Quid on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    This Wimbeldon final is intense...

Yeah, it's pretty freaking amazing.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just can't believe Federar is pulling off so many aces, even this late in the game.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    changing bibliographic systems is a pain in the arse. Half the stuff I need to put in this proposal is in one style, the other in another. Fiddly and annoying is the name of the game.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    changing bibliographic systems is a pain in the arse. Half the stuff I need to put in this proposal is in one style, the other in another. Fiddly and annoying is the name of the game.
    Clearly we need the One True Format.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just can't believe Federar is pulling off so many aces, even this late in the game.

I can't believe you are watching tennis. Boring.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It‘s over.

stilist on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Poor Roddick...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Who was the anime-looking dude in the stands they cut to right after the finish?

stilist on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Poor Roddick...

indeed :(

to have shed himself of sooooo much assholeishness and improved his tennis so much is amazing.

I wish he'd won it.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Today I am going to experiment with my egg sandwich by adding curry to the onions while sauteing them. Let's see where this takes us.

Quid on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    The point at which you can start calling the UK "The UK" is a subject of some debate.
    I would go with one of the points when it united. Probably the unification of England and Scotland?

Whee, chat-necro.

There are several of those. There are times when they've both been conquered by the same foreign power, times when they've both been ruled by the same domestic ruler through conquest, times when Scottish Kings have inherited the English throne, English Kings have inherited the Scottish throne, The Union of Crowns, The Treaty of Union, The Act of Union, and the Union of Parliaments (and their subsequent devolution to seperate parliaments again). There are also various uprisings, rebellions and coups d'etat of varying degrees of legitimacy. You also need to define what degree of unification makes them the same country. Scotland and England still have distinct legal systems, for example.

Then you can add in similar problems involving Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and The Channel Islands.

EDIT: I am being semi-sarcastic, here. Most people go with the 1 May 1707, which is after the Treaty of Union and the ratification of an Act of Union by each Parliament. Like anything, however, try to pin it down and twenty people will disagree.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Imagine a computer virus with the sole purpose of randomly inserting an emoticon at the end of one sentence in every email.

stilist on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Imagine a computer virus with the sole purpose of randomly inserting an emoticon at the end of a one sentence in every email.

I think I have a friend that caught that one.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Guys this has taken us to delicious town.

Quid on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Federer's a beast

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So, the wife of the head of MI6 posted pictures of their family and details of where they live on facebook and didn't enable any of the privacy settings.

I'm surprised anyone related to senior intelligence figures would go anywhere near facebook.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So, the wife of the head of MI6 posted pictures of their family and details of where they live on facebook and didn't enable any of the privacy settings.

I'm surprised anyone related to senior intelligence figures would go anywhere near facebook.
    Startling that the head of a government entity would be clueless about the internet.

stilist on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

decoy family

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Startling that the head of a government entity would be clueless about the internet.
    I didn't realize being the wife of the man made the woman head of the government entity.

Quid on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The first series of Look Around You may well be the best thing ever collected onto DVD.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    edited July 2009

It's not him though, it's his wife. I would hope that the head of our foreign intelligence service has at least a passable understanding of how the internet works.

japan on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    lulz mcenroe i <3 him

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I accidentally found out who won today's TdF stage just before sitting down to watch the highlights. I hate when that happens.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    D:

tifi-beer.jpg

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    D:

tifi-beer.jpg

A true classic.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Isn't July supposed to be a big movie month?

It's a pile of shit this year.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Once in my life I hope to get a chance to say "I know that you aren't a gentleman for were you I would offer you scotch."

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Christ do I want a job.

TL DR on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm very interested to see the direction Videobay ends up going in.

TL DR on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God, Occupation's a depressing peace of TV.

Edit: Peace... not an intended typo, but interesting nonetheless!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Actually, while Ghosts is delightfully absurd, I personally think that Maths is funnier overall.

Look Around You - Maths

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    I'm very interested to see the direction Videobay ends up going in.

I hope GGF enjoys buying TPB's name, because the torrents are already starting to migrate elsewhere.

Echo on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    is virtuality good

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hehe so looking at the last email my prof sent out regarding last minute stuff about the field school, I looked at the recieving list to double check how big the group is and yep, about a dozen of us with me being the only guy. Fun times.

Also he sent us two articles, one being kind of big, hell if I am reading that all today, owell I can read most of it on the plane I guess.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    haha some teacher made a video of the previous year for her graduating studnets, and she accidently spliced in part of her sex tape

hahahahahaha

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.