Options

GOP: Internet Forum Is Liberal Echo Chamber

• Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Soooooo...Palin VS Romney VS Pawlenty in a cage match for 2012, then?
    Huckabee and maybe Gingrich too

Duffel on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Huckabee's still around as he keeps reminding us.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Oh, I thought the Argentina thing was just a cover for his infidelity. I didn't realize that it was an integral component of said infidelity. How freaking weird is this guy to be flying to a whole other hemisphere to get some... on Father's Day weekend?
    When you put it like that...weirder things have happened with politicians.

Two words: Diaper Dave.
    Duffel wrote: »
    Does anybody really take Gingrich seriously, though? I mean, he hasn't been doing anything of value in 11 years. Huckabee, yeah, unfortunately he's still viable, but he's got a good year or two left to get caught with his dick in a hooker or something equally dumb. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Of all the weekends to head out too: on Father's Day to continue an affair, when your children (and wife) might want to do something nice for you.

Like, have some class man.

Pro-family!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I thought the Argentina thing was just a cover for his infidelity. I didn't realize that it was an integral component of said infidelity. How freaking weird is this guy to be flying to a whole other hemisphere to get some... on Father's Day weekend?
    Well, I imagine that this last trip wasn't so much a continuation of his affair as it was the situation coming to a head somehow, and him having to deal with it.

Duffel on
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Of all the weekends to head out too: on Father's Day to continue an affair, when your children (and wife) might want to do something nice for you.

Maybe the trip is what his kids got him?

kildy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    kildy wrote: »

Maybe the trip is what his kids got him?

D:

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Gingrich isn't running. He's getting TV time by pretending he's thinking about maybe running.

moniker on
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    What, did he meet her on OkCupid or something? How do you know a woman in Argentina? Or was it just a random trip where he used the "I'm a Governer in the United States" pick up line which is so popular in other countries?
    Seriously, what the hell. I still don't get it.

I don't think I'm a paranoid or conspiratorial-minded person. But: is there any chance that this "affair" is also some kind of cover-up for some weirder moral breach?

Qingu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Not surprised at all, except that it was with a woman instead of a man or a transsexual.

Also, I can't believe he said this:
    "I spent the past five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, "so I could come back and cry here."

It's like a practical joke or something.

Ladies and gentlemen, the next Governor of South Carolina, Evita Peron!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    [strike]One[/strike]Two things people are pointing out.

1- He did say she was Argentinian so that explains the location. Probably someone he met in Washington while he was a Rep.

2- He never said he broke it off. When someone asked if he had he said no and kinda changed the subject and never actually indicated that relationship was over.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, how many times has he been to Argentina recently? Has she come up and met him somewhere? I mean, multiple trips to Argie is not an easy thing to pull off without raising questions, and you would have to be quite adept at hiding things. All signs point to Sanford sucking at that...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

"I spent the past five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, "so I could come back and cry here."

Oh God, I can't wait for the video/transcript.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And Jindal.

Really, it's down to Romney, Palin and Jindal, with some chaff they can play against each other.

Pawlenty may make a show as a darkhorse, but I wouldn't give him much more of a chance than the Tancredo/Buchanan/etc set that will inevitably show up at the first debate.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Qingu wrote: »
    Seriously, what the hell. I still don't get it.

I don't think I'm a paranoid or conspiratorial-minded person. But: is there any chance that this "affair" is also some kind of cover-up for some weirder moral breach?
    There's always a chance, obviously, but not every GOP pol is in the closet and unless he made her have an abortion I don't see what the alternative would be. Substance abuse problems, I guess, but that would have been fairly easy to cover up and even less damaging, politically speaking, than an extramarital affair.

Duffel on
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, how many times has he been to Argentina recently? Has she come up and met him somewhere? I mean, multiple trips to Argie is not an easy thing to pull off without raising questions, and you would have to be quite adept at hiding things. All signs point to Sanford sucking at that...
    Like I said, seems fishy.

Though I guess I could buy that he got into a racy internet exchange and risked it all to illicitly consummate. Sort of a non-pedo version of all those people on To Catch a Predator.

Qingu on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jindal didn't kill himself with the response to the inauguration comparison to Kenneth?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    C-Span's got some fun stuff;
    And I voted to impeach, because I think that, you know, moral legitimacy is one of the precursors to a legitimate legitimacy.

It remains to be seen whether or not he'll be stepping down himself.

He also really seems to like the word "legitimacy." Was he a GOPACer?

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Qingu wrote: »
    Like I said, seems fishy.

Though I guess I could buy that he got into a racy internet exchange and risked it all to illicitly consummate. Sort of a non-pedo version of all those people on To Catch a Predator.

To Catch a Senator?

EDIT: Yeah, I know he's a governor, but it's not as catchy with Governor.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man this just doesn't make any sense. Dude couldn't have hired some hot low level staffer and just poked her stateside?

Couldn't have just said "I'm going to Argentina to visit some friends from House times and relax a bit?"

Couldn't have given his staff an actual viable excuse, so as not to make his entire operation look completely retarded?

I say something else is going on.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    He went to some summit in Argentina a year ago didn't he. I'm assuming he met her then.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jindal didn't kill himself with the response to the inauguration comparison to Kenneth?
    If there were more than a handful of currently employed politicians in the field, maybe. As it stands, they're hurting for people who are still actually involved in government.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Man this just doesn't make any sense. Dude couldn't have hired some hot low level staffer and just poked her stateside?

Couldn't have just said "I'm going to Argentina to visit some friends from House times and relax a bit?"

Couldn't have given his staff an actual viable excuse, so as not to make his entire operation look completely retarded?

I say something else is going on.
    People can act very irrational when it comes to when, where and (especially) with whom they choose to do the wild thang

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    He went to some summit in Argentina a year ago didn't he. I'm assuming he met her then.
    Supposedly he's known her for either 4 or 8 years depending on the source.

Edit:

fnc_20090624_sanford.jpg

Good to know it's still Fox.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited June 2009

He said they met eight years ago but didn't start the horizontal lambada with her until about a year ago

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Is there really (because it sure seems like it) any significant deviation in the amount/propensity of infidelity amongst politicians than the general populace or is this simply a result of visibility bias?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    galenblade wrote: »

Oh God, I can't wait for the video/transcript.

Look on Daily Kos.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Is there really (because it sure seems like it) any significant deviation in the amount/propensity of infidelity amongst politicians than the general populace or is this simply a result of visibility bias?
    It's partially that they're more likely to get caught publically than normal people, yeah.

But there's also the whole person of power thing, and the living in a bubble thing. I'm sure there are many more affairs than we learn about.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Politicians are just a lot more likely to get caught because large groups of people have a vested interest in catching them.

If you've ever lived in a real small town you realize when you're about fourteen or so that everybody's fucked just about everybody else at least once. I guess the political world is the same way.

Duffel on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I believe it's more hypocrisy combined with schadenfreude

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

No, he can come back from that. He just needs to make a better impression when the primaries start.

I mean, who the hell actually remembers that response among normal people?

moniker on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Edit:

fnc_20090624_sanford.jpg

Rentboy: JESUS CHRIST FOX
    Rentboy: HAVE SOME CLASS YOU FUCKS

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Rent wrote: »

Edit:

fnc_20090624_sanford.jpg

Rentboy: JESUS CHRIST FOX
    Rentboy: HAVE SOME CLASS YOU FUCKS
    Quoted since I was just going to post the same picture. Yep like clockwork

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Edit:

fnc_20090624_sanford.jpg

The D is for Disowned!

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yup, I remember that trick from back in the Mark Foley days.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, it's not like that's the first time Fox has done this. They also did it back during Mark Foley IIRC.

EDIT: Beat'd

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    moniker wrote: »

No, he can come back from that. He just needs to make a better impression when the primaries start.

I mean, who the hell actually remembers that response among normal people?
    He's probably going to get more trouble from the "will the general electorate vote for someone who abducted and restrained a woman to perform an exorcism" angle than from the "he talks like Kenneth" angle.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is just a systematic, one-by-one destruction and discrediting of everyone of any influence in the party.

The sad/hilarious thing is, one of these people is going to be the 2012 Republican nominee.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Yup, I remember that trick from back in the Mark Foley days.
    It's been going on longer than that.

Strom Thurmond was (D) when he was denying his black baby (then a 40+ year old woman).

OptimusZed on

• Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jindal's probably not willing to go up against Obama in 2012. 2016 is much more likely if he can stay involved in politics. 2012 is probably going to involve Palin.

Spoony on
This discussion has been closed.