As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii]ZeldaTP-LastWords:SilverWindxMidnaxZelda

• Options
    OverlordOverlord Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I need some help with a later part in the game

[spoiler:d212902152]Im at the part where you have to collect the letters for a book by finding the owl statues, and there is one on the map, at the part where there is purple gas on the ground in the forest, and I can't figure out how to get to it?[/spoiler:d212902152]

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
  • Options
    jeffcjeffc Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Overlord wrote:
    I need some help with a later part in the game

[spoiler:da3f010b7e]Im at the part where you have to collect the letters for a book by finding the owl statues, and there is one on the map, at the part where there is purple gas on the ground in the forest, and I can't figure out how to get to it?[/spoiler:da3f010b7e]

[spoiler:da3f010b7e]You're trying to approach it from the right? Try getting to it from the left.[/spoiler:da3f010b7e]

jeffc on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    YesNoMu wrote:
    The statue puzzle makes me glad I have the solution image from the OP. Took too damn long.

Playing through again, I'd forgotten how much character and emotion there is in the first couple hours. I gotta say, though, some great voice acting would have improved them even more.
    Even though I hate being one of those people, fuck giving Zelda voice acting. Fuck it in the ass.

Also, soundtrack question. Does anyone know the name of the music from when
    [realspoiler:1336d3710f]Wolf-Link is taking the badly wounded Midna to see Zelda?[/realspoiler:1336d3710f]

It plays in the background all the time during that part, except when there are enemies near. Best piece I've heard from the entire game, and would love to buy it from maybe iTunes if they have it.

Edit: Fixed for precaution.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I cant't figure out how to get to it on the left side. I hop on the branches and such but it just takes me to the far side.

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Overlord wrote:
    I cant't figure out how to get to it on the left side. I hop on the branches and such but it just takes me to the far side.
    No, it's not actually there. Check your map again and zoom in.

Elendil on
  • Options
    h3nduh3ndu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LavaKnight wrote:
    tarnok wrote:
    Chen wrote:
    Ninja Bot wrote:
    3. Who else couldn't figure out the puzzle to get to the [spoiler:353f9f1984]Master Sword?[/spoiler:353f9f1984]
    Got it in, like, 30 minutes. Woo, go me.

After about 45 minutes I looked up the solution on Gamefaqs. A moment of weakness...

I actually worked out that there were places that I could manuever the statues into where they would only be able to move out in certain directions, and then figured out the moves to solve from those positions.

I can't remember how to do it. This puzzle makes me not want to start a new game.

I spent like an hour on it before I gave up and decided to go to bed. When I woke up, I solved it in like 5 minutes.

What a puzzle.

I dicked around randomly moving for about 10 minutes.

after that I sat down with a piece of paper and a pencil - for about a half hour I plotted out possible routes, until I figured out the correct procedure.

edit - my eight year old neighbor took like five minutes with it.

:?

h3ndu on
    Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Got it:) Thanks

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That puzzle took me 5, 6 minutes to do maybe? Which seemed like a long time to me. It wasn't that hard.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mausmalone wrote:
    Mace1370 wrote:
    Question about dungeons: is there anyway to save, exit the game entirely, and not restart at the beginning of the dungeon? I'm thinking maybe zone out with that chicken thing then save and reload (then use the chicken thing to zone in to where you were previously).

I forgot all about that thing. I'm at the water temple now and don't have that thing in my inventory. Should I have found it by now? I remember finding the one in the forest temple and getting a letter from it after but that's it.

Well, here's the thing with the dungeons in general (but especially that one) ... they're constructed so that they work off a central hub (which may be 3 or 4 rooms in, but there's always a hub). What you want to do is get to a point in the dungeon that takes you back to the hub, then you can save & exit. That way, when you start up again, you just need to make it back to the hub to pick up where you left off.

[spoiler:ca153c86bd]The one dungeon that doesn't work like that, namely the seventh (sky), you can't use that trick on. Makes it the most annoying one by far.[/spoiler:ca153c86bd]

Daedalus on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    AH! I caught the Hylian Loach! Take that!

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHat's the Oocco location for dungeon 4?

I'm paranoid about getting everythng like that but right now I'm on the second half of the dungeon. I just..
    [spoiler:8f591e5153]killed the 4 poes. Did I miss it or is she further in?[/spoiler:8f591e5153]

JJ on
  • Options
    SlandererSlanderer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I beat the game a few weeks back, but now that i have component video cables, i'm playing it some more....

...and let me say, roll a goal sucks.

It can die. DIE.

I'm so bad at it..

Slanderer on
    Midshipman wrote:
    Looks like the Catholic Church would have fired the Virgin Mary if they had been in business back then.
    Hey, if God had sent an angel down to the principal's office that said, "Don't fire the bitch, the big man knocked her up." I am sure he would have given it due consideration.
    Wii Code: 1231 4448 8299 3147 ((Send me a PM and come join the party))
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I figured out the statue thing pretty quick, which I'm proud of. Once I realized you could bounce them off each other it was easy.

Food on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JJ wrote:

I'm paranoid about getting everythng like that but right now I'm on the second half of the dungeon. I just..
    [spoiler:9ff3cafea6]killed the 4 poes. Did I miss it or is she further in?[/spoiler:9ff3cafea6]
    [spoiler:9ff3cafea6]If I remember correctly, Oocco is in a pot that is in the main big room with the four blue flames that you first see the four poes in. Instead of going up the big staircase to the next part of the dungeon, look to the left of the staircase. There's some sand, and on the other side there's a little cranny where you'll see the pot bouncing.[/spoiler:9ff3cafea6]

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    JellyMeetsJamJellyMeetsJam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GOD DAMN why did I read the spoiler having to do with the [spoiler:b21608ac13]sky dungeon[/spoiler:b21608ac13] Aw hell, I guess I should have figured there would be one considering Minish Cap and Four Swords both had one.

JellyMeetsJam on
  • Options
    Original RufusOriginal Rufus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Having just reached Dungeon 6, I'd really, really like to see a fan-accepted timeline of this series.

I assume Ocarina is somewhere at the beginning and Wind Waker is somewhere nearer to the end.

Original Rufus on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Having just reached Dungeon 6, I'd really, really like to see a fan-accepted timeline of this series.

I assume Ocarina is somewhere at the beginning and Wind Waker is somewhere nearer to the end.

I think it's OoT->LttP->All of the others myself.

It just seems right.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    Original RufusOriginal Rufus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MechMantis wrote:

It just seems right.

My question is, does TP take place before or after LttP?

Original Rufus on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MechMantis wrote:

It just seems right.

My question is, does TP take place before or after LttP?
    Edit: Endgame spoilers, sorta:
    [spoiler:c29e686a12]If the Dark World is the Twilight Realm, and the Magic Mirror is the Twilight Mirror, than ALttP has to take place before TP.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking with it.[/spoiler:c29e686a12]

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    SNESSNES Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The [spoiler:0dd79e46ba]Dual Clawshots[/spoiler:0dd79e46ba] are the best item ever.

Seriously. I'm getting Spiderman/Voldo vibes just looking at them.

SNES on
    MP:H-2019-3115-7752
    MKDS Friend Code: 476-802-986-689
    AC:WW Friend Code:3823-1420-6253
    Pokemon Friend Code: 3222 2050 0417
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SNES wrote:
    The [spoiler:756c55f5d0]Dual Clawshots[/spoiler:756c55f5d0] are the best item ever.

Spiderman, I can understand.

But THAT fruit? What is wrong with you?!

Hell, his non-mummy costume has a visible codpiece.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    ManyorcasManyorcas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    regarding 100% completion; how is it possible to know if you got the largest of each type of fish in the normal/lure fishing? You never got a heart piece or anything like that for doing it so it's essentially a skipable side-quest to '100%' that you don't know if you've completed or not.

It's bugging the heck out of me!

Manyorcas on
  • Options
    krazykarl1982krazykarl1982 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alrighty guys... having a problem here. I dont know if this was posted before, but I dont really feel like siftin through 112 pages.

Im only past the 3rd dungeon and about to make my way through the

[spoiler:d13ad87f23]desert[/spoiler:d13ad87f23] but before I do, trying to go for all the damn

[spoiler:d13ad87f23]bugs.[/spoiler:d13ad87f23]

I looked at a faq and hurt my own pride doing so, but I absolutely need and want the friggin
    [spoiler:d13ad87f23]largest coin purse possible from the insane bug girl [/spoiler:d13ad87f23] so I dont have to worry about money later.

Thing is, Im having trouble getting back in the
    [spoiler:d13ad87f23]sacred grove[/spoiler:d13ad87f23] becuase theres a stupid wooden wall in the wall and I dont know or remember what the hell do to.

Everyone know what im talkin about? Just after you
    [spoiler:d13ad87f23]run across the rope in wolf form after dodging the trunk pendulums
    [/spoiler:d13ad87f23]

I need to get in there to find the
    [spoiler:d13ad87f23]last two bugs[/spoiler:d13ad87f23]

Christ, spoiling code
    [spoiler:d13ad87f23]is such a pain in the ass
    [/spoiler:d13ad87f23]
    but ill be damned if im going to go on say, gamefaqs or some shit and ruin 25hrs worth of good times in 5minutes.

Pre-emptive "Thanks guys"

krazykarl1982 on
    sig.php?tag=krazykarlito
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Alrighty guys... *snip*

If I'm understanding you correctly (Spoiler code makes it a bit awkward to read too like that), you are able go back later, but can't return now.

Manyorcas on
  • Options
    SNESSNES Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    SNES wrote:
    The [spoiler:2ab62e9e78]Dual Clawshots[/spoiler:2ab62e9e78] are the best item ever.

Spiderman, I can understand.

But THAT fruit? What is wrong with you?!

Hell, his non-mummy costume has a visible codpiece.

Hey. HEY.

Voldo is awesome. Don't knock the codpiece.

Who didn't think Voldo's katars when they saw those things?

SNES on
    MP:H-2019-3115-7752
    MKDS Friend Code: 476-802-986-689
    AC:WW Friend Code:3823-1420-6253
    Pokemon Friend Code: 3222 2050 0417
  • Options
    krazykarl1982krazykarl1982 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I f you say go back later, this I will do. Sorry about the tangled mess that was, but much appreciated regardless.

krazykarl1982 on
    sig.php?tag=krazykarlito
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I f you say go back later, this I will do. Sorry about the tangled mess that was, but much appreciated regardless.

Honestly, I never exactly tried going back. [spoiler:4c7e383d80] but the story will definitely take you back and I'm just assuming that that's when whatever is stopping you now will disappear.[/spoiler:4c7e383d80]

Edited for spoiler, I think what I said was a bit too blunt and doesn't really help anyway. :oops:

Manyorcas on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zilla84 wrote:
    YesNoMu wrote:
    The statue puzzle makes me glad I have the solution image from the OP. Took too damn long.

Playing through again, I'd forgotten how much character and emotion there is in the first couple hours. I gotta say, though, some great voice acting would have improved them even more.
    Even though I hate being one of those people, fuck giving Zelda voice acting. Fuck it in the ass.

[realspoiler:375bbe7a97]Wolf-Link is taking the badly wounded Midna to see Zelda?[/realspoiler:375bbe7a97]

It plays in the background all the time during that part, except when there are enemies near. Best piece I've heard from the entire game, and would love to buy it from maybe iTunes if they have it.

It is called[spoiler:375bbe7a97]Midna's Desperate Hour.[/spoiler:375bbe7a97] I'm listening to it now.

And really, I think good voice acting could add to the game. I'd like to hear Colin's petulant stammer, or Malo's droll sarcasm.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There's no official OST yet, so.. no official name for that song. OST is sheduled for release in Japan though, so we'll find out then.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    JJ wrote:

[spoiler:9386da4c5b]killed the 4 poes. Did I miss it or is she further in?[/spoiler:9386da4c5b]
    [spoiler:9386da4c5b]If I remember correctly, Oocco is in a pot that is in the main big room with the four blue flames that you first see the four poes in. Instead of going up the big staircase to the next part of the dungeon, look to the left of the staircase. There's some sand, and on the other side there's a little cranny where you'll see the pot bouncing.[/spoiler:9386da4c5b]

[spoiler:9386da4c5b]I don't think that's correct. This is the dungeon IIRC in which you don't get Ooccoo until much later. Certainly beyond the 4 poe flame room.[/spoiler:9386da4c5b]

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Haha, late to the party m i rite, JJ?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not sure if this has already been talked about, but just curious how many hours those of you who have finished the game have accumulated? Myself, I racked up 63 hours even upon completion, and now plan to go back and gather all of the bugs and poe souls I missed along the way.

Dourin on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alrighty guys... having a problem here. I dont know if this was posted before, but I dont really feel like siftin through 112 pages.

Im only past the 3rd dungeon and about to make my way through the

[spoiler:a14f1b2490]desert[/spoiler:a14f1b2490] but before I do, trying to go for all the damn

[spoiler:a14f1b2490]bugs.[/spoiler:a14f1b2490]

I looked at a faq and hurt my own pride doing so, but I absolutely need and want the friggin
    [spoiler:a14f1b2490]largest coin purse possible from the insane bug girl [/spoiler:a14f1b2490] so I dont have to worry about money later.

Thing is, Im having trouble getting back in the
    [spoiler:a14f1b2490]sacred grove[/spoiler:a14f1b2490] becuase theres a stupid wooden wall in the wall and I dont know or remember what the hell do to.

Everyone know what im talkin about? Just after you
    [spoiler:a14f1b2490]run across the rope in wolf form after dodging the trunk pendulums
    [/spoiler:a14f1b2490]

I need to get in there to find the
    [spoiler:a14f1b2490]last two bugs[/spoiler:a14f1b2490]

Christ, spoiling code
    [spoiler:a14f1b2490]is such a pain in the ass
    [/spoiler:a14f1b2490]
    but ill be damned if im going to go on say, gamefaqs or some shit and ruin 25hrs worth of good times in 5minutes.

Pre-emptive "Thanks guys"
    You can't go back for a while. Even if you could, you'd need the item from dungeon 6 to get one of the bugs.

Graviija on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Legend of Tony Hawk: Twilight Skater

:lol: part was so dumb

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    YesNoMu wrote:
    Zilla84 wrote:
    YesNoMu wrote:

[realspoiler:41730849c5]Wolf-Link is taking the badly wounded Midna to see Zelda?[/realspoiler:41730849c5]

It is called[spoiler:41730849c5]Midna's Desperate Hour.[/spoiler:41730849c5] I'm listening to it now.

And really, I think good voice acting could add to the game. I'd like to hear Colin's petulant stammer, or Malo's droll sarcasm.

My girlfriend and I were talking about the voice acting thing and we came to the conclusion that it would be best if it was voice acted, but it is all spoken in hylian so all versions of the game have the same voice track. That way, you get all of the emotion that you would get from a dub but you don't have to worry about really shitty actors.

Think how midna talks to you, it's kind of like that.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    JJ wrote:

[spoiler:2279b2fd69]killed the 4 poes. Did I miss it or is she further in?[/spoiler:2279b2fd69]
    [spoiler:2279b2fd69]If I remember correctly, Oocco is in a pot that is in the main big room with the four blue flames that you first see the four poes in. Instead of going up the big staircase to the next part of the dungeon, look to the left of the staircase. There's some sand, and on the other side there's a little cranny where you'll see the pot bouncing.[/spoiler:2279b2fd69]

[spoiler:2279b2fd69]I don't think that's correct. This is the dungeon IIRC in which you don't get Ooccoo until much later. Certainly beyond the 4 poe flame room.[/spoiler:2279b2fd69]

[spoiler:2279b2fd69]Yea, Ooccoo is so deep in the dungeon that getting her is damn pointless. I just finished this dungeon last night.[/spoiler:2279b2fd69]

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Legend of Tony Hawk: Twilight Skater

:lol: part was so dumb

If you're talking about the [spoiler:2eb42146ac]snowboarding [/spoiler:2eb42146ac] then you're wrong, it was awesome! Or I thought so at least.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jesus Christ! Whoever hid the Poe [spoiler:c4f2cda5ef]that requires you to backtrack up the snowboard slope on foot[/spoiler:c4f2cda5ef] is a fucking sadist.

There needed to be a way of narrowing down your Poe hunt areas like how the map told you when you cleared an area of Skulltulas in OoT.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jesus Christ! Whoever hid the Poe [spoiler:139679bad9]that requires you to backtrack up the snowboard slope on foot[/spoiler:139679bad9] is a fucking sadist.

There needed to be a way of narrowing down your Poe hunt areas like how the map told you when you cleared an area of Skulltulas in OoT.

Thanks, I know I'd never have found that one should I have time to do 100% any time soon.

Manyorcas on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jesus Christ! Whoever hid the Poe [spoiler:5f228ac95a]that requires you to backtrack up the snowboard slope on foot[/spoiler:5f228ac95a] is a fucking sadist.

Or just give the Goddamn fortune teller some ghost and bug finding powers. I don't know why they didn't include the option. You get like a million rupees anyway.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
This discussion has been closed.