As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legal Trouble (Traffic Related)

GirlPantsGirlPants Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Back story:
Last night I was driving home to Florida from visiting friends in Atlanta, GA. I was driving my motorcycle, which is a Suzuki gxr, through Valdosta, GA at around 5pm. The whole time I was doing between 70-95 depending on traffic, speeding sometimes. Now when I'm driving that fast I literally cannot hear anything at all expect wind and my engine. I was also very spaced out from the long drive and was leaning over on my gas tank not paying attention to much except what was in front of me. I pretty much couldn't see out of the mirrors at all, nor was I looking. So a cop tags me for speeding and starts following me. I have no idea how long he was following me but eventually he makes himself visible by running me off the road, hand cuffing me and arresting me for evading and eluding. A misdemeanor luckily. I ended up getting four other charges: No motor cycle license, expired tags, no insurance, and speeding. Now I have a court date in a month. I have never been in trouble with the law before so I have that on my side, but I was to be prepared as possible for this date. I need advice on who I should talk to, what I should be doing, etc., to prepare.

I didn't have a license because I just hadn't gotten around to it yet, stupid move. I didn't know my tags were expired cause my license plate says 07-09 and I thought I had to the end of the month. I think I can beat this because in Florida you have a 30 day grace period I'm pretty sure. In Florida you also do not have to have insurance on a motorcycle. And obviously I was speeding. I'm most worried about the eluding one as it could potentially mean I serve time in county jail. I'm hoping some of you can help me figure out a good plan of action for this.

GirlPants on

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What does it matter what the Florida law is if you were pulled over in Georgia?

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Lord Yod wrote: »

I believe because my bike is registered in Florida and I was just passing through that those law do not apply to me. Mainly the insurance one.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuck, I hope you live close to the border. You are going to have to deal with this in Georgia.

Sure having a laundry list of felonies wouldn't help, but having a clean record doesn't mean they will go easy on you. What type of penalties are you looking at?
    As far as I'm aware, the registration thing is bs. Get a new one tomorrow and if/when this goes in front of a judge show them that you got a new registration and when.

edit:
    Oooo, not good
    https://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content42623.aspx
    You need to carry insurance if you travel out of state.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GirlPants wrote: »

I believe because my bike is registered in Florida and I was just passing through that those law do not apply to me. Mainly the insurance one.

You are subject to the law of the state you are present in.

Really all you can do is try to convince the judge that you did not intentionally evade the police officer.

pantsy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    pantsy wrote: »

Really all you can do is try to convince the judge that you did not intentionally evade the police officer.

Wow seriously? So they can get me for the insurance thing? That means I would of had to buy insurance just to leave the state?

GirlPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If Alabama requires all motorcyclists in their state to have insurance, then yes.

pantsy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Wow seriously? So they can get me for the insurance thing? That means I would of had to buy insurance just to leave the state?

I edited my post

Same with helmet laws

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fuck, I hope you live close to the border. You are going to have to deal with this in Georgia.

Sure having a laundry list of felonies wouldn't help, but having a clean record doesn't mean they will go easy on you. What type of penalties are you looking at?
    As far as I'm aware, the registration thing is bs. Get a new one tomorrow and if/when this goes in front of a judge show them that you got a new registration and when.

edit:
    Oooo, not good
    You need to carry insurance if you travel out of state.

Damn ok, well I guess I'm screwed on that one. The registration thing is BS because it doesn't even expire till the end of the month.

The main one I'm worried about is evading and eluding. Does anyone know the penalty for that?

GirlPants on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You need to get a fucking lawyer. In Georgia.

And yes, you need to follow the laws of the state you're in, not the state you left. Jesus.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    You need to get a fucking lawyer. In Georgia.

And yes, you need to follow the laws of the state you're in, not the state you left. Jesus.

Ya I'm gonna call some lawyers tomorrow. The good news is that none of those charges have a jail time penalty i found out. Still could get hit with some nasty fines though.

And I thought that some of those laws would relate to the state the vehicle was registered in instead of the state I was in.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No.
    State law=doesn't make a fucking difference
    Federal law= doesn't matter where you are

You can absolutely get jail time as part of the sentencing, but you will probably just get fines. You would probably get jail time if you couldn't/wouldn't pay the fines or you were acted like a total douche bag in court.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No.

You can absolutely get jail time as part of the sentencing, but you will probably just get fines. You would probably get jail time if you couldn't/wouldn't pay the fines or you were acted like a total douche bag in court.

What I meant is I looked up the maximum penalty for evading and eluding and it's a fine, not jail time. And none of the other ones have jail time either. I intend to take care of the license issue and tag issue before i go. I can't afford insurance nor do i think it would help at this point.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No.

What I meant is I looked up the maximum penalty for evading and eluding and it's a fine, not jail time. And none of the other ones have jail time either. I intend to take care of the license issue and tag issue before i go. I can't afford insurance nor do i think it would help at this point.

As long as you don't do something incredibly stupid like ride your motorcycle to your court date. Please tell me you plan on being driven or taking a car.

Also, I don't know how accurate this is but on a GA law firm website they warn that "You can be convicted of a felony if while fleeing or attempting to elude police, you were found guilty of driving faster than ten miles over the posted speed limit. "

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No.

As long as you don't do something incredibly stupid like ride your motorcycle to your court date. Please tell me you plan on being driven or taking a car.

haha no my whole family will prob go.

Does anyone know free legal advice services or something?

GirlPants on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You were charged with evading because you fit the stereotype to a goddamn t. A half-helmet and t-shirt would complete the picture. The guy on the BMW in an Aerostich suit would have been off with a "sorry, didn't see you back there" and a speeding ticket.

If you go to university, they'll have free legal assistance, though I don't know if they'll touch something like this.
    No insurance? Seriously? I don't give a shit if it's legal, it's fantastically stupid. Whatcha gonna do when one of the geezers down there pegs you and drives off, pay with fairy dust?

Fats on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    No insurance? Seriously? I don't give a shit if it's legal, it's fantastically stupid. Whatcha gonna do when one of the geezers down there pegs you and drives off, pay with fairy dust?
    If that happens while he's on a motorcycle, odds are the only cost is going to be a casket.

And it's going to be a small one, because it only has to hold a smear.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    motorcycle insurance is cheap anyway, if you don't insure the bike

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    If that happens while he's on a motorcycle, odds are the only cost is going to be a casket.

And it's going to be a small one, because it only has to hold a smear.

Unfortunately, that's usually not the case.

Fats on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Really your only chance is to try and fight the evading and the tag, if it really didn't expire until the end of the month, everything else you are boned on.

Suit up and hope they are happy that day in court.

rfalias on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the bike.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    type in "legal aid georgia" and find yourself a lawyer in Georgia

unless you talk to a lawyer or a judge about what the penalties are, don't assume you know squat about what's going to happen

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just for reference:

Georgia Legal Code:
    § 40-6-395. Fleeing or attempting to elude police officer; impersonating law enforcement officer

(a) It shall be unlawful for any driver of a vehicle willfully to fail or refuse to bring his or her vehicle to a stop or otherwise to flee or attempt to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police officer when given a visual or an audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop. The signal given by the police officer may be by hand, voice, emergency light, or siren. The officer giving such signal shall be in uniform prominently displaying his or her badge of office, and his or her vehicle shall be appropriately marked showing it to be an official police vehicle.
    (b)(1) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a high and aggravated misdemeanor and:

(A) Upon conviction shall be fined not less than $500.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than ten days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of ten days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated;

(B) Upon the second conviction within a ten-year period of time, as measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained, shall be fined not less than $1,000.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than 30 days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of 30 days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated; and for purposes of this paragraph, previous pleas of nolo contendere accepted within such ten-year period shall constitute convictions; and

(C) Upon the third or subsequent conviction within a ten-year period of time, as measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained, shall be fined not less than $2,500.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than 90 days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of 90 days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated; and for purposes of this paragraph, previous pleas of nolo contendere accepted within such ten-year period shall constitute convictions.

(2) For the purpose of imposing a sentence under this subsection, a plea of nolo contendere shall constitute a conviction.

(3) If the payment of the fine required under paragraph (1) of this subsection will impose an economic hardship on the defendant, the judge, at his or her sole discretion, may order the defendant to pay such fine in installments and such order may be enforced through a contempt proceeding or a revocation of any probation otherwise authorized by this subsection.

(4) Notwithstanding the limits set forth in any municipal charter, any municipal court of any municipality shall be authorized to impose the punishments provided for in this subsection upon a conviction of violating this subsection or upon conviction of violating any ordinance adopting the provisions of this subsection.
    (5)(A) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this Code section who, while fleeing or attempting to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police officer in an attempt to escape arrest for any offense other than a violation of this chapter, operates his or her vehicle in excess of 30 miles an hour above the posted speed limit, strikes or collides with another vehicle or a pedestrian, flees in traffic conditions which place the general public at risk of receiving serious injuries, or leaves the state shall be guilty of a felony punishable by a fine of $5,000.00 or imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than five years or both.

(B) Following adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence for a violation of subparagraph (A) of this paragraph, the sentence shall not be suspended, probated, deferred, or withheld, and the charge shall not be reduced to a lesser offense, merged with any other offense, or served concurrently with any other offense.

So basically you are looking at a $500-$5000 dollar fine, and at least 10 days in the county jail.

pantsy on
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just for reference:

Georgia Legal Code:
    § 40-6-395. Fleeing or attempting to elude police officer; impersonating law enforcement officer

(a) It shall be unlawful for any driver of a vehicle willfully to fail or refuse to bring his or her vehicle to a stop or otherwise to flee or attempt to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police officer when given a visual or an audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop. The signal given by the police officer may be by hand, voice, emergency light, or siren. The officer giving such signal shall be in uniform prominently displaying his or her badge of office, and his or her vehicle shall be appropriately marked showing it to be an official police vehicle.
    (b)(1) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a high and aggravated misdemeanor and:

(A) Upon conviction shall be fined not less than $500.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than ten days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of ten days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated;

(B) Upon the second conviction within a ten-year period of time, as measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained, shall be fined not less than $1,000.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than 30 days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of 30 days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated; and for purposes of this paragraph, previous pleas of nolo contendere accepted within such ten-year period shall constitute convictions; and

(C) Upon the third or subsequent conviction within a ten-year period of time, as measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained, shall be fined not less than $2,500.00 nor more than $5,000.00, which fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation and imprisoned for not less than 90 days nor more than 12 months. Any period of such imprisonment in excess of 90 days may, in the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated; and for purposes of this paragraph, previous pleas of nolo contendere accepted within such ten-year period shall constitute convictions.

(2) For the purpose of imposing a sentence under this subsection, a plea of nolo contendere shall constitute a conviction.

(3) If the payment of the fine required under paragraph (1) of this subsection will impose an economic hardship on the defendant, the judge, at his or her sole discretion, may order the defendant to pay such fine in installments and such order may be enforced through a contempt proceeding or a revocation of any probation otherwise authorized by this subsection.

(4) Notwithstanding the limits set forth in any municipal charter, any municipal court of any municipality shall be authorized to impose the punishments provided for in this subsection upon a conviction of violating this subsection or upon conviction of violating any ordinance adopting the provisions of this subsection.
    (5)(A) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this Code section who, while fleeing or attempting to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police officer in an attempt to escape arrest for any offense other than a violation of this chapter, operates his or her vehicle in excess of 30 miles an hour above the posted speed limit, strikes or collides with another vehicle or a pedestrian, flees in traffic conditions which place the general public at risk of receiving serious injuries, or leaves the state shall be guilty of a felony punishable by a fine of $5,000.00 or imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than five years or both.

(B) Following adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence for a violation of subparagraph (A) of this paragraph, the sentence shall not be suspended, probated, deferred, or withheld, and the charge shall not be reduced to a lesser offense, merged with any other offense, or served concurrently with any other offense.

So basically you are looking at a $500-$5000 dollar fine, and at least 10 days in the county jail.

you probably won't do any jail time, and for good measure they may make you pay the 5k and then some, you know court costs, oh and don't get a court appointed attorney, hire your own!

weather man bob on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If I was your lawyer (and I'm not), I would advise trying to plea bargain down to reckless driving or something, since you admitted to not paying attention.

pantsy on
  • Options
    mystikspyralmystikspyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My advice? Don't be stupid and drive without a license. If you are driving without a license sure as hell don't speed.

As this doesn't help you now, you need to lawyer up fast. The Georgia judicial system is not known for being lenient with people flagrantly breaking the law.

mystikspyral on
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail" :rotate:
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You were charged with evading because you fit the stereotype to a goddamn t. A half-helmet and t-shirt would complete the picture. The guy on the BMW in an Aerostich suit would have been off with a "sorry, didn't see you back there" and a speeding ticket.

I suspect more that it was his out of state plates, it's a well known problem, because you're way more likely to pay the fines and settle quickly than fight it. Some smaller communities in Texas have a nasty habit of preying on out of state minorities for example.

First of all, put some damn insurance on that bike, that way if you lay it down and break half the bones in your leg you got some backup for all the bills. Once insured go register it, and that should be the end of those two charges, as every state I've ever lived in gives you a grace period on those two issues. The evading charge will be interesting, you'll definitely need a lawyer for that. I would imagine a sincere apology and explanation to the judge should at least get the fines knocked down and save you from jail time. And the speeding charge, I would just let that go and pay whatever the fine for it is, as your main concern is getting out of the evading charge. Or at least mine would be.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    StormCrow420StormCrow420 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Back story:
    Last night I was driving home to Florida from visiting friends in Atlanta, GA. I was driving my motorcycle, which is a Suzuki gxr, through Valdosta, GA at around 5pm. The whole time I was doing between 70-95 depending on traffic, speeding sometimes. Now when I'm driving that fast I literally cannot hear anything at all expect wind and my engine. I was also very spaced out from the long drive and was leaning over on my gas tank not paying attention to much except what was in front of me. I pretty much couldn't see out of the mirrors at all, nor was I looking. So a cop tags me for speeding and starts following me. I have no idea how long he was following me but eventually he makes himself visible by running me off the road, hand cuffing me and arresting me for evading and eluding. A misdemeanor luckily. I ended up getting four other charges: No motor cycle license, expired tags, no insurance, and speeding. Now I have a court date in a month. I have never been in trouble with the law before so I have that on my side, but I was to be prepared as possible for this date. I need advice on who I should talk to, what I should be doing, etc., to prepare.

I didn't have a license because I just hadn't gotten around to it yet, stupid move. I didn't know my tags were expired cause my license plate says 07-09 and I thought I had to the end of the month. I think I can beat this because in Florida you have a 30 day grace period I'm pretty sure. In Florida you also do not have to have insurance on a motorcycle. And obviously I was speeding. I'm most worried about the eluding one as it could potentially mean I serve time in county jail. I'm hoping some of you can help me figure out a good plan of action for this.

You need to get your license, update your tags and obtain motorcycle insurance. Even if you don't intend to keep it, just get it so you can show the DA/Judge. Shows that you take the charge seriously.

Regarding the evading charge, you are on your own there. You aren't going to get any sympathy telling the judge why you couldn't see or hear the cop. You supposed to be paying attention when operating any motor vehicle, if sirens and horns don't get your attention then you are being reckless. It's okay to admit you were wrong, however, and that you will take more care in the future.

I'm like you, always behind on my registration/insurance/liscense. No one likes dealing with beauracracy (I can't even spell it). No priors helps, getting through court is like going to church, dress formal, be quiet, and follow directions. I once got out of a no insurance charge because the judge was impressed that I sat and waited patiently for a few hours. You get a chance to dicuss your charges with the DA and they usually offer you a plea.

The advice about not showing up on your bike is sound as well, they are watching you, people get nailed all the time for showing up in the same car to court they weren't supposed to be driving for whatever reason on the date of the offense.

This is something you can most likely beat on your own if you take it seriously enough, but I never take chances with the law anymore, get a fucking lawyer.

StormCrow420 on
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In the grand scheme of things, the traffic violations aren't that big a deal. You are not going to beat any of these fines in a Valdosta traffic court.

The evading and eluding charge is bad. It will haunt you every time you apply for a job, insurance, or a mortgage.

You need to get an attorney in Valdosta specializing in criminal defense law and get his advice.

Unfortunately, unlike many other states, GA does not offer any type of misdemeanor expungement so you are stuck with whatever you end up pleading to.

November Fifth on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In the grand scheme of things, the traffic violations aren't that big a deal. You are not going to beat any of these fines in a Valdosta traffic court.

The evading and eluding charge is bad. It will haunt you every time you apply for a job, insurance, or a mortgage.

You need to get an attorney in Valdosta specializing in criminal defense law and get his advice.

Unfortunately, unlike many other states, GA does not offer any type of misdemeanor expungement so you are stuck with whatever you end up pleading to.

Ya this pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. I already renewed the tags today. I'm signing up for a license as we speak. I don't know if I can afford insurance... last time I asked about it they told me 300$ a month, plus like a grand to start it. I can ask again. I plan on talking to a lawyer in valdosta, seriously I don't want to end up back in that jail. I was a fucking dungeon.

I'm very worried about all this mostly because I'm pretty broke. I am a full time student working part time. My family doesn't have a lot of money either. I will try to find a lawyer over the weekend, but probably most won't be open until Monday I imagine. Then I hope I'll be able to find out what I'm in for.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    $300 a month? Holy crap. Can't you try for just liability?

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    $300/mo plus $1000 up front is a $4600 premium.

Either you're 16 years old with prior moving violations or they quoted you maximum coverage with low deductibles.

Get another quote.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy christ. I pay $400/year for comprehensive on my motorbike. Of course, I also have a car through the same company so that helps.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This was a while ago. I'm not sure what the coverage was, but they said it was high because i was under 24 and it was a sport bike.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Ya this pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. I already renewed the tags today. I'm signing up for a license as we speak. I don't know if I can afford insurance... last time I asked about it they told me 300$ a month, plus like a grand to start it. I can ask again. I plan on talking to a lawyer in valdosta, seriously I don't want to end up back in that jail. I was a fucking dungeon.

I'm very worried about all this mostly because I'm pretty broke. I am a full time student working part time. My family doesn't have a lot of money either. I will try to find a lawyer over the weekend, but probably most won't be open until Monday I imagine. Then I hope I'll be able to find out what I'm in for.

You are getting a lawyer in GA, right?

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You are getting a lawyer in GA, right?

I'd really like to. I plan on talking to one at least. The problem is that I basically have 0$. In fact, I can't even afford to pay my bills at the moment. Maybe I can figure something out with one, but if the retainer is more than a few hundred dollars I will have to go this alone.

GirlPants on
  • Options
    PracticalProblemSolverPracticalProblemSolver Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Back story:
    I was also very spaced out from the long drive and was leaning over on my gas tank not paying attention to much except what was in front of me. I pretty much couldn't see out of the mirrors at all, nor was I looking. ... No motor cycle license, expired tags, no insurance, and speeding.

Jesus fucking christ, you are a goddamn moron: a spaced out teenager(or mental equivalent) driving an uninsured crotch rocket, unlicensed, with zero monies. Your actions are so irresponsible I might not get infracted for this post.

You cannot afford a motorcycle. You should sell it so you can afford a lawyer.

PracticalProblemSolver on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like the sell the motorcycle idea.
    Buy a scooter.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like like you need a lawyer a helluva lot more than you need a crotch rocket kid.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    Homeric SimileHomeric Simile Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    If you can't afford a lawyer, you can ask the court to appoint one for you, can't you?

Homeric Simile on
    Like the generations of leaves, the lives of mortal men. Now the wind scatters the old leaves across the earth, now the living timber bursts with the new buds and spring comes round again. And so with men: as one generation comes to life, another dies away.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you can't afford a lawyer, you can ask the court to appoint one for you, can't you?

Should be able to. You should definitely seek out a can't afford an attorney attorney. Contact the public defenders office for the area where the court is (the court should be able to point you in that direction).

Tomanta on