As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2009 - SCHEDULE AND VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

• Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sooo does anyone know how far the Westin is away from the convention center/pikes place market? It should be close, but I've never actually been there.

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    From the westin to the convention center

http://tiny.cc/wts9e

from the westin to pikes place market

http://tiny.cc/ylMV3

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sweet, that isn't nearly as bad as i was fearing, at least it doesn't look like that much of a hike.

orbdep on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok. I will be joining the tour. I have just registered and booked my hotel/flight/car. I should have a Dodge Charger rented, but the words "or similar" are by it's description in Expedia. I am just more comfortable traveling on my own terms.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Ok. I will be joining the tour. I have just registered and booked my hotel/flight/car. I should have a Dodge Charger rented, but the words "or similar" are by it's description in Expedia. I am just more comfortable traveling on my own terms.

I've got a feeling you're going to find out that there is a Chinese car called the Codge Darger. :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

I've got a feeling you're going to find out that there is a Chinese car called the Codge Darger. :P

Yes. I have a feeling they will pull a switcheroo. Just as long at it is a full sized car.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Didn't the CCST greet end up happening at like 6 last year? Whatever happens, this will be an epic two days!

I'll only be there after 3pm on Wednesday because it's my first day of senior year, but I'm skipping the beginning-of-the-year retreat to be at PAX on time Friday meaning I'll be with the entire tour Thursday. I think I'm driving s7arcbuck+1 or something, but being there for only the end of Thursday makes it weird. I can hold 2 more other than them.

WOOHOO!

i love it how i can not be in the forums and we can not talk about this...

and yet you still know what i want and need

however. now i have more nothing time than ever. so i might hang in the cool old forums again and do some MMT stuff, enforce some stuff. do some byoc

Erin, i think you should add time Thursday to check in to hotels :D

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »

There won't really be very much touring going on on Thursday after noon to 1-ish, and hotels don't usually allow check-in much earlier than noon anyway, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of time.

Also, if any of you do need to drop off stuff or check into hotels earlier, you can always meet up with the tour before/after any of this (although Thursday's schedule will be pretty flexible).

There are a LOT of people signed up for the tour, and only a very small number have volunteered to drive. Because of this, I think we're going to have to rely on public transportation and/or possibly hire a bus. I think it'll be almost imperative to hire a bus for Thursday (at the very least), so it looks like there will be a minor entry fee for the tour (depending on costs and number of people). VT, eye-shuh and I will have to figure this out and we will let everyone know what is going on with plenty of advance notice.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »

There won't really be very much touring going on on Thursday after noon to 1-ish, and hotels don't usually allow check-in much earlier than noon anyway, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of time.

Also, if any of you do need to drop off stuff or check into hotels earlier, you can always meet up with the tour before/after any of this (although Thursday's schedule will be pretty flexible).

There are a LOT of people signed up for the tour, and only a very small number have volunteered to drive. Because of this, I think we're going to have to rely on public transportation and/or possibly hire a bus. I think it'll be almost imperative to hire a bus for Thursday (at the very least), so it looks like there will be a minor entry fee for the tour (depending on costs and number of people). VT, eye-shuh and I will have to figure this out and we will let everyone know what is going on with plenty of advance notice.

i can volunteer a friend to drive (and i have handicapped parking untill october)
    i can help with any planning if needed?
    and party bus is epic....

can we stop by dicks after trophy?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My school is being weird this year, so I don't yet know exactly what my schedule is going to be. Normally, I would have an overnight retreat Thursday night, which i would skip, so wouldn't miss anything but the retreat. If there are classes Thursday then I probably won't go on the MMT at least until after 3. I'm guessing I'll be fine though! I'll make sure to update this when I figure shit out.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    drale03drale03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hi all.

I just filled out the survey and registration and look forward to meeting up with everyone on Thursday.

Dear Lord I'm exited!

drale03 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The thread for the Pre-PAX dinner is up!!!!!!

CHECK IT OUT HERE!!!!!!

For those of you who would like to attend the dinner as part of the MMT, please go to the thread and register for the dinner! Because, although we're making this a stop, it's still its own event, and you will have to register separately for it.

I very highly recommend doing the dinner! It is amazing, you meet a lot of people who you can hang out with at PAX, there are industry folks there to talk to, the food is amazing, and, most importantly: this is the last year that Astayonix and ET will be organizing the Pre-PAX dinner, so buy your tickets and experience a part of the LEGEND!!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Day 1, Wednesday:

9:30-11:30 - Seattle Aquarium
    Ride waterfront streetcar to Pioneer Square
    Noon-1:30 - Underground Tour (tours start at 10 am, 90 min long)
    1:30 – 2:30 - Get lunch at Essential Bakery , lunch at GasWorks

Since my plane touches down around 10:30 a.m., I thought I'd try to join up with you all at lunch. It might be too ambitious to try and find people at the Underground Tour, whatever/wherever that is...

Is Essential Bakery at a place called GasWorks? I'll need to get a cab there and I've never been to Seattle.

Sad to miss the aquarium =( Maybe I'll try to go on Monday before I leave town.

Edit:: Actually, looking at the times, I think maybe I'll go straight to the aquarium after I arrive and then meet you all for lunch at the bakery. I think I found it on the map (Essential Baking Co.?) and it'd be a quick cab ride over. Seattle does have cabs, right?

DMmagic on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, somewhere in this thread or another, someone posted a link to a local burlesque show. Since it's my birthday on the 2nd, I want to drag all my uncomfortable friends to this and make them watch it with me. I can't for the life of me find this link. Anyone have any info on any within walking distance? Thanks!

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Seattle does have cabs, right?

Lol, yes, Seattle has cabs. However, we also have a pretty rockin Metro bus system and that would cost you a lot less.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1604+N+34th+St,+seattle,+wa&daddr=1483+Alaskan+Way,+seattle+wa&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&dirflg=r&date=07%2F14%2F09&time=11:49am&ttype=dep&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&tline=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.611123,60.117188&ie=UTF8&z=13&start=0

EDIT: Um...I think I did that opposite. But either way, not a bad bus ride, lol.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    altmann wrote: »
    So, somewhere in this thread or another, someone posted a link to a local burlesque show. Since it's my birthday on the 2nd, I want to drag all my uncomfortable friends to this and make them watch it with me. I can't for the life of me find this link. Anyone have any info on any within walking distance? Thanks!

I posted it back in on the first page, The Can Can at First and Pike.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Seattle does have cabs, right?

Lol, yes, Seattle has cabs. However, we also have a pretty rockin Metro bus system and that would cost you a lot less.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1604+N+34th+St,+seattle,+wa&daddr=1483+Alaskan+Way,+seattle+wa&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&dirflg=r&date=07%2F14%2F09&time=11:49am&ttype=dep&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&tline=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.611123,60.117188&ie=UTF8&z=13&start=0

EDIT: Um...I think I did that opposite. But either way, not a bad bus ride, lol.

Plus the taxis are mostly computer dispatch, so you have to wait around while one arrives. They're not easy to flag from the street. I guess if you're coming from a hotel (esp downtown) it's not too bad, but still.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ah, very true. Downtown is decently easy to grab one though. I wouldn't recommend cabbing around either way.

Though, I did have a fun night one time where I missed the last bus to the Udist and a hobo came up to me and offered to flag down a cab for me. Then as we were walking he said "Don't worry, you're too pretty to chop up and throw in a dumpster."

So, uh, be sure you wear something nice if it's late at night?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Ah, very true. Downtown is decently easy to grab one though. I wouldn't recommend cabbing around either way.

Though, I did have a fun night one time where I missed the last bus to the Udist and a hobo came up to me and offered to flag down a cab for me. Then as we were walking he said "Don't worry, you're too pretty to chop up and throw in a dumpster."

So, uh, be sure you wear something nice if it's late at night?

Remember kids: The answer is always Hobos.

I love the morals to your stories eyeshuh.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    lol! That is at once both terrifying and hilarious! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    ValasharValashar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My travel plans have me arriving in Seattle too late to participate in the MMT, but I was hoping to use the point where folks greet the arrival of the CCST as a way to hook up with folks before the dinner/pub crawl events.

So my question is where at the convention center will this meeting be taking place?

Valashar on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    The CCST arrival happens at the underground entrance to the convention center pictured below
    2862049276_c22710ea3d.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    So is anyone else getting really excited now that we're nearing up on the 1 - month mark?

orbdep on
  • Options
    drale03drale03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am!

drale03 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yay! You guys are going to have a blast! =) I'm going to change the OP right now so people see the link to sign up for the Pre-PAX Dinner if they can!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Plus it's going to be nice to get to know you folks a little before we all get snookered at the tri-wizard drinking tournament !Hufflepuff :)

orbdep on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    WOOO HUFFLEPUFF! It's gunna rock so friggin hard.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    arnonautarnonaut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey looking forward to it. This is my first time at PAX but will be my second time in Seattle, really looking forward to some good weather this time as last time was in mid January!

Catch you all at the starting line.

arnonaut on
    Boosh! And/or Kakow!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Define "good" weather. Because in Seattle, good weather is low 60s with clouds and maybe a little rain in the afternoon.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Eye-shuh hasn't the weather here been over 85 for the last week?!?!?! It has been nicer than the damn east coast!

And also, holy crap, I'm back from vacation and now there's sooooo little time until PAX! AAAAAH!

This week is going to be a major one in terms of finalization/organization of the tour, so everyone keep an eye out for updates and eye-shuh and VT, I'll be hunting you down shortly! :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LOL. I am prepared to be hunted.

And yes, it has been BALLS HOT here, and will continue to be through the week.

However, that was my description of what I WISH the weather would do.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    M ph0r MatureM ph0r Mature Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    "Good" Seattle weather sounds glorious. Here in OK it's raining and it's still in the 90s. Working outside is less than trilling in that weather.

M ph0r Mature on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, Good kansas weather, is when we get a few days of mid 80s and mild winds after a tornado storm comes through :) I'm looking forward to something a bit more.... predictable.

orbdep on
  • Options
    langbenjlangbenj Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well i have made up my mind and signed up for at least Wednesday. My lovely wife will be accompanying me so be kind to her (she is not well versed in the ways of the Penny Arcade). Looking forward to the fun.

langbenj on
    Elkton.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    so out of curiosity, what's our estimated cost for the tour, I started looking stuff up and some of it I think has like entrance fees and the like. do we know how much cash/etc we should be setting back for this?

orbdep on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    We'll have that settled out very very soon! Just got some numbers to call. :)

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh's working on the transportation costs, and I have to "wait to speak to a manager" for the underground tour group pricing, but depending on if they charge more/less per-person for a group reservation that will be around $15.

As for the other attractions: EMP, Aquarium, ... wait those are the only other two that will actually cost money. ... as for those two, I can see about group rates, or what kind of discount passes will be available. For EMP, the discount is 10% off, I'll have to email the Aquarium to see what theirs is.

If we do a group rate for those, we'll probably have to pre-pay (definitely for EMP), and probably for the Underground Tour as well. So, I'll have to figure out a way to get everyone to do a final-registration and payment sometime in the next few days, once we work out costs.

If anyone has any suggestions about this (Paypal? what kind of fees does that incur?), please let me know!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also, if we can get about 4-5 more people to drive, then we can probably fit everyone into cars, so we won't have to pay a crapload for a bus or other means of transportation!!! Any volunteers???

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i should be able to rent a Toyota Sienna from zip cars. I dont know the area that well but i have a gps and know how to use it. I should be able to fit total of 7/8 people my party's is 3 including my self so i should have room for 4/5 people if you would like me to rent the van just pm me or something.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
This discussion has been closed.