Options

[DnD 4E] The Hunters (Discussion Thread)

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Quick tally of characters posted so far;

LEADERS:
    Cleric, Dwarven, Shielding (kuhlmeye)
    Cleric, Dwarven (Jyanta); What sort of cleric are you?
    Shaman, Human, Stalker Spirit (NotoriusBEN)

STRIKERS:
    Barbarian, Warforged, Rageblood Vigor (Rainfall)
    Barbarian, Human, Rageblood Vigor (interrobang)
    Monk, Half-Orc, Centered Breath (cytorak); your post says Half-Orc Barbarian btw
    Avenger, Gnome(!), Pursuit? (Hexmage-PA); Gnomes get a boost to Int, why not restat and go Retribution? or Unity?
    Ranger, Razorclaw Shifter, Two-Blade Style (samurai6966)
    Ranger, Elf, Archer Style (Hermenegilde)

DEFENDERS:
    Swordmage, Human, Ensnaring (Jebu)

CONTROLLERS:
    Invoker, Deva, Preservation (feeddannow)
    Invoker, Changeling, Preservation (Hayasa)

Rius on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    STRIKERS:
    Monk, Half-Orc, Centered Breath (cytorak); your post says Half-Orc Barbarian btw

Apparently, I had a stroke. Fixed now.

cytorak on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What, I dont get my name in there ?

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    jyantajyanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yea I must of just missed with my character background too. I bet we will be in the next group.

jyanta on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, all you people who submitted strikers should change to defenders so I can post a striker and probably get in!

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Edits made for the two of you.

Rius on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Someday, I'll look into Divine Power and make a Paladin. But not today :P.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I updated my post with what type of Cleric I am

jyanta on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here is my full application for Bornir, Dwarf Shielding Cleric of Moradin

Background:
    Bornir was born to a family that didn't want him. It was because of this that they left in a lowly Temple of Moradin on the day of his birth, hoping the priesthood there would watch over him. Then they left, never to return, not even to check on their offspring. The priests at the temple did more than the parents had ever hoped they would, forging young Bornir into a loyal Cleric of Moradin, taking every effort to assure that the child was kept safe from the evils of the world. It was because of this that Bornir didn't know how to respond when the group of bandits attacked the Temple just after he had come of age. Their priesthood did not teach the ways of battle, and most of the priests and clerics that lived there were cut down easily, and the temple was burned to the ground. Bornir narrowly escaped death that day, making it to the nearby village where he found housing.

From here, he journeyed far from the land he called home, trying to find another temple like his. Eventually he found a new place of worship, and there learned the ways of battle, hoping to purge the land of the evil that destroyed the place he grew up.

Personality:
    Grim and gruff, Bornir has barely laughed since the fire at the Temple. He always keeps his serious demeanour, making sure that the tragedy that befell him will never happen to others.

Appearance:
    Medium height for a dwarf, Bornir stands at 4'6". His skin is darker than most dwarves, though not too dark. He has eyes are the color of dark stained wood, brown with a hint of red.

Sheet: Bornir, Dwarf Shielding Cleric of Moradin

Potions
    minor to drink, minor to draw

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Avenger, Gnome(!), Pursuit? (Hexmage-PA); Gnomes get a boost to Int, why not restat and go Retribution? or Unity?

Censure of Pursuit fits my character concept better. Also, I like chasing things.

BTW, I added a background trait because everybody else is doing it and I didn't want to feel like the odd man out.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    Hey, all you people who submitted strikers should change to defenders so I can post a striker and probably get in!

Quiet you!

Jebu on
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have been missing your game Denada.

Expect a character concept later tonight. I just have to pick the one I like (I am a character builder junkie) :D

Dajian on
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Time to bring Tristan out of retirement:

Background:
    "My first memory is a whip cracking across my back. It's not a painful memory for me. Rather, an enlightening one. I was brought up a slave to a tribe of goblins. I can only assume the result of a raid, or ambush that killed the rest of my family. It doesn't matter though; they weren't there for me to care. All I cared about at first was doing the bidding of whoever carried that whip. But as a grew older the repeated abuses and my growing knowledge of the world planted a seed of rebellion in my heart. I fought my way out of enslavement, and killed a dozen goblins on the way, too. But I harbor no resentment for my captors. Their feeble attempts to control another creature taught me a valuable lesson. That's why that memory is so enlightening. The art of control. An art the goblins could never hope to fathom. But I understand this art. I understand control of myself, and through that, how to be the most efficient at any task.
    Now you may question how the ability to control myself will help when you hire me. I'll tell you this. When I escaped from my enslavement, I didn't succumb to anger and attack everything in sight. No, I carefully chose my path through that dark cave, attacking at the most opportune times. In the most vital places, and calmly found my escape. I killed a dozen goblins that day. Have you ever honestly seen a 12 year old boy do better than that with a stick and a few rocks? In the 8 years since then I've killed dozens more goblins, and have no new scars to show for it. I know battle, and I know how to control it...So when do I start?"

Personality:
    Tristan is a warrior at heart. And a ruthless one at that. He prides himself on being in peak physical condition and openly disdains those who let their bodies grow fat and weak.
    He lives by the creed of "excellency in all things". Unfortunately for most people he has no moral compass whatsoever, so he's quite excellent at mocking them.

Potion talk:
    One minor action to drink
    Unless of course it's a sentient potion made of a slime who resists all the way down to your belly. Then it may take a standard action. And it would be mint flavored.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Can you use Backgrounds? I did not think you could. If you can let me know and I will add my Background

jyanta on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    jyanta wrote: »
    Can you use Backgrounds? I did not think you could. If you can let me know and I will add my Background

"General" backgrounds are allowed. Scales of War, FR, and Eberron backgrounds are not.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rokhir, Dwarven Paladin of Moradin.

Because Moradin kicks all the other gods' asses all day long.

Summary:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Rokhir Shaelvein VIII, level 1
    Dwarf, Paladin
    Build: Avenging Paladin
    Background: Occupation - Foe Killer (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 15, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 11 Will: 13
    HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +4, Intimidate +5, Endurance +7, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -2, Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Heal +2, History -1, Insight +2, Nature +2, Stealth -2, Streetwise, Thievery -2, Athletics +2

FEATS
    Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

POWERS
    Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
    Paladin at-will 1: Holy Strike
    Paladin at-will 1: Ardent Strike
    Paladin encounter 1: Divine Pursuit
    Paladin daily 1: Blood of the Mighty

ITEMS
    Plate Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Mordenkrad
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Background:
    Rokhir had known for a long time what it was to fight. His family had given him to the care of the church of Moradin when he was young, as had his father's family had done for generations. However, a cleric he was not meant to be. The priests of the temple noticed his talent with Moradin's ancient weapons and trained him in the ways to track and fight those who would do harm against the dwarfs while he was taken by an older Paladin of Moradin outside the temple to train in the way of weapons and armor.

When his training was complete, he returned home to his family not in the trappings of a cleric but in the armor of a Paladin and his father knew immediately what young Rokhir would be doing. Amid bursts of tears from his mother and stern looks from his father, Rokhir promised to stay alive and bring honor to his clan as he traveled the world as he had been drawn to do.

Edit:
    Potions... Who needs 'em. Real men can Second Wind as a minor action, and that's all ye' need.
    Blah blah 2 minors unless you have quick draw blah blah

Delmain on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do Dwarves only worship Moradin? Sure, the other races have their patron gods, but it seems like dwarves are the only race that almost exclusively worship their racial patron. I haven't seen that specified officially anywhere, but it seems like everybody has this idea that dwarves should only be worshipers of Moradin.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Elyas, Deva Orb of Imposition Wizard

Personality:
    Behind his hollow eyes and silent stare, his mind is always at work. Sometimes it wanders, finding unexpected solutions or paths to take, other times it argues with himself. Because of the noise, he often forgets what his companions sound like, and ignores or interrupts them, with little regard.

Background:
    In his most recent life, Elyas studied under a master wizard. When an explosion rocked the workshop and killed Elyas, he returned after his cycle of rebirth to find his former master gone. Thinking him to be dead, Elyas gathered some supplies and began to wander. In his travels, he fell in with a group of hunters, finding that actively practicing magic was teaching him far faster than ancient tombs and study.

Appearance:
    His skin is a light blue. The subtle light gray designs that accent his body appear in a seemingly random, yet balanced way. His hollow eyes sometimes betray his emotions, revealing someone who is fighting to make up for a terrible tragedy.

CB:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
    Elyas, level 1
    Deva, Wizard
    Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 15 Fort: 10 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
    HP: 20 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +12, Insight +8, Religion +12, History +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance, Heal +3, Intimidate -1, Nature +3, Perception +3, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
    Wizard: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Surging Flame

POWERS
    Wizard at-will 1: Scorching Burst
    Wizard at-will 1: Storm Pillar
    Wizard encounter 1: Icy Terrain
    Wizard daily 1: Sleep
    Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Freezing Cloud

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Spellbook, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Implement, Orb, Dagger, Residuum (Any) (60)
    RITUALS
    Make Whole, Silence, Tenser's Floating Disk
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Picture:
    this is fine for now
    racesdevamale.jpg

How many actions:
    The question is vague. It takes 1 minor action to drink a potion you have in your hand. It usually takes another minor action to draw it from your bag. Unless you have Quick Draw, of course.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Do Dwarves only worship Moradin? Sure, the other races have their patron gods, but it seems like dwarves are the only race that almost exclusively worship their racial patron. I haven't seen that specified officially anywhere, but it seems like everybody has this idea that dwarves should only be worshipers of Moradin.

Well I was going to make my Dwarf worship Kord but I though it would be good to worship Moradin. Maybe I should change it so we dont have a lot of Moradin worshipers around.

jyanta on
  • Options
    SnowSquallSnowSquall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Going to jump in with Bristol Brightbeard, Dwarf Artificer

Picture
    82095.jpg

Appearance
    Bristol is a tall--for a Dwarf--Dwarf of noble standings. He wears simple leather armor over his regular clothes, and keeps a variety of different satchels, packs and various other containers for his numerous gadgets. He has bright white hair, which is the signature of characteristic of his clan, complete with a large, full beard. His hair tends to stay immaculately clean even though the rest of Bristol would be covered in a variety of grim and dirt from his experimentations and gadgeteering.

Personality
    Bristol is an inventor, particular those of a warlike nature which makes him a rather curious Dwarf. He's always searching to add something new to his gadgets, or some new idea or some new means of testing out his weapons. As such, he tends to always get in over his head often. So far, he's managed to get out of any problems with a little bit of quick thinking and using a variety of gadgets that he keeps on himself or invents on the spot.

Background
    The Brightbeards are a clan of Dwarves that are reknown blacksmiths and Bristol was no exception. He trained to be a blacksmith from the moment that he could lift a hammer. Even at a young age, he was crafting outstanding weapons and armour but that was never enough for him. Bristol wanted to create new weapons and armour that were more effective and efficient. At first, this lead to him experimenting with trying to smith different techniques, and metals together. He had some success, but it wasn't the progress that Bristol wanted.

It wasn't until Bristol meet a traveling band of adventurers with a very talkative Wizard, that Bristol thought of combining the arcane into his forging. From that moment, he became entranced with learning about the arcane and apply it into forging new implements. Nowadays, Bristol is out looking to find new ideas for inventions and is looking forward to testing out his creations in real situations against real opponents.

Summary
    Bristol Brightbeard, level 1
    Dwarf, Artificer
    Build: Battlesmith Artificer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 13, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 14 Will: 12
    HP: 28 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +9, Heal +6, Diplomacy +4, Perception +6, Dungeoneering +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Bluff -1, Endurance +5, History +4, Insight +1, Intimidate -1, Nature +1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
    Artificer: Master Mixer
    Level 1: Potent Restorables

POWERS
    Artificer at-will 1: Magic Weapon
    Artificer at-will 1: Thundering Armor
    Artificer encounter 1: Scouring Weapon
    Artificer daily 1: Life-Tapping Darts

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Repeating crossbow, Magazine (20)
    RITUALS
    Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole

Potions
    Generally 2 Minor Actions if the potion isn't drawn. One to pull it out and another drink it. Although there are feats that will allow to be used in one.

SnowSquall on
    Quinnten, Human Sorceror [Giant Ants]
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I have in the Adventures of the Blind Swallow D&D game a dwarf cleric that worships the Raven Queen. Moradin is normally a dwarf god but others races worship him and there are dwarfs that don't.

Edit: I have background and personality on with my Character's Stats now. Sorry the picture won't show up on the thread for some reason.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well I changed my character around a little bit. I was able to look at the backgrounds and then I figured out what I could do to change my character. He is a little more of a helper now.

jyanta on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I cant remember if it was Kord or Moradin but there is a Paragon Path that is available to such worshippers.
    I dont have my books with me, but its in Martial Power I think. Chosen of Kord, or Child of Moradin or something...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I cant remember if it was Kord or Moradin but there is a Paragon Path that is available to such worshippers.
    I dont have my books with me, but its in Martial Power I think. Chosen of Kord, or Child of Moradin or something...

There is a Paragon Path for like every deity in the game if you are an avenger, I think. Its in Divine Powers.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to throw a halfling fighter into the ring for Denada's consideration, eviscerating monsters with his left-handed scimitar and kneecapping them with his shield, using his small stature to duck under clumsy blows from these overgrown abominations that litter the wilderness.

He may be past his physical prime, but what he's lost in agility is more than balanced by his experience, and those he's faced in battle would attest that his sword arm has lost none of its vigor (if any of those had still been alive).

Potions:
    None--combat is for choppy-chopping and smashy-smashing! Save yer tea time for camp.
    But seriously, minor to draw, minor to consume.

Go go halfling background!
    Bonacor (‘Cor) Sootfoot felt old at the end of the day, though he wouldn’t admit that even to himself. He did recognize that the daily aches and pains were more prominent than he remembered them. His lean frame (wiry to some, scrawny to others) reflected years of hard living, but his long muscles held considerable strength. His short, loose, dark hair was more generously salted every season. The ebullient, ear-to-ear moustache was still mostly dark, and helped remind bigger folk that he wasn’t an adolescent human.

His parents had named him “Bonacor” (“good heart”) while full of the hope and optimism that visits all new parents. The significance of being known as simply “Cor” to his acquaintances wasn’t lost on him. Consideration of his family (parents, two siblings, assorted nieces and nephews) led him to travel as Mr. Sootfoot, a nickname he’d picked up during his year of penal labor. (His boots were nearly finished when he was arrested, and they didn’t last much longer on the work crew. The jailers weren’t about to spend money to replace his boots. By the time he scavenged another pair from an inmate who coughed himself to death in the night, his feet were so swollen and tender that wearing boots hurt more than the alternative. Soon, though, his soles were so callused he didn’t need shoes—he could even stamp out the evening cookfire.) The name and a healthy respect (and aversion) for authority were the only “profit” from his short career of “light banditry”. He didn’t like to think of the overlapping brands on the back of his right hand that he also carried from that year (one marking him as a criminal/slave, the other showing he had completed his sentence).

He had calmed down considerably from his younger days, but still seemed to find himself on the wrong side of events. Shopkeepers, officers and parents all looked a little too long at his brand. In towns, he had learned to limit himself to one drink at the tavern (when he was feeling sensible). More than that, and he tended to wake up, bruised, in the local jail. This was usually the best outcome he could hope for on those evenings.

Bhow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You got somethin' against Moradin?!

No, seriously, it's probably just about Domains for the others. I was looking at the domains and there's no good reason for me to take any of the domain feats related to any of the gods, so I went with Moradin because I'm a dwarf.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Note, if chosen, depending on the party makeup, I'd switch the mordenkrad out for a craghammer and a heavy shield.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Padrig Merrilin – Hybrid (Sorcerer|Bard)

Padrig found himself chewing on his long white mustache and blew the ends out again in exasperation. “Nothing for it I guess. I need to eat after all.”

With a flourish of his multicolored cloak, it had hundreds of patched sewn on the outside each a different color, Padrig bowed to the Inn Keeper.

“Very well I shall perform for your common room for a room, meals, and I am allowed to keep what tips I make.” These are hard times. Years past I would have had at least 10 gold pieces besides.

Stepping to the small platform the Inn Keep called his stage Padrig sported a wide smile as the cheers from the common room went up.

The night was a long one. Padrig juggled multi-colored balls occasionally making them glow and spark, played his harp, sung songs, and even recounted a tale or two he had heard. This had been Padrig’s life for nearly 30 years. He traveled from village to village living day to day free as the wind. Yet something tugged at his mind as if he was meant for something more.

jzbdia.jpg

Stats:
    Padrig Merrilin, level 1
    Human, Sorcerer|Bard
    Sorcerous Power: Sorcerous Power Dexterity
    Hybrid Bard: Hybrid Bard Reflex
    Background: Birth - Omen

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 18.

AC: 12 Fort: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 17
    HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy +10, Arcana +5, Streetwise +10, Bluff +10, Acrobatics +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Dungeoneering, Endurance +1, Heal, History +1, Insight, Intimidate +6, Nature, Perception, Religion +1, Stealth +3, Thievery +3, Athletics +1

FEATS
    Human: Distant Advantage
    Level 1: White Lotus Evasion

POWERS
    Bonus At-Will Power: Lightning Strike
    Hybrid Bard at-will 1: Jinx Shot
    Hybrid Sorcerer at-will 1: Acid Orb
    Hybrid encounter 1: Pinning Bolt
    Hybrid daily 1: Stirring Shout

ITEMS
    Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Hand Crossbow

Potions!
    Minor action to drink.
    Minor action to pull it out of your pack unless you have quick draw.

Dajian on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Added background/flavor for Cor Sootfoot to previous post.

Bhow on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    August 14 is forever away. :P

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I know Cytorak. I am bouncing off the walls waiting to see what is going to happen. One good thing is that I am getting more time to flesh out the background even more. 1 more week to go...

jyanta on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    August 14 is forever away. :P

I am torn. On one hand I want the 14th to come so I can see if I can play in another awesome Denada game. On the other hand that is my birthday and I am going to be 30... so it can take a while to get here :P

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I had originally glossed over the dates and only registered "Friday." Having to wait a whole week!? That's a kick in the shin with a soft-toed shoe. But anticipation will make the final selection much more sweet (or bitter).

Dajian--30's not bad. Actually, I recall it fondly. It's entering the following decade that I'm not excited about. But I hope Denada has a birthday present for you!

Bhow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yea next month I turn 34. It is bad when you daughters tell you "Dad 34 is like really old". Still I am around and needing to smite the unclean with my hammer. Ah the feeling of breaking bones in the morning.

jyanta on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do Dwarves only worship Moradin? Sure, the other races have their patron gods, but it seems like dwarves are the only race that almost exclusively worship their racial patron. I haven't seen that specified officially anywhere, but it seems like everybody has this idea that dwarves should only b e worshipers of Moradin.

Straight from 4E Divine Power, page 36,
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]DWARVES WHO DON'T[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]WORSHIP MORADIN[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many dwarves revere Moradin first among the gods, but they also recognize that different deities holds way over different aspects of life. Like other folk, the great majority of dwarves venerate various deities at appropiate times. Dwarves whose interests go beyond the typical values of industry, stoicism, and artisanship are just as likely to give homage to the deity of their vocation as to Moradin. The Soul Forger shaped them in body and soul long ago, but they have lived under the influence of many gods—both beneficial and malevolent — ever since.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For example, a dwarf soldier makes offerings in Moradin's name most of the time , but when marching off to war she might call upon Kord for strength, Bane for victory, or Bahamut for honor. A dwarf tomb-keeper might take the Raven Queen as his patron, while a dwarf rogue who travels in search of adventure is likely to honor Avandra. Like wise, dwarves know that their hearts are touched by Sehanine, their minds shaped by Erathis and loun, and their fates overseen by the Raven Queen. They thank Pelor for the warmth of the sun and Corellon for the inspiration to create works of beauty. [/FONT]

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Looking at the applications so far, the one character that the potential team needs is a good haughty guy that is clearly better than everyone else. There's a lot of affable adventurers, a couple of poor boys and a couple of psychopaths, but despite all the clerics and dwarves, no clear moral and/or social guardian. Not that its compulsory, but if you want a niche for an app, thats one.
    At the side of the corpse of the probable Undulating Eversmort (but possible Bifurcated Elderhornet), Oyn looked around for something to flip the body with that wouldn't burn or heat up in contact with its acidic skin. "Anon", the changeling asked, "Can I borrow your sword for a moment?"

Eyeing the changeling with the deserved contempt that any true adventurer would have for one with such a dubious, and no doubt immoral, background, Anon curled his lip and gripped the hilt of his sword even more tightly. "May I."

"Uh..what?"

"May I borrow your sword", repeated Anon in the same disinterested tone. "Show some respect, and I may let you borrow it."

Rolling his eyes at the adventurer's ill-timed formality, Oyn amends his request. "Fine. May I borrow your sword for a moment?"

"No."

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You could always give Oyn multiple personalities and have him wear both hats =)

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oyn can't afford a sword!

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Could he delusionally think his rod/staff was a sword?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What rod/staff??? Rods cost 12gp!

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg