
    twmjr-1
    Rykosho-1
    TheBigDaddyDowd-1
    ToneLoc-1
    Shlanx-2
    Soundstruck-2
    Johnthejanitor-2

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hate Mill1gan. I hate you I hate you I hate you. :lol:

I had the goal of the year with Upshall. Easily the most ridiculously amazing goal I have ever seen scored in an NHL game.

It reminded me of this goal in that when Upshall was near the net, he did a spining backhander instead. He didn't beat one man like that, it was a nice pass down low where he got in on the goalie who went for a save (not the dumb "IM GONNA STOP THIS ONE TIMER!!!!" save, he was on the post, but as if someone held the right stick down playing as goalie).

edit: Get playing, Mullet. I see those people online most of the time. You should be able to get them done in the next week or two.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    edit: Get playing, Mullet. I see those people online most of the time. You should be able to get them done in the next week or two.

It's not that i cant play them, but alot of the times you see them online, they are probably playin someone else or im not online. I'll try to though.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

It's not that i cant play them, but alot of the times you see them online, they are probably playin someone else or im not online. I'll try to though.

Ya he seems pretty good about getting games done when he's online. :P

In other news, I hate my fucking car. It started shitting the bed today on the drive home from school and I really don't feel comfortable taking it above 30KM/h. Now after just dropping an ass load of money on a new laptop, I may have to drop another shitton into my car. Or worse yet, buy a new one. :x

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »

Ya he seems pretty good about getting games done when he's online. :P

In other news, I hate my fucking car. It started shitting the bed today on the drive home from school and I really don't feel comfortable taking it above 30KM/h. Now after just dropping an ass load of money on a new laptop, I may have to drop another shitton into my car. Or worse yet, buy a new one. :x

Holy shit! i just went 2-0 on the night, a beauty ot winner! good game Will

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't do an official check, but off the top of my head I have left to play:

CCF - 2
    Rocket - 1
    Soundstruck - 2 (if you read the boards at all....accept my friend request)
    tmwjr - 2 ??? I think
    Rykosho-2. I don't think I've ever seen this person online when I'm on. I'll message tonight to try and set something up.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Shide man, you've got some fucking skills buddy. hell of a game, to bad it had to end in a shootout.

Such a good fucking night 2-0-1 I think that's the best i've done in weeks.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just out of curiosity why haven't we kicked Shlankx yet? Looking at the standings he only has 15 games played and is WAY behind everyone else. And I'm trying to play him right now and he's not having any of it. Same with soundstruck.

Shlankx - 1
    soundstruck - 1
    Rykosho - 1

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I still have like 14 games, I don't really want to list them all. I'll be on later again to see if anybody else is on to play.

Yeah, good game Mullet. I hate shootouts in this game mainly because it forces you into that camera angle where it's tough to judge the depth between your skater and the goalie sometimes. I was even just practicing breakaways before that game and I just couldn't replicate the stuff I was trying to do because I just couldn't see it right. I kind of want to upload this one goal I did though before I deked the shit out of the goalie and it looked pretty cool.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Shlankx - I will look into this.
    soundstruck - She is on from time to time. I don't want to quit on her just yet. I believe JohnTheJanitor knows her.
    Rykosho - He is online enough. I will message him as well.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    I still have like 14 games, I don't really want to list them all. I'll be on later again to see if anybody else is on to play.

Yeah, good game Mullet. I hate shootouts in this game mainly because it forces you into that camera angle where it's tough to judge the depth between your skater and the goalie sometimes. I was even just practicing breakaways before that game and I just couldn't replicate the stuff I was trying to do because I just couldn't see it right. I kind of want to upload this one goal I did though before I deked the shit out of the goalie and it looked pretty cool.

an what about that save Biron did on you in overtime. He was totally out of position then does the desperation save an BAM! makes the save. Biron was a beast.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    soundstruck - She is on from time to time. I don't want to quit on her just yet. I believe JohnTheJanitor knows her.

Kk. In other news, I'm playing an online game against a guy who goalie locked himself. So I'm playing against the computer kinda sorta.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Kk. In other news, I'm playing an online game against a guy who goalie locked himself. So I'm playing against the computer kinda sorta.

That is SUCH a fun way to play (against people online and locking into goalie). The computer actually does pretty decent and it is fun to play as goalie.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That is SUCH a fun way to play (against people online and locking into goalie). The computer actually does pretty decent and it is fun to play as goalie.

The computer was all over me. Outshot me and out TOA'd me. Fortunately he sucks as a goalie and I won 4-1

remlap13 on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't even know who I need to play. Does anyone who is active on the forums need to play and want to go tonight?

EDIT
    redfield85 wrote:

I wouldn't mind doing a season with this.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nothing against that format, but I would be bored out of my mind. JMHO.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yea, goalie-mode isn't for everyone. But it would be fun for the people that want to have a lax season with that. If anyone wants to screw around playing goalies message me if you see me on, I'll be willing to go :)

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    mclay8823 wrote: »
    Nothing against that format, but I would be bored out of my mind. JMHO.

same here. I could stand an entire season that way as I'm horrible in goal.

I would love to do just a random versus match of that from time to time. I haven't even tried for that shutout achievement doing this yet. If anyone else wants to try for this sometime this week send me an invite. Also how do you do the goalie lock again? Something like Left Blocker + A, then X to lock it????

Played Remlap last night and finally beat him, too bad it wasn't a league game though. He had the Kings and me the Panthers. God Damn the Panthers seem like a speedy team.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    puffycow wrote: »
    Yea, goalie-mode isn't for everyone. But it would be fun for the people that want to have a lax season with that. If anyone wants to screw around playing goalies message me if you see me on, I'll be willing to go :)

When I said I wanted to make another "side" season for a few of us to enjoy, I was threatened. So, be careful with that!

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    puffycow wrote: »

When I said I wanted to make another "side" season for a few of us to enjoy, I was threatened. So, be careful with that!

It was our idea from awhile ago. You know that an all goalie season is totally different than starting another regular league. Don't taunt.

edit: I am about to finish getting my achievements for that stupid 3 on 3 xbla game. Is there a way we can package up a game and give it to someone else?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Do not think so.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    When this season is done. I will be holding a 5v5 West All Stars vs East All Stars game. If you are interested please PM me so I can put your name on the list. There is 9 spots currently open, 11 if you want to play goalie. Please PM me with what position you want. You will be placed on a team based on who your team is in the season. So for instance I am SJ so I will be playing on west. I will be playing LW. Lets go Gents time for Hotsteppers to unite!

*edit* Red is this ok?

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That stinks. I am officially done with the game. Easy achievements (3 game I have 100% achievements for) and that is about it. I have no interest in ever playing this game again. So, until we can package off XBLA games that we own to other people, it is getting deleted off my HD to make room for a SFIV install.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    JohnTheJanitorJohnTheJanitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Laonar wrote: »
    When this season is done. I will be holding a 5v5 West All Stars vs East All Stars game. If you are interested please PM me so I can put your name on the list. There is 9 spots currently open, 11 if you want to play goalie. Please PM me with what position you want. You will be placed on a team based on who your team is in the season. So for instance I am SJ so I will be playing on west. I will be playing LW. Lets go Gents time for Hotsteppers to unite!

*edit* Red is this ok?

I'm down for D on Western.

Redfield, when are you online to play games other than 5am pst? I don't normally have an opportunity to play before 5-6pm pst. The same is true for Soundstruck.

JohnTheJanitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

*edit* Red is this ok?

Redfield, when are you online to play games other than 5am pst? I don't normally have an opportunity to play before 5-6pm pst. The same is true for Soundstruck.

I gotta get my games in vs you and her. Are either of you going to be on some time tonight do you know?

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

*edit* Red is this ok?

I am on all day basically. Set a time for me and I will be there.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ShlankShlank Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You guys can boot me if you want. I've been super busy lately and this week is looking like it again. I might have some free time Friday and just a shade on Wednesday but other than that I'm booked up until Sunday. Also, I suck and cannot score goals :(

Shlank on
    Shlankx.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'll play D. If more people want to play, I will be G.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    PondAsh- 2
    CCF23-1
    Rockethaina-1
    Pouches 12 -2
    twmjr-1
    Rykosho-1
    TheBigDaddyDowd-1
    ToneLoc-1
    Soundstruck-2
    Johnthejanitor-2

This is who i have left.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

*edit* Red is this ok?

So far 4 people signed up... sign up bitches

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Shlank wrote: »
    You guys can boot me if you want. I've been super busy lately and this week is looking like it again. I might have some free time Friday and just a shade on Wednesday but other than that I'm booked up until Sunday. Also, I suck and cannot score goals :(

Bah you been on and either always responded not now busy, or dont respond at all when your on. :x

Laonar on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys I'm going on now for awhile. If you need to play me shoot me a msg.

twmjr on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    "It was our idea from awhile ago. You know that an all goalie season is totally different than starting another regular league. Don't taunt."

It isn't different at all.

My idea of making a league is coming from quite a while ago as well. I wanted to make one with only the league guys who play a TON of games. It wasn't meant to replace your league or offend you. In fact, if you wanted to run both of them, that is fine by me. I just didn't understand why you were offended. I don't see why we can't have a second league for the more serious couple of guys. You know what I mean, Cody?

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    All right, I think it's time for another break until that patch hits. Hopefully that will fix some of the things that are just absolutely maddening when playing this. Though I doubt it will fix enough of them. And I'm sure it won't do anything about the camera angles in shootouts, which basically caused me to lose my mind today.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    All right, I think it's time for another break until that patch hits. Hopefully that will fix some of the things that are just absolutely maddening when playing this. Though I doubt it will fix enough of them. And I'm sure it won't do anything about the camera angles in shootouts, which basically caused me to lose my mind today.

What bothers you with the camera angles? I think they are just fine in the shootout. I wouldn't want to come toward the camera with my player. You should be able to fix the camera before the game or maybe during for shootouts. I know you can have it high, medium, or low.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What bothers you with the camera angles? I think they are just fine in the shootout. I wouldn't want to come toward the camera with my player. You should be able to fix the camera before the game or maybe during for shootouts. I know you can have it high, medium, or low.

No, I mean I want to have it up and far away like it is when I'm playing in Classic view, not down near ice level where it's really tough for me to judge the depth of everything. It's why I can't using when playing regularly, and then the change in normal play to the shootout isn't helping anything either.

Not that I haven't won some shootouts, but it's still aggravating.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Cody, did you really just ignore me?

Real nice.

Edit: Seriously, I was very polite and I'd like to straighten out any issues we may have. Can we be mature adults about this? I'm trying here.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Cody, did you really just ignore me?

Real nice.

Any response I was about to come up with would've started an argument. I took the high road and didn't say anything. Let it go.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png