As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] UI screenies, mods and macro discussion

1575859606163»

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ugh, I can't find them on curse. And thats the only addon site I know about.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ugh, I can't find them on curse. And thats the only addon site I know about.

TourGuide

TomTom

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love you guys.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    QuestHelper puts waypoints on your minimaps and tells you what order to do them in, but won't tell you to pick up new quests or turn ones in unless it leads to a followup.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Anyone interested in some code that automatically retargets all outbound casts (from the default action bars at least) that aren't valid for the current target toward the focus target instead? There weren't nearly enough macro slots for me to write a bunch of "/cast [harm] [target=focus, harm] [] spell" macros, so I just wrote this bit of code to basically instate that macro text in every unit-targeted action (swapping "harm" for "help" for friendly spells, of course).

The only caveat is that there's no API to determine whether a given spell is helpful or harmful, or even is unit-targeted at all, so those values had to be hard-coded, and I've currently only got data for Druid, Priest, Shaman, and 39 Paladin. If you want to help me finish up the data sets, type this and copy/paste the error text that appears (you'll need an addon like ImprovedErrorFrame to do so):

/script local i,l,t,n=1,nil,UnitClass("player")..UnitLevel("player"),GetSpellName(1,1) while n do if n~=l then t=t..","..n l=n end i=i+1 n=GetSpellName(i,1) end error(t)

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That would be nice for a banish macro for locks also...

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Priest70,Attack,Dodge,Engineering,Find Minerals,Find Treasure,First Aid,Fishing,Frost Resistance,Gnomish Engineer,Gun Specialization,Mining,Shoot,Smelting,Stoneform,Dispel Magic,Divine Spirit,Inner Fire,Inner Focus,Levitate,Mana Burn,Mass Dispel,Power Word: Fortitude,Power Word: Shield,Prayer of Fortitude,Prayer of Spirit,Shackle Undead,Abolish Disease,Binding Heal,Chastise,Cure Disease,Desperate Prayer,Fear Ward,Flash Heal,Greater Heal,Heal,Holy Fire,Lesser Heal,Prayer of Healing,Prayer of Mending,Renew,Resurrection,Smite,Fade,Mind Blast,Mind Control,Mind Soothe,Mind Vision,Prayer of Shadow Protection,Psychic Scream,Shadow Protection,Shadow Word: Death,Shadow Word: Pain,Shadowfiend

Missing due to talents: Power Infusion, Pain Suppression, Holy Nova, Lightwell, Circle of Healing, Silence, Vampiric Embrace, Mind Flay, Shadowform, Vampiric Touch.

Paladin70,Alchemy,Attack,Block,Diplomacy,Dodge,Find Herbs,First Aid,Herb Gathering,Mace Specialization,Parry,Perception,Potion Master,Sword Specialization,The Human Spirit,Blessing of Light,Blessing of Wisdom,Cleanse,Consecration,Divine Favor,Divine Illumination,Exorcism,Flash of Light,Greater Blessing of Light,Greater Blessing of Wisdom,Hammer of Wrath,Holy Light,Holy Shock,Holy Wrath,Lay on Hands,Purify,Redemption,Seal of Light,Seal of Righteousness,Seal of Wisdom,Sense Undead,Summon Charger,Summon Warhorse,Turn Undead,Blessing of Freedom,Blessing of Kings,Blessing of Protection,Blessing of Sacrifice,Blessing of Salvation,Concentration Aura,Devotion Aura,Divine Intervention,Divine Protection,Divine Shield,Fire Resistance Aura,Frost Resistance Aura,Greater Blessing of Kings,Greater Blessing of Salvation,Hammer of Justice,Righteous Defense,Righteous Fury,Seal of Justice,Shadow Resistance Aura,Spiritual Attunement,Avenging Wrath,Blessing of Might,Crusader Aura,Greater Blessing of Might,Judgement,Retribution Aura,Seal of the Crusader,Seal of Vengeance

Missing due to talents: (Greater) Blessing of Sanctuary, Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield, Seal of Command, Sanctity Aura, Repentance, Crusader Strike.

Hunter70,Attack,Beast Training,Blacksmithing,Dodge,Dual Wield,Fishing,Nature Resistance,Parry,Quickness,Shadowmeld,Skinning,Throw,Wisp Spirit,Aspect of the Beast,Aspect of the Cheetah,Aspect of the Hawk,Aspect of the Monkey,Aspect of the Pack,Aspect of the Viper,Aspect of the Wild,Beast Lore,Call Pet,Dismiss Pet,Eagle Eye,Eyes of the Beast,Feed Pet,Kill Command,Mend Pet,Revive Pet,Scare Beast,Tame Beast,Aimed Shot,Arcane Shot,Auto Shot,Concussive Shot,Distracting Shot,Flare,Hunter's Mark,Multi-Shot,Rapid Fire,Scorpid Sting,Serpent Sting,Steady Shot,Tranquilizing Shot,Viper Sting,Volley,Counterattack,Deterrence,Disengage,Explosive Trap,Feign Death,Freezing Trap,Frost Trap,Immolation Trap,Misdirection,Mongoose Bite,Raptor Strike,Readiness,Snake Trap,Track Beasts,Track Demons,Track Dragonkin,Track Elementals,Track Giants,Track Hidden,Track Humanoids,Track Undead,Wing Clip,Wyvern Sting

Missing due to talents: Intimidation, Bestial Wrath, The Beast Within, Scatter Shot, Trueshot Aura, Silencing Shot.

Rogue70,Alchemy,Arcane Resistance,Attack,Basic Campfire,Cooking,Dodge,Dual Wield,Engineering Specialization,Escape Artist,Expansive Mind,Find Herbs,First Aid,Fishing,Herb Gathering,Parry,Pick Lock,Poisons,Shoot,Throw,Ambush,Cheap Shot,Deadly Throw,Envenom,Eviscerate,Expose Armor,Garrote,Kidney Shot,Rupture,Slice and Dice,Adrenaline Rush,Backstab,Blade Flurry,Evasion,Feint,Gouge,Kick,Shiv,Sinister Strike,Sprint,Blind,Cloak of Shadows,Detect Traps,Disarm Trap,Distract,Pick Pocket,Safe Fall,Sap,Stealth,Vanish

Missing due to talents: Cold Blood, Seal Fate, Mutilate, Riposte, Ghostly Strike, Hemorrhage, Preperation, Premeditation, Shadowstep.

Mage70,Arcane Resistance,Attack,Basic Campfire,Cooking,Dodge,Engineering Specialization,Escape Artist,Expansive Mind,Find Herbs,First Aid,Fishing,Herb Gathering,Shoot,Spellfire Tailoring,Tailoring,Amplify Magic,Arcane Blast,Arcane Brilliance,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Intellect,Arcane Missiles,Blink,Conjure Food,Conjure Mana Agate,Conjure Mana Citrine,Conjure Mana Emerald,Conjure Mana Jade,Conjure Mana Ruby,Conjure Water,Counterspell,Dampen Magic,Evocation,Invisibility,Mage Armor,Mana Shield,Polymorph,Portal: Darnassus,Portal: Ironforge,Portal: Shattrath,Portal: Stormwind,Remove Lesser Curse,Ritual of Refreshment,Slow Fall,Spellsteal,Teleport: Darnassus,Teleport: Ironforge,Teleport: Shattrath,Teleport: Stormwind,Fire Blast,Fire Ward,Fireball,Flamestrike,Molten Armor,Scorch,Blizzard,Cold Snap,Cone of Cold,Frost Armor,Frost Nova,Frost Ward,Frostbolt,Ice Armor,Ice Barrier,Ice Block,Ice Lance,Icy Veins,Summon Water Elemental",

Missing due to talents: Presence of Mind, Arcane Power, Slow, Pyroblast, Blast Wave, Combustion, Dragon's Breath

Edit: Added paladin, hunter, rogue, mage. Will be adding more as I do them.

Arrath on
  • Options
    blackdegreeblackdegree Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    suplol.jpg

blackdegree on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    All this talk about key bindings make me think about whether I should change mine. Right now, the only custom keybinding I have is that shift+numbers is the bottom left action bar.

Also, I have no UI mods at all and is thinking about whether I should change that.

I run without any UI mods, but you should pick up some mods at least, ones that don't change the default UI, just add to it.

Off the top of my head...

Deadly Boss Mods for raiding, this is also nice for PvP because it gives heads up displays about how long nodes have to go before they get captured and things like this.

Omen/KTM: threatmeter. self explanatory

Those are the main two I use. I prefer not to use any mods that modify my interface, because then when I log in on patch day i have to spend hours fixing it, and its really not necessary. I see some interface mods that aren't even recognizable as WoW.

Also re keybindings, I only have very important things that need to be easy to activate keybound.

my Polymorph macro is, as is my Counterspell.

Thats pretty much it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    blackdegreeblackdegree Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    On my mage, I have nearly everything combat-oriented keybound. Shift movement over to ESDF, and you open up 3-4 more keys for easy binding. It's a good thing that as a mage, there isn't a lot to actually need to bind (compared to other classes). For the most part, I only have to have 2 or 3 abilities bound to a shift-modifier.

Also, /cast [target=mouseover] Remove Lesser Curse is the best macro ever.

blackdegree on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    On my mage, I have nearly everything combat-oriented keybound. Shift movement over to ESDF, and you open up 3-4 more keys for easy binding. It's a good thing that as a mage, there isn't a lot to actually need to bind (compared to other classes). For the most part, I only have to have 2 or 3 abilities bound to a shift-modifier.

I think I'll be using an RDX dispel grid for that job.

I'm somewhat surprised by your relative lack of keybindings though. My mage is only 30 and I think I have more bound to a modifier key than you.

E - Frost Nova, Shift+E - Ice Block
    F - Fire Blast, Shift+F - Blink
    C - Cone of Cold, Shift+C, Arcane Explosion, Ctrl+C - Arcane Explosion(Rank 1)
    CAPS - Counterspell, Shift+CAPS - WoTF, Ctrl+Caps - PvP trinket

Fire and Frost shields, and probably Ice Barrier are candidates for Q, and I'm still deciding on where to place Cold Snap, Icy Veins, Water Elemental (+ the elemental's Freeze), Mana Shield, etc.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I think I'll be using an RDX dispel grid for that job.

I'm somewhat surprised by your relative lack of keybindings though. My mage is only 30 and I think I have more bound to a modifier key than you.

E - Frost Nova, Shift+E - Ice Block
    F - Fire Blast, Shift+F - Blink
    C - Cone of Cold, Shift+C, Arcane Explosion, Ctrl+C - Arcane Explosion(Rank 1)
    CAPS - Counterspell, Shift+CAPS - WoTF, Ctrl+Caps - PvP trinket

Fire and Frost shields, and probably Ice Barrier are candidates for Q, and I'm still deciding on where to place Cold Snap, Icy Veins, Water Elemental (+ the elemental's Freeze), Mana Shield, etc.

There's just not that much thats necessary to bind to keybinds, especially if you don't PvP.

In fact if you don't PvP you can get away without keybindings entirely, but a few make life easier. I certainly would never keybind any damage spells.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    In fact if you don't PvP you can get away without keybindings entirely, but a few make life easier. I certainly would never keybind any damage spells.

I feel that instants should be able to be cast while moving. That means they should be easily accessible for me while strafing/running, and I use mouselook for turning. Instants that require facing are especially important to be keybound because you can strafe away from the enemy and hit them without that jump+turn+fire+turn bullshit.

Spells that require you to stay still can be on the number bar (though I have my polymorph macro set to W), but using my mouse to click annoys me unless it isn't critical (like ports, water, etc). I tolerated it to some extent on my warlock long ago partly because I didn't PvP, and partly because the playstyle as Affliction (long before it became cool ;-)) was rather leisurely.

These days it is like going from DSL/Cable to dial-up, or a large monitor to an aging CRT (1024x768 = ewww). Personally, it is just terrible for me to deal with. If you can play by mostly clicking, more power to you. But I have my comfort zone on my keyboard, and I don't like straying from it unless I'm typing.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    or a large monitor to an aging CRT (1024x768 = ewww)

:(

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.