As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] WoW:Lord Phállazak Game Over. Evils win!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, there's also this question for Element Brian:

Does the game automatically end if Phallazak dies?

If it doesn't there are a lot more scenarios to work out.

I doubt there was one of each class, personally. 30% evil seems higher than anything I've seen that works. Generally it seems 25% or so is the sweet spot. Which would give us 7 or 8 baddies with 4 dead. So I'd bet on the 4 or 3 scenario. In which case, we need to hit one if the game ends when Phallazak dies just to be safe.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Does the game automatically end if Phallazak dies?

:winky:

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Stupid sexy Flanders.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I always heard the rule of thumb was about 1:5 evil to regular ratio, giving about 4-6 ninja looters in a game this size. I think we've got the battle rezzor and one or two more at most.
    We've killed:
    Ohtsam - Rogue (killed twice)
    Gumpy - Mage
    James - Hunter
    TehSloth - Warrior

Also, EB said this earlier:
    [Guild] [Element Brian] Everyone has two win conditions their normal phalla win condition, and downing the boss. The Ninja Looters cannot win without meeting the general condition of having more than or equal to the number of villagers left...even after the Boss is down.

[Guild] [Element Brian] In other words you probably want to work together to down him pretty fast...

[Guild] [Element Brian] Also as others have noticed, the more you use your abilities, the more stronger you become and are able to deal more damage or have a better chance of hitting with an ability.

Which I read at the time as meaning the game could keep going after Lord P falls, if the ninjas are not in the majority. But that could also be read as the game ends immediately and ninja looters fail if they aren't in the lead. Either way, I feel confident that we're in the lead and will still be in the lead after this round of deaths. I say you're better off using the extra kill; I don't think it will hurt the village.

Darian on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think we can take Phallazak because he's down to 7%. We just need to take out the ninja looters at the same time.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    [Raid][MacGuffin]: I've got no idea, maybe Toxic Toys. I'll probably not be able to vote again and I hope Andrew finds the right target.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    [Raid][Spectrian]: Pacahkaow!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    1.Jaysonfour
    3. Andrew Ryan (good)
    7.Macguffin
    15.Darian
    17.enlightenedbum
    21.Stew_stick replaced by frostmist
    22.WhiteZInfandel (good)
    23.Crimsoncoyote (good? He just absorbed one of phallazak's hits, suggests good)
    26.Keika
    28.Tehspectre
    30.Toxic Toys

We've got few enough people at this point that we can look at every one of them in detail, so let's have at it.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    1.Jaysonfour (good; mason if Sticks is to be believed)
    3. Andrew Ryan (good)
    7.Macguffin
    15.Darian (good)
    17.enlightenedbum
    21.Stew_stick replaced by frostmist
    22.WhiteZInfandel (good?)
    23.Crimsoncoyote (good? He just absorbed one of phallazak's hits, suggests good)
    26.Keika
    28.Tehspectre (evil; we're past day 4)
    30.Toxic Toys

We've got few enough people at this point that we can look at every one of them in detail, so let's have at it.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [Raid][Spectrian]: pa-pa-pa-paow?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That's as good a reason as any.

!TehSpectre

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [Raid][Spectrian]: Don't be retarded.
    [Raid][Spectrian]: I may not have a better person to vote for, but voting me because "lolz day 4" is dumb.
    [Raid][Spectrian]: Ryan, do you have Downs Syndrome, by chance?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I could also go with the reason that you've yet to contact me even after my repeated envoys for people to do so.

And considering I'm confirmed as good there's really no reason not to. So.. Why not you?

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I say we take out someone that hasn't attracted much attention up till now, like !Keika.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well... !Tehspectre after that last post.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I could also go with the reason that you've yet to contact me even after my repeated envoys for people to do so.

And considering I'm confirmed as good there's really no reason not to. So.. Why not you?

Seems like a good reason, but I think Keika is suspiciously quit. TehSpectre, however.
    Could you please clean out your PM's Andrew?

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    AR's had good aim so far. !TehSpectre

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Raid][Spectrian]: Because I don't have Downs like half the survivors seem to?
    [Raid][Spectrian]: I've been borderline inactive this game (and was over in the FF8) so I didn't see your calls for PMs?
    [Raid][Spectrian]: I'm a Mage. I cast Frostbolt each night for 20 damage. I can try for a Firebolt (numbers choice) to possibly do 45, and Arcane Missles (another number choice) which does 20 damage per hit (up to 60 if I guess all the numbers)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Those first two don't exactly inspire confidence, and the last is probably an outright lie anyways. Burn the witch!

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I guess there arn't any other mages left.

Ahh well..

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm..

See the trouble is Gumpy died a mage.. and if you two were networked there is probably a proboard that has everyone's class PM in it so that you guys can pretend to be whichever class you need to..

I think you're a priest TehSpectre. The evil priest, who isn't healing people like he should.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm..

See the trouble is Gumpy died a mage.. and if you two were networked there is probably a proboard that has everyone's class PM in it so that you guys can pretend to be whichever class you need to..

I think you're a priest TehSpectre. The evil priest, who isn't healing people like he should.

Oh god, no. A Shadow priest?
    Kick him, ban him, ignore him.
    I've heard he is a ninja looter as well, that's almost as evil as trying to do damage as a priest.
    :winky:

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MacGuffin wrote: »

Seems like a good reason, but I think Keika is suspiciously quit. TehSpectre, however.
    Could you please clean out your PM's Andrew?

Eh, I don't generally talk if I have nothing to say.

!TehSpectre

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Those first two don't exactly inspire confidence, and the last is probably an outright lie anyways. Burn the witch!
    [Raid][Spectrian]: You're the stupidest of them all.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mmhmm.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm..

[Raid][Spectrian]: Are you kidding me?
    [Raid][Spectrian]: I was near the top of the DPS charts, not to mention that I put forth the idea that there could be more than one evil of the same class, so I would have no reason to lie about being a Mage.
    [Raid][Spectrian]: Your new name is Robert Downsey Jr.
    [Raid][Spectrian]: More importantly, you are fucking dense as a rock.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [Raid][Spectrian]: Screw it, I hope you guys get your loot stolen for being so goddamned idiotic that you would base a vote on the "evil if alive after day 4" shit.

Spectrian has logged off.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    After that I'd probably vote him off just on the basis of his being an ass, but thankfully we've got more to go on than that.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Guys, Spectre's empassioned temper tantrum has swayed my heart, surely a man as whiny as he cou- no I can't finish that.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, I just think I need to take some time off of these things.

It was fun at first, but people continued to try and kill me post day 4 using the "lol day 4" stuff even after I expected it to stop.

You guys are still retarded as fuck all, but hey, 'is just a game.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Too late. You already logged off.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    As I said, it's not because of day 4 lol, it's because you're in a small minority of people who didn't contact me.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    As I said, it's not because of day 4 lol, it's because you're in a small minority of people who didn't contact me.
    And I called you retarded after you kept the vote on me when it was pretty obvious I was inactive.

I mean, it wouldn't take a scholar to poke through my post history and see I've only made a handful of posts on PA this week, unlike my 20 a day, but hey, no matter.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    A couple of things wrong with this picture:

1. You're an abrasive ass

2. You're inactive

3. You're trying to use being inactive as a defense

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmm... can Priests battle-rez, as well, or just Druids?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, only druids.

Well.. Warlocks could with soulstones but none of ours made any

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009

2. You're inactive

1. You're dumber than a bag of rocks and I hate you.

2. Voting out inactives does not ever work.

3. He asked why I hadn't contacted him. So yes it is a valid defense, you fucking dumbshit.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »

2. You're inactive

3. He asked why I hadn't contacted him. So yes it is a defense, you fucking dumbshit.

Inactives are bad for the game, whatever their roles. Voting for them works pretty well when the objective is to weed out inactives. Inactivity isn't a defense, it's a reason. I'm sure that is indeed why you didn't contact him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't kill you.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well it's day 6. Being inactive is a good way to hide if your mafia.I've seen plenty of game where it has worked for the mafia favor. I would like to see both TehSpectre and Keika gone, but with my only vote I'm going with TehSpectre.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »

2. You're inactive

3. He asked why I hadn't contacted him. So yes it is a defense, you fucking dumbshit.

Inactives are bad for the game, whatever their roles. Voting for them works pretty well when the objective is to weed out inactives. Inactivity isn't a defense, it's a reason. I'm sure that is indeed why you didn't contact him, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't kill you.
    While I was inactive before, I think it is quite obvious that I am around now, I mean, nevermind my huge burst of posting, I am obviously still inactive and hidering the game.

See, there is never a weed out inactives objective. Where has that been an objective?

He. Asked. Me. Why. I. Hadn't. Contacted. Him. I. Said. I. Was. Inactive-ish. Missed. His. Post.

Anything can be a defense, it is ignorant to believe otherwise. For all you know, this is an effort to get the vote off me because I am evil and you've seen through my ruse.

However, if you actually believe that I was inactive, like I have claimed, then your reasons for voting me fall to:

1) lolz day 4

or

2) Nothing

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg