As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wow, this came out of nowhere.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just reinstalled deus ex :)

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I don't know who Warren Spector is, but this looks rad. Do we have a vague "should be done by" date yet?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BigDes wrote: »
    Shit, I can't find my Deus Ex disc.

Its on Steam for $9.99, no excuses :)

Menasor on
    Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So I don't know who Warren Spector is

What

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Leanna was so proud. I told her about the game and she said "That's the guy who made Spore, right?"

It was rough having to burst her happy little bubble, she was so happy to know about a developer.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So I don't know who Warren Spector is

What

I can't be a nerd about everything!

Jimothy on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was fucking Goofy!"

haha no seriously, what i can see of the pictures looks beautifully disturbing. never played KH, but AM's Alice is still my top creepy-raped-my-childhood game.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cadmunky wrote: »

haha no seriously, what i can see of the pictures looks beautifully disturbing. never played KH, but AM's Alice is still my top creepy-raped-my-childhood game.

Wait until the movie!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »

Wait until the movie!

are you fucking kidding me?

cadmunky on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Wait until the movie!

Still just in talks, but ...

JoeUser on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Leanna was so proud. I told her about the game and she said "That's the guy who made Spore, right?"

It was rough having to burst her happy little bubble, she was so happy to know about a developer.

To be fair Will Wright is probably the most well known game developer as far as game developers go

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Wait until the movie!

After Burton's remake got greenlit I think the production of AM's slowed to a halt

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »

To be fair Will Wright is probably the most well known game developer as far as game developers go

Yeah, and Wright is up there on my list of inspirations. But I've always view his work as more philisophical than practical. His concepts of playing and using games as imagination tools are very interesting and high level, but I look at Spector as an example of how to put new concepts into a storytelling space.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Wait until the movie!

thanks for the heads-up. i truly hope this comes to pass, but i can see all the rights-swapping that's going on. i'll pore over this for a bit.

cadmunky on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The preview of Burton's Alice looks predictably Burtonish. Don't think I'll see it.

This Epic Mickey, however, looks awesome.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    who doesn't like disney

well you know

I don't like disney now

but they used to be pretty rad!

back when Walt Disney was around, and before he became a cyborg spider that ate small Puerto Rican children

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a problem with the new alice movie being burtonish

I just worry that burton's love of johnny depp might have made him make the hatter the whole focus of the film

hell, in the trailer, is the actress who plays alice, the supposed main character, is not only never mentioned by name, but doesn't even have a single spoken line

christ, burton, if you want to just keep making movies starring depp than just pick stories where the main characters are male

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    johnny depp starring in Quirky Actor, directed by tim burton

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    I am a total Warren Spector fanboy. He is pretty much the only thing in gaming I really stupid over.

Next to my wife and Bendery, he's probably the third most likely person to unexpectedly end up having sex with me.

:x

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I just worry that burton's love of johnny depp might have made him make the hatter the whole focus of the film

hell, in the trailer, is the actress who plays alice, the supposed main character, is not only never mentioned by name, but doesn't even have a single spoken line

christ, burton, if you want to just keep making movies starring depp than just pick stories where the main characters are male

You realize that this isn't an adaptation of the novel, right?

It's kinda a sequelish thing, taking place when Alice is in her later teen years

Straightzi on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Mad Hatter helps her slay the evil Jabberwock. He is the keeper of the magic sword that can kill it, you see.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Vorpal Sword, Thelonius

Antimatter on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yes, that is the sword in question.

He is her wacky sidekick. The doormouse will live in his hat.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If a sound designer can make a plausible "snicker-snack" sound, they deserve an Oscar

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »

It's kinda a sequelish thing, taking place when Alice is in her later teen years

Is it really?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »

Oh god that sounds even worse

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That concept art is pretty amazing.

But I am sad and annoyed to learn it's for the wii.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I believe the appropriate phrase to use here is choke on it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What the fuck is this thing?

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Eat dicks.

Oh hey, I'm unjailed, sweet!

sarukun on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The pictures are likely to be better than the game anyway.

Hmph.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    don't you have a story about moody anthropomorphic animals you should be touching yourself to or something

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=91351

I don't know how credible this is (probably not at all) but there you go

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

It doesn't look like it's all about the Hatter, from what I'm seeing in the trailer. It seems like Hatter is just going to be a more prominent character than most of the cast.

It's not out for another 8 months, they probably don't have much to show at this point, and a lot of Alice's scenes probably haven't been finished yet.

Looks like he'll probably be a tagalong, instead of just one of many people in Wonderland. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=91351

I don't know how credible this is (probably not at all) but there you go

some other site/magazine/who gives a fuck reported the same thing

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I approve. I kinda like the idea of Mickey as this kind of horribly tyrannical benevolent misguided big brother man behind the curtain type figure. Like the fairytale war of Fables. It just seems... fun and exploratory.

To finish this post, I include probably my favourite Mickey Short, Mickey's Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9p8iaKVOAw

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what was awesome and about Alice set after Alice in Wonderland? Amercian McGee's Alice.

L|ama on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hrmm i was hoping Alice would be like that book, what was it called, where the Hatter was a super badass body guard or something

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    I approve. I kinda like the idea of Mickey as this kind of horribly tyrannical benevolent misguided big brother man behind the curtain type figure. Like the fairytale war of Fables. It just seems... fun and exploratory.

To finish this post, I include probably my favourite Mickey Short, Mickey's Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9p8iaKVOAw

holy shit

I have been looking for a version of this that wasn't in german or a shitty "hurhur I'm 13 and I'm redubbing something with swear words on youtube" thing or anything like that for fucking ages

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All that concept art will get thrown out.

There is no way in hell Disney legal will allow it.

If this game actually gets released, it will look VERY different.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.