Options

Scary Shit

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nads wrote: »
    This is where I just post the same thing I always post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

Fuck, I gotta stop posting, I need to finish this fucking paper.

that just makes me think of (not actually a spoiler for anything)
    bunny.jpg

which is terrifying

L|ama on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is where I just post the same thing I always post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

Fuck, I gotta stop posting, I need to finish this fucking paper.

Urban Legends scare you?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not that creepy.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DarkPrimus' av/sig combo is pretty scary.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Scary sexy.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Scary scary.

L|ama on
  • Options
    NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't remember saying that that scared me, just that I always post it.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My dad really freaked my brother and I out once, when we were really young.

We were out camping in the fall, as we often did, but our mother stayed at home this time. My dad was a pretty awesome storyteller, or at least he was for kids of our age then, and so he said he was going to tell us a scary story. A TRUE scary story. He asked if we knew why our mother didn't come camping with us... we didn't, and he said it was because of the escaped murderer. There was a convict that had escaped from the penitentiary a few miles away... he'd smuggled some utensils out of the kitchen and smelted them into an axe in the workshop, and hacked his way through a few guards and out the fence... and he was on the loose RIGHT NOW!

I don't recall if my brother bought this immediately, but I was a bit incredulous. "Hahaha, yeah right Dad," I remember saying... and then the patrol car came by with its lights flashing... The officer got out of the car and came over to us, asking if we were all right, and then he started informing us that there was an escaped convict on the loose around here, and that he was believed to be armed with a large ax. Okay, NOW we're freaking out, and after enjoying us freak out for a short while my father bursts out laughing and thanks his state patrol buddy for helping him pull one over on us.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    But wouldn't that technically make you afraid of aliens.

No, because E.T. taught me that aliens, much like minorities, are not all bad.

There are no good clowns.
    E.T., is in fact, the scariest movie ever filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0U-M9W4nKw
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffuck

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

We were out camping in the fall, as we often did, but our mother stayed at home this time. My dad was a pretty awesome storyteller, or at least he was for kids of our age then, and so he said he was going to tell us a scary story. A TRUE scary story. He asked if we knew why our mother didn't come camping with us... we didn't, and he said it was because of the escaped murderer. There was a convict that had escaped from the penitentiary a few miles away... he'd smuggled some utensils out of the kitchen and smelted them into an axe in the workshop, and hacked his way through a few guards and out the fence... and he was on the loose RIGHT NOW!

I don't recall if my brother bought this immediately, but I was a bit incredulous. "Hahaha, yeah right Dad," I remember saying... and then the patrol car came by with its lights flashing... The officer got out of the car and came over to us, asking if we were all right, and then he started informing us that there was an escaped convict on the loose around here, and that he was believed to be armed with a large ax. Okay, NOW we're freaking out, and after enjoying us freak out for a short while my father bursts out laughing and thanks his state patrol buddy for helping him pull one over on us.

This is the best/worst thing ever to do to your kids

matthias00 on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't really care for horror movies but the thought of experiencing terrible things can be rather discomforting. I hate it more when they're true though.

Probably the "scariest" thing I've read lately was about the lady who basically got her face and jaw torn off by a chimp and lived.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    matthias00 wrote: »

This is the best/worst thing ever to do to your kids

It should be noted that he did not pull this sort of shit on us regularly.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ChunkyBrewsterChunkyBrewster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Coreo wrote: »
    I just can't believe they managed to convince people to blink while they were getting executed.

Like they're thinking about so much and then they're like "Oh right! The blinking!"

"This is for posterity, so be honest. How do you feel?"

I don't know what you're talking about

did they try to make people blink once their head was seperated from their body or something

Basically, a scientist told a dude to blink as many times as he could after the blade came down to see how long the head could live away from the body. The dude agreed because hey, why not?

Interesting article linked below on lucid decapitation. Couldn't stop thinking about how awful it must be for some time after reading this.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=495

ChunkyBrewster on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just can't believe they managed to convince people to blink while they were getting executed.

Like they're thinking about so much and then they're like "Oh right! The blinking!"

did they try to make people blink once their head was seperated from their body or something

Basically, a scientist told a dude to blink as many times as he could after the blade came down to see how long the head could live away from the body. The dude agreed because hey, why not?

Interesting article linked below on lucid decapitation. Couldn't stop thinking about how awful it must be for some time after reading this.

Congratulations, you have hereby prevented me from sleeping ever again.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Can't sleep, proletariats will behead me?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Can't sleep, proletariats will behead me?

...YES. This needs to be on a T-shirt or something, man. Better than that stupid wacky Hot Topic shit. I like my humor to teach me things about history, thank you very much.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090401/hl_time/08599188871800

I keep hoping it's an April Fool's Day joke. I hate when people give her a platform to spill her nonsense.

I had to stop reading after this part. My god, she's stupid.
    Many scientists believe we're simply diagnosing autism differently now - both overdiagnosing it in kids who don't have it and spotting it better in kids who do. That makes it look like the condition is on the rise when it's not.

All you have to do is find a schoolteacher or principal and ask them that question. They would say they've never seen so much ADHD, autism, OCD as in the past. I think we're overdiagnosing it by maybe 1%. Now you look around and there are five shadows - kids with disabilities - in every class.

To put it another way, she's basically saying that the guy asking the question is wrong, while missing the point that her own example proves the questioner right.

goddammit.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zombot wrote: »
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I know a few people who are scared of clowns. They all have one thing in common: Watching "It" when they were way too young.

Try Attack of the Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

I saw this as a kid. Thought it was a pretty fun movie.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signs fucked me up pretty bad.

Yeah. I know. Believe me, I know.

The deal with Signs was that Shyamalan added scary music and disturbing camera cuts when there wasn't anything disturbing at all. Watching that movie made me so paranoid when there was absolutely no reason to be afraid.

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signs was an awesome first half movie and a miserable shitbutt second half

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just like Shyamalan's career!

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    buhzing

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    what a twist

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    dp I am surprised there are no nipples on that optimus

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    more importantly

where is her spark

:winky:

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Silly monkey, Transformers are not mammals, DUH.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    dp I am surprised there are no nipples on that optimus

Full-size picture has more detail.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Silly monkey, Transformers are not mammals, DUH.
    I can still rub my dick up against it though, right?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You are an ape/monkey, I would be surprised if you didn't hump it or whatever.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    humphumphump

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Your babies will be little Optimus Primals

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I maintain that Signs had some excellent direction and some seriously well executed moments

Shymalan just needs to stop writing his own stupid bullshit and start writing someone else's less stupid bullshit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I might sound like a 15 year old, but Scary Movie 3 is some hilarious shit

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

I maintain that Signs had some excellent direction and some seriously well executed moments

Shymalan just needs to stop writing his own stupid bullshit and start writing someone else's less stupid bullshit

Personally, I fucking love signs. I think kevin smith pointed out how the bit where you see the alien show up on the video tape is completely and totally taken stylistically from that famous fake video of bigfoot you always used to see on unsolved mysteries and shit like that. My favorite part of the movie, hands down.

Milquetoast Thug on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Personally, I fucking love signs. I think kevin smith pointed out how the bit where you see the alien show up on the video tape is completely and totally taken stylistically from that famous fake video of bigfoot you always used to see on unsolved mysteries and shit like that. My favorite part of the movie, hands down.

It still lives on as being one of the scariest things I've seen in a movie (first time around, anyway)

nearly shat myself

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Signs was great. You just have to stop thinking of it as a science fiction movie.

Shorty on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Oh Jesus that terrified me. I didn't even finish the movie, and that terrified me. I had to run panicking out of the theater when Mel Gibson's character went to explore that house where one of the aliens was trapped. I just couldn't take it.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I like how everything in the world just kind of stops when the aliens invade

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I hated how they forgot their dogs, though. It was pointless and sad.

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Harrier wrote: »

Oh Jesus that terrified me. I didn't even finish the movie, and that terrified me. I had to run panicking out of the theater when Mel Gibson's character went to explore that house where one of the aliens was trapped. I just couldn't take it.

I loved how in the scene right before that M. Night's character is just sitting in the car talking to Mel Gibson, and to wrap up he's like, "Gotta go. By the way, I trapped one of the aliens in my pantry." And he turns to look at him and he's just got this dead-eyed, thousand-yard-stare.

Butler on