As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How is that even food?

• Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    That donut thing was a god damned travesty! What the hell was she thinking!?!

You should see Paula's Party. One episode was dedicated to BBQ versus fried foods (apparently the idea was to pair up the Neeley's, BBQ experts, against the Deen family, experts in...fried foods).

Recipes from the show include: Deep friend lasagna and deep fried chocolate pound cake.

Also, I happened to find this bit from the show (should be the first video that automatically plays, involves another burger).

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    enc0re wrote: »
    Omeks wrote: »

I don't get it. Is that supposed to be an informational cooking show (like Good Eats) or a do-stupid-shit-on-TV show (like Jackass)?

Izzat the Luther?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Et tu, Boondocks?

Is white bread considered food? I mean, does it have any nutritional value?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh man, white bread. Something I will never understand. It's like eating a sandwich made out of poorly made cake.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TheMarshalTheMarshal Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    Most southern food is disgusting if you didn't grow up around it, or even if you did for some of us. I don't even like the smell of coleslaw, I absolutely hate sweet tea, grits, collard greens and all that happy horseshit - no thank you.

I find cole slaw is much better with just a bit of ketchup added.

Cole slaw is fine, but when you get a caesar salad with the consistency of cole slaw, you're at the wrong restaurant...

TheMarshal on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Pata wrote: »
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.

SWEET JEBUS!!

That thing is not of this earth.

EDIT: Ahahahaha! "Remove chicken from the can. Be sure to save the delicious broth."

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.

oh sweet holy Baron Samedi

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.
    It sounds so innocuous, like the sort of canned chicken you eat on lunch break or something.

Then you click it and it's D:

Duffel on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.

The kid's face in the third picture says it all.

Godfather on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It doesn't look THAT bad. Not after that donut burger at least.. now THAT was truly disgusting.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't know about that.

At least the donut burger wasn't coated in afterbirth-like goo.

I'd say it's definitely a toss-up.

BigBear on
  • Options
    evilintentevilintent Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

Chicken in a can? Egg, Burger & Bacon Glaze Donut?

Shit.
    Also, I just google'd Balut. That looks supremely disgusting, and I wouldn't eat that, no matter how much anyone paid me. IT'S DEAD DUCK BABY.

I can now, officially, say that our world is most definitely going to shit.

evilintent on
    6a00d83451c45669e2011571303907970b-.jpg
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would try one of these even though it'd shave a year or two off of my life:

royal_1.jpg

Why yes, there is chili and fried egg on that (with two 8-ounce patties). And your chioce of bacon or pastrami (I imagine you could ask for both). I'm not entirely sure how I'd go around eating it since I can't unhinge my jaws.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure how I'd go around eating it since I can't unhinge my jaws.

I'm pretty sure that crazy bitch, Paula Deen, can.

Why would anyone even eat that? Isn't it easier to split it into two or three smaller ones, and eat them in rapid succession? Same effect, you just don't need to go to the OR with a locked jaw that is opened so wide, you could swallow Africa.

evilintent on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And your chioce of bacon or pastrami (I imagine you could ask for both).

Yes, because there isn't enough meat on that thing...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also, being a big watcher of Food Network, I couldn't help not thinking of all the Unwrapped episodes where they showcased "World Largest ____________."

Like this for example:

biggestburger.jpg

The red stuff is all the blood from the man whose heart just exploded due to high blood pressure.

EDIT: Oh dear LORD...
    IMG_1134.JPG

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Someone better be eating those, cause there are a lot of people in this world who can't afford to be wasting food like that.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Someone better be eating those, cause there are a lot of people in this world who can't afford to be wasting food like that.

Generally they invite the onlookers to dig in once the record has been verified.

I actually remember one instance where people attempted a world's largest something record only for the onlookers to devour it before they were done.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I'd ask for both.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'd ask for both.

So would I. :)

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'd ask for both.

Nom nom nom nom.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, if I were going all in like that, there's no way I'd be skimping on the extras.

Might skip the mayo, though.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chicken in a can.

Chicken. In. A. Can.

I'm definitely no vegetarian, but that just seems like a waste of a chicken's life.

And cole slaw is sauerkraut's retarded cousin.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    cole slaw is awful, at least as typically found slathered in mayo

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Generally they invite the onlookers to dig in once the record has been verified.

I actually remember one instance where people attempted a world's largest something record only for the onlookers to devour it before they were done.

It might be the record for the largest ice cream sundae that you are thinking about. Here's a quote about it from some random link I got off Google.
    A sundae made by Palm Dairies LTD at Alberta, Canada on July 24 1988, had 20.27 tons (44,689 lbs, 8 oz.) of ice cream, 4.39 tons (9,688 lbs, 2 oz.) of syrup and 2.37 kg (537 lbs, 3 oz.) of topping!

Was actually done in some mall in Edmonton if I remember correctly. After it was built, people we able to take away 4L pails of sundae. Apparently some people got 4L pails entirely of whipped cream or chocolate sauce :lol:

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    What are those straws that you can eat? They're made of cookies or something and it makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with a traditional cookie and glass of milk?

Ah. Fun Stix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMAmsPnTu_0

emnmnme on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fun Stix are good!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    we don't have those in Canada, but damn it I want them now.

That's it, I am writing a god damn letter!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Those Rutgers grease trucks must be up in New Brunswick, cause while we had grease trucks down in Camden, we didn't have the fat sandwiches.

But we used to go to the diners and we lived off of fries and gravy, or fries and chocolate sauce. Or, even better, mozzarella sticks and chocolate sauce.

scrapple is absolutely hideous and disgusting.

Also, I have nothing else to add, just yet.

other than deep-fried cheesecake.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The 'Bacon Double Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Burger':

2n7kx81.jpg

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Those Rutgers grease trucks must be up in New Brunswick, cause while we had grease trucks down in Camden, we didn't have the fat sandwiches.

But we used to go to the diners and we lived off of fries and gravy, or fries and chocolate sauce. Or, even better, mozzarella sticks and chocolate sauce.

WANT.

Speaking of disgusting food.. we have a dish in Romania consisting of pig's feet, head and ears, suspended in aspic.

It's this gelatinous blob of pig parts from the reject bin. D:

evilintent on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    evilintent wrote: »

WANT.

Speaking of disgusting food.. we have a dish in Romania consisting of pig's feet, head and ears, suspended in aspic.

It's this gelatinous blob of pig parts from the reject bin. D:

Yeah, that's head cheese, a variant of which you can find pretty much in every country in the world.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, that's head cheese, a variant of which you can find pretty much in every country in the world.

I stand by what I said. It's disgusting, and I have serious doubts about its nutritional value.

evilintent on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    evilintent wrote: »

I stand by what I said. It's disgusting, and I have serious doubts about its nutritional value.

This is called Brawn in the UK.

There was an interesting TV series run over here called The Victorian Farm, where they got a few people to live as if they were Victorian smallholders. They had to manage their livestock, live on what they could grow, etc.

One of the things they mentioned is that because of the amount of physical labour involved, and the fact that you're not living somewhere that's centrally heated, they craved animal fat to a degree that people living modern lifestyles never will. A lot of foods of this type, which they freely admitted would never have appealed to them normally, seemed like the most irresistible things in the world.

japan on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think you could make otherwise picky people eat pretty much anything under the right circumstances, like in the post above. Put them on an authentic, mid 1800's polar expedition and watch them suck down seal blubber like it was going out of style.

Also, that chicken in a can earlier. The picture of it sliding out of the can looks like something out of a Cronenberg flick. Who buys that stuff?

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Grislo wrote: »
    I think you could make otherwise picky people eat pretty much anything under the right circumstances, like in the post above. Put them on an authentic, mid 1800's polar expedition and watch them suck down seal blubber like it was going out of style.

Also, that chicken in a can earlier. The picture of it sliding out of the can looks like something out of a Cronenberg flick. Who buys that stuff?

I'm hoping nobody and it is never, ever, ever mentioned again. Anywhere.

And you'll never make me eat anything that is a pure, extremelly elastic, thick piece of fat that can in no way be cut with anything less heavy-duty than a powersaw. Like you find on certain ribs or grlls. I just can't. It puts my gag reflex in overdrive, and everyone around me quickly finds out exactly what I ate that day.

evilintent on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If it's in production, there's got to be a certain customer base somewhere. I hope it's really, really cheap.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Grislo wrote: »
    If it's in production, there's got to be a certain customer base somewhere.

The criminally insane, perhaps.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    BanichiBanichi Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    I've met people who put butter on white rice... *vomit*

The KFC Bowls are pretty sad - and scarily reminiscent of that Onion clip about the feed bags - but honestly everything at KFC is death warmed up. It reminds me of the "pizza" we used to get served during my public school days which had to be drained before eating, because it literally had a tablespoon or so of standing orange grease on it.

Oh God, the memories. Do you mean the little rectangular ones, with bits of cubed meat of some kind on top?
    Those were the best thing on the menu at my high school.

Banichi on
    VC_sig.jpg