Options

[NBC][Heroes] - Officially Cancelled. This thread is about Summer Glau now.

• Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Was I the only one who thought Claire doing the weird tazer grunt in the middle of a crowded auditorium was hilarious?

midgetspy on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Smurph wrote: »
    Also, what do you want to bet that
    the carnies are going to be long lost Patrelli family members, like that family isn't cluttered up enough. I mean they've already used that exact "villains and heroes are related" storyline with Sylar.

no bet.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if the carnies turned out to be inbred second Petrelli cousins, kinda like the Fantastic Four had an orgy and the resulting child turned out to be the psychopath from that Fox prison show that was also only interesting the first season...

... Or Peter went back in time, absorbed the power to change his gender, then ANOTHER Peter followed him back in time and seduced him/her causing a super grandfather/mother paradox that destroys the world and whats left of the series

Deebaser on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really hope they find a way to kill Claire permanently. If any character needs perma-death, it's her. The story arc for Claire, and the ending this episode for her, was so ridiculously predictable.

So, they decide to revive Carnivale as part of Heroes, huh? As mentioned, I'm wondering
    whether the Carnies are long lost Patrellis or maybe
    a rival family that the Patrellis tried to wipe out.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I watched this on Hulu and it was actually pretty good. I came up with a clever idea and fast-forwarded through all the Claire parts because they are and probably always will be utterly retarded.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why did Peter say "thanks to Mohinder" or whatever.

I kind of checked out last season since the show was so busy being terrible.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Mohinder turned himself into Spider-man at some point.

So Peter, at that point in the episode, had Mohinder's power.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Peter lost his powers, but Mohinder devised magic power granting goo which Peter injected himself with to save someone (Nathan? I forget). So now he has (more limited) powers again, but the goo was helpfully destroyed.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Peter lost his powers, but Mohinder devised magic power granting goo which Peter injected himself with to save someone (Nathan? I forget). So now he has (more limited) powers again, but the goo was helpfully destroyed.

Mohinder tells all the ladies his goo is magic.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I came up with a clever idea and fast-forwarded through all the Claire parts because they are and probably always will be utterly retarded.

The dumbest part was when she jumped out the window to re-enact her ex-roomie's "suicide."

"I just want to get a fresh start on my life, right after I jump out of this window and horrifically injure myself in the middle of a college campus. Who could possibly see me, let alone hear my bones crunch as I hit the pavement?"

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Omeks wrote: »
    I came up with a clever idea and fast-forwarded through all the Claire parts because they are and probably always will be utterly retarded.

The dumbest part was when she jumped out the window to re-enact her ex-roomie's "suicide."

"I just want to get a fresh start on my life, right after I jump out of this window and horrifically injure myself in the middle of a college campus. Who could possibly see me, let alone hear my bones crunch as I hit the pavement?"

That's because Claire is retarded. All ways has been and look likes all ways will be.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

To be fair, nobody saw the other girl jump/defenestrate...

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    LineNoiz wrote: »

To be fair, nobody saw the other girl jump/defenestrate...

Well, everyone was distracted playing Guitar Hero III. The sounds of the first girl's bones crunching were overshadowed by Stevie Wonder.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, the first time there was a big party going on that it looked like most everyone was at.

Quid on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Didn't realize this was on last night. Now I have to decide if I want to invest the time in it this season or just drop the show altogether...

Doronron on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd say give it a try. It was good.

Quid on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You have now spent more time talking about this season than you have watching it. Really at this point you might as well watch it.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Either way it doesn't really bother me that much. He took Peter instead of the Hatian who may or may not have had other things going on at the time. I'm more bugged by the fact that this knife fighter so hung up on not killing people proceeds to use cutting them up as his only method of interaction.
    A couple of scenes earlier, he's moaning about how he doesn't want to be head carnie's hit man anymore. Then, a few minutes later, he seems to have no problem trying to disembowel Traci even though, for all he knows, she's just some innocent neighbor dropping by to borrow a cup of sugar from Denko.

And the fact that Peter handled him pretty easily doesn't bother me- just because the guy is super-fast doesn't mean he's a skilled knife-fighter. Heck, if you're that fast you probably don't really need much in the way of actual skills.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Modern Man wrote: »
    Either way it doesn't really bother me that much. He took Peter instead of the Hatian who may or may not have had other things going on at the time. I'm more bugged by the fact that this knife fighter so hung up on not killing people proceeds to use cutting them up as his only method of interaction.
    A couple of scenes earlier, he's moaning about how he doesn't want to be head carnie's hit man anymore. Then, a few minutes later, he seems to have no problem trying to disembowel Traci even though, for all he knows, she's just some innocent neighbor dropping by to borrow a cup of sugar from Denko.

And the fact that Peter handled him pretty easily doesn't bother me- just because the guy is super-fast doesn't mean he's a skilled knife-fighter. Heck, if you're that fast you probably don't really need much in the way of actual skills.

I'd guess fighting someone that has powers caught him off guard as well, and he probably hasn't had to fight someone with similar powers in the past. Plenty of ways to go with it making sense.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'm mostly just bugged by the indiscriminate killing unless he's supposed to kill any witnesses too.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    He didn't want to go on the mission, but I suppose since he went he went all out.
    Killing witnesses is probably part of it and could easily fall under the "have to" column.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait so why did Claire toss herself out of the window again? What was the point?

I understand the roommate/suicide thing, but what was she trying to accomplish?

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    When a body is pushed, the person jumps, or they fall, their body will land at different distances.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow I just had a crazy thought: Heroes is trying to bring back Allegory.

And I'm talking like full-fledged Renaissance Allegory, with Envy being represented as a knight with a certain color banner, etc.

Claire is the allegorical representation of Idiocy.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When a body is pushed, the person jumps, or they fall, their body will land at different distances.

Yup. That's how the CSI guys do it.
    Math is hard.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow I just had a crazy thought: Heroes is trying to bring back Allegory.

And I'm talking like full-fledged Renaissance Allegory, with Envy being represented as a knight with a certain color banner, etc.

Claire is the allegorical representation of Idiocy.

Never learns, never changes, never dies?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's the perfect thesis for my PhD dissertation!

Success, here I come!

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I feel dirty for even saying this or thinking this but. . .

This is the first episode in which I didn't completely despise Ali Larter.

Does that make me a bad person for not hating her?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    She wasn't bad and her character actually made some sense. Hopefully they never, ever, ever again touch on her past. Ever.

Quid on
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    She wasn't bad and her character actually made some sense. Hopefully they never, ever, ever again touch on her past. Ever.
    I guarantee we will eventually see the third triplet, or clone, or whatever the hell she is.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    So whats the verdict? Good, bad or don't bother because the increase in depression will force you to end your life?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ZourtackZourtack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This was better than it has been in that past but that is not really hard.

Also they were playing guitar hero 5.

Zourtack on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Zourtack wrote: »
    Also they were playing guitar hero 5.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they were playing Guitar Hero III but then played a song that's in Guitar Hero 5.

I nerdguffaw'd a pretty long time about it.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    They said 3.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/09/house-rises-heroes-falls-big-bang-tops-half-men-and-more.html

Is your network in trouble when your most hyped up drama consistently ranks in last place?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited September 2009
    http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/09/house-rises-heroes-falls-big-bang-tops-half-men-and-more.html

Is your network in trouble when your most hyped up drama consistently ranks in last place?

Yes, but that's nothing new. Even last season it was still one of NBC's top 10 shows, and was just below 30 Rock in viewers usually, which is sad for any number of reasons.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Am I the only one that actually misses uber-powered Peter? I know they kinda screwed up with Peter in the past, but it really wasn't the powers per se, just how they treated them.

My worry is that they're going to come up with all these ridiculously convenient moments where Peter will always have someone around with exactly the power he needs to get the job done. And sure, maybe you can explain the whole Speed Blades fight away by saying Darth Maul was surprised to be fighting someone with the same powers. But I somehow doubt the explanations won't always be that easily explained.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Peter was in no way viable as a long term character. The only way for him to work would be for there to be other ridiculously powerful characters or for him to act like a dumbass.

Quid on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    or for him to act like a dumbass.

Well it's not like that's going to stop in any case.

The high speed knife fight was bad.

I only caught the last 45 minutes and it all felt like a mistake.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The knife fight definitely isn't an amazing piece of American art, but it's also not the result of Peter acting ridiculously stupid.

Quid on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The knife fight definitely isn't an amazing piece of American art, but it's also not the result of Peter acting ridiculously stupid.

Oh, right, I wasn't clear.

Those were three separate unrelated thoughts.

deadonthestreet on