Options

Iwata GDC Keynote aftermath: storage solution, DSiware, Train Zelda

• Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I never leave keynotes and liveblogs unhappy—because I never have any expectations—but I love the schadenfreude. :) Being that this is a developers' conference, though, I do hope we get some meaty details on DSiWare.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    That's pretty awesome. I wonder what "random t-shirt" would entail.
    itsshiggyw.jpg
    Though people seem to forget this thing is no song and dance.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    I never leave keynotes and liveblogs unhappy—because I never have any expectations—but I love the schadenfreude. :) Being that this is a developers' conference, though, I do hope we get some meaty details on DSiWare.

I like how I know how to pronounce this word but don't know what it means!

Keynotes from any conference leave me with a mix of good and bad feelings. The last time a conference / keynotes left me ecstatic was when Twilight Princess was coming out.

And I still haven't played it, much to my dismay.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Nintendogs 2 compatible with new Wii Storage Solution megaton! Super-cool way for developers to get DLC out to people who think Zelda is scary and Mario too difficult!

Pikmin 3 and Punch-Out Wii trailers to satisfy the hardcore!

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Keynotes from any conference leave me with a mix of good and bad feelings. The last time a conference / keynotes left me ecstatic was when Twilight Princess was coming out.

schadenfreude: taking joy in other people's misery.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's pretty awesome. I wonder what "random t-shirt" would entail.
    itsshiggyw.jpg
    Though people seem to forget this thing is no song and dance.

I always appreciated him holding the sword and shield in the proper hands for that photo.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

"Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune." Which is really the main reason why I lurk GAF in the first place! Funnily enough, I know what it means but not really how to pronounce it.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    xeviqxeviq Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

schadenfreude: taking joy in other people's misery.
    Sadism, sadistic?

xeviq on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If this is like any other Nintendo keynote speech, it's gonna be hella boring and probably won't have any new stuff at all. :( Although, I'm crossing my fingers for the storage solution.

About that bingo chart, there's no space for "Iwata takes a bow!" Somebody fix this. :P

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Marikir wrote: »
    Well, this is not about GDC, but it is about conferences.

PA take on last year's E3 conferences.
    20080716.jpg

Hmm...how would you translate that middle panel to Japanese?

"私たちはすごく豊富です。くそ、ここを気にしないがいっぱいです。"
    At least that is what googlee translator says.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    12:01 PM: Iwata takes a bow.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If this is like any other Nintendo keynote speech, it's gonna be hella boring and probably won't have any new stuff at all. :(

New game is already confirmed by gaming press, and selected members have already played it.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

"Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune." Which is really the main reason why I lurk GAF in the first place! Funnily enough, I know what it means but not really how to pronounce it.

From dictionary.com: shahd-n-froi-duh

That is an excellent word to add to my vocabulary, and very apt for this conversation.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    elkatas wrote: »
    If this is like any other Nintendo keynote speech, it's gonna be hella boring and probably won't have any new stuff at all. :(

New game is already confirmed by gaming press, and selected members have already played it.

What are the chances this new stuff isn't gonna be "Wii Music 2" or something similar?

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

If you and I combine our powers, we'll be a complete dictionary!

That PA E3 comic is also not entirely accurate in hindsight. The last panel should really be saying something like, "2011 is the year guys!"

Henroid on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Random Tweet from Geoff Keighley:
    "Get ready for the big surprise!" - Total Recall

He's also apparently got an interview with Reggie coming up afterwards.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    What are the chances this new stuff isn't gonna be "Wii Music 2" or something similar?

Very high. One thing that people here forget is that Nintendo has over 15 internal studios, and some of more bigger studios haven't had even single game out during this generation. Casual games are done via single studio that is currently working on Wii Sports Resort.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I eagerly await the Pikmin 3 unveil.

When was the last time a keynote actually delivered a megaton? Was it the Twilight Princess biggie?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Believe!!!

chiwatabomb6di.jpg

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Which GDC did the whole "IWATA DROP THE BOMB" meme come from? And did he actually drop any bombs?

Lunker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, Team Twiizers has poked around the Wii store, and they can confirm there is big update coming out that at least blocks capability to do soft-mod.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Which GDC did the whole "IWATA DROP THE BOMB" meme come from? And did he actually drop any bombs?

It was I believe from a fake liveblog which also had such gold as "Iwata is taking a bow" and such.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Last GDC was pants (not in the good way) and the one before that wasn't particularly exciting.

It's about time they kicked some ass and took some names.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, Team Twiizers has poked around the Wii store, and they can confirm there is big update coming out.

Must...conceal...excitement....!

No seriously, I'm gonna wait until it's actually announced before going "ALL MY DICKS etc.", because it's not like Nintendo hasn't disappointed us before.

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    12:01 PM: Iwata takes a bow.

12:45 PM: Iwata is still talking about the DS

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sounds like it could be the SD storage solution.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, Team Twiizers has poked around the Wii store, and they can confirm there is big update coming out that at least blocks capability to do soft-mod.

YAY.

That may stop Nintendo from chasing after the homebrew scene. Maybe perhaps. Oh, who am I kidding?

I thought soft mod had already been blocked, hardware-wise in new systems, though.

RockinX on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Crossing my fingers for a DSi vc/virtual handheld >.>

I know, I'm raising my hopes just to have them crushed, but still.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I need a keynote link.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    RockinX wrote: »
    I thought soft mod had already been blocked, hardware-wise in new systems, though.

Nah. I'm speaking about routine that allows you to run backups of Wii and Gamecube games.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seriously, why would anyone be surprised at the Wii storage solution? Nintendo's said multiple times it's coming in spring, and last I checked flowers are blooming.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Seriously, why would anyone be surprised at the Wii storage solution? Nintendo's said multiple times it's coming in spring, and last I checked flowers are blooming.

Not here. Snow will on the ground for at least few weeks. :P

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Storage solution. DS Virtual Console is super-exciting and innovative and allows developers many super-exciting and innovative ways to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Pikmin 3 is very exciting, two minutes trailer. There, hardcore satisified.

"Doggies, sprained my ankle"-lady enters to play something. Mass hysteria, lynching.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »

For all the talk it's been given, I do hope that it's literally just "automatic read from/write to SD card" like everyone is thinking and not some goofy external hard drive solution. I already feel guilty about buying a larger hard drive for my 360, I don't think I'd shell out for a Wii one as well.

Lunker on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't be shocked if we get a Pikmin 3 announcement, since we know Nintendo's been working on it for years.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    pslong9 wrote: »

From dictionary.com: shahd-n-froi-duh

That is an excellent word to add to my vocabulary, and very apt for this conversation.
    I was going to post a video from a musical in order to continue on this tangent, but then I saw that this version is more appropiate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYzsRMaQpo

(Musical: Avenue Q, Female character: Gary Coleman)

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Line to Iwata's keynote:

4082442-1e29641f7e01bfe0bb5bcd49cc89069e.49ca5052-full.jpg

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited March 2009

That is outstanding! Bookmarked for future usage. :D

Lunker on
  • Options
    Shibbi BibbiShibbi Bibbi Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh snap, they're going to announce Bob's Game!

Shibbi Bibbi on
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Booo, time to disable the WiFi on this thing. :(

Allforce on