As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What do you want to do with your life, SE++?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    Startopia unpatched was broken

Startopia patched was broken

I love the all living fuck out of that game but damn it was frustrating to play

Basically exactly like Evil Genius.

Which is why I wish these studios had a crack at a sequel, or would at least stick around long enough to properly support their games.

Evil Genius isn't broken if you download the unofficial patch

Startopia is just way messed up

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want to finish school at some point and then get a decent job doing something.

Yeah, that's a real concrete plan.

I'll probably end up staying home to raise the childrens when Rachel and I do have kids, though, I know that much.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I WANNA ROCK

I don't care if this has been done I am not reading 12+ pages to validate how awesome I am (this is my first step to rocking)

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Oh my god, what?

StartopiaScreen.jpg

Why am I only hearing about this now?

Someone is so fired

"We Are Controlling Transmissions"

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    hey TFS did you also hike up two of the biodeck "floors" real high so you could make a little lake between them?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Oh my god, what?

Why am I only hearing about this now?

Someone is so fired

It is an AMAZING good time.

I'm seriously going to go home and figure out how to buy it.

sarukun on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wanna fly helicopters, make them go WhooSH and WhooM, then own and operate a PMC in Africa.

Kill joy already told me I aint got nuff money for that Africa Bit.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I really had to put my finger on it, I'd love to do one of two things: run my own nightclub (lucrative, but draining) or get my ass back to the outdoors and become a wilderness guide (not as lucrative, but much less chance of alcoholism).

The ironic part about the guide thing is that I'm ridiculously well qualified to do it, but I live in Dallas. Maybe moving to the Pacific Northwest would help me out with that one.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That's just the recreation deck! Your station has like 6 or 7 if I remember correctly!

Its fuckin' awesome.

There's the "main" deck, which is for things like the hospital and industrial work and your docking bays and what-not, the rec deck for all of your entertainment needs and keeping your residents and staff happy, and then of course there is the terraforming section where your religious stuff goes on and you can grow crops and what not.

I'm pretty sure it's just those three sections, but the myraid of things that you do there make the game just a blast.

sarukun on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I really had to put my finger on it, I'd love to do one of two things: run my own nightclub (lucrative, but draining) or get my ass back to the outdoors and become a wilderness guide (not as lucrative, but much less chance of alcoholism).

The ironic part about the guide thing is that I'm ridiculously well qualified to do it, but I live in Dallas. Maybe moving to the Pacific Northwest would help me out with that one.

damn talk about a big gap between those two paths

me, I want to viciously rip apart films for a large media corporation and be a professional hater

I think I have a good chance

thanimations on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That's just the recreation deck! Your station has like 6 or 7 if I remember correctly!

Its fuckin' awesome.

There's the "main" deck, which is for things like the hospital and industrial work and your docking bays and what-not, the rec deck for all of your entertainment needs and keeping your residents and staff happy, and then of course there is the terraforming section where your religious stuff goes on and you can grow crops and what not.

I'm pretty sure it's just those three sections, but the myraid of things that you do there make the game just a blast.

How did you "fill up" your station? I only ever opened 7-8 segments of each deck and that was it. Got really bummed out there was nothing substantial I could put in the other segments the complete the doughnut.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I believe Gametap, which is $10 a month, has or had Startopia on it.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    can you have space stripjoints? i would like to fill a station full of 3 boobied ladies from mars

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I believe Gametap, which is $10 a month, has or had Startopia on it.

We-hell well.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yup, they've got it.

I love Gametap, even if their DOS emulation was shit when I tried it.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

My third option is to go back to teaching self-defense for battered women. Not nearly as lucrative as either option and much more soul-crushing than I can possibly describe.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    can you have space stripjoints? i would like to fill a station full of 3 boobied ladies from mars

Sort of. There is a "Love chamber" where you can hire these winged angelic creatures to sit in chairs and "give love" to denizens of your station who are depressed. It's not exactly rated PG-13, all they do is sort of hover over the chair and an aura surrounds the target, but in principle it is essentially prostitution.

sarukun on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Sort of. There is a "Love chamber" where you can hire these winged angelic creatures to sit in chairs and "give love" to denizens of your station who are depressed. It's not exactly rated PG-13, all they do is sort of hover over the chair and an aura surrounds the target, but in principle it is essentially prostitution.

sounds pretty lame. someone should make a mod. a 3 titted mod.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

sounds pretty lame. someone should make a mod. a 3 titted mod.

too bad the game came out ages ago and whatever cult community it had has long since evaporated.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that game is pretty old.

The graphics still hold up really well, though.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wanna be a game designer when I grow up.

I'd be happy as a game developer.

Crap, I'll be happy as long as I don't end up in a dead end job like working at some food store.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I still play the game unpatched. Working Slug Pods beat no profit from bars any day.

So what other games like Startopia are there? Evil Genius was mentioned, Black and White too, sort of, and of course Dungeon Keeper. Any more?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I would be happy to work for Trader Joe's, all told.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

My third option is to go back to teaching self-defense for battered women. Not nearly as lucrative as either option and much more soul-crushing than I can possibly describe.

That would be so depressing

A good deed

but depressing

thanimations on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I still haven't played Dungeon Keeper. I'd like to, but really that genre needs a new entry.

Really I just want someone to make Evil Genius II.

sarukun on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want to be the guy that just has ideas and is paid for them.

who needs an idea man, I can't draw too well and my writing abilities are severely atrophied but I'm funny and reasonably good-looking.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I still haven't played Dungeon Keeper. I'd like to, but really that genre needs a new entry.

Really I just want someone to make Evil Genius II.

never going yo happen, unfortunately.

I guess the X-Com games are somewhat similar. WHERE IS MY LP, FISHMAN?!

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mysst wrote: »

who needs an idea man, I can't draw too well and my writing abilities are severely atrophied but I'm funny and reasonably good-looking.

Man, let's form a team.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'd love to be a microbrewer. I have had extensive experience in the area of beer and beer tasting.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Man, let's form a team.
    the Dream Team!

yeah? yeah?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Man, let's form a team.
    the Dream Team!

yeah? yeah?

Oh it is on, brother.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Man, let's form a team.

You're forgetting the microbrewer. Can't have a team without a half-crazed, ex-military microbrewer with a penchant for pirate shennaningans.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Being a writer wouldn't be that bad either.
    Or a animator.
    Maybe a webbdesigner.
    Or I guess I got some experience with some manlier stuff like digging drainages.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    When I'm older I wanna start a revolution

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ateam_schultz.jpg

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Man, let's form a team.
    the Dream Team!

yeah? yeah?

Oh it is on, brother.
    alright, who needs an idea? grand opening special, two for one! $50 for good ideas, $100 for great ideas, $150 for awesome ideas, $300 for fuckawesome ideas.

also you get a pack of Imperial Dark, or whatever Darth names his beers.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Man, let's form a team.
    the Dream Team!

yeah? yeah?

Oh it is on, brother.
    alright, who needs an idea? grand opening special, two for one! $50 for good ideas, $100 for great ideas, $150 for awesome ideas, $300 for fuckawesome ideas.

Got any free samples? Some idea portfolio? Examples of your work?

Burning Organ on