As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Lion [chat]

Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C ERegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
78168.jpg

Lion_King.jpg

LionKing_Production_06.jpg

the-lion-king-broadway.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipUFAgbzzw

I saw the Lion King here in NYC on Friday. It was pretty fucking badass.

vRyue2p.png
Hi I'm Vee! on

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hey electricity you know much about capture cards in sydney im looking to grab one but msy (do you use msy wholesalers? or get your stuff from somewhere else) has this huge list of stuff and I can't figure out which are good. Finding a review on an item you get ten million BUY THIS OBJECT hits in google and one review hiddin in there somewhere, crying because its so alone
    I know nothing about capture cards. They seem to be fairly universally disappointing, depending on what you want and what you want to do. I mean for basic TV stuff they're all about the same. If you want a particular grade of quality, then it gets more complicated.

My strategy with MSY is to go from cheapest to most expensive till I find the feature set I want.

Hehe I take a top down strategy. I go for the best reviewed and look for many reviews about each item. Then I look at the midrange. I don't just want feature I want a decent quality in that feature as well. Not all Ram is Equal. Some HDD Brands have a higher error rate. Stuff like that.

So sometimes this happily equals the cheap one and most often its somewhere in the middle and least often its the most expensive except where the only differentiation can be reliability, then its roughly equal with the middle.

The problem is that it's such a time consuming strategy, but since I started doing it I very rarely have computer problems that aren't software oriented. Since I don't put that much energy into my software. Also I need to do it fresh every time I buy a new part since I so rarely need to buy parts cos somethings broken so all the names have completely moved onto new heights of alphanumerical complexity. Got yer Ctch-22 right here sir that will be all of your money! (It's not really an increase in complexity but it's frustrating that all this research is completely wasted in so little time.)

Custom make my baby and fill it with trash hoo ra.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn, are any of those images showing up for you guys? The internet at the hotel is kind of wonky, so I can't tell if it's just broken for me...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God the flu sucks. The fact that the nanocubes appear to stick to everything sucks even more. Making them self-assemble each other is easy, making them not self-assemble is the new problem.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think I know why I don't really play WoW anymore.

I don't do well with people depending on me.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kitty has temporarily been renamed Dr Trent because he's doing an awesome job of looking after me while I'm unwell.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, the vendor didn't turn up :(

However, the area looks ok and there are a few places for sale so there shall be investigations.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

However, the area looks ok and there are a few places for sale so there shall be investigations.

Sucks that the vendor was a no show.

Heh, investigations...makes me think that a song from The Who should start playing now.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Do former presidential candidates receive any protection? Purely academic question, here...

Organichu on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

Heh, investigations...makes me think that a song from The Who should start playing now.

The agent was on about how the guy is desperate to sell, and how it's been on the market for ages, taken off, and now re-advertised at a lower price.

Maybe if he turned up when people want to view it he wouldn't be finding it so difficult.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Some guy made a topic in H/A in which he's filled the OP and the eight subsequent posts with information about bacon.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »

The agent was on about how the guy is desperate to sell, and how it's been on the market for ages, taken off, and now re-advertised at a lower price.

Maybe if he turned up when people want to view it he wouldn't be finding it so difficult.

It would at least instill a bit of confidence in me if I were in your situation. If the guy is serious about getting it sold he needs to get his act together.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What's up, [chat]? Who's liking my new Av\sig?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Your name no longer matches your avatar and sig.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Neither does yours!

...and for the record, jokerman is a Full Metal Jacket reference. It actualy has nothing to do with batman. Just a concidence the dark knight was such a success.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what is this. I just finished a 24 hour clinical with a bunch of bayou hill billies who's discourse can't go farther than fish and boats. Why am I not tired?

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Doxa wrote: »
    what is this. I just finished a 24 hour clinical with a bunch of bayou hill billies who's discourse can't go farther than fish and boats. Why am I not tired?

Is it amphetamines?

I bet it's amphetamines.

EDIT: As an aside, you know that if they were legal, someone would make amphetamints.

japan on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »

Neither does yours!
    My name matches my avatar and sig.

I'm a big ball of Richy goodness.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, guys, if you were a first year at Uni and had to take a course, would you be interested by one called "Latin Erotica"?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So, guys, if you were a first year at Uni and had to take a course, would you be interested by one called "Latin Erotica"?
    whahahahhahahahahahaha

No.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009

Neither does yours!

...and for the record, jokerman is a Full Metal Jacket reference. It actualy has nothing to do with batman. Just a concidence the dark knight was such a success.

Wow it's been so long since I saw that movie, I forgot about the main fucking character.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    God the flu sucks. The fact that the nanocubes appear to stick to everything sucks even more. Making them self-assemble each other is easy, making them not self-assemble is the new problem.

?
    Self-essenble each other?

That terminology is not using self in a very helpful way for getting across the understanding. The way it is used there the "self-essemble", to a person who doesn't know nanotechnology, probably sounds like they can make themselves either alone or by using other things.
    But then you say "each other" implying they can help out another one? Or start the process? Or need to, except self-essemble implies independence. See I dont get what you mean there there's too many possibilities.

Mind you you never really get across what you are talking about in nanotechnology very helpfully. :P Too much jargon for me I just don't know. It's a shame because I find nanotechnology very interesting.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Honestly I think I'd be too embarrassed to take a course like that.
    What university is this at? :winky: j/k

Gonmun on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hello [Chat] I have come to make new friends from D&D

How are you people

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

?

That terminology is not using self in a very helpful way for getting across the understanding.

Mind you you never really get across what you are talking about in nanotechnology very helpfully. :P Too much jargon for me I just don't know. It's a shame because I find nanotechnology very interesting.

All you need to know is that he's making what will later become tiny lego, possibly even tiny pirate lego.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2009
    The cat has climbed onto my very highest shelf where he is lying on my hydration pack and surveying that which occurs below him.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    evilbob wrote: »

?

That terminology is not using self in a very helpful way for getting across the understanding.

All you need to know is that he's making what will later become tiny lego, possibly even tiny pirate lego.

I like learning new things because its fun. I just don't have time to memorise all the jargon and prefer to converse with smaller words or have the jargon explained properly.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The cat has climbed onto my very highest shelf where he is lying on my hydration pack and surveying that which occurs below him.

Mine has claimed a cushion and refuses to leave it.
    P050709_2246.jpg

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

How are you people

I can gauge how many friends you will make here... with only one question.

Do you put out?

Organichu on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hate how dehydrated I get after a night of drinking.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Neither does yours!

Wow it's been so long since I saw that movie, I forgot about the main fucking character.

it's a common mistake, especialy here.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    evilbob wrote: »

Mine has claimed a cushion and refuses to leave it.
    P050709_2246.jpg

dscf2652.jpg

TL DR on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's a nice looking pot.

Cinders on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

How are you people

Hi Church

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    That's a nice looking pot.

Thanks. My fiancee's mom grows wheat grass so our cats can nom on it.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

How are you people

Hi Church
    Are you high or something? This is clearly an Oboro alt.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cats suck

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

How are you people

I can gauge how many friends you will make here... with only one question.

Do you put out?

Not for free :winky:

How are you people

Hi Church

I do not catch your reference, it leaves me scared and confused

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Richy wrote: »

How are you people

Hi Church
    Are you high or something? This is clearly an Oboro alt.

No man. Look at the sig, like he's trying to pass off being from the UK.

Zany antics and posting at lightspeed - 'boro.
    Rickety backstory to be followed by claims of impossible drug consumption - Church

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Don't you need to have a backstory before it can be called Rickety?

Gumpy on
This discussion has been closed.