As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] Phallabusters - Day 7: GAME OVER - GOOD AND POSITVE SLIME WIN

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Hm. I'm going to go with gut instinct here and say that !Samurai6966 has actually been acting suspiciously. He tossed me a rather peculiar PM after my initial vote for him yesterday, and then he didn't respond to my response, so I feel justified for voting twice in a row.

Three times will be too many. If you live today, I'll lay off, Sam!

All you said was that drunkposter are assholes. Why respond to that?

Well the fact that you saw fit to PM me about it was pretty sketchy to begin with.

You was the first to jump to vote for me because of it. Nothing really sketchy about that.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    welllllll... I really do not much like any of the votes so far.

But today is a busy day, and I will be out of the house until late.

*gasp* I might not make it back in time for the closing of the vote!

Something must be done.

Thanatos is changing his votes many times. Maybe it mean nothing.

Maybe it means everything.

I.... cannot be sure. But better to vote now, before I go, yes?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wait... what, really?

Still, I think I'll keep my vote on Thanatos for now.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Dunadan, do the names being in green mean that everyone who died was a good guy?

Death colors represent specific aspects of that player's role. What they mean is up to you to figure out.
    By "death colors," do you mean the name that the player name is in, the name that the character's name is in, or both?

Both

Also, tonights narration might be late as I am going after work to sign the paperwork for my new car.

So the fact that all the names were green means something? hrm, maybe they were all good then?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    But if we're right, and there are some ghosts that are good, and others that are evil, that would explain Dunadan's warning that revealing your role could prove dangerous: some powers probably only work on ghosts, while others probably only work on living people. I think the Mayor's reveal opened him up to being targeted by one of those powers. Mechanically speaking, this would be a great way to give a lot of people powers without having them be too effective.

This makes a lot of sense, based on my exhaustive research of the movies. Also bear in mind that in the narration the ghosts that got caught were in purple text, while Gozer was in red. I'm guessing that the ghosts we pegged last night were neutrals. Probably not a bad idea to get rid of them, but I don't know that we aimed as well as we thought...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Soooo ... I'm assuming that eveyone else suffered the database error for about 12 hours? Do we think there could be a day extension?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thank God, I was hoping my internetz wasn't fucking up. Please let there be extension!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Placeholder vote just in case I can sneak in under the wire! Only until I see what happens with vote close times. !Wildcat

Wildcat on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am going to put a placeholder vote on !Powerpuppies for now. That neville mini-wagon still isn't sitting well with me.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In that case, I'm moving my vote back to !Kime. Apparently, it is I who am stupid.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan said the day is extended, and will close at the usual time, broheim. 9pm EST is the end of Day 2.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Not much better options so I'll have to go with Kime.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The librarian and the Scoleri brother were both malevolent ghosts in the movies according to the wiki, but they were un connected to the main bad guys. Not sure what that means, but I doubt they were village aligned.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    The librarian and the Scoleri brother were both malevolent ghosts in the movies according to the wiki, but they were un connected to the main bad guys. Not sure what that means, but I doubt they were village aligned.
    I would argue that the Scoleri Brothers were connected to the main bad guy in the second movie: they manifested out of the slime, remember?

However, I'm not saying that that makes them baddies for sure.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yes to clarify the day is extended and day 2 ends tonight at 9:00 PM EST

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All orders and votes submitted yesterday will still count, you do not have to resend them.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no solid leads yet, so !kime as a placeholder

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »
    Not much better options so I'll have to go with Kime.
    You do realize we actually have a decent amount of info to work with, with some interesting leads, right?

Besides, your vote can't harm me, muahaha!

Edit: Same to pablo :?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think ebfan's powerpuppies idea seems logical.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »

These are the kinda votes I make when I am evil. shalmelo for potential evil hiding post.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Vote Count:
    2 thanatos
    1 wildcat
    2 PP
    3 Kime
    1 shalmelo

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That can't be a correct count, OS. I know I was third to vote for neville. Even if all the others switched, I haven't.... I don't think....

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That is only for the last two pages. I couldn't remember if there were any votes before that.

I really need to actually spread sheet, but I keep expecting someone else to do it. Maybe when I get home and am less busy I can get around to getting a google doc up or something.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    o_O

I... actually find that quite amusing. You decided to give a vote count, but intentionally just picked some of the pages to count.

:lol:, that's hilarious.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    pablo and fatal error are claiming no other choice, when there is a clear better choice than kime - samurai.

no samurai, i dont have a special grudge for you in my heart, it started as a minor suspicion, and my suspicion grew every time you angrily/frustratingly tried to defend yourself.

you know who did that in nevilles main?

the evil players.

if samurai turns out to be a poor choice on my part, ill accept suspicion. but if hes evil, we have 2 new suspects to look at.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »
    I am going to put a placeholder vote on !Powerpuppies for now. That neville mini-wagon still isn't sitting well with me.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

How can the vote be logical when it is for the holding of the place, and has no reason, hmmm?

Observe true logic at work!

Erich Zahn went with the winning of the vote, yes? It is a logical place for the evils to hide their votes, perhaps.

BUT Samurai6966 was not far by many votes, yes? Also a logical place for the hiding.

And only six persons vote for our japanese sword-wielding friend, one of whom is dead.

Arivia, psolms, jaenther, zandracon, rainfall.

Let us go in alphabetical order, yes?

Arivia

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

How can the vote be logical when it is for the holding of the place, and has no reason, hmmm?

Erich Zahn went with the winning of the vote, yes? It is a logical place for the evils to hide their votes, perhaps.

BUT Samurai6966 was not far by many votes, yes? Also a logical place for the hiding.

And only six persons vote for our japanese sword-wielding friend, one of whom is dead.

Arivia

youre quite blatently ignoring the possibility that samurai himself is evil...

also, where are the others who voted for EZ? why are they not in this suspicions list?

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    Because both samurai and garroad are on my evil team.

Silly.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Arivia

To be fair, there was reasoning behind my vote. As I said yesterday before the forums went kablooey, I found the entire neville mini-bandwagon at the start of the day very suspicious. I just happened for find Powerpuppies the most suspicious of the votes. I guess placeholder might not have been the best phrasing. Perhaps I should have phrased it as, "I am voting for Powerpuppies until I find some better reasoning elsewhere."

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i dont think garrod is evil this game. unless hes just really bad at being evil...

seriously, last game, i put him up in my list of 'on my radar' - he kills me. as caleb. how sad that no one put that together but me after i was dead.

in any case, my picks for team evil are pablo, fatal and samurai.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Arivia

also, where are the others who voted for EZ? why are they not in this suspicions list?

Incorrect!

If samurai is evil, then his bandwagon is an even better hiding place.

And the others, yes, they are suspicious. But there are more of them, and so the odds of uncovering a bad one are.... not so good.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What I like about psolms was I remember that way back in the Whedonverse game he was singing a song about how you can make logical votes on the first day instead of just wild firing votes every which way.

That reminds me of myself before I became so bitter and jaded.

Of course, at the time I couldn't acknowledge that, but now I think I'd like to see where this goes.

Samurai6966.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i dont think garrod is evil this game. unless hes just really bad at being evil...

o_O

Wouldn't.... wouldn't that make him good at being evil....?

So confused! Jeez psolms, stop being weird! Meanie. Someone should get an actual vote count up. I want to know if I should stop being wasteful with my vote :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Arivia

Incorrect!

If samurai is evil, then his bandwagon is an even better hiding place.

And the others, yes, they are suspicious. But there are more of them, and so the odds of uncovering a bad one are.... not so good.

but with this logic, we should be pushing for a samurai vote then.

you make me confused.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

you make me confused.
    Now you know how I feel!

Really, nice timing. Both of us complaining about being confused at the same time with italics! We have skill :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fantastic. Now you make me make me be confused.

These people... they are all crazy.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    What I like about psolms was I remember that way back in the Whedonverse game he was singing a song about how you can make logical votes on the first day instead of just wild firing votes every which way.

That reminds me of myself before I became so bitter and jaded.

Of course, at the time I couldn't acknowledge that, but now I think I'd like to see where this goes.

Samurai6966.

yeah, and with just day 1 to go on, i picked out 2 evils.

then, on day 2, i picked out another evil (2 if you count how much i was pushing for jedi=lilah)

also buffy.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »

you make me confused.
    Now you know how I feel!

Really, nice timing. Both of us complaining about being confused at the same time with italics! We have skill :P.

you know what they say about great minds, right?

that they're sexy.

psolms on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The next thing on my list was to suggest having you killed. Then I was converted, and suddenly there were more pressing people.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

To be fair, there was reasoning behind my vote. As I said yesterday before the forums went kablooey, I found the entire neville mini-bandwagon at the start of the day very suspicious. I just happened for find Powerpuppies the most suspicious of the votes. I guess placeholder might not have been the best phrasing. Perhaps I should have phrased it as, "I am voting for Powerpuppies until I find some better reasoning elsewhere."

Yeah, I phrased things badly too - I also thought that powerpuppies' quick bandwagon hop looked a little fishy (which I suppose is ironic, given that I quickly hopped on a bandwagon against him). But yeah, I'm on the same page as Ebfan. From what I can see, a vote against powerpuppies looks like a good idea. But I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

shalmelo on