As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So not ready to make a [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    How does the guy who says "maybe this person shouldn't be judged so harshly" get infracted and the guy who says "slap her" doesn't? I thought illegal advice was against the rules?

I think they both deserve infractions. Preach comes off as a troll even if he isn't being one in his head.

Your argument seems to be:

A) I don't agree with Preacher.
    B) I'm really sure that I'm right, and really sure that it's obvious I'm right.
    C) Nobody could honestly agree with Preacher... that would involve not noticing that I'm obviously right.
    D) Preacher must not agree with Preacher.
    E) Preacher's a troll!

A) Nobody could honestly agree with Preacher.
    B) Preacher must not agree with Preacher.
    C) Preacher's a troll!

I suppose it's possible that you just don't think Preacher could hold those opinions based on previous posts, but however you came to your conclusion, I take issue with your premises.

Edit: People seem to be arrayed against me here, I am going to go re-read the thread and see if I missed something.

I explained my premises a bit more than that.

A) The OP steadfastly implies it was a monogamous relationship
    B) His snooping is a seperate issue from the cheating issue. Is it wrong to snoop? Yes. Why does his snooping make him a liar, and what does he GAIN by lying in an H/A thread where nobody -really- cares to begin with?
    C) Preach comes in and decides Snooping through computer= Lying about the exsclusivity of the relationship.
    D) WHAT?
    E) He implies that everyone is being a bunch of stoneage males for calling someone out for cheating.
    F) WHAT?

Ludious on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The damn cheating girlfriend thread is diverting precious attention from my router thread.

:sad: Guys. If I don't get a new router, my fiancee will abuse me.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    a cake oven
    blockbuster-oven-liberia.jpg

that's pretty damn ingenious

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    An-D: You should probably ask Elki why your thread was locked, but from my perspective, you didn't propose an argument. You basically said, "Look at this! Discuss!" which is frowned upon. You at least need to start with your own formulated opinion.

Ludious:
    And if the OP really was in a poly relationship and decided to play the cheat card...why would he post on H/A about it? It just doesn't make any sense. If they were in a poly relationship who could he convince that they weren't?

Gimme some background here. Poly people can still cheat - just because you're poly doesn't mean you have free license to go around a-fucking hither and thither. What are you guys talking about?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sarksus is the best couch buddy

he barely even wakes up when I jizz in his mouth

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    ha ha

you're such a homp.

you love it

Yes, Podly, we all love it. Stop gloating.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Actually I want an OP about that whole pirate fiasco.

I made the last Pirate thread, but honestly haven't been paying too much attention to it this time around.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Actually I want an OP about that whole pirate fiasco.

I made the last Pirate thread, but honestly haven't been paying too much attention to it this time around.

Well they killed them. In some really weird way.

And now the pirates are pissed. It all seems very off.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    And if the OP really was in a poly relationship and decided to play the cheat card...why would he post on H/A about it? It just doesn't make any sense. If they were in a poly relationship who could he convince that they weren't?

Gimme some background here. Poly people can still cheat - just because you're poly doesn't mean you have free license to go around a-fucking hither and thither. What are you guys talking about?
    H/A thread where a guy snooped around on his girlfriend's IM logs, discovered she was cheating on him at least once for money, and asked for advice.

Preacher's immediate assumption was the guy is polyamorous and shouldn't be so upset that his polyamorous girlfriend is polyamorous. Despite that never being mentioned.

Quid on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    An-D: You should probably ask Elki why your thread was locked, but from my perspective, you didn't propose an argument. You basically said, "Look at this! Discuss!" which is frowned upon. You at least need to start with your own formulated opinion.

Ludious:

This H/A thread, and Preacher's advice therein.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In some weird way? They had 3 SEAL snipers. 3 Pirates were left on board the ship. One pirate had given himself up for medical treatment. The pirates had the captain at gunpoint. 3 Pirates exposed their stupid pirate heads at the same time and got AWPED.

It was pretty awesome.

Ludious on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I explained my premises a bit more than that.

A) The OP steadfastly implies it was a monogamous relationship
    B) His snooping is a seperate issue from the cheating issue. Is it wrong to snoop? Yes. Why does his snooping make him a liar, and what does he GAIN by lying in an H/A thread where nobody -really- cares to begin with?
    C) Preach comes in and decides Snooping through computer= Lying about the exsclusivity of the relationship.
    D) WHAT?
    E) He implies that everyone is being a bunch of stoneage males for calling someone out for cheating.
    F) WHAT?

I didn't interpret C properly, it seems. The first time I just got a vibe of "prostitution isn't necessarily an unforgivable sin, guys, can we nix the outrage a little?" While still calling for a breakup.

I do think that it's silly to hate on prostitutes, but the thread did get derailed a bit, so I guess it makes sense to take corrective action.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Sarksus stop trolling dammit.

You're always harshing my buzz, old man.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Guy in an H/A thread's girlfriend is a prostitute. As in, is sleeping with other people behind his back for money. Someone tried to argue with a straight face that this isn't really cheating and got infracted for it.

japan on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

Ludious:

I have no patience for people with poor syntax and usage. This Womble guy's a moron.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

H/A thread where a guy snooped around on his girlfriend's IM logs, discovered she was cheating on him at least once for money, and asked for advice.

Preacher's immediate assumption was the guy is polyamorous and shouldn't be so upset that his polyamorous girlfriend is polyamorous. Despite that never being mentioned.

/facepalm

Preacher, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Today seems to be riddled with aggressiveness.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    An-D wrote: »
    Why? I don't understand.

Yeah, when have any of those people hurt anybody?!

Nartwak on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Reckless doesn't have a 'w' and PA forums have built-in spellcheck!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »

Guy in an H/A thread's girlfriend is a prostitute. As in, is sleeping with other people behind his back for money. Someone tried to argue with a straight face that this isn't really cheating and got infracted for it.

Actually, his exact words were "I think we shouldn't judge a person by their career choice. She should have been more open about her work, but judging on the reaction from the boyfriend and the board I can see why she chose to be secretive."

Daedalus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wonder what is for lunch today

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

/facepalm

Preacher, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Alcoholic mother with dementia.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DAMMIT PEOPLE DON'T UNPLUG SHIT FROM THE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY. IT'S PLUGGED IN THERE FOR A REASON.

The reason being when the douchebag electrician working on the proofer box decides to blow every breaker in the bakery, the main computer will stay up long enough for me to shut it down and not lose critical data.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mind, the guy should have confronted her instead of spying, but that's a whole other issue.

Quid on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

You germans with your philosophy and classicism make my life unendurable.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    SKIPPY

OMG CUTE

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've thought that D&D's been seeming a little more hostile than usual for the past month or so. More arguing/sniping in [chat] than usual, and some good-ole-fashioned dickery in threads.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Ludious:

I have no patience for people with poor syntax and usage. This Womble guy's a moron.

Well, yeah. In every relationship thread, there's upwards of a 90% chance that both parties to the relationship are idiots and/or dickheads.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    The whole reading other people's chat-logs/e-mail while they're away trip is rather infuriating.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Daedalus wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

Actually, his exact words were "I think we shouldn't judge a person by their career choice. She should have been more open about her work, but judging on the reaction from the boyfriend and the board I can see why she chose to be secretive."

I'll be honest, I was only partially paying attention.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DAMMIT PEOPLE DON'T UNPLUG SHIT FROM THE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY. IT'S PLUGGED IN THERE FOR A REASON.

The reason being when the douchebag electrician working on the proofer box decides to blow every breaker in the bakery, the main computer will stay up long enough for me to shut it down and not lose critical data.

Wow. Just wow. Caps are entirely justified. Some people make me scratch my head.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Let's all blame Haps for Kant and Hume!

*fist shake*

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    SKIPPY

OMG CUTE

IKNORITE?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

You germans with your philosophy and classicism make my life unendurable.

We're professional sorry-sayers already, so: Sorry!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The whole reading other people's chat-logs/e-mail while they're away trip is rather infuriating.

This too. Her transgression wouldn't really be forgivable, but I'd have to recognize how dirty my own actions were. I'd just cut it off and leave.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Goethe was the original emo kid

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Goethe was the original emo kid

Emo/goth, I take.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Wow. Just wow. Caps are entirely justified. Some people make me scratch my head.
    To top it all off, he didn't know where the breaker was, so I got to run up and down stairs figuring out what he'd done, before returning to boot everything back up and get the network going again.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Someone needs to report KalTorak's post in that thread. He called me reasonable, he's an obvious troll.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

This too. Her transgression wouldn't really be forgivable, but I'd have to recognize how dirty my own actions were. I'd just cut it off and leave.

I'm also confused that the dude said he would never have known if he didn't snoop through her shit. Seems like he was snooping through her shit for no reason then?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.