As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Comics Solicitations - August 2009

2»

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That's a different book altogether.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Isn't Jason Aaron doing the current issues of Normal Wolverine right now as well?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Once you've waited for Planetary #27 lesser delays sort of lose their impact.

Rans on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    IMMORTAL WEAPONS #2 (of 5)
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art by DAN BRERETON
    Iron Fist Back-Up Story by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI & TRAVEL FOREMAN
    Cover by DAVID AJA
    Her heart pumps the coldest blood imaginable...and she is host to horrors inconceivable to mortal men. The Bride of Nine Spiders is perhaps the most enigmatic of the Immortal Weapons. Yet men would risk life and sanity to plumb the mysteries of this porcelain beauty and the alien land from which she comes. When a disturbing relic surfaces at a most exclusive auction house, the Bride’s secrets are revealed in a tragic tale fusing martial arts mayhem and gothic terror!
    PUNISHER #8
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by TAN ENG HUAT
    Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    70th Frame Variant by STEVE DILLON
    “DEAD END,” PART 3
    Frank Castle finds himself the target of a band of Avengers, out of place, out of time and out for The Punisher’s blood. With no idea how Microchip brought them to the here and now, and with G.W. Bridge’s life in the hands of the henchmen of The Hood, Frank must survive the fury of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes long enough to unravel the mystery of their arrival. The truth will leave Frank with a terrible decision; in order to save his friend -- The Avengers must die.
    DESTROYER #5 (of 5)
    Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
    Penciled by CORY WALKER
    Cover by JASON PEARSON
    It's all been leading up to this! Destroyer comes face to face with his most dreaded adversary yet--DEATH! It's a no-holds-barred winner-take-all fight to remember. The stakes--high! The prize--life! Nothing can prepare you for this sense-shattering conclusion. Also in this issue--violence!
    32 PGS./Explicit Content ...$3.99

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

Isn't Jason Aaron doing the current issues of Normal Wolverine right now as well?

No. It's going to be Way and Marjorie Liu writing what is becoming Dark Wolverine (starring Daken) for the remainder of Dark Reign, and he's continuing on Wolverine: Origins. Aaron's book is relatively new focusing on Logan.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

No. It's going to be Way and Marjorie Liu writing what is becoming Dark Wolverine (starring Daken) for the remainder of Dark Reign, and he's continuing on Wolverine: Origins. Aaron's book is relatively new focusing on Logan.

But there is a 2 issue fill in being written partially by Jason Aaron:

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=11823

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ah. Well, all I have are my solicits. I never even saw the one for #74. Anyway, yeah. Way and Liu are supposed to take over after that while Aaron does his own book.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Drakeon wrote: »
    fffffffff

Why does Loeb get to mess with Deadpool? Why does he get so much free reign? I just... I just don't understand. I mean, when was the last time a Loeb book sold because of Loeb? I mean, last I recall in the past few years he's either been on a book that would sell regardless of whos put on it (Wolverine, Ultimates) or he has a superstar artist backing him up (Hulk, Ultimates again). It's maddening to see him continue to write books and then get to use characters I actually give a damn about.

Seriously, what the eff.

Verr on