As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Blood & Chrome is here and will frak your shit backwards in time

• Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Her skin is way too white.

Caprica 6 was too tall. It's a quirk of mine - no matter what else about a girl, if she's taller than me, I don't find her attractive. Granted, I don't know how she compares to me, but given that she was a head above Gaius in every scene they were in, it didn't look good.

Sharon was the hottie of the BSG series for me.

Really? I thought it made the scenes better, more "otherworldy", also made her more intimidating.
    Melkster wrote: »
    I thought Roslin was the hot one.
    Me too. I don't usually fancy women older then my mother but her being all MILFy in the last episodes...damn.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SkyGheNe wrote: »
    I think it's more awkward that they have a naked high school girl on the cover of their series advert.

She's 21. Unless she's reeeeeally stupid that's not exactly high school

Khavall on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think it's more awkward that they have a naked high school girl on the cover of their series advert.

It's been a while since I saw the pilot but the main cast had a distinctly "We're in highschool" thing going. It is long, long ago in a section of the galaxy far, far away so I guess the school system may not match up one-to-one, but that was certainly the impression I got as well.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It's been a while since I saw the pilot but the main cast had a distinctly "We're in highschool" thing going. It is long, long ago in a section of the galaxy far, far away so I guess the school system may not match up one-to-one, but that was certainly the impression I got as well.

Yes the character is supposed to be in high school.

The actress however is not in high school.

Khavall on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Ohh. Yeah, I said that a few posts ago. But she was born in April '87, I think, which would put her at 22, no? Thus my confusion.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Caprica 6 was too tall. It's a quirk of mine - no matter what else about a girl, if she's taller than me, I don't find her attractive. Granted, I don't know how she compares to me, but given that she was a head above Gaius in every scene they were in, it didn't look good.

Sharon was the hottie of the BSG series for me.

Really? I thought it made the scenes better, more "otherworldy", also made her more intimidating.
    Melkster wrote: »
    I thought Roslin was the hot one.
    Me too. I don't usually fancy women older then my mother but her being all MILFy in the last episodes...damn.
    She could send me to detention any day.:winky:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    *badly fumbles a joke about "I wouldn't mind being thrown out of her airlock"*

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Whats important is that BSG had some of the most attractive women on TV. Love or hate Six, she was indeed smokin hot, my girlfriend constantly spoke of how shed lez out with her...to the point it became not that funny or hot, but rather troublesome.

Boomer was also very pretty.

Roslin had it goin on for a Gilf.

Caprica needs more of this and less girls that I probably wouldnt notice out at a bar if they want to post naked suggestive ads and expect them to work.

Im totally ok with the actress playing her character, not every chick needs to be stunning, but for an ad like that to work...they kind of do.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Whats important is that BSG had some of the most attractive women on TV. Love or hate Six, she was indeed smokin hot, my girlfriend constantly spoke of how shed lez out with her...to the point it became not that funny or hot, but rather troublesome.

Caprica needs more of this and less girls that I probably wouldnt notice out at a bar if they want to post naked suggestive ads and expect them to work.

Im totally ok with the actress playing her character, not every chick needs to be stunning, but for an ad like that to work...they kind of do.

I actually find the actress in the ad to be rather attractive. I think she's more attractive than Tricia Helfer.

Beauty, beholder, etc.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I probably wouldnt notice out at a bar

And with the use of a "wouldn't notice her if you passed her on the street" variation, the Internet forum discussion of an actress's attractiveness has completed its standard cycle!

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

The poster is displaying the character, not the actress, and is within the context of the show.

If there are signs that an actor is underage and you find it faptacular, then that's kind of awkward.

She looks 16. Awkward.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Im more discussing the quality of the ad then the actress herself. Like I said, in the context of the show shes fine, in that ad she isnt.

And everyone can have their own tastes in girls, you may find her more attractive, however id be willing to bet a majority of men wouldnt find her that hot, and thus the ad does nothing to draw people in, and instead seems awkward.

I guess, as someone who will probably enjoy this show and want it to succeed, that ad will probably push more people away then it will gain. Its just sort of awkward.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Jason Todd wrote: »

I actually find the actress in the ad to be rather attractive. I think she's more attractive than Tricia Helfer.

Beauty, beholder, etc.

Agreed. She looks more like a real person, which has been scientifically proven to be 10 times sexier than the peroxide-blond, surgically-enhanced, collagen-injected variety.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

The poster is displaying the character, not the actress, and is within the context of the show.

If there are signs that an actor is underage and you find it faptacular, then that's kind of awkward.

She looks 16. Awkward.

Nonsense. I don't care if she's playing 16, if she's actually 22, then there's no squick factor. Especially in a world where hollywood continually casts people in their 20's as people barely into puberty.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think she's kinda cute.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Starbuck was the hot one guys, get it right. Tricia Helfer is sexy as hell obviously, but she's too fake.

This on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Which is an intentional photo manipulation to make her look artificial, I assume. GIS seems to prove that Alessandra Torresani is not actually that pale.
    Tricia Helfer is 5'10, which while quite tall for a woman isn't insane. Keep in mind that she was in like 6" heels pretty much every time she was on screen.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Godsdamn all of you people.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think she's kinda cute.

I think she looks like Daphne Zuniga, eerily so.

Atomika on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Godsdamn all of you people.

When aliens come to judge if humanity should be destroyed they will read this thread. It will be the tipping point to securing our doom.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tricia Helfer is objectively hot. Doubly so because you could play video games with her and while she probably wouldn't be great at it she'd give it a genuine try, rather then a "I like you" try.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This wrote: »
    Starbuck was the hot one guys, get it right. Tricia Helfer is sexy as hell obviously, but she's too fake.

The sexiest Cylon was
    Tory, one of the final five. She was :winky:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

The sexiest Cylon was

Agreed, she's gorgeous. But she cries during sex...:?

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

The sexiest Cylon was

Agreed, she's gorgeous. But she cries during sex...:?

well

It was with Baltar.

Who wouldn't cry.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tricia Helfer is 5'10, which while quite tall for a woman isn't insane. Keep in mind that she was in like 6" heels pretty much every time she was on screen.

It doesn't help the perception of her height when she's standing next to James Callis, who is 5'8"

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    He's 5'8" like Tom Cruise is 6'0"

Fucker can't be much taller than 5'6"

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So...
    Caprica-Poster-Key-Art.jpg

Looks like January 22 is the day.

Looks good to me, yeah I bet some are going to have issues with it since she's more "cute" then sexy but I like her look. Sure I like super models with big boobs like anyone else but it's nice to see a more normal human being portrayed as a female for once instead of one of those "hot girls" you normally seen paraded around in any given show.

I certainly wouldn't mind her wetting my captains whistle.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    She has a certain Alyson Hannigan-like appeal. Not super hot, more like your high school girlfriend hot.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can definitively state that none of my high school girlfriends were not in the same ballpark; not in the same league. Hell, they weren't even playing the same goddamn sport.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really, it's a sad fucking state of affairs, and a horrible commentary on Hollywood when it's controversial whether that girl is attractive or not.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really, it's a sad fucking state of affairs, and a horrible commentary on Hollywood when it's controversial whether that girl is attractive or not.

That's why they tend to hire 20 somethings to play teenagers.

Who wants pimples and flat breast when you can boobs and long legs?

Always have.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cade wrote: »

Always have.

That, and child labor laws, and having to pay for a tutor 'cause they have to go to school as required by law.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cade wrote: »

Always have.

That, and child labor laws, and having to pay for a tutor 'cause they have to go to school as required by law.

Those things are easily enough to do and get past but when it comes down to it they use older hot looking people to sex it up and market it better.

Just part of Hollywood.

Cade on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was a late-comer to the series, watched all but the final half season late last year while out to sea, and then more recently watched 4.5 when it came out on DVD.

I loved it. Not all of it, there were some hard parts to get through emotionally (Billy, no!) but I did like the final episodes, I understand the change of tone and pacing was jarring to some, but the quality was still very high.
    The scenes (from the extended finale) with Baltar back on Caprica dealing with his dad, back when Six first came into his life were amazing. Perfect performances. The scene at the end on Earth when Baltar explains to Six that he understands a lot about agriculture and then starts to break down and she comforts him brought tears to my eyes. Kara disappearing was a little hard to take, but I ultimately accepted that it simply was what it was. Kara died. The Kara that came back was an angel or something. She explained it perfectly well herself right before she vanished.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So, since I've watched the seasons of the main series, and the original mini-series, can someone list for me what else I need to pick up on DVD? I was aware of the Caprica film but have not seen it yet.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Don't forget Razor (really good, and plot-thickening) and The Plan (kind of fanwanky and overexpository, but still decent).

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have Razor on dvd but haven't watched it yet. Where do I find The Plan, and what is it about?

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Plan is on SyFy tonigh at 9 I believe so.

But that's only if you're ok with missing chuck.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Plan is on SyFy tonigh at 9 I believe so.

But that's only if you're ok with missing chuck.

I'm on duty and going underway tomorrow for a month, so uhm...

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    it's a separate dvd, and it sort of fills in a few gaps in the original storytelling (we get to see what some people were up to before they showed up on camera), and it's told mostly from the Cylon perspective. I liked it myself, but it's caught a lot of flak for being kind of clunky.

Also it has boobs and dongs.

Bitstream on