As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Cube - Cube Victory!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You guys should go over what happened in Cube.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Quiet you. You'll get your chance to die when I run Cube2: Hyperphallacube.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    You'll get your chance to die when I run Cube2: Hyperphallacube.

Fuck that when that phalla is up I am just staying in the first room!

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009

The only way to win is to be mentally handicapped!

Obbi on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    East sounds like a good direction and Obbi can take the smelly stinky shoe. :D

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Obbi wrote: »

The only way to win is to be mentally handicapped!
    No he didn't win. If you look at the opening narration (pre-sign ups), it states that the math guy GOT us to the right "level" and then died. We know the exit is in this plane of the cube. That is why we are playing in a square instead of the whole cube.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Does the boat have any....laces.... so that we can throw it into a room and still get it back if there is a motion detecting trap? I swear I came up with that idea on my owned. <.<

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    wow holy typos batman.
    boat = boot
    owned = own

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Look, I don't care what the hell's up with the boot, I'm just interested in the foot!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You should be playing in a cube instead.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Does the boat have any....laces.... so that we can throw it into a room and still get it back if there is a motion detecting trap? I swear I came up with that idea on my owned. <.<

The boot is suspiciously lace free.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    how about the foot, what's it got goin' on

sock, perhaps?

Obbi on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

The boot is suspiciously lace free.

Ok ok, but what about the boat? I mean... a boat with laces. This has gotta be some boat!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm on a boat! Wait, what?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh, and Obbi, if you want the foot, take it.
    Feet aren't really my thing.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll be out late tonight, when I get back I'll end the day if everyone has checked in.

Remember to send me your actions.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What time does the day end at?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Obbi I guess...and know what, NORTH

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vote close will be Midnight EST.

or until everybody sends in their actions.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    North it is!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Obbi

But i'm sure this is a part of his plot.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Do I look like a person who has a plan?

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yes, albeit, a very twisted one...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, I can tell you that if we go north two spaces, we'll be in a good position. I spent a lot of time listening to math guy.

However, I doubt there'll be a path north twice, and even if there is, it might be more prudent to go around the square directly north of us. Oh, and you're all going to die. I'm getting the feeling that we're in the bottom left corner if you imagine the map as a square, rather than being in the middle of it.

!Obbi, you should pick up that shoe. It could be useful. If it helps, imagine it as a fish.

I vote we go !East, then work our way north and then back again. But we're all going to die, just accept it. Every single one.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    now see, that guy's plannin' ahead. You want I should take 'em with me to grab that shoe?

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Is it the room we are moving to that triggers the trap, or the room we are currently in? I ask because I'm holding out in the hope that there's a clue in the narration of the room's description as to how we're meant to move.

Oh yeah, everyone suck on a button. It'll keep your mouth producing saliva. And don't get burned by flamethrowers unless it's in someplace that everyone can see, so we learn from your mistakes.

(Exarch, if you make someone get burned by flamethrowers and make everyone hate me tomorrow I will use very stern emoticons in my next post tomorrow.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pft, like he's gonna tell us where the trap is.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, he -might- let slip which room our movement-order is for, and if it's the room we're in (which makes most sense), then there could be a clue in the narration.

How about we all Sneak, and if we all die, it's a real short Phalla?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Can I half play this and expound upon possible cube scenarios?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Obbi for the boot.

I'm just going to do a not-so-epic reveal here. My character role is The Observer, which means I notice small details about rooms. Right now, I can see that the room to the East has a thin layer of sand on the floor. Anyone know what this might mean?

I'm just going to vote !East in any case.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    !Obbi for the boot.

I'm just going to do a not-so-epic reveal here. My character role is The Observer, which means I notice small details about rooms. Right now, I can see that the room to the East has a thin layer of sand on the floor. Anyone know what this might mean?

I'm just going to vote !East in any case.

Weird I got the same role and thats how I noticed the pressure plate to the east

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah see now I think !North might be an idea.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Whoa whoa whoa. You didn't think to tell us there was a pressure plate and sand to the East as we vote for it?

WTF man.

North

unless there is something that way that you didn't tell us about either.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Good job intuition! You saved me from havin' to change my vote.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vote closed as of Midnight. Narration incoming.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Room 1
    "North it is then, good call."

"Great, so lets go!" Ohtsam barked. He then bolted North, ignoring the gory remains of the boot as he ran by.

"Oooh a boot!" Obbi bent down and picked it up, eagerly examining the foot still lodged inside it.
    It looked like it had been shorn clean off of some poor guys leg, by what he didn't know.

He found out, when Ohtsam landed on the wrong tile. A steel mesh of razor thin wire flew up from the panel and sliced him to ribbons. His momentum carried him forward and when he landed there was only a bloody mess left.

Element Brian took one look at the corpse and let out an ear piercing scream.

"Come on guys, North!"

Overcoming their horror, the rest of the group made their way carefully through the room, entering the next one safely. Doing a quick head count someone realized that there were three people left.

SimonWolf, Orange Soda, and DasUberEdward stood in the first room arguing about something. They stopped for a moment, and looked up to see that they'd been left behind. Panic filled their eyes and they both ran full tilt towards the northern exit.

Again there was a quick slicing sound and a wet thud as a body hit the tiled floor. Simonwolf had been cut to ribbons. DasUberEdward and Orange Soda counted themselves lucky that they hadn't been killed as well.

Cube_NES.jpg

Now the group stood at the entrance to a room with glass tiles on the ground, walls, and ceiling.

There was an exit to the east north, and back the way they came, south, though going back seemed a poor idea.

The dead
    SimonWolf, the Observant
    Ohtsam, the Observant

Note: Failure to send in a move action will result in you randomly acting.

Vote close will be Thursday at Midnight, EST.

PMs going out now.

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    South!

Just Kidding?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Couple questions.

Obbi:
    Did you find out the limitations on the boot?

DasUberEdward:
    Why were you and Simonwolf arguing. Are you bad aligned and trying to distract someone that admitted to knowing stuff in the thread?

Kay:
    Why so pessimistic?
    Kay wrote: »
    So, I can tell you that if we go north two spaces, we'll be in a good position. I spent a lot of time listening to math guy.

However, I doubt there'll be a path north twice, and even if there is, it might be more prudent to go around the square directly north of us. Oh, and you're all going to die. I'm getting the feeling that we're in the bottom left corner if you imagine the map as a square, rather than being in the middle of it.

I vote we go East, then work our way north and then back again. But we're all going to die, just accept it. Every single one.

Looking back on this now I def. Realize i misinterpreted what our observers were saying. If we had gone east we would have been in a room with a pressure sensitive something that we could sneak past (i assume the sand would be the bad stuff that happened). Kay is telling us that the room north of the one we are in now is "good" or something, but that it was prolly a bad idea to go strait there.

I think we should head East
    and go around this room we are in as best as possible. I really feel like based on what kay was saying, bad stuff is going to happen in this room, so I don't want to run strait across it. There is also the possibility of going back into the room we just came from (we now know running is bad and the east room of that we should be able to easily get passed by sneaking. We wouldn't have to risk these glass floors that I don't see ending well.

The question is if we cross this room, what do you think is the best way to do it?
    Run so if the glass starts breaking you still make it?
    Walk and hope the glass doesn't break?
    Sneak - I don't think this would be any more advantageous than walking, but who knows. The glass might also be pressure sensitive.

To everyone:
    Since Exarch said "the majority will be able to win by escaping" or something like that. How hard should we be trying to root out baddies? I'm guessing by the implication of Exarch, not everyone's win condition is to get out. With a game that is now down to 7 people, if people are actively working against us, we should be able to find it out quickly. I have no idea if we have any kind of seer/vig mechanic or if the "argue with someone and distract them thing" was even a mechanic at all or just flavor. Ohtsam, Simonwolf, and DUE may have all chosen to run last night and DUE is still alive due to RNG. So DUE, I would really love to hear what you have to say regarding why you were arguing/ why you didn't die the same way as simonwolf.

If there are baddies, which I think there are, it may be advantageous to try to find that out sooner rather than later.

Epic Reveal
    I am a copy cat. My power is of limited usefulness so I consider myself to be (I am assuming) the most useless roll to the group. Instead of sending in an action (run, walk, sneak), I can choose to do the exact same thing as whoever's name I send in. If you can think of a useful way to use this, let me know. At this point if you trust me, and feel like pm'ing me any info you want shared to the group (if there are any more observer like rolls left). I don't know if there is a kill mechanic in place, but if I die it may be very likely there is. I don't really think my ability makes me a target other than that I am trying to network people. Like I said this is a small game (7 people left). It shouldn't be hard to find out who doesn't have an escape win condition (not that we may have any vote or kill of our owned, but we can figure that out later)

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok the original narration did not have my name in it, so apparently I was arguing too. I still have no idea what this is about unless DUE can help clear it up.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Alright, I can use the boot to toss it into a room, or toss it at a player. Doesn't say what'll happen really, other than the fact that I'm tossin' a boot around!

oh yeah, one use item.

!East we go, though it wouldn't be the same room we would've ended up. I'm okay with it, though.

Obbi on