Options

The Avengers Thread: Now in Heroic Age Flavor

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dark Reign will probably only end when Spider-Man grows a pair and goes to kill Norman. Its more than likely going to end in a Spider-Man/Green Goblin Reborn face-off.

I actually think this is one of the instances where it doesn't make sense to kill the villain. There needs to be a trial and investigation of Norman to expose the extent of his actions and the degree to which others are complicit in what he did. If Spider-Man just kills him, a quarter of the population will still think he did the right thing.

Also, I'm not familiar with any rumors about Isaiah Bradley.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The rumor was that Bradley would be revealed to be the new Captain America in #600 and Reborn to coincide with Will Smith being announced as Captain America on the same day.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, that would've been cool, though two new Caps in a row would have been a bit much.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Now that, I think, probably would have been a bit of a slap in the face to those following Bucky. If they were going to do that (and no reason why they shouldn't have) I would have preferred it to be done ASAP after Steve's death.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Battle for the Shield

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tom Breevort just did an interview with IGN comics about the return of Cap. This part makes me feel better about Hitch delaying Reborn:
    IGN Comics: Okay, cool. You mentioned both Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice. What's the artistic structure for the project then? Are they alternating issues or do they weave their styles throughout the mini-series?

Brevoort: Well Butch is inking Hitch. But there's the understanding that if Bryan were to fall behind, then Butch could step in and do some penciling as well. So he gives us a certain amount of security that the issues can come out when they need to come out. But assuming everything goes to plan, he's there to ink and embellish everything that Bryan is doing. It's been a pretty successful combination.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Blingston HughesBlingston Hughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, if you need your inker to back up your main artist, maybe you should just rethink your artist.

How Hitch keeps getting high profile jobs despite his constant delays is beyond me.

Blingston Hughes on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dark Reign will probably only end when Spider-Man grows a pair and goes to kill Norman. Its more than likely going to end in a Spider-Man/Green Goblin Reborn face-off.

Which is the big Dark Reign story going on in ASM right now, as "American Son."

I imagine tomorrow we'll get the announcement for the big even sealing off the Dark Reign (The Iron Patriot Acts in September, correct?), that will probably also tie into Steve's return midway once reborn finishes.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All during these months, while the world thought him dead, Bruce's been on a metaphysical journey of his own, and the experiences he's lived through during that time are going to have a profound effect on his state of mind.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In those promos for Iron Patriot Act, you'll notice that of all the television screens Norman has around him, one has gone to static--as if there is someone they're not tracking, or have lost.

Do you think that it could be...I don't know....Captain America?

Oh, and Sharon just had a gun back when she shot Steve.

KidDork on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I kind of hope Captain America stays gone for a little while, I really like the direction they're going with "Bucky Cap" right now and I think a resurrection at his point might be a little premature. But hey, Zemo's back in town after his Born Better story arc, and I doubt he likes what Norman has done to his Thunderbolts. I'd rather the static-y screen be him than a hastily reborn Rogers.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I imagine tomorrow we'll get the announcement for the big even sealing off the Dark Reign (The Iron Patriot Acts in September, correct?), that will probably also tie into Steve's return midway once reborn finishes.

It's probably tied into the Write Stuff thing hinted at in Marvel Previews--something written by Jason Aaron, Andy Diggle, uh... two other guys--that will be in September.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

It's probably tied into the Write Stuff thing hinted at in Marvel Previews--something written by Jason Aaron, Andy Diggle, uh... two other guys--that will be in September.

Holy crap I have not heard about this. Aaron and Diggle writing something together? Sign me up.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, just as a thought consider this from CBR's September solicits:
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #604 & 605
    Classified until 6/22/09
    ISSUE #604 - 32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
    ISSUE #605 - 48 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #606 & #607
    Classified until 6/22/09
    32 PGS. (each)/Rated A ...$2.99(each)

THUNDERBOLTS #136
    Classified until 6/22/09
    48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

UNCANNY X-MEN #515
    Classified until 6/22/09
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Oh, Write Stuff: Diggle, Aaron, Hickman, Remender on a joint project.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    IM1.jpg
    IM2.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Bout fucking time.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah. Because when I think of the Russian security services and militaries I think of the highest possible virtues.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah. Because when I think of the Russian security services and militaries I think of the highest possible virtues.

I think it's a lot better to the alternative of, "YES MASTER AMERICAN TOVARISCH, WE SHALL CONQUER YOUR FOE. LET US TWIRL OUR MUSTACHES TOGETHER!"

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well this russian bloke happens to be a close and personal friend of Tony's, so that might be why such response was given.

muninn on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, that panel of Normy flipping out and breaking his desk is awkwardly drawn. Looks more like he's having a stroke or something.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    FCD wrote: »
    Man, that panel of Normy flipping out and breaking his desk is awkwardly drawn. Looks more like he's having a stroke or something.

Yea, I woulda thought he'd be hitting his fist down on the desk, but he definitely did not make a fist in that panel.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    he's actually mixing on a pair of invisible turntables.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What comic is that?

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Invincible Iron Man #14. And did it skip last month or not? I can't remember, really. It just seemed like it was late, which should be unpossible with Larocca on the book.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It also has the best cover of the week. If I had a van, this would be on the side.
    59_INVINCIBLE_IRON_MAN_14.jpg

KidDork on
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That's one way to get children to want to hop inside of it.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's nice to see a rational reaction to Osborn being in charge. It's silly that it wasn't by an American

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

::golf clap::

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I was going to say that he's doing the Souja Boy dance, but that works.

YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Has invincible iron man been a good series since #1? (this new run that is)

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's been consistent. It never really has "wow" moments, but it's usually a 6.5/10. The only troubling thing is Larocca's art is getting very heavy on photo referencing, and isn't as good as his X-Men work.

And issue #14 kind of points out the big plot hole in Tony's plan to delete his memory (just throw yourself into a volcano and liquidate yourself, ta-da).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I would say it's an 8 consistently. 6.5 seems a bit unfair.

Faynor on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Out of curiosity, does anyone read those variant Avengers titles, such as "Pet Avengers" and that Monkey-World title? I'd like to see the sales figures on some of those titles.

Sometimes Marvel comes out with stuff that just makes me scratch my head and go "Huh?" I'll admit Marvel Zombies was quite pleasing, but it did have a gradual introduction and Robert Kirkman in its favor. And yes, I'm still reading Marvel Zombies. Heck, seeing the Zombie Deadpool in them actually got me to buy a couple of his titles, and like them!

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Pet Avengers is actually supposed to be pretty fun. I haven't heard of anyone reading Marvel Apes, though.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Marvel Apes was weird. I flipped through a few of them and it seemed like it was marketed as "What if everyone in the Marvel Universe were monkeys, haha!" and then turned to "AND WHAT IF THOSE MONKEYS KILLED PEOPLE AND THEY WERE VAMPIRES AND THEY WANT TO KILL ALL UNIVERSES!"

Faynor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pet Avengers is Pretty Awesome.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Apparently Brother Voodoo (now known as Dr. Voodoo) is getting a solo book, according to BMB. I suspect that this may be the book Hudlin was talking about working on, which I'm sure will drive everyone here away from it.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Apparently Brother Voodoo (now known as Dr. Voodoo) is getting a solo book, according to BMB. I suspect that this may be the book Hudlin was talking about working on, which I'm sure will drive everyone here away from it.
    I think the fact that Brother Voodoo is Sorcerer Supreme will drive everyone away from the book. And absolutely fuck calling him Dr, unless he suddenly got a PhD for some inexplicable reason.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Uhm, I think he actually does have a PhD in psychology. If they're adding the Dr. prefix to his name, then maybe his education will play a role in his adventures, in which case I'd definitely be willing to check out the first couple of issues.

I was already excited about the prospect of a book about voodoo, you see, but not so much about the character himself. He always just seemed like a vaguely racist relic from the '70s to me.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    bathingapebathingape Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    are we not ready for a black Dr Strange yet

bathingape on
This discussion has been closed.