As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I was perusing the Games-workshop store today hoping that my Space Hulk order wasn't canceled when i was shocked to see the order status had changed from Pending to Dispatched.

The odd thing is it's not Sept 5th yet, so I'm curious as to why my order would be sent. Unless by "dispatched" they meant destroyed.

I just checked my order too and it also says "dispatched" which is what it says when it's been processed according to the other things in my order history on the website. Oddly enough I haven't been charged yet...

Got an email from them about this, there was an error when they were sorting out the first batch to send and put them down as 'dispatched' when they weren't. Guess they ticked some box at the bottom of the form to say it had been sent out when they had actually just got them boxed up and labelled or something.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, I've altered the composition of my WH/IG task force with fighting my friends Tau and Eldar armies. They're the only dudes I play. It's split into three parts, sorta, and I'm gonna flank the last one. I'm not sure what I should cut to add the priest so I can field my penitent engines: ratlings, maybe? My gun-servitor?
    Witch Hunters: 760

HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord and Retinue: (335)

1. Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord w/ Wargear (170)
    A.)Inferno Pistol (15)
    B.)Force Weapon (45)
    C,)Rosarius(25)
    D.)Inquisitorial Mandate (40)
    E.)Psychic Hood (30)
    F.)Mantle of Ophelia(15)
    G.)Purity Seals(5)
    H.)Psychic Pow. (Scourging) (20)
    I.) Blessed Weapon
    2.Servo Skull x3 (18 pts.)
    3.Torturer(12pts)
    4.Crusader(20)
    5.Combat Servitor(25)
    6.Calculus Logi (10)
    8.Notary(8w/out wg)
    9.Penitent Witch(7)
    10.Gun Servitor (w/wg 45)
    A. Notary WG: Mancatcher(5), Power Armor(10)
    B. Gun Servitor : Plasma Cannon (35)

Elites: (250)
    1. Callidus Assassin (120)
    2. 2x Death Cult Assassins (80)

Troops(177)
    Battle Sisters x12 (135)+42=177
    1. Meltagun x1 (10)
    2. Heavy Flamer (12)
    3. Imagifier(20)

Heavy Support: 248

Penitent Engines x2 (160pts)

Immolator: (65 pts) + 23 = 88
    2.Smoke Launchers (3)
    3.Blessed Ammo (10)
    4.Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter (10)

Imperial Guard Defensive Task Force - 826 points

HQ
    1.Company Command Squad:117
    1. Company Commander
    A.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    B.)Power Weapon(10)
    2. Regimental Standard (35 points)
    3. Heavy Bolter Team (10)
    4.Master of Ordinance (30)
    5. 2x Bodyguard (30)
    6. 1x Heavy Flamer (free)

Elites 95
    1x Tech priest (45 points)
    5x Ratling Snipers (50)

Troops
    Veteran Squad #1 147
    1.1x Vet. Sgt.
    A)Power Weapon (10 points)
    B.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer(20)
    3.1x Heavy Bolter(10)
    4.1x Mortar(5)
    Doctrine: Grenadiers(30)

Veteran Squad #2 117
    1.1x Vet. Sgt.
    B.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer(20)
    3.1x Heavy Bolter(10)
    4.1x Mortar(5)
    Doctrine: None

Heavy Support
    Basilisk x2 (250) + 70 = 320
    Squad Equipped with:
    Camo Netting (60)
    Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

Imperial Guard Assault Task Force 410
    HQ:
    Platoon HQ 204
    1. Junior Officer
    2. Platoon Commander with Boltgun (2)
    3. Primaris Psyker with Lightning (70)
    4. Std. Bearer (35)
    5. Commissar w/ PW and BP (35)(12)
    6.3x Imperial Guardsman
    A.) Heavy Flamer (20)
    Fast Attack: 200

Hellhound 160
    2.Camo Netting (20)
    4.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

Scout Walker 40
    1x Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support 210
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (150 pts.)
    1.Camo Netting (20)
    .2x Sponson-mounted Meltaguns (30)
    5.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

I am probably going to switch one of the veteran squads - probably the non grenadiers, since protecting my baisilsks is of the utmost import - to the flanking force, accompanying the Platoon HQ.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Drop the Imagifier, and the camo netting from your tanks. That should free up more than enough points.

Re: early shipping of orders, GW also tends to send out pre-orders slightly ahead of the street date, so generally people start receiving their products in the two weeks leading up to the official release date.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you think the Leman Russ and hellhound, being as they're going to be full on flankin' some motherfuckers and not hiding, will benefit from the netting? If not, I'll just leave it on the Basilisks, take me a Priest, and be illin'.

I'm gonna try today to finish building my actual, real Leman Russ. I do not have directions. I am an awful modeller. This will end in sticky horrible hands and pain.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've said it before, but man, fuck wulfen.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Green Blow FlyGreen Blow Fly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys! I got a good look at the new SW codex and I must say it is red hot!!!

G

Green Blow Fly on
    The haterz give me speshul poarz!
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

G

You can't say something that and not elaborate. Nerd code, dude.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Okay, I've altered the composition of my WH/IG task force with fighting my friends Tau and Eldar armies. They're the only dudes I play. It's split into three parts, sorta, and I'm gonna flank the last one. I'm not sure what I should cut to add the priest so I can field my penitent engines: ratlings, maybe? My gun-servitor?
    Witch Hunters: 760

HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord and Retinue: (335)

1. Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord w/ Wargear (170)
    A.)Inferno Pistol (15)
    B.)Force Weapon (45)
    C,)Rosarius(25)
    D.)Inquisitorial Mandate (40)
    E.)Psychic Hood (30)
    F.)Mantle of Ophelia(15)
    G.)Purity Seals(5)
    H.)Psychic Pow. (Scourging) (20)
    I.) Blessed Weapon
    2.Servo Skull x3 (18 pts.)
    3.Torturer(12pts)
    4.Crusader(20)
    5.Combat Servitor(25)
    6.Calculus Logi (10)
    8.Notary(8w/out wg)
    9.Penitent Witch(7)
    10.Gun Servitor (w/wg 45)
    A. Notary WG: Mancatcher(5), Power Armor(10)
    B. Gun Servitor : Plasma Cannon (35)

Elites: (250)
    1. Callidus Assassin (120)
    2. 2x Death Cult Assassins (80)

Troops(177)
    Battle Sisters x12 (135)+42=177
    1. Meltagun x1 (10)
    2. Heavy Flamer (12)
    3. Imagifier(20)

Heavy Support: 248

Penitent Engines x2 (160pts)

Immolator: (65 pts) + 23 = 88
    2.Smoke Launchers (3)
    3.Blessed Ammo (10)
    4.Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter (10)

Imperial Guard Defensive Task Force - 826 points

HQ
    1.Company Command Squad:117
    1. Company Commander
    A.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    B.)Power Weapon(10)
    2. Regimental Standard (35 points)
    3. Heavy Bolter Team (10)
    4.Master of Ordinance (30)
    5. 2x Bodyguard (30)
    6. 1x Heavy Flamer (free)

Elites 95
    1x Tech priest (45 points)
    5x Ratling Snipers (50)

Troops
    Veteran Squad #1 147
    1.1x Vet. Sgt.
    B.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer(20)
    3.1x Heavy Bolter(10)
    4.1x Mortar(5)
    Doctrine: Grenadiers(30)

Veteran Squad #2 117
    1.1x Vet. Sgt.
    B.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer(20)
    3.1x Heavy Bolter(10)
    4.1x Mortar(5)
    Doctrine: None

Heavy Support
    Basilisk x2 (250) + 70 = 320
    Squad Equipped with:
    Camo Netting (60)
    Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

Imperial Guard Assault Task Force 410
    HQ:
    Platoon HQ 204
    1. Junior Officer
    2. Platoon Commander with Boltgun (2)
    3. Primaris Psyker with Lightning (70)
    4. Std. Bearer (35)
    5. Commissar w/ PW and BP (35)(12)
    6.3x Imperial Guardsman
    A.) Heavy Flamer (20)
    Fast Attack: 200

Hellhound 160
    2.Camo Netting (20)
    4.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

Scout Walker 40
    1x Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support 210
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (150 pts.)
    1.Camo Netting (20)
    .2x Sponson-mounted Meltaguns (30)
    5.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)

I am probably going to switch one of the veteran squads - probably the non grenadiers, since protecting my baisilsks is of the utmost import - to the flanking force, accompanying the Platoon HQ.

You really need to take a better look at the rules governing allies(either allying witch hunters to IG, or visa versa). There are a number of restrictions that you don't seem to be following.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    For those interested in Space Hulk get the new White Dwarf. It is very much worth it.

Also I didn't fare to well in my two games today with my FW Armored Battlegroup. You'll be happy to know that the sentinels survived both games and did get a fair number of kills. Commissar "The Law" Nisely also survived in his Vanquisher and managed to kill a Hammerhead dead on first turn.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I demand to know if Lt. Narian was deployed :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nax wrote: »

It was Ash, Hats, and Dawes. Your Sentinel is still in the paint shop.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You'll be happy to know that the sentinels survived both games and did get a fair number of kills.

Good lads. Has the update changed how the armoured battlegroup plays at all? I can't imagine it being anything other than a steamroller.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DragonPup wrote: »

G

You can't say something that and not elaborate. Nerd code, dude.

Sure he can. He's a troll.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It was Ash, Hats, and Dawes. Your Sentinel is still in the paint shop.

Yay! Action!
    This is the closest I've come to a game for more than a month.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    btw we got our space hulk boxes in and I am amazed at the quality. GW really stepped up for this one.

alqadim on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    alqadim wrote: »
    btw we got our space hulk boxes in and I am amazed at the quality. GW really stepped up for this one.

sigh
    Hopefully they sent it to the right address here

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You'll be happy to know that the sentinels survived both games and did get a fair number of kills.

Good lads. Has the update changed how the armoured battlegroup plays at all? I can't imagine it being anything other than a steamroller.

Well it sure would be if my opponents didn't start rolling INCREDIBLY WELL for saves in both games. There's something wrong with marines taking cover saves.

In the first game I was rolling god damn 15's for armor pen every turn with my Vanquisher against his damn Lascannon Predator by the kept making armor saves. After a while the inevitable happened and space marine fists meet Leman Russ armor... I had assigned a sentinel to each armor fist squad, but Ash and Hats detached to assault a squad of Vanguards to tie them up. Hats got immobilized but not before the two of them killed three Vanguard in close combat and managed to make the rest run. The next turn the Vanguard got obliterated by sentinel autocannon fire. Dawes hung around on the other end of the field covering 3rd squad on an objective and managed to kill another dreadnought with his new autocannon. In the end I couldn't clear the scouts out of the middle objective which was a ruin with the techmarine bonus giving them a 2+ save...

Second game was against Tau and I managed to kill both of the hammerheads with my first two shots from the Vanquisher and one of the Demolishers. After that it kinda went to shit. The sentinels did kill a Broadside and a Crisis after weeding out the drones.

Personally I think the two big things we can take out of that update are the new Vulture rules, and Valkyries and Vultures counting as fliers in Apoc.

A Vulture with punisher cannons would be a very nice addition in my big Vendetta list.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I just realized, if I ever play you, Tim... All you have to do is field my sentinel.. I will never be able to bring myself to shoot it, and it will get to do pretty much whatever it wants :P
    [size=-5]also please paint it! :P[/size]

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In the end I couldn't clear the scouts out of the middle objective which was a ruin with the techmarine bonus giving them a 2+ save...

This ruin was in his deployment zone, correct? Because you can only bolster ruins in your deployment zone.

Raslin on

• Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It needs to take on your hive tyrant then nax and kill it.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rules state that in close combat you HAVE to make all of your attacks... So as long as he doesn't charge the tyrant, he will be okay :)

Nax on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    move 6 las cannon to the face, rinse repeat :)

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think 6 lascannons to the face would do it without needing to rinse or repeat :)

Nax on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Raslin wrote: »
    In the end I couldn't clear the scouts out of the middle objective which was a ruin with the techmarine bonus giving them a 2+ save...

This ruin was in his deployment zone, correct? Because you can only bolster ruins in your deployment zone.

It was dawn of war, so yeah. So god damn annoying. Plus he hid his tactical squads behind total line of sight blocking terrain the whole game then ran them out on the last turn. I couldn't get anything around into line of sight since they were all the way back near his board edge. I held three of the five objectives for the first five turns then he rushed to contest right at the end of 6 and there was nothing I could do about it

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh and btw i have no idea how the attack bike ended up on that part of my list. But yes calgar uses it as his personal skiing device. Cause hes that freaking AWSOME!!!! choked out an avatar with bare hands AWSOME!!!!

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It was dawn of war, so yeah. So god damn annoying. Plus he hid his tactical squads behind total line of sight blocking terrain the whole game then ran them out on the last turn. I couldn't get anything around into line of sight since they were all the way back near his board edge. I held three of the five objectives for the first five turns then he rushed to contest right at the end of 6 and there was nothing I could do about it

Sounds like a good strategy, that also doubles as being completely dickish. Maybe that's just me. I just feel that you should be trying to win, not just waiting to force a draw if you aren't 'ard enough to take a few points. :P

XOCentric on
    steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Clearly, you need a colossus, tim.

Raslin on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    i think imperator titan would work best spork. Then you can say ohhh i have LOS with my volcano cannon.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't say it was dickish, really. Tim was playing an Armored Company. It could very well be that those tactical marines had absolutely no weapons to take down the tanks, so the only thing they COULD do was hide until last turn.

It sucks that Tim lost, but I wouldn't be prepared to call his opponent a dick based on that move alone.

Now, that's not to say he isn't a dick... He could very well be based on other occurances :)

Nax on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    it's not exactly fair to call someone a dick for attempting to compete in a competitive environment

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Fair enough, I suppose if his list was light in the AT department, facing an armor company would be cause for some delaying tactics.

Still, I'm a guy who looks at a dread or something else my mob of boyz can't hurt and says "well, there's the one nob with the klaw, he should be able to open it up before too many boyz die..."

This trukk ain't got but one gear: fasta'!

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, Tim is playing his armored company in a league, so there is something to be won, and is therefore more competitive.

I do things in league games/tournaments that I would never do in a friendly pickup game.

I also do things in friendly pickup games that I would never do in a tourney.

They're just completely different environments.

Nax on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, still kicking around idea's for my skitarii army I plan on creating... I'm thinking having a secutor as a stand in for guardsmen marbo, but I dunno... it would need some 'splaining.

Raslin on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree. I can see the necessity to alter your strategies for 'super serial' games. However, I would probably play in a tournament the same way I play pickup games: when can I get stuck in/ how many of the ladz can I get stuck in/ how many of the enemy can I kill?

I think I'd make a good partner for a 2v2 or more game where you needed some distractions. :D

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, still kicking around idea's for my skitarii army I plan on creating... I'm thinking having a secutor as a stand in for guardsmen marbo, but I dunno... it would need some 'splaining.

Man, I'm leaning in this direction as well. Mainly after reading Titanicus. Goddamn did he do a good job of making massive skitarii vs evil skitarii combat seem fucking brutal.

What would they be proxied for though?

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, Tim is playing his armored company in a league, so there is something to be won, and is therefore more competitive.

I do things in league games/tournaments that I would never do in a friendly pickup game.

I also do things in friendly pickup games that I would never do in a tourney.

They're just completely different environments.

This wasn't for a league, it was just me testing out the new FW rules. However saying that marines could be under armed against Leman Russes is kind of ridiculous since even their basic weapon can blow up my tanks if they hit them in the right spot. The supposed strengths of an armored company are vastly over estimated.

Needless to say I'll be sticking to large numbers of ground troops in the future.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, does anyone know where the rules are for "mooks," for Dark Heresy? To scale the baddies depending on how hard they are to kill. I can't find it and I have to get to class soon.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    A bolter can damage armored vehicles? I think my math is way fucked, or I'm not understanding something.

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    XOCentric wrote: »
    A bolter can damage armored vehicles? I think my math is way fucked, or I'm not understanding something.

All Guard armor with the exception of Demolishers, Punishers, and executioners are rear armor 10. Bolters can do damage.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    str 4 on rear armor 10, so yes if you roll enough double taps you can glance him, blow off enough weapons or immobilize him and u can wreck him, ive done it to trukks and such. Or you can assault and crack grenade it.

Captain Scurvy on