As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy Thread: There's a big difference between 'Mostly Dead' and 'All Dead'

1585960616264»

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I love both the Parasite Eve games.

I'll show myself out now.

(And Edgar might get props if only because he marries Terra.)

Bwah? Edgar marries Terra? o_O

Yeah, um, not to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, and it has been 10+ years since I last beat the game, but I don't remember any mention of Edgar marrying Terra.

On an unrelated note, I picked up a used copy of FFIII for the DS for $10, and I am loving every second of it. It's old school, but the job mechanics are there, and it's nice to see the "missing link" between FFII's Crap-o-rama story and mechanics and FFIV's sheer brilliance.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, Dissidia demo is in the UK PS Store now. I now feel my pre-order is justified (especially after Supernova-ing Tidus :D).

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, this is interesting. It might be PR fluff tho.

Final Fantasy 13 on 360 is 70% done.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, this is interesting. It might be PR fluff tho.

Final Fantasy 13 on 360 is 70% done.

I dunno if this info is online yet, but in my interview I was told they're shooting for 3 discs, though "It might jump up to 4."

I also asked 'em about the "downgrade" that spread across the web like wildwire:

Me: How, if at all, has the Xbox 360 version effected development? There's been some screenshots floating around that show graphics changed, in some places improved in others scaled back...
    Motomu Toriyama: Initial screenshots of the game may well look different to what we have now. This is part of the process of making the game - we have to get a feel for what the system can and can't handle - sometimes things are made better, sometimes things like the number of polygons on a model are reduced to make it more easy to display.
    Yoshinori Kitase: The important thing for us is that the game runs smoothly on both systems. We have made changes to the game, but nothing because of one system specifically - all changes have been made to get maximum performance.

Me: So would you say the Xbox 360 version is identical?
    Yoshinori Kitase: Where it matters, yes. Because of differences in the hardware there will be slight differences but these will likely only be noticable by comparing two identical scenes. The main difference is that the Xbox 360 version will ship on multiple discs.

Me: How many discs are we looking at for the 360 version?
    Yoshinori Kitase: Right now we are aiming for three discs, though this number could change. If it changes it is more likely to go up to four, though!

Also:

Me: What of the two dubs? Will either version of the game ship with dual audio options?
    Yoshinori Kitase: Both languages in each version?
    Me: Yes.
    Yoshinori Kitase: Currently that looks unlikely.

Full thing going up soon.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Was too tired to make the new thread last night, but I promise it'll go up today.

Just one final question: Would you guys prefer if I removed the content that's already out, and only leave in what's still "coming soon"?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think most of the people who frequent this thread don't read the OP past the initial first couple days, so I'm not sure how much it matters. What you have now has been working though, but its up to you.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Was too tired to make the new thread last night, but I promise it'll go up today.

Just one final question: Would you guys prefer if I removed the content that's already out, and only leave in what's still "coming soon"?

Yeah, with a big catch-all thread like this, I think it's best to just have the "upcoming" stuff.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As someone who JUST came into this thread after seeing it grow over 100 pages - upcoming.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As long as the link to my thread stays, I couldn't care less! I barely care about the upcoming games as it is. I don't see myself having a PS3 anytime soon, and I feel really done with MMOs.

Course, I've said that before...

Adus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Could I get AP's fan site along with his rock band? I'm going to add those in too.

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so i'm playing 7 on my psp and somehow i have completely bypassed the conversation with hojo in costa del sol

which is troubling because i have attempted to replay 7 several times since first beating it because i didn't really understand the story since i was so young
    i don't remember if that conversation was particularly important

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Phonehand wrote: »
    so i'm playing 7 on my psp and somehow i have completely bypassed the conversation with hojo in costa del sol

which is troubling because i have attempted to replay 7 several times since first beating it because i didn't really understand the story since i was so young
    i don't remember if that conversation was particularly important

Hojo basically says he's on vacation, asks something about Cloud feeling like he's being called somewhere (I think?) and not-so-subtly mutters for you to go over to Corel. It's not too important... Unless I'm remembering wrong and it is, in fact, the first hint of reunion and Cloud's part in it.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    edited August 2009